Final Doppelgänger, Klaus Mik...

By -MissHolland

Estella Henderson is a normal average girl living in Chicago or so she thinks. Estella has no idea about the... More

extended summary/cast
one, blue eye stranger
two, night out
three, connections
four, errands
five, charity ball
six, art gallery
seven, kidnapped
nine, katherine
ten, stefan

eight, truth

2K 113 23
By -MissHolland

Estella Henderson woke up expecting to feel pain from her broken wrist but was surprised to notice it didn't hurt. She opens her eyes slowly and sits up on the couch, looking around.

Ella looked at her arms in confusion, there weren't any scrapes or blood on her. Like they were all cured.

"Was it just a nightmare?" Estella whispers to herself looking around to notice she wasn't at her house. She continues to look at her wrist in shock twisting it back and forth.

"It was all real," Klaus says softly leaning against the doorway. Estella slowly processes his words looking at him.

"What are you talking about Nik?" Estella asks lifting her wrist up. "Look, it's not broken anymore."

Klaus slowly walks over to her and sits down next to her. His eyes never left her face. He could tell she was nervous and still felt frightened from what happened to her.

"Love, I promise I'm going to explain everything but please don't freak out." And don't hate me after, he wanted to add but didn't.

Klaus watched as Ella processed the words and she nodded. Realizing that he was a part of that world. Ella felt tears well up in her eyes, not sure if she was ready for the words he was going to say.

"Wait! What happened to Justin and Jennifer?" Ella asked with wide eyes looking around the room away.

"Love, look at me," Klaus says softly touching Ella's cheek, "They're never going to hurt you again you hear me? I took care of them." Ella nods relaxing and not asking what he meant by that.

The hybrid smiles softly, lifting his hand up again to stroke her cheek. He was glad, her bruises and cuts were gone. Klaus made sure to give both Justin and Jennifer, the same bruises, but much, much worse.

"I'm just not sure how or where to start." He says quietly making Ella look at him and softly grabs his hand, noticing that he was struggling with what to say.

"Start from the beginning." She says as they intertwined their hands causing Klaus to clam a bit.

Estella wasn't as naïve and dumb as the other vampire made her out to be. Klaus leaving to talk to the red-haired "Ellie" was suspicious because when he came back, he seemed a bit distracted and occupied. Like he was thinking.

So seeing Klaus in the woods when she really needed him, made her realize that he was a part of that world. And even possibly a vampire like the other two. But Ella wanted to hear it straight from him.

The events from yesterday were still fresh in Estella's head but holding Nik's hand made her feel more relaxed and comfortable.

Klaus kept his eyes on their hands when he started from the beginning, "I lied to you early." He looked up at her and watched as she looked at him in confusion.

"I'm not an only child, I had four brothers and two sisters." He started thinking of them.

Estella squeezed his hand in comfort, she noticed how he used the word had.

"I have an older sister Freya and a younger sister Rebekah." Ella's eyes sparkle, in recognition of the name.

I think you'd get along with Rebekah...She's obsessed with fashion and has been obsessed with Kingsley's boutique, for what feels like centuries. Klaus had said that night at the bar. Turns out, he was talking about his little sister. Ella suddenly felt flattered that his sister Rebekah would get along with her.

Klaus continued, "I have two older brothers, Finn and Elijah, and two younger brothers Kol and...Henrik." He stopped for a second then continued, "Finn died a couple of years ago and Henrik died over a thousand years ago."

Estella's eyes widen in shock, did I hear that right? Over a thousand years ago. I guess Rebekah has been loving Kingsley's boutique since day one. Ella thought to herself, admiring Rebekah's admiration and loyalty.

"I'm sorry about your brothers," Estella says squeezing his hand in comfort with one hand and playing with her necklace with the other.

The doppelgänger wasn't very good with comfort, as a child Ella was never close to any of the kids. So when someone would get adopted, she didn't miss them. Change happened every day in the foster homes she was in.

Klaus kisses her forehead and continues, "We're the first vampires ever created."

Ella stayed silent as she was shocked. Lately, she's been feeling that a lot.

"We're not like normal vampires. We're stronger, faster and we're able to compel both humans and vampires." He stops to look at her, "It was my father's idea after my younger brother Henrik was killed by the wolves. but my mother's magic did this. She was a powerful witch back then."

"How did it happen? Did it hurt?" Ella asked still not understanding.

"My mother did a spell and my father killed us with his sword then himself. After my first kill, a secret my mother kept for years...was exposed."

"Klaus. That's your name isn't it?" She asked already knowing the answer. Ella remembered what Justin had told her about Klaus being different.

Nik nodded, "Niklaus." That made Estella smile. "Everyone knows me as Klaus. But only my family calls me Nik."

Ella nods taking in the information, "You're part werewolf." Klaus nods, noticing Jennifer and Justin had told her some background. "Wait that means.." she didn't finish.

"Mikeal wasn't my birth father. Turns out my mother had an affair with a werewolf years back. That's why my father hated me and treated me cruelly."

"He hated you?"

"Mikeal was cruel. He never cared for me, just insulted me and hit me for any reason. Treated me like I was a chore."

Ella felt tears form in her eyes, "But that wasn't your fault. I mean you never asked to be born and you're here because of a choice your mothers made. You were innocent."

Klaus smiled softly and squeezed her hand. "It was a long time ago Ella."

The doppelgänger shakes her head, "Just because it was years ago doesn't make it okay Nik. Why do you still call him your father?" Noticing his prior words.

"Because Mikeal did damage only a real father could do." That made a tear fall from Ella's eye and she led over to wrap her arms around him.

Klaus accepted the hug right away, quite relieved that Estella was taking all the information in without any fear or judgment.

"I'm sorry. You didn't deserve that." Ella said softly when she pulled away.

"Don't worry, love. I had my siblings, they managed to stop a handful of things." The hybrid said not wanting to think about his human years. "After my father found out, he despised me more than he already did. So he had my father place a curse on me."

Ella gasped softly, seeing where this was going. "She took away your wolf side?"

The hybrid nodded, "The curse stopped me from having my werewolf abilities. Stopped me from transforming. It took me over 1000 years to break the curse and it was only recently." Thinking about the Salvatore brothers and Elena.

"In order to break the curse, I needed a full moon and the moonstone that bound the original curse. Then, a werewolf and a vampire had to be sacrificed.. after I would-" he cuts himself off and looks at her. Ella looked intrigued. "I had to kill someone from the original bloodline my mother killed from when she cursed me."

Klaus lied. He wanted to be honest with her but he wasn't sure if it was the right time for that honestly.

"Why did it take so long?"

"I only had a chance every 500 years, the first time around. It didn't work." Klaus left it at that and was glad that Ella didn't ask more about it.

"But it worked the second time and now I have both abilities and gifts."

Ella nodded and took a deep breath, taking in the information. "Did you kill the vampire? The one we saw at the art gallery?"

Klaus didn't see a point in lying so he didn't, "I did. Does that scare you?"

"Kind of. Why?" She asked nervously waiting for the answer.

"She was working for a bad person. Can we just leave it at that for now?" He asked softly, not wanting to talk about Katherine.

Ella nodded, "How can you kill a vampire?"

"A vampire can die as a human would but they wake up after a couple of minutes. The way to permanently kill them would be sticking them in the heart or if they step into the sun without a daylight ring."

"That's kind of cool but also scary. Can you die like that?"

Klaus shook his head, "No, since I'm an original the only way to kill me would be with a white oak stake but that's long gone."

Ella signs relief, "That's a relief." She whispers making Klaus smile.

"What about your siblings? Are they out in the world?"

Hope. Klaus hasn't told her about his daughter. His little miracle. He wasn't sure how Ella would feel about it. Nik knew she wouldn't judge him but he just didn't want to freak her out. The thought made him chuckle a bit.

"I don't talk to my siblings anymore because of my daughter."

That really did surprise the human, "wait, I thought you were a vampire? And vampires can't have children right? I mean unless this is like Twilight because th-"

Klaus cuts his soulmate off with a confused look, "Twilight? What in the world is twilight?"

The human blushed biting her lip, "Nothing." Klaus looked at the blush on her cheek and raised an eyebrow.

"I mean it has to be something. Especially with how red your face is." He teased.

Ella laughed nervously, "Let's just say Edward Cullen was my first crush. And will always be my number one vampire."

That made Klaus laugh, "A vampire movie I'm guessing?"

Klaus, Elijah, Kol, and Rebekah always found vampire books and movies amusing. Especially because of how unrealistic they are. However, he's never heard of Twilight. But Klaus could only imagine how silly it must be.

"I'll show you one day." By one day, never. over my dead body. Ella thinks hoping Klaus forgets this.

"After I broke my curse, my wolf abilities activated, and I guess, Mother Nature decided to create this loophole."

"That oddly makes sense," Ella says laughing making Klaus chuckle as well.

Both just looked at each other before Klaus continued, "Seven years ago we faced a dark powerful unkillable thing called the hollow and she wanted Hope's power. There was no way to get rid of it so each one of us transferred a part of it inside us."

"But you couldn't risk being close to Hope or else it could get attached again?"

"Same thing with my siblings. So I've been ignored them all. Especially her."

Ella could tell Nik didn't want to talk about it and she expected that. Ella knew Klaus would tell her when he felt ready.

"Wait! How are my cuts healed?" Ella asked looking down at her arms again.

"Vampire blood can heal humans. But if a human died with vampire blood in their system. They wake up in translation. So be careful, alright?" Klaus teased and made Ella laugh. "I'll be extra careful."

The doppelgänger saw Klaus lean back on the couch and she followed his movement. Placing her head on his chest.

The couple stays there in each other's arms in pure silence.

Ella was still processing all the information and events from the day before. A part of her was freaking out inside but Ella trusted Nik. She knew he wouldn't hurt her. And that feeling..scared her. Especially since she's never fully trusted anyone this closely before. Ella realized that she was slowly falling in love with Nik and that scared her.

Both are from literally opposite worlds and given her track record. Ella was afraid he'd wake up one day and realize he could do so much better. Just like every person from her childhood.

On the other side, Klaus was relieved at how well she took the information. Although a part of him still waiting for her to freak out and run.

"There's something else," Klaus said but immediately regretted the words when Ella looked at him. "What is it?"

He thought for a moment before shaking his head, "Nothing."

It wasn't time for Ella to know about the soulmate bond, Klaus didn't want to force her into anything. He didn't want to pressure her or rush her. Worst, Klaus didn't want Ella to feel like she had to be with him. He wanted Ella to want to be with him. Her choice. Not because of some soulmate bond.

So Klaus was going to give her all the time she needed because it wasn't like he was in a rush. Nik had forever so if Ella needed centuries. He would give her just that.

That and another tiny little detail. The fact that she looks exactly like his first love. If everything else didn't scare her away, Klaus knew that would.

Because what woman wants to be with a guy when she's a replica of his first love?

------

On the other side of town, Katherine was angry. Very angry that someone had taken her doppelgänger and vampires. She wasn't convinced that this doppelgänger wasn't exactly like Elena.

This doppelgänger probably had her own set of Salvatore brothers to save her every time. Jennifer was supposed to keep her updated and there was an hourly check-in. When Jennifer didn't check in, Katherine immediately knew something was wrong.

Lucky for her, Jennifer kept her really updated so she knew where Estella lived and worked. So that's exactly where she was walking to.

She looked around the area and saw Estella's apartment number. Katherine smirks thinking of ways to trick her way inside that apartment. because all she wanted was revenge and she wanted to make it painful. 

------

Author notes: hi everyone! I hope you like this chapter! Nothing exciting happened other than Klaus explaining most things to Estella.

Her reaction was mainly shock because I didn't want her to freak out like Elena. At least, not yet. But she will soon.

Katherine and Estella are meeting next chapter and I'm so excited to write that. Originally, it was going to happen during this chapter but I decided to focus on Estella and Katherine a little more. to add more drama. 

Anything you hope is going to happen? Feel free to drop ideas!

Don't forget to vote, comment, or follow me to be updated!

word count: 2498

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 1K 18
A foster child, Olivia, befriended Luka who moved to mystic falls with his father. He had told her he was a witch and about the whole supernatural go...
182K 5.6K 52
Bonnie needed both doppelgängers blood to try and undo the spell that made vampires but when it goes wrong Elena, Katherine, and Caroline get sent ba...
21.2K 249 28
For a thousand years, Keira has been the baby of the family. Centuries ago in what would later be the supernatural town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, t...
55.6K 916 42
Andrea Patveer and Klaus Mikaelson's futures are written a hundred years before she was born that swore that they would be mates. They are bound to m...