Kiss the Girl

By AngelDaelCruz

Kristina moves into New York with hopes that she can start over again, moving from city to city to escape fro... More

Chapter 1 "THE BAR"
Chapter 2 "Jessie"
Chapter 3 "Fragments"
Chapter 4 "Blue Eyes"
Chapter 5
Author's Note: 100 Reads :)
Chapter 6 "BREAKFAST"
Chapter 7 "RAIN CHECK"
Chapter 8 "THE SONG"
Chapter 9 "THE 22ND STREET"
Chapter 10 "CONFUSION"
Chapter 11 "SUDDENLY"
Chapter 12 "RED VELVET"
Chapter 13 "THE COMING OUT PARTY"
Chapter 14 "THE MIRROR, THE SIGN AND A HERO"
Chapter 15 "STAINED GLASS"
Chapter 16 "One Step Closer Part 1"
Chapter 17 "One Step Closer Part 2"
Chapter 18 "Sรญ"
Chapter 19 "Falling Slowly"
Chapter 20 "BURLESQUE"
Chapter 21 "I dropped my bagel"
Chapter 22 "Dreamscape"
Chapter 23 "MISTAKEN IDENTITY"
Chapter 24 "Think Of Me"
Chapter 25 " A Christmas Carol"
Chapter 26 "Doubt"
Chapter 27 "Christine, I love you"
Chapter 28 "Giving Up"
Chapter 29 "Stranger"
Chapter 30 "Opening Up Wounds"
Chapter 31 "A Girl Named Zita"
Chapter 33 "Cut and Run"
Chapter 34 "Devil Take the Hindmost"
Chapter 35 "My Salvation"
Chapter 36 "Wise Men Say..."
Chapter 37 "Break It To Me Gently"
Chapter 38 "The Wedding"
Author's Note
Author's note

Chapter 32 "Be Brave"

4.8K 203 17
By AngelDaelCruz

(AJ's POV)

That night, I took Kristina to my apartment and I made sure that no one had seen her with me. She looks uneasy. Joaquin kept on calling her phone but she refused to answer it so I approached her and snatched it away from her.

"Don't look at this phone again. I will give it to you later." I said as I put her phone inside my pocket.

"What are you planning to do?" she asked nervously.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. Kristina's eyes widen as she rose up from her seat making the chair fall. She placed her hands on her chest as if she was having a heart attack. Her eyes are bolted on the door.

"Relax..." I said while raising my hand to assure she's not in danger, "Its Miller. He's a friend of mine and he will help us with capturing that psychotic freak."

I opened the door as Miller came in.

I glared at Kristina and saw her released a sigh of relief. "Kristina, this is Miller. He's a detective."

Miller approached Kristina for a hand shake.

"Don't worry, ma'am. I always get the job done. I won't rest until we catch this man." Said Miller taking off his coat and handing it to me. "Actually, we've been tracking Joaquin dela Vega for quite some time now. He has a warrant of arrest for human trafficking and drug smuggling. Good thing, AJ here called and we finally got a lead."

"He's doing it again?" asked Kristina in disbelief. "B-but how are we gonna catch him?"

Miller looked at me giving me the signal to tell Kristina the plan.

I came closer to her and placed my hands on her shoulders. I looked at her eye to eye, "Kristina, you need to meet up with him."

"What?" she gasped and took a step back. "No, I can't..."

I released a deep sigh and took a step forward but Kristina took another step backwards. "Listen to me... This waking nightmare will never end if we don't catch this man. You can't run away forever. He will always find you. Can't you see what damaged he has done? Not just to you but with someone else. Another girl out there is being abused and molested because of him! We need to prevent that from happening again or at least stop it..."

"Ma'am, I promise you no harm will come to you. We need you as bait to lure him out from hiding." Said Miller making a stand point.

Kristina looked down and was shaking from the proposal we made. She brushed her hair using her hands while she started to walk back and forth to think.

"You need to decide as soon as possible." I said as my eyes followed her.

She stopped and turned her back against us. She looks up as she took deep breaths.

"What's the plan?" she suddenly asked.

I looked at Miller giving him a smirk of approval. He nodded and placed an envelope on my dining table. I called out Kristina so we could all sit down as Miller tells us the plan. He took out surveillance pictures of Joaquin out of the envelope together with other people he's been with. Indeed he is in New York. There's no doubt that he spotted Kristina somewhere. I glanced over at Kristina and I can't guess what she was thinking, her face was staring blankly on one of Joaquin's pictures. It must be horrifying to see the face of a man who destroyed your life. I shook my head and listened again to Miller's plan.

Later on, our meeting adjourned and everyone was on board.

"Young lady, I need you to go home and get some rest. Don't worry, I will send someone to follow and guard you. If anything happens, we'll be there." Said Miller putting on his coat as he closes the door leaving me and Kristina.

Once again, I found Kristina still sitting on my dining chair crying out her sorrows. I walked towards her and knelt beside her as I held her cold soft hands. She looked at me drenched with her own tears. Her eyelids were becoming puffy.

"I'm scared, AJ. I'm s-so scared." Said Kristina sobbing.

I gave her a comforting smile as I wiped her tears using my thumb. "No more crying, Isabella. I'm here." To be honest, I hate seeing her cry, it cuts through my heart making me lash out to whoever made her feel this way.

She smiled back and gave a small laugh. I think she liked it when I called her Isabella.

"Can I have some water, please?"

I nodded. I stood up getting her a cold glass of water.

"Drink it all up." I said handing it to her.

She was very thirsty... I think it was from crying all day.

"You look exhausted. Let's take you home, okay?"

"Okay..." again a bit of a worried look was painted on her face.

I drove Kristina to her apartment but before she could get out of the car I gave her back her mobile phone. She quickly browse through it and she showed me that Joaquin has called her twenty times in the past hour. I frowned and quickly brushed it off. That name makes me so angry.

"Good night." She said as she gets out of the car. I just smiled then she went on her way. I got a text from Miller saying that he got Kristina's building secured and he has someone watching over her. Thank God. I took one last look at the building then I started my car's engine. Suddenly, I saw an old yellow Cadillac driving slowly looking at Kristina's apartment building. The man driving the car looks menacing. I gave him a glare and he just grinned at me.

****

(Kristina's POV)

I was staring at myself on the mirror as I recall all the things that happened to me in the past. I was so stupid. How could I have left my family for Joaquin? That a**hole! He made me believe that he loved me... He destroyed me.

I F*CKING HATE YOU!!!!

"Kristina?"

 Someone knocked on the door of the bathroom.

"Are you okay? Why are you screaming?"

Sh*t did I said that out loud? I quickly untied my hair then I brushed it and put on a light make up. Then I opened up the door and Madison was just standing there at the doorway, head tilted sideways with arms crossed on her chest. She was looking at me with a confused face.

I glared at her, "Don't look at me like that." I said as I walked pass her bumping onto her shoulder.

"Where are you going? Do you have a date or something? You're looking great today..." said Madison following me out of the café. She stopped when she saw me approaching AJ who was waiting for me by the car.

"What's going on here?" Madison asked. "Are you two dating?"

I quickly looked at AJ and she just smirked at Madison giving her a wink. I turned my head to Madison and said, "She's teasing."

I frowned back at AJ and she just shrugged her shoulders. She opened the car's door for me then I got in.

While we were driving I noticed on the rear view mirror a black Mercedes following us, I looked back just to make sure. And it was...

"Relax... It's Miller." Said AJ assuring me.

I rested my head on the backrest of the seat as I released a sigh of relief.

"Who else is following us?" I suddenly asked.

"The police."

I looked at AJ and she was very serious. She can really maintain posture in these kinds of situation and she's very relaxed. Is it because she's British?

We stopped two blocks away from a restaurant. I unbuckled my seatbelt as I try to relax myself.

Breathe in...

Breathe out...

Breathe in...

Breathe out...

"You can do this." Said AJ holding my hand and squeezing it tightly.

Detective Miller has been observing Joaquin for the past two days now. Last night he gave me the go signal to answer Joaquin's call and to meet up with him on a restaurant that was filled with undercover police officers. Joaquin agreed but I hoped he didn't suspect anything.

My dress is wired up to small microphone. My bag also has a small video camera implanted inside.

"I'll be parking my car on the other side of the street in front of the restaurant. You're going to be okay. Just stick with the plan."

I gave AJ a hug as I opened up the car's door and walked towards my fate. My heart beats faster and faster as I draw near the restaurant.

Act natural. Stick with the plan. You can do this.

Be brave...

I stopped at the door of the restaurant and a man wearing a formal attire approached me.

"Good afternoon, Miss. Do you have a reservation?" asked the man.

"Amm... Y-yes." I answered nervously. My hands are shaking again. I scolded myself as I try to relax.

Suddenly, the man muttered something. It was hardly a whisper and I can hear him say, "He's here..."

I narrowed my vision to assess what he meant by that. He suddenly smiled and said, "Let me escort you to your table, Miss."

He opened the door and he escorted me inside of the room where I immediately saw Joaquin already sitting at our designated table close to the window of the restaurant. I can feel my heart is beating fast like it wants to escape from my chest.

"There's your seat, Miss. Go ahead. Please take care." Said the man gesturing his hand for me to walk towards Joaquin.

I glared at Joaquin and instantly, dark painful memories flashed before my eyes.

"Where the f*ck is my beer?"

"Do you want me to kill you?"

"You can never escape me!"

"Joaquin, I'll go anywhere with you... I love you... I love you... I love you..."

"Zita..."

I snapped out of my thinking and I saw Joaquin in front of me. He was so close to my face like he was going to reach in for a kiss. I blink twice and looked away.

"Don't call me by that name." I said sounding a bit monotonous.

He nodded and smiled at me, "Right. They call you Kristina. Okay... Let's sit down."

Joaquin rearranged our seat making the chairs touch one another facing the window. When I sat down, I immediately saw AJ's car parked on the other side of the street just like she said. It made me feel safe. I placed my bag on top of the table making the small camera face me and Joaquin.

"So... how are you doing? I missed you." Said Joaquin leaning his face towards my side and kissed my neck.

I held my breath and grab hold of my knees tight turning my nails white. I have to pretend I want him back. That's the plan. I have to make sure he would say the key word. I suddenly turned my head to face him and gave him a sultry kiss. He moaned softly.

"You still got it." Said Joaquin smiling while scratching his head in amazement. "After all these years."

"Ye-yeah... I thought I could forget you. But your memory keeps coming back to me." Yes lie Kristina... make him believe it! "Honestly, Joaquin, I still love you. I c-can't stop thinking about you. That's why I wanna meet you and finally end this pain I'm going through. I'll go anywhere with you and this time I am not running away. Just be with me again..." I said leaning to his face giving him another kiss.

"Good... Good... What about the dyke? I know you're fucking a girl. What's her name again? Jamie?? Jane? Gigi...?"

"It's Jessie."

"Right. Jessie. What about her? You want me to dispatch her?"

"N-no." I smirked frowning at him... "I don't need her. She's not you. You're bigger... if you know what I mean..."

"Don't worry, baby... you'll get more of that soon."

I nodded as I look at AJ's car. Can she hear me right now? Is my mic somehow wired to her?

We signaled the waiter so we could order.

Later on, our food arrived and we started eating. Joaquin was very aggressive on touching me. I can only hope and pray that this will be over soon. He's not suspecting anything.

"After this, let's go to your apartment so we could collect your things. You're coming with me." He said giving me a peck on my cheek.

I simply smiled and gritted my teeth. "Where are we going?" I asked in curiosity.

"I'm bringing you to Mr. Callahan. He's waiting for you at a hotel in Manhattan. After I spoke with you last night, I immediately called him up. He's been asking for you a lot." Said Joaquin casually while taking a bite of his food.

I froze right then and there. Callahan... that man... I shook my head to get him out of my mind.

"R-right. What will I get in return?" I asked casually.

He then looked at me as if I didn't already know what I was going to get. "Baby... come on... You know what you will get."

"What?" I asked as I raised my eyebrow.

"Money. Dinero, mi amor and of course... he's hooking me up with some drug business. We're gonna be rich! You don't have to f*ck around anymore."

I turned my hand into a fist as my jawbone stiffen. You sadistic maniac! I hope you rot in hell, BASTARDO!

He was reaching in for another kiss when suddenly...

"You're under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand?" said the man who escorted me to my table earlier. He cuffed Joaquin making him stand up.

He was an undercover policeman.

"You set this up!!! SHE F*CKING SET THIS UP!!" Shouted Joaquin at me. "YOU'RE A B*TCH! AND YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ONE!!! YOU F*CKING HEAR ME??? YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE YOUR PAST!! YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE ME!! YOU WILL NEVER BE FREE!!! I SWEAR I WILL GET YOU FOR THIS!!"

The man together with another undercover police officer carried Joaquin out of the restaurant.

Everybody from inside the room was looking at the scene. They were all looking at me. I looked down as tears flooded my eyes. Now I can't stop trembling.

"Kristina..." said a familiar voice. It was comforting. "It's over... You're okay."

I looked up and saw AJ smiling at me.

"AJ..." I stood up and hugged her bawling my eyes out.

"Let's get you out of here." Said AJ caressing my back. She immediately grabbed my bag and gave it to Detective Miller who was right behind her.

AJ covered my face using her jacket as she led me outside the restaurant. I saw a glimpse of Joaquin who was about to get inside a black Mercedes. He gazed upon us with his angry eyes then I looked away. I can sense a lot of people are forming in front of the restaurant. We reached AJ's car then opened the car's door. She assisted me to get inside then she closed it. Det. Miller approached her giving AJ a handshake. They were talking about something and I can see AJ just nodding seriously. I took off the small wiring that was connected to a small microphone under my clothing. I slide down the car's window and gave it to Miller. He took it right away then I slide up the window.

I rested the back of my head as I gave a sigh of relief. That's where I realized that it was really over. I was free. No more running. No more darkness. AJ saved me... I closed my eyes then an excess tear dropped to my cheek.

"Let's get out of here. I hate crowded places." Said AJ getting in the car giving me back my bag. "Miller already got the camera.

She started the engine then she drove as fast as she could.

I looked at AJ and I can't help but smile, not because I find her cute but because she went through all the trouble just to help me.

"AJ?"

"Hm?" said AJ not looking at me because her eyes are glued to the road.

"Thank you..."

She quickly looked at me then back to the road and smiled. "You're welcome... You won't be seeing him anymore."

I nodded and slowly turned my head out the car's window.

We got to my apartment building. I asked her if she wanted to go up but she declined. She said that she needs to take care of a few things. I said one last thank you as she smiles at me waving her hand goodbye. I watched her drove off until I could no longer see her car.

I went inside the building and climbed through a flight of stairs like I used to. But something felt off... I suddenly felt nervous like something bad is about to happen. Suddenly, it started to rain. My chest felt heavy and my breathing slowed down but went fast again. My heart was racing and I felt dizzy. I was getting closer to my apartment's door. I reached for the doorknob and it wasn't locked. I got more nervous when I opened the door wide and saw Jessie sitting on the couch waiting for me. A terrifying flash of lightning masked her face. Her eyes staring sharply at me ready to lash out. She was holding her phone when she rose up.

"Where have you been?" asked Jessie in a husky tone of voice.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Author's note:

I can feel it! Can you feel it?

Ms. Lee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 1.2K 32
| COMPLETED | ๐™Ž๐™š๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ž๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ฎ {๐™ต๐š’๐š—๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šœ๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š๐š˜๐š˜๐š ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š˜๐šž๐š ๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š”๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š๐š˜๐š› ๐š’๐š} As model and influencer...
32.1K 803 40
Y/n is a high school student, she is the basketball captain of their school and she is the popular girl in whole school mostly with girls because of...
104K 4.5K 81
She wanted to change and that's what she did. 17 year old Bailey Skeels has been one to follow rules and go by the book. But after getting accused f...
363K 8.7K 42
The plan for Veronica's junior year was simple: Go on a date, get a boyfriend, fall in love, live happily ever after. Unfortunately, that plan went...