The Sixth Doll~ Pretty Little...

By Isabel_Rivers

Isabel Rivers never really had a safe place to land. That was before she met queen bee Alison DiLaurentis. Sh... More

Book 1- Pretty Little Secrets
Pilot
The Jenna Thing
To Kill a Mocking Girl
Can You Hear Me Now?
Reality Bites Me
There's No Place Like Homecoming
The Homecoming Hangover
Please Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone
The Perfect Storm
Keep Your Friends Close
Moments Later
Salt Meets Wound
Know Your Frenemies
Careful What U Wish 4
If at First You Don't Succeed, Lie, Lie Again
Je Suis Une Amie
The New Normal
The Badass Seed
A Person Of Interest
Someone to Watch Over Me
Monsters in the End
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Book 2- Pretty Little Dead
It's Alive
The Goodbye Look
My Name is Trouble
Blind Dates
The Devil You Know
Never Letting Go
Surface Tension
Save the Date
Picture This
Touched By An A-ngel
A/n
I Must Confess
Over My Dead Body
The First Secret
Through Many Dangers, Toils, and Snares
A Hot Piece of 'A'
Let the Water Hold Me Down
The Blond Leading the Blind
A Kiss Before Lying
The Naked Truth
Breaking the Code
Father Knows Best
Eye of the Beholder
If These Dolls Could Talk
UnmAsked
Book 3 -Pretty Little Crazy
It Happened That Night
Blood is the New Black
Kingdom of the Blind
Birds of a Feather
That Girl is Poison
The Remains of the 'A'
CrAzy
Stolen Kisses
The Kahn Game
What Lies Beneath
Single Fright Female
The Lady Killer
This is a Dark Ride
She's Better Now
Mona- Mania
Misery Loves Company
Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Inferno
Dead to Me
What Becomes of the Broken- Hearted
Hot Water
A/n
Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Will The Circle be Unbroken?
I'm Your Puppet
A DAngerous Game
Book 4 -Pretty Little Alive
A is for A-l-i-v-e
Turn of the Shoe
Cat's Cradle/ Face Time
Gamma Zeta Die!
Under the Gun
Crash and Burn, Girl
The Guilty Girl's Handbook
Into the Deep
The Mirror Has Three Faces
Bring Down the Hoe
Now You See Me, Now You Don't
Grave New World
Who's in the Box?
Love ShAck, Baby
Close Encounters
Bite Your Tongue
Hot For Teacher
Shadow Play
Free Fall
She's Come Undone
Cover for Me
A/n:
Unbridled
'A' is For Answers
Book 5- Pretty Little Mess
EscApe From New York
Whirly Girly
Surfing the Aftershocks
Thrown From the Ride
Miss Me x 100
Run, Ali, Run
The Silence of E. Lamb

Ctrl: 'A'

405 6 0
By Isabel_Rivers

"There are million files on here. It's like looking inside of his brain." -Hanna Marin

The five girls waited for Emily outside the pool room. Apparently, Mona had gotten her back on the team, and she had just won a race. Hanna was off sitting with Caleb (Isabel should start teasing her for that).

"Where are they?" Spencer scoffed, crossing her arms.

"How come you can come? Doesn't your mom have you on lockdown or something?" Isabel frowned at Aria.

"I told my mom we'd be studying at the library so that's covered," Aria shrugged. "You sure you wanna do this tonight?"

"Yeah, are you kidding?" Spencer huffed, staring at her. "We have to find out what this guy knows about Ali."

"And why his number was in Ali's- Vivian's coat," Isabel added.

"And we finally got this meeting set, so it's gotta be tonight," Spencer agreed, and turned to Aria. "Look, we're gonna have your back the whole time."

"I know," Aria muttered. There was a pause, but she spoke up again. "It's been a whole week. My mom just wants to know why you're not going home."

"I just- I can't deal with my family right now," Spencer sighed.

"Which one?" Isabel mumbled so only Spencer could hear her.

"Isabel," Spencer warned.

"Can I help?" Isabel asked, trying to redeem herself.

"Talk to Jason for me?" Spencer begged.

"I'm not complaining, but you should talk to him yourself," Isabel said quietly. Suddenly, the swim team burst out the doors, and everyone cheered. Isabel, Aria, and Spencer walked over to Emily, who was beaming and holding a trophy.

"Way to go, champ!" Spencer grinned.

"Em, my mom said that we could have the team party at my house," Hanna said, and Emily smiled.

"That's great!" She replied.

Suddenly, Garrett walked into the school with a couple other officers. Isabel frowned and followed him.

"Caleb Rivers?" He called, and Isabel's eyes widened in panic. He stepped in front of Caleb, holding a piece of paper. "I got a court order here to impound your laptop."

"What for?" Caleb frowned.

"Someone's been hacking into secure school files," Garrett explained, and Isabel knew what he was talking about. 'A'. "I traced them back to your IP address."

"You think if I did something like that I'd be stupid enough to leave a trail?" Caleb scoffed.

"We'll find out. Come on. Hand it over," Garrett said, and Caleb gave him his laptop. "Any passwords we're gonna need?"

"Court order says you can take the machine," Caleb shrugged, getting up and crossing his arms. "It doesn't say anything about what's in my head."

Garrett gave him one last seething look and turned around. He saw Isabel there and sighed. "Sorry it had to come to this for your brother, Isabel." He walked off.

"What was that about?" Hanna demanded.

"Don't worry about it," Caleb sighed.

"'Don't worry about it?'" Isabel scoffed, putting her hands on her hips. "He took your computer."

"They couldn't get into it with a can opener," Caleb promised them.

Isabel and Hanna just walked over to the girls, quite pissed. Isabel knew this would happen.

"What just happened?" Spencer frowned as they came to a stop, looking upset.

"Garret took Caleb's computer. Court order," Isabel huffed. Suddenly, her phone beeped, and she checked it.

'Now it's Caleb's turn. -A'

-

Later, Isabel, Spencer, Emily, and Hanna all sat in a booth, waiting for the guy from the pocket phone number to show up. Aria sat in the booth next to them, as she was the one meeting him.

"So, you're a friend of Vivian's," some guy said, walking up to Aria.

"Yeah," Aria nodded, and he sat down.

"How much money does she owe you?" he scoffed bitterly.

"Vivian owes you money?" Aria frowned.

"She owes me a lot more than money," he huffed. "She owes me a job and she almost owes me a girlfriend thanks to you calling that number, he added, but he seemed only a bit annoyed with her. Isabel watched him closely as Emily handed Hanna and Spencer a pocket mirror so that they could see him.

"You said that she cost you a job," Aria repeated. "What did she do?"

"I worked at Allegheny Cellular," he explained. "Human resources. Your friend came in asking for a job, but she didn't want a job, she wanted information, and she said she'd pay for it."

"What kind of information?" Aria asked.

"I get it. You're Alison," the guy nodded. What? How'd he know about Alison?

"Vivian told you... about Alison?" Aria frowned.

"She said she had a friend named Alison that was getting texts from somebody," the guy replied, looking at her curiously. "The number was blocked and she wanted to know where they were coming from. She'd pay to find out."

"Did you find out?" Aria pressed, and Isabel sure hoped he did.

"Yeah, I found out. Then I made the mistake of telling your pal before I had the money in my hand," he scowled. "She dropped off the map and I got fired for accessing restricted information."

"What did you find out about the person that was sending those texts?" Aria asked.

"Are you listening? I did not get paid," the guy snapped. "I want what she owes me."

"How much does she owe you?" Aria asked, pulling out her wallet.

"$2,000," he replied.

"$2,000 dollars?" Aria scoffed, and Isabel swore under her breath.

"That's the price today," the guy nodded. "But it could go up depending on market conditions." He paused. "Don't ever use that number again. If you wanna do business, call me here." He wrote down a phone number on a piece of paper and got up.

"Oh, who do I ask for when I call?" Aria asked before he left.

"Tell 'em you wanna talk to Jonah," he said, and was gone.

-

Aria squeezed in next to Hanna after he left. "He thought I was Ali."

"That means he doesn't know she's dead," Isabel agreed. "And if he finds out there won't be enough money in the world to make him talk."

"If this Jonah had real information, Ali might've known who 'A' was," Emily added as Isabel tried to think of a way to pay him. "And that's why she was killed."

"We have to find out what he told her about those messages," Aria nodded.

"What are we supposed to do?" Hanna scoffed. "Throw a bikini car wash? Even if we talked Prudence Finn into a tube top, we wouldn't raise enough money." The girls were silent for a second as Spencer sat in thought.

"Spencer?" Aria finally sighed.

"My account's been on lock down since we were arrested," Spencer shrugged.

"So where are we gonna get the money from?" Emily frowned, and Isabel knew exactly who Spencer was gonna ask.

-

Later, Isabel texted Caleb at Hanna's. She and her mother were throwing the swim team a victory party, and Isabel was 'helping'.

'Caleb, what the hell are you gonna do about your laptop?' -Isabel

'Don't worry, I have a last-minute plan.' -Caleb

'Knowing you, it's probably stupid, and not well thought through.' -Isabel

'Well, that's what makes it a last-minute plan.' -Caleb

Isabel sighed as she put away her phone and walked up to Hanna and her mother.

"But Caleb's got a family now," Ms. Marin was saying. Hanna frosted another cookie and looked at Isabel for help. "If he needs legal help-"

"With all due respect, Ms. Marin, they're my family, too, and I would never ask them for help. They're not so much our family as a foster family," Isabel replied politely."Plus, he doesn't want them to know."

"He's barely talking to me about it," Hanna agreed, but then Ms. Marin's phone rang, and she walked off to answer it

"Han, he'll talk to you," Isabel promised, and Hanna just nodded warily.

"We've been called down to the station," Ms. Marin said, walking in. "Not, you, Isabel, just Hanna and me."

"What?" Hanna gulped, exchanging a nervous look with Isabel.

"I can finish those cookies while you're gone, Ms. Marin," Isabel offered as Hanna walked over to her mother.

"That would be great," Ms. Marin nodded, and she put her coat on. "Thank you, hon."

Hanna arrived back at her house, and not only was Isabel waiting for her, but so were Spencer and Emily.

"What happened?" Isabel asked, putting down the icing and rushing over.

"Wilden's back," Hanna huffed. "He still thinks we had something to do with Ali's murder. There's a photo of the three of us outside the coroner's office looking for page five."

"'A' was following us?" Emily gulped.

"No. Security cameras," Hanna replied. "There's an investigation going on; he said the copies of that page are missing."

"Copies? As in every copy?" Isabel frowned, tilting her head to the side.

"If the cops don't have it then it had to have been an inside job," Spencer realized, and Isabel grit her teeth.

"Garrett," she spat.

"Officer Two-Face is gonna open that laptop," Hanna panicked. "I mean, what if Caleb goes to jail? It's gonna be all my fault."

"It's not gonna happen," Isabel promised her, putting an arm around her slumping shoulders.

"What're you doing?" Emily frowned, and Isabel looked over at Spencer. She was pulling out her coat, about to put it on.

"Jonah knows something that could help us figure out what really happened to Alison," She explained, actually putting it on. "Wilden is just gonna keep on coming after us. So we need to find out who killed Alison so we can prove it wasn't us."

"Okay, unless you found $2,000 while I was out-" Hanna began, but Spencer went to the door. "Where are you going?"

Isabel smiled forlornly at Spencer, and answered for her. "Home."

-

Isabel was listening to music at her motel room, trying to calm her nerves about Caleb. Suddenly, her phone beeped.

'SOS' -Hanna

When Isabel got to Hanna's, she was pacing the room, and Spencer had her head in her hands.

"What's going on?" Isabel gulped.

"Caleb went to the police station, and now we gotta hack into his computer with no knowledge of hacking whatsoever!" Hanna snapped, and Isabel stared at her. "Sorry, I'm just frustrated."

"Well, do you know his password?" She asked, sitting down next to Spencer.

"That's what we're trying to figure out," Spencer replied. "Think, Hanna."

"Okay, it's the first initials of every city he's ever lived in," Hanna remembered. "Seattle, Wilmette, Salt Lake, Denver, Allentown, Rosewood."

"In that order?" Spencer frowned, writing them down.

"Yes. Oh, and he alternates capital and lower case letters," Hanna added.

"Wow this is almost as complicated as my password," Isabel muttered as Spencer fixed the password. "Any punctuation?"

"Yes! An exclamation point..." Hanna exclamined, still pacing. "... after the last four numbers."

"Last four numbers?" Spencer said incredulously. "There are four more numbers?"

"Okay, what are they?" Isabel asked calmly, looking back at Hanna.

-

"What else could it be?" Spencer groaned as Hanna tried to remember.

"I don't know!" She snapped.

"We only have one more try until we're locked out of the system," Isabel pointed out.

"Just think, Hanna!" Spencer added.

"I am thinking!" Hanna yelled. "This is me thinking! And molting!" She added as she pulled at her hair.

"You said, 1, 1, something, 5," Spencer repeated. "1, 1, something, 5. 1, 1, something-"

"That is not helping!" Hanna huffed.

"Is it a- a code? Is it a date?" Isabel asked, trying to refresh her memory. It worked for her all the time. "Or part of a phone number? Is it a birthday? Is it an anniversary? Or-"

Hanna stopped pacing and stared at Isabel. She ran over to the laptop and typed in, '422SwSLDaR1105!' She gasped when it worked.

"Oh, my God! We're in!" Hanna grinned, turing to them. "We did it!"

"Hanna!?" Isabel exclaimed.

"Yes?" Hanna asked.

"What do we do now?"

-

They were searching Caleb's files, looking for the cursed one.

"There are million files on here," Hanna complained, scrolling through them. "It's like looking inside of his brain."

"Which one is it?" Isabel frowned.

"It's gotta be 'Hefty,'" Hanna scoffed, opening the file. "That bitch." She clicked on it, and a thousand different numbers, information, and records appeared.

"This is it," Isabel realized. "Social Security numbers, credit card information. Student records."

"Isabel, how much is on here?" Hanna gulped, turning to her.

"Somebody who really wants Caleb out of their way," she replied darkly.

-

Hanna went in and individually deleted each file, but it was taking forever.

"We're taking too long, Hanna. Just Control, 'A'," Spencer sighed.

"I'm going as fast as I can!" Hanna snapped, her fingers flying across the keyboard.

"It's not fast enough, Hanna! Just Control, 'A'," Spencer yelled. "Control, A!"

"What the hell do you think I'm trying to do?" Hanna retorted, still clicking too slowly.

"No, hit Control, A on the keyboard!" Isabel shouted, pointing to ctrl: 'A' on the keyboard. Hanna punched the button, and successfully deleted all the files.

-

Isabel went to Spencer's house to let Hanna go talk to Caleb.

"You were literally yelling at her," Isabel laughed, sipping some water.

"So were you!" Spencer pointed out, and Isabel shrugged.

"It's my brother, Spence," she replied. At the word 'brother', Spencer hesitated. "Speaking of which, you need to talk to your brother, and I'm not doing it for you."

"I did, Isabel," Spencer muttered.

"Then why do you look hesitant about it?" Isabel scoffed. Then she realized something. "Oh, you haven't asked Jason for the money yet."

"Money? How'd you know?" Spencer frowned as Isabel sat down on her couch.

"He told me before he told you," she shrugged, and Spencer gave her the 'Really?' look. "What? We're best friends, we tell each other everything."

"Who happen to be dating," Spencer added.

"Yeah, and?" Isabel replied. "To speak your language, best friends who get married are 77% less likely to get a divorce than other people."

"Fair point," Spencer nodded. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, and Isabel got up to answer it. Hanna had told her that Caleb was coming over, so she supposed it was him.

"Probably Caleb," Isabel sighed. "Thanks for helping us with that."

"Well, I mean, you'd do it for me," Spencer smiled.

When Isabel opened the door, she was face-to-face with Jason. Huh, he seemed to be everywhere.

Suddenly, her phone rang. That was Caleb.

"I'll be back," she said, staring at her phone. "Hey, babe," she added, smiling at Jason.

"Hey," he replied, and she kissed him before walking off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 650 30
Katherine Maybell has lived a life of lying, bullying, and keeping secrets. What happens when Alison is found dead and those secrets start to come to...
922K 16.3K 27
Four girls whose clique falls apart after the disappearance of their queen bee, Alison DiLaurentis. One year later, they begin receiving messages fro...
38.5K 532 36
There are moments in life that alter the very essence of a person's soul. For the DiLaurentis-Fields family, one moment changes everything. One momen...
21.1K 415 31
What if there was a sixth girl of Alison DiLaurentis' group? What if that girl was possibly Alison's true friend, Ali's best friend? Her name is Oliv...