The Secret Warrior (Edmund Pe...

By lushwriterlvr

Astrea is an orphan. Well, not really but she lost her parents a long time ago, when they first visited Narni... More

Background Stuff
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
A/N
Prince Caspian
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 25

19 0 0
By lushwriterlvr

~~

(There are lots of time jumps in this chapter and I know the timeline won't completely match up to the books, but for this story just pretend it does :) )

*4 months after the events in Prince Caspian*

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Astrea, Happy birthday to you." my friends sang to me.

"Stars, blow out the candles," Edmund says to me.

I roll my eyes at him and blow out the 16 candles on the cake.

"Woohoo," Lucy shouts.

"Happy sweet 16," Susan says to me.

"We're finally the same age," Edmund jokes.

"Shut up you just turned 16, 4 months ago," I say to him.

"I know," he says with a smirk.

We were currently in a park celebrating my 16th birthday. Peter, Susan, Lucy, Edmund, Elle, and Mary.

Elle was gushing over the fact that me and Edmund were dating. She even made Mary pay her 5 dollars.

I can't believe they betted on me

"I can't believe you're 16," Elle says patting away her fake tears.

"They grow up so fast," Susan says joining in.

"Seriously guys?" I joke.

This would be one of the last times that all of us would be together. Peter and Susan were going to the States, Mary was going to some school in France and school would be starting up again soon.

There was also a possibility that I might not be going with Edmund and Lucy to Cambridge. A few weeks ago I got a letter from The British School of Paris. One of my teachers sent an essay I wrote last semester and submitted it to them. Now they have reached out to me, saying they want me to study writing and language arts there for my last year. I've told Elle and Mary about it and also Susan but other than that no one else knows.

I really want to go. It would be a dream come true but that would mean I would be leaving everyone for about a year.

I'm gonna miss everyone.

I shake away those thoughts but tears swell in my eyes

"Come on birthday girl, don't cry," Peter teases.

I quickly wipe away my tears and go back in the moment.

"You both better write me letters every week or I am flying over there to murder you," I threaten Peter and Susan.

Edmund walks over and wraps his arms around me. He gives me a quick peck on the cheek and everyone 'aws'.

"You two are so cute," Elle says.

I roll my eyes as everyone laughs.

We dug into the small chocolate cake and it looked like everyone enjoyed it.

"Present time," Elle announces.

I push my plate to the side and look at the cards I was given.

"Astrea, I'm so sorry but we have to leave," Mary says and hands me her card. "Don't open it until later, preferably you do it in private." She whispered to me.

"See you soon," Mary gives me a wink and walks out with Elle.

"Do our gift first," Lucy perks up handing me a small bag.

I grab the bag and smile at her.

"It's from me and Susan," she says.

I opened up the bag and inside was a journal.

"I know how much you like reading and writing, so we've decided to get you something to help you start your career," Susan says.

"Thank you both so much," I say giving them both a hug.

"Anything for the birthday girl," Susan winks at me.

"Now do our gift, I think ours is much better," Peter says handing me his and Edmund's gift.

I open the bag at it is my own personal copy of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.'

"You have checked out that book and re-read it so many times, we thought that you should have a copy for yourself," Peter explains.

"Thank you. This is amazing." I say looking at the fresh cover.

I give them both hugs and kiss Edmund on the cheek.

***

After the party Edmund and Lucy started to pack for the trip to Cambridge. And I went to talk to Peter and Susan.

"Hey," I say to them.

"What's up," Peter says.

"I need to talk to you both about something."

"Oh god you're not pregnant are you?" Peter asks horrified.

"Oh god no!"

"Thank god, I would've killed Edmund," Peter says with a smile.

"I made my decision, I'm not going to Cambridge with them."

Susan gives me a hug and congrats me.

"What happening?"

"Oh I forgot to tell you, I got a letter from the British School of Paris and they want me to study there for my last year. They saw an essay I wrote and they want to help my skills of becoming a writer," I say excitedly.

"I'm so proud of you Astrea," Peter says giving me a hug.

"Does Edmund know?" he asks.

"No, I'm gonna tell him tonight since I'm gonna have to leave by next week."

"Next week?" Susan asks.

"Yeah, I need to register for my classes and meet up with this professor I'll be interning under for the year," I say.

"Well I wish you luck with that," Peter says.

"I'll need it."

I say walking away.

I went to where Edmund's makeshift room was since we were currently staying at a friend's house.

Edmund sees me enters and smiles at me.

"I can't wait to introduce you to some other people in my family," He says to me.

I smile sadly.

"Ed?"

"Yes, Stars,"

"Um, I need to tell you something,"

"We're not breaking up are we?"

"Oh heavens no. It's about Cambridge."

Edmund stops packing and looks at me.

"If you're nervous about my family, they'll love you."

"It's not that," I say as I start pacing the room and fiddling with my hands.

"What is it then?"

I look him in the eye and take a deep breath.

"I'm not going to Cambridge with you and Lucy,"

His smile dropped instantly.

"What do you mean? Where else would you go?"

"Um," I take in a deep breath " a couple of weeks ago I got a letter from the British School of Paris. One of the teachers from this past semester sent in one of my essays and a professor at the school took a liking towards me and wants me to study under him for the next school year." I explain.

"What did you say?"

"I said yes," 

Silence looms over the room and I watch his face contort to anger.

"So you've known for a while you wouldn't go with me and you let me live in this... delusion?" Edmudn says raising his voice.

"I didn't know how to tell you. I assumed you would be mad."

"Of course, I would be mad, you're-" Edmund cuts himself off and grunts."When do you leave?"

"In a week-"

"You're leaving in a week, and you think to tell me now!" Edmund cuts me off.

"I'm sorry-"

"You're sorry? You're sorry? You should be sorry, you're leaving me for a year Astrea. I just got you-" Edmund says and walks out of the room.

"Edmund, where are you going?"

"To clear my head," he says and stomps off.

I began to feel tears come onto my face and I let out a sob.

He hates me. He hates me. He hates me.

I guess Susan heard the commotion and came to his room to hold me as I cried.

"He hates me, Susan," I said sniffling.

"He doesn't hate you, it's quite the opposite actually," Susan says.

"Come on, let's go to bed, all things will be better in the morning.

***

6 days have passed and Edmund still hasn't spoken a word to me. He's avoided me like the plague and I feel like it's all my fault. I should have told him about it sooner, but I just made up my mind. This is a dream of mine.

I'm leaving for Paris tomorrow and I'm wondering if he'll come around soon. I have finished packing everything with Susan and Lucy's help.

"I can't believe you're leaving in the morning," Lucy says with some tears in her eyes.

"I will write you a letter every chance I can okay," I say giving her a hug.

To make sure that I don't miss the train I would have to get up early in the morning and Peter would come with me in the car for the ride to the station.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," I say to Lucy.

I turn my attention to Susan and give her a bone-crushing hug.

"I'm gonna miss our talks," I say.

"Me too," Susan says hugging me.

"Do you think Edmund will talk to me before I leave?" I ask.

"He better or I'm gonna get Peter to kill him.

I let out a small laugh and broke away.

"Get some sleep, you'll have a long journey tomorrow."

I give Susan one last hug before going to sleep

***

I woke early the next morning excited about my trip. I bring all my bags to the front door and wait for Peter.

He's taking a bit too long.

"If you're looking for Peter, he's not coming," a cold voice says to me. I look to see Edmund looking distant.

"Then who's going with me,"

"I am," he says picking up my luggage and heading out to the car that's out front and he loads my luggage.

I was about to walk out the door when I saw a glimpse of blonde hair.

"Peter?"

The figure stops in it tracks.

"Why aren't you taking me?"

"You and him have some things to talk about."

I nod.

"I guess this is goodbye for now," I say hugging Peter.

"I'll miss you so much."

"I'll miss you too."

"Make sure you write Pete. I mean it."

"I will Astrea."

I walk away and get in the back of the taxi with Edmund on the other side.

***

The entire ride to the train station was silent and Edmund didn't even look at me once.

Once the taxi stopped he quickly got out and unloaded my bags and started to carry them to my station.

He was walking pretty fast like he couldn't wait to get rid of me.

"Edmund slow down," I say to him.

He ignores me and keeps walking till he gets to platform 9.

"You're an asshole you know that," I say to him.

Silence.

"This is so stupid. You really can't say anything to me, even though I am about to leave." I raise my voice at him.

"It's almost like you can't wait to get rid of me, I get it you might hate me but-" I was cut off by Edmund kissing me.

The kiss was so passionate it made me drop my handbag and my hands wrapped around Edmund's neck.

I pull away and look at my boyfriend.

"I could never hate you. I'm so sorry for the way I acted. I should've heard you out. I was selfish and didn't want the girl I loved taken away from me. I should've been more caring about this entire thing. If this is your dream then I want you to chase it. We can always write letters so we don't lose contact."

Did he just say love?

Like Love love.

L-O-V-E?

"Astrea are you okay?" Edmund asks concerned

"You love me?" I ask with my voice slightly squeaking.

"Out of my entire apology that's all you got?" Edmund teased.

"All I heard was love and I immediately forgave you."

Edmund lets out a laugh and pulls me in close for a hug.

"I love you so much, Astrea Beavers."

"Say it again."

"I love you, Astrea Beavers."

"One more time."

"Am I forgiven?" Edmund rolls his eyes with a smile.

"Yeah,"

I pull away from him.

"You wanna know something?"

"What?"

"I love you too Edmund Pevensie."

Edmund pulls me in for another breathtaking kiss. We pull away smiling at one another.

"The Train on Platform 9 will be loading now," I heard the announcing guy say.

"Well I guess I should start going," I say sadly.

"Wait," Edmund says and grabs my wrist.

"Before you go. I have something for you," he says and digs in his pocket.

Edmund pulls out a cute silver bracelet with a heart on it with my initials.

"It's beautiful," I say in awe.

"I was supposed to give this to you on your birthday but I was being an asshole."

"Yes, yes you were." I joke.

Edmund takes my wrist and clasps the bracelet on it.

"Now all those Paris boys will know you're taken," he jokes.

"Train 9 will be leaving in 5 minutes." the announcement said.

"Well I guess this is goodbye," Edmund says sadly.

"I guess so," I say with tears in my eyes.

"No more crying for you. I made you cry this past week. No more tears unless they're happy tears." Edmund fake scolds.

I give my boyfriend a hug and one last kiss,

"I love you Eddie," I say walking away.

"I love you too Stars."

I quickly rush to get on the train and find a seat. I looked out the window to see if I could my Edmund. Like always I find him and wave, the train takes off, and I am going into the unknown.

I was supposed to post this, days ago, hope you like it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.2K 869 67
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ βΈ» Cordelia Winterbourne's ordinary life with her mother was shattered by the onset of war, prompting Cordelia's mother to make a gut...
93.3K 2.4K 17
Y/n L/n is the best friend of Edmund Pevensie. She was close with the other Pevensie siblings, as well. She went through everything with the Pevensie...
495K 14.8K 31
"You're not going anywhere, if anything your little boyfriend will just have another seat next to you." Peter threatens. A sharp laugh fell uncontrol...
510K 16.6K 31
❝ there was a difference between living and existing, and for the first time, phoebe felt like she was living. and wasn't that a marvellous thing?❞ [...