Kiss the Girl

By AngelDaelCruz

Kristina moves into New York with hopes that she can start over again, moving from city to city to escape fro... More

Chapter 1 "THE BAR"
Chapter 2 "Jessie"
Chapter 3 "Fragments"
Chapter 4 "Blue Eyes"
Chapter 5
Author's Note: 100 Reads :)
Chapter 6 "BREAKFAST"
Chapter 7 "RAIN CHECK"
Chapter 8 "THE SONG"
Chapter 9 "THE 22ND STREET"
Chapter 10 "CONFUSION"
Chapter 11 "SUDDENLY"
Chapter 12 "RED VELVET"
Chapter 13 "THE COMING OUT PARTY"
Chapter 14 "THE MIRROR, THE SIGN AND A HERO"
Chapter 15 "STAINED GLASS"
Chapter 16 "One Step Closer Part 1"
Chapter 17 "One Step Closer Part 2"
Chapter 18 "Sí"
Chapter 19 "Falling Slowly"
Chapter 20 "BURLESQUE"
Chapter 21 "I dropped my bagel"
Chapter 22 "Dreamscape"
Chapter 23 "MISTAKEN IDENTITY"
Chapter 24 "Think Of Me"
Chapter 25 " A Christmas Carol"
Chapter 26 "Doubt"
Chapter 27 "Christine, I love you"
Chapter 28 "Giving Up"
Chapter 29 "Stranger"
Chapter 30 "Opening Up Wounds"
Chapter 31 "A Girl Named Zita"
Chapter 32 "Be Brave"
Chapter 33 "Cut and Run"
Chapter 34 "Devil Take the Hindmost"
Chapter 36 "Wise Men Say..."
Chapter 37 "Break It To Me Gently"
Chapter 38 "The Wedding"
Author's Note
Author's note

Chapter 35 "My Salvation"

4.7K 230 10
By AngelDaelCruz

I was staring at the loose fibers on the backrest of the couch, I want to take a pinch out of it but I ended up crying instead. I don't know why but I did. So I covered myself under the soft white sheet of what used to be a bed cover.  It's been three days since I left and disappeared. I'm sure they are all looking for me. They must be worried sick, so I was told. I diverted everyone's calls to my voice message, though I never listened to them. I just want to stay here in this couch and sleep all day.

"Kristina, you haven't eaten. Will you please at least eat this porridge I made you?" pleaded Greg.

I unmasked myself as I looked back at him then quickly looked away going back to my head position, "I'm not hungry..."

He released a sigh as I heard him put the bowl of porridge on his coffee table then he sat at the foot of the couch. "You have to eat something... or else you'll die." Said Greg as if it would scare me.

"Good. At least I won't feel shitty anymore."

He placed his hand on my arm then I got a little jumpy, "Oops... Sorry. Does is still hurt?"

"No." I wasn't lying... It doesn't hurt. I just don't like anyone touching me right now. It makes me feel vulnerable.

"I wish you could have fight back so you could protect yourself. Sparing you from... THIS!" said Greg with his great gestures. I'm getting used to it now.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore..."

"Sorry..." Greg's voice soften but still with a hint of frustration. I guess it was because of me.

"It's not in my nature, you know." I muttered.

"What?"

"I said, it's not in my nature to fight back. I don't like hurting people..." I said tearing up again. This pillow and this bed sheet must be so pissed at me right now. If they could only talk maybe they would say 'Stop crying! We wanna feel dry once in a while'... Yeah you wish!

"Can you at least face me so I could see if your face looks okay?"

I nodded, so I slowly turned my whole body to face Greg. Though it was hard due to the fact that all the muscles in my body is aching. I looked at Greg and I just saw him smiling at me.

"There you are..." said Greg studying my face. "Okay... the bruises on your face are not that visible anymore, the scratches on your neck are also disappearing and... the hand bruise are still there on your arms. Does your head still hurt?"

I nodded pouting like a child. He then touched my hands and smiled at me.

"Okay, I want you to eat this porridge and drink your pain medications. Just like what the doctor ordered."

Right. When Greg saw my condition, he didn't hesitate to take me to the nearest hospital to get me checked out. He was afraid that I might have a concussion or something. Good thing the doctor said that I was gonna be okay, there were no blood cloths forming and I just need to put an icepack on it and drink some pain medications. He even asked Greg to observe me if I will vomit or will get a high fever. But apparently there were no signs of me dying... yet. Greg was very considerate. He helped bathe me, clothed me and he even bought me undies. He doesn't mind. But I really appreciated it.

Greg helped me get up so I could eat and later on take my medicine. After I finished eating and took my medicine, I lie down again facing the backrest of the couch. Suddenly, Jessie's face entered my mind. All the memories of her hurting me came back so I cried again until I fell asleep.

When I woke up it was already dark outside. I looked at the clock that was hanging on wall and it was passed eleven o'clock. I tried to sit up and wondered where Greg was.

"Greg?"

He came out of his bedroom dressed in a semi-formal attire.

"Yes?"

I narrowed my eye sight as a frown was forming on my face.

"Did you went out of your apartment? Did you just came home?"

"Yeah. I just had a meeting with the sponsors from the show. They gave me an unexpected decision about the scholarship program and..." he glared at me.

"And...?"

"And... you've been granted a full scholarship from Millikin University for a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Musical Theatre. It's in Illinois and they want you to come and join them as soon as possible."

"What??? B-but I never applied."

"Yeah... but I submitted one for you. Remember the song we sang on the rehearsal hall and a bunch of old people approached you after? Those were the sponsors that came from Millikin University. But... before you get mad—" He came closer with his famous hand gestures "—I want you to think about it. It's a tri semestral course and you won't have to worry about the expenses 'cause they are willing to pay for everything. This is a great opportunity for you, Kristina. I bet your mom will jump for joy if she knew about this."

I looked down as I rub my forehead. I really don't know what to say. It's all so sudden.

"Please tell me you'll think about it." Pleaded Greg.

I looked up and I gave him a bit of my smile as I nod.

"Great."

After that, Greg gave me another bowl of porridge so I could take my medicine. Surprisingly, I fell asleep again. Then, after days of nothingness I finally had a dream. It felt heavenly at first.

I dreamt I was walking on a train railway. I was wearing a sweatshirt covered by a large green coat, I was wearing a skinny jeans and my old low cut brown hiking boots. I was also carrying my old high school bag. My hair was just flowing with the wind. I could tell that the railway wasn't used in years due to the rust and grasses growing near it. I just followed its trail eager to see where it leads to. Suddenly I was in a beautifully dimmed room with large mirrored walls. It was in a dance studio. I was sitting on the middle of it, when suddenly I felt someone reaching for my hand to pick me up. I reached out as well as I slowly looked up at this person but I couldn't make out a face. It was all a blur but in my heart I knew who this person was. I know I could trust this person. We were standing face to face, hands touching each other's chest tilting our head sideways as if we were studying our facial expressions. Suddenly this person trailed its soft staring eyes on my arm as my hand rested on his palm. I felt like I want to hug this person, so I did. I buried my face on his chest as his arm embraces me while his hand caressed my hair. I felt safe. I felt warm. Suddenly, this person breaks free of our loving embrace, disappearing in the darkness. I called out but no one answered. I called out again still no answer. Now, I feel lost. I need help... Please someone save me. Please!!!!

"Kristina! Kristina, wake up!"

I opened my eyes and sat up straight. I was breathing fast and I was crying. I looked at Greg and he looks so worried. He came closer and gave me a hug. That's where I bursted into tears. My sobs were deep and I can't control it.

"There, there..." said Greg patting my back.

"I was dreaming and... and suddenly it was dark and I was alone. I was scared..."

"Okay... okay... Come with me. I'll help you up."

Greg helped me stand up and suddenly I saw a bag full of stuff on top of his coffee table.

"What's that? Are we going somewhere?" I asked wiping off my tears.

He didn't answer, he just helped me put on an old dark green coat over my white loose t-shirt, I was wearing jeggings so that's not a problem and lastly he slipped on a pair of boots that was kinda big for me. He asked me again to sit down while he wipes a damped towel on my face, my arms, then he folded up my jegging to also wipe my legs gently and carefully. He tied up my hair but he loosens it a bit making a messy ponytail but he did it because of my swollen head.

"C'mon..." he assisted me out the door carrying the bag of stuff.

Is he kicking me out?

We got outside of his apartment and we wait for a cab to pass by. That's when I realized it was still night time. I glanced at Greg's watch to see what time it is. It's was almost 3am.

We were both quiet when finally he spotted a cab and waved for the driver to stop. Greg opened the cab's door as he assisted me again to get inside. He got in as well and sat beside me at the backseat.

"Where to, Sir?"

"Just turn when I ask you to."

"Okay...?"

I looked at Greg and he was serious. Have I done something wrong? Where is he taking me?

"Turn here, please."

The cab driver followed.

"Okay, now make a left turn on that street."

"Where are we going?" I couldn't take it. I needed to ask. But again he didn't answer.

"Okay, now turn here then go straight. We're almost there."

The cab driver followed. I was getting curious on where Greg is taking me. I looked outside the window to find clues but I couldn't make anything out of it. I was biting my lip the whole time. Good thing my busted lip healed fast.

"Kristina, do you trust me?"

I looked back at Greg and he was now smiling. I scrunched up my eyebrows because I couldn't understand what he was talking about. I mean, what kind of question is that?

"Yes?" I answered indecisively.

"Was that a question?" He glared outside and his smiled wider. "We're here. Stop the car." He reached for his pocket to pay the cab driver then he assisted me to get out of the car.

"Where are we?" I looked up at a tall building.

"Tss... You're looking at the wrong building. It's more like this way." He maneuvered my body to turn around. I narrowed my vision to this building on the other side of the street when I realized who was living in it. I gasp and looked at Greg with wide eyes.

"What are we doing here?"

"You said you trust me. So... here we are."

I frowned at him. There was a part of me that wanted to run away but then again I wasn't fully recovered so I had no choice but to go along with it even though I don't understand why Greg is doing this.

Good thing this building has an elevator so it's easy for people to go up and down. When we got to our destination we walked towards a door and I suddenly felt nervous.

Greg knocked.

"Greg, I wanna go back. I think this is a bad idea." My hands are getting cold.

"Kristina..." said Greg holding on to my hands. "When you knocked on my door and I saw your face, I felt awful. I knew I had to do something. So I tried to help... but no matter what I do I knew it wasn't good enough."

"Greg, what are you talking about? Of course, it was enough. You helped me a lot."

"You wouldn't eat not unless I force you, I've seen you cry yourself to sleep every now and then, and you get nightmares... I couldn't just sit there and watch you suffer like that. I realized, it wasn't me that you needed. My job was done."

"B-but..."

"Earlier, when you were dreaming... you were calling out AJ's name, Kristina."

I froze and was dumbfounded. "Wh-what?" tears are coming out from my eyes when suddenly the door opened and it brought out AJ wearing her pajamas and her hair messed up. She narrowed her eyes to me then she realized it was me.

"Kristina?" asked AJ in her soft husky voice. "Oh my God, what happened to you?"

"AJ..." I couldn't take it anymore. I hugged her and she hugged back. I stuffed my head on her chest as she caresses my hair.

Then I realized that the person I dreamt earlier was AJ. It meant that I needed to see her or else I will be lost forever. Greg knew that I needed AJ before I could even realize it... and he was right.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Hello! Here is another update. I couldn't stop writing. It's like I'm addicted to it! Anyway, hope you liked it! Btw, I got the inspiration to write this chapter on a music video. Yes, a music video. You can search for it on youtube, just type in Salvation by Gabrielle Aplin. Look for the official music video not the lyrical video. I promise it will pull something emotional out of you. Hihi! God bless! Ciao!

Love,

Ms. Lee. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 12.6K 36
(TeacherxStudent)"I wouldn't have kissed you if I didn't find you attractive." "But you said you only were with him because he begged you and if he...
43.2K 2.7K 27
Abby has seen Sam four times over the last four years, and three of those times ended with a kiss on the cheek. But now, Abby is finally going to go...
500K 15K 50
Emily has a major crush on the hot guy at school, Hunter, but she has no idea what to do to get his attention. After all, she's the girl no one reall...
108K 4.7K 51
After a tragic accident that nearly destroyed her family Christina find herself on the outside looking in. Nobody seems to notice or care that she is...