But I Like You! | Taegyu ✓

By Taehyunnie22

What happens when a new family settles down in the house next to the Kang's? Kang Taehyun, a cheery and a bri... More

●Hello, My Name Is...●
●Housewarming●
●Snow Fights & Christmas Mornings●
●First Day of School●
●New School●
●Colorful Chalks & Black Roads●
●Taehyun's Birthday●
●Taehyun's Birthday Party●
●Planning of the Movie Night●
●Movie Nights & Sleepovers!●
●A New Pet!●
●A Walk With Blue!●
●Rains & Algebra●
●Ouch!●
●Arcades & Realizations●
●Sneak In●
●Cuddles●
●Trauma & Comfort●
●Trauma & Comfort (Pt.2)●
●The Breaking Point●
●Lover●
●First Dates & First Kisses●
END-NOTE
⋆ BONUS ⋆

●Late Nights & Convenience Stores ●

401 28 50
By Taehyunnie22

Present

It was currently twelve thirty am on a random Friday night. Taehyun was sitting on his bed as he tried to comfort himself for finding out that he had feelings for the older.

Yes, it took an entire year. 

But, he did notice these unwanted feelings for the older, a long time ago, he just didn't wanted to confirm it. But the time has come now, he had no choice to accept them. 

But the main question was, did Beomgyu reciprocate them? 

Taehyun was getting the guts of anxiousness in the pit of his stomach, just by thinking about the rejection, the older would give him, if he ever confessed. 

Which is not going to happen any time soon.

Taehyun kicked his feet on the bed due to the frustration, ruffling his hair. The AC wasn't doing it's job well as Taehyun was still feeling so hot-headed, right now.

And also hungry.. 

'Fuck you, Choi Beomgyu, for making me feel this way.' Taehyun glared through his window at the house, next to him. 

As if someone read his mind, his phone buzzed, the notification of a new message came. Taehyun, confusedly, picked up his phone. Who was going to text him, this late at night? 

Oh, it's Beomgyu.. 

Taehyun didn't realize how whipped he was for the older until the glow on his face, gave it away. He had no idea about how he turns into a giggly mess whenever Beomgyu calls him or texts him.  

Wanna go to the convenience store? 

This late? 

Yes.

Why can't you go alone? 

Geez, do you want to come or not?  

Taehyun widened his eyes. There was absolutely no way that he was missing a chance to go out late at night, with Beomgyu.

Meet me outside in ten. 

Taehyun typed, getting out of the bed to walk towards his closet to find a warm wear. 

See you!!

Read, 12:39 am.  

✿✿

"God, where the fuck is he? It's cold." Taehyun rubbed his hands together as he waited outside his house, eyes roaming around to find Beomgyu, who soon came into his view, waving like an excited child. 

"What took you so long?" Taehyun asked. 

"Soobin hyung caught me. I had to explain, why I was going outside in the middle of the night." Beomgyu shrugged, checking the time. 

"Walk?" Taehyun suggested.

"Walk." Beomgyu repeated with a confirmed nod. 

The walk to the convenience store, which was fifteen minutes away, was surprisingly awkward, tonight. Taehyun doesn't know if he's the one, who's making it awkward or if it's Beomgyu, who doesn't want to talk. 

"Hyung?" Taehyun called out, grabbing the other's attention. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." Beomgyu replied with an awkward smile, hoping that the younger wouldn't see through him. 

But, who was he kidding? They have been friends for fourteen years, now. "You know right, that's not going to work on me, anymore?" Taehyun continued. "You can tell me. It's going to be fine." 

No, it's not going to be fine. Beomgyu was confused with his own feelings. Sure, he did confirm them years ago but now, he was slowly losing hopes with trusting the fact that he has a chance with Taehyun, which now, seems impossible. 

Does Taehyun even like him? Or the subtle touching and flirtings were just his delusion? God, someone give Beomgyu a break. 

"Listen," Beomgyu started, hesitant. "I have feelings for this one person.."

Taehyun's heart dropped. Beomgyu had feelings? For someone, who wasn't even him? Fuck, Kang Taehyun just missed a chance. 

"And I don't know if she likes me back. But we've been jokingly flirting for a long time, now." Beomgyu, cautioned, said, noticing the blank look on Taehyun's face. 

Taehyun was so deep into his thoughts that he could not register his hyung, waving his hands in front of his face. "Tyun? You there?"

Taehyun flinched back to his trance, cheeks flushing when he saw Beomgyu's face, close to him, eyes full of concern. "Nothing. We were talking about the girl, right?" Though it left a bitter taste on his mouth.

"Why don't you give it a try?" Taehyun, dumbly, suggested.

Beomgyu sighed, already in front of the convenience store as he pushed open, the transparent door. "It's not easy as it seems, Tyun."

Taehyun nodded, sullen. "I know. But, you can do it. Even if you get rejected, it's not going to be the end of the world. Plus, if someone rejected you, that would be impossible." Taehyun continued as he went over the ramen section, with a trailing Beomgyu behind his back. "You're literally the most funniest, handsome, kindest-" He was cut off when he saw the smug smile on Beomgyu's face. 

"And the most annoying person, I have ever met." Taehyun finished with a sweet smile, completely, prior to what he had just said. 

Beomgyu's smile dropped. "Brat."

Beomgyu shook his head with a smile, also grabbing a cup noodle before running behind Taehyun to the counter. 

After they paid, they walked over to the seating area in the store, the chairs, facing the huge window. "So are you going to confess or not?" Yes, Kang Taehyun is dumb in the language of love. 

Beomgyu shrugged, blowing over his hot ramen to cool it off. "I guess." 

Taehyun nodded with a sullen expression, eyes on the noodles now. "Good luck.." 

They both ate in silence for at least the duration for ten minutes. They were now on the verge of finishing their ramen when Beomgyu suddenly spoke him. "Tyun?" 

"Mmh?" Taehyun replied, face completely covered by the ramen box as he tried to drink the remaining spicy broth. 

"I like you." 

✿✿

Taehyun's entire world stopped. Wait, did he mistaken that? Did he needed to get his ears cleaned? What the fuck? Why? 

Just like that, thousands of questions, invaded his mind. He was about to brush it off as a mistaken hearing but took back his suggestion after he looked at the panicked expression of his best friend. 

'I wasn't hearing things?' Taehyun thought with disbelief. 

"Uh, what?" That's the only thing he could say right now because, 

WHAT THE FUCK?!

✿✿

Beomgyu didn't realize how but those words just slipped from his mouth. Maybe because Taehyun looked so fucking angelic, even while doing the most normal thing? 

Great job, Choi Beomgyu. You just ruined a friendship. And now, Taehyun thinks that you are some sort of creep and would probably reject you out of embarrassment. 

Because, who the fuck likes their best friend, romantically? 

Great job, Choi Beomgyu. 

The now-raven haired was panicking after seeing the disbelief on Taehyun's face. 'Quick! Beomgyu, think of something!' 

And he did the most dumbest thing. 

"This is how I'm going to ask Yuri out." Beomgyu replied, trying his best not to stutter. 

A few seconds later, Beomgyu, most certainly, did not miss onto the sadness on Taehyun's face.

"Oh." 

It was Taehyun's fault that he believed that the older had some sort of romantic feelings for him. 

'Great job, Kang Taehyun.' Taehyun thought. 

'Great fucking job, Choi Beomgyu.' Beomgyu winced, he might need a good drink for this. 

"But," Taehyun mustered up his thoughts and asked. "Didn't you rejected her?" 

Oh fuck, Beomgyu didn't think of that. 

Beomgyu awkwardly laughed. "Uh yea, but I r-realized that I might be in l-love with her." 

"You were in d-denial, all this time?" Taehyun's heart was screaming at him to stop. Screaming at him to stop getting his heart broken on purpose. 

"I guess.."

✿✿

Quite not satisfied with this chapter lol. It's currently three-forty-eight am right now and I just got this idea while studying for my Physics internal so I decided to write it down before I forget but anyways, I hope you liked this chapter<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 80 11
A story about two people who accidentally took things too far until they have to face the unexpected consequences on themselves. Basically, a story a...
165K 9.7K 71
Choi Beomgyu x Kang Taehyun They say all good boys go to Heaven, but bad boys bring Heaven to you. Aka your typical story where the intimidating, mis...
27.3K 1.5K 50
Six years ago, the unthinkable happened, as Taehyun sat next to his girlfriend's deathbed, coming face to face with his future responsibility. The r...
162K 5.9K 54
❝You still like me, don't you?❞ ❝Ew no, please shut up.❞ As the saying goes "First love never dies". But do they bel...