The Wedding Date ➸ Ziam

By guardianzayngels

[COMPLETE | AU] Zayn works at Walmart. He hasn't had a boyfriend or even been on a date in forever. He's houn... More

The Wedding Date
Rude Customers & The News
Malik Family Dinner & Trisha the Matchmaker
Pervy Blonde & Payne In My Ass
Liam James Payne & The Deal
Improper Grammar & Getting to Know You
50 Shades of Texts & Thigh Touches
Wedding Plans & Table Boners
Business Opportunity & The What Train?
Liam the Larry Shipper & Are You Shitting Me?
Perv Magnet & Meet the Harpers
Drinks & Confessions
♡Character Asks♡
♡Character Answers♡
Wedding Cakes & The Kiss
The Talk & Operation Real Fake Couple
Live a Little & Progress
Teabagged & Realization
Suits & Suspicions
An Announcement
Apologies & Acceptance
The Bachelor Party & So Wrong, So Right
Mistakes & Heartbreaks
The Wedding & The Truth
The Gift & The Flight Home
New Ziam Book!
Case of the Ex & Closure
Burrito Bowls & Louis' Advice
Clubbing & I Need You
Surprise Visit & Done Trying
Dr. Styles & Make Things Right
You Have Five Seconds & This Is Your Chance
Wanna Show You & Love Me Like You Do
Lazy Days & Talking Bodies
My Forever & The End
♡Thank You So Much!♡

The Event & I Love You

14.3K 875 1.2K
By guardianzayngels

This book is almost over y'all:( Only a few chapters left. Plz read the author's note at the end, its important.

>>>

I stand in my full-length mirror checking my outfit, making sure I look perfect. I'm in a white t-shirt with a black blazer over it along with black skinny jeans and black boots. My hair stands in a tall, shiny quiff and my face is clean shaven. I'm wearing the necklace Liam gave me also.

Tonight is the night. The night of the event. The night where I try to get Liam back again.

I'm beyond nervous, even more nervous than I was the last time. It feels there's a rollercoaster in my stomach, my heart is pounding and a sweat is breaking out on my hairline so I have to keep wiping it with a tissue. I take a deep breath and start pep-talking myself.

"You can do this. Apologize to him, tell him how much you love him and how much you're willing to be with him. Oh my God, you're doing this in front of a bunch of people" I let out a shaky breath. "Phew okay, you can do this, you got this. Go get your man, Zayn" I kiss the necklace.

The sound of a car honking makes me jump. I walk over the window and see Justin standing outside a limo, leaning against it. He's in a black suit with black dress shoes and has a pair of sunglasses on. He smiles and waves and I wave back. I walk out the door and head out to the long, white vehicle.

"Hey" Justin greets. "You ready for this?"

I play with my fingers nervously, "I don't know man, I'm scared, fucking terrified."

"Don't be, you'll do great. I know he'll take you back" Justin pats my back comfortingly and we get in the limo.

And then we're off to the event.

>>>

We arrive thirty minutes later downtown, at this tall building. There are tons of paparazzi outside, two big piles of them on either side of the red carpet that's placed, leading from the curb to the front doors.

I swallow thickly as I see the paparazzi now turning their attention to us, the flashing of their cameras bright and quick, making me wince.

A hand touches my shoulder and I jump, turning to Justin.

"Ready for your minute of fame?" He smirks.

I gulp and the limo driver gets out and opens my door for me. The commotion from the talking, screaming and cameras flashing all hits me like a ton of my bricks when that door opens. My heart stutters as I see the hundreds of people, all eyes on me as I step out.

Justin gets out and everyone goes bananas. Screaming and pushing, trying to catch the singer's attention. There's teenage girls across the street, being blocked off by rails and security guards, yelling at him.

Justin walks towards the carpet, already smiling at the cameras and greeting the people. He's so cool, calm and collected about it since he's been through this tons of times while I just stand behind him with a scared look on my face, not knowing what to do.

I see news reporters standing in front of a big board covered in logos as they talk towards the large camera mounted on the stand. I look to my left seeing Andrew Garfield talking to another reporter and my jaw drops.

"A-A-A-Andrew G-Garfield" I point to the hot celebrity, looking like a kid in a candy shop.

"Yeah he's a pretty nice guy" Justin says.

I look at him and sputter, "Y-you've met him?!"

He laughs, "Yeah we've hung out a few times. He knows how to make some good sandwiches."

I look back over to Andrew. I know I look like a deer in the headlights but I don't care, its Andrew Garfield. This is my first encounter with a celebrity, besides Justin but I don't think of him as one.

"We didn't come here to gawk at celebrities, come on" Justin grabs my arms and yanks me away as I wave like a schoolgirl at Andrew, even though he's not even paying attention to me.

"Justin! Justin, over here!" A voice calls.

Justin and I turn to see a news reporter lady waving for him to come over.

"Go on in, I'll be there in a minute" Justin says to me.

I give him a worried look, "I don't wanna go in alone."

"Zayn, please? I have to do this interview. Just go in, I'll be there in a minute, I promise" He reassures.

I sigh, "Okay."

I walk down the rest of the carpet as Justin walks over to the interviewer. I keep my head down, not wanting this insane attention.

The cool breeze hits me as I enter the building. I look up and I realize I'm in some lobby. I glance around, probably looking like a lost puppy, trying to find where to go. The sound of Beyonce's 7/11 is blasting throughout the building and I turn my head to see a bundle of people dressed in expensive dresses and suits entering a room. There's a sign next to the door reading 'London's Celebrity Charity Event, hosted by Payne Communications'.

I stand up straighter, running a hand through my hair and straightening out my jacket as I walk towards the entrance. I trot slowly in the giant room, seeing circular tables covered in cream tablecloths placed throughout. There's a bar and long tables filled with food pressed against one of the walls. There's also a DJ at the front standing on a stage. Not to mention the tons of celebrities I see like Freddie Highmore and Keira Knightley.

Liam and his company did such a fantastic job with this event.

The place is so sleek and posh and by everyone that's in it, dressed to the nines, I feel out of a place. I should've dressed better.

I look around trying to find him but I don't see him anywhere. I decide to wait, grabbing a glass of champagne from the passing waiter and take a seat a the table that's reserved for Justin.

I sip on the bubbly, refreshing alcohol as I listen to the music. Sia's Elastic Heart is now playing. I take a deep breath again, my nerves are still getting the best of me but I have to do this. There's no turning back.

Justin soon enters, smiling, greeting and taking pictures with people. When he's done with that he comes over and sits down next to me, patting my shoulder.

I shoot him a worried look and he mouths "you'll be okay, you can do this."

I nod hesitantly and then the music cuts out, everyone turning their heads to the front.

Andrew Garfield walks up to the stage, grabbing the mic the DJ hands him.

He clears his throat, "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to London's Celebrity Charity Event. I am your presenter, Andrew Garfield. When I heard about that huge tornado that hit Birmingham, wiping out those people's homes, all the children losing their schools and education, I was devastated. I knew I had to do something so when I got an email about being a contributor to this charity event, I jumped right on board. We've gotten so many celebrities and sponsors to help. We put the word out by television, radio, internet ads, posters, billboards and so much more. We worked so hard to be where we are today. Everyone, we raised over 7,500,000 dollars!"

The room erupts in gasps, cheers and claps at the news. Holy shit, that's a lot of moola.

"But it couldn't be done without the help of Payne Communications. Payne Communications hosted this event, put everything together and ran this show. If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be sitting here at this very moment. So everyone give a round of applause to the owner of Payne Communications, the man himself, the hero, the king, Liam Payne!"

Everyone claps and cheers as Liam steps out and it seems that time has slowed down. I sit there, staring at him as he walks up the stage, waving to everyone. He looks beautiful in that suit. He may be smiling and look happy but I can tell from his eyes that's he's not though. I swallow thickly, guilt rising in the pit of my stomach, knowing that his sadness is because of me.

"Thank you" He begins and everyone quiets down. "I would just like to thank everyone who helped out. All the celebrities, ad marketers, sponsors and my employees. It was an honor to put together such an event. We made so much money that'll surely clean up the town..."

Justin nudges my shoulder and I look at him. He nods towards Liam and I gulp audibly, getting up from my chair.

"I may have been the man behind everything but I couldn't have done it without every single one of you..."

I slowly walk towards the stage, I'm kinda in the back so Liam hasn't noticed me yet.

"We've been working on this for almost four months. It took some time but nothing comes easy, you have to work for what you want..."

My heart is beating a mile a minute, there's a lump caught in my throat and no matter how much I swallow it won't dissipate and I can hear the blood pumping through my ears. My whole body is on fire from the nerves and anxiousness. This is it, no turning back now.

"The townspeople of Birmingham just wanna say how thankful they are to have such sweet people want to help them and their community" Liam flashes a big smile, his eyes sweeping out the crowd but then he sees me and he stops. He stops talking, his lips parting in shock.

I'm still slowly walking up towards the stage. I can feel hundreds of eyes on me. Its completely quiet, no one dares to open their mouth. The only noise is from my mouth as I breath heavily from my heart beating so fast.

I finally make it to the foot of the stage, staring up at Liam like he's some type of God as he stares down. His eyes read stress and defeat. I know he's getting tired of me just popping up.

"Z-Zayn" He breaths out, confusion and shock written all over his face. "W-what are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to you" I say.

He sighs, "Zayn, go home. I-how did you even get in here?"

"That doesn't matter. I'm not going anywhere, just hear me out."

"Zayn, you're interrupting this event, please leave."

"Liam, please?" I give him a pleading look. He looks into my eyes for a minute then sighs, nodding his head for me to talk. He probably doesn't wanna look like a dick in front of all these people, so he lets me speak.

"I fucked up."

"What?" His bushy brows knit together, the creases in his forehead evident.

"Just listen" I begin. "I fucked up, okay? I let go the best thing that ever happened to me. I let go the only thing that made me laugh, smile and feel happy in a long time. I let go of you."

Liam's lips purse together, his head leaning back as he takes in what I just said.

"I let go of you and it was the dumbest fucking thing I ever did in my entire life. I was a pussy, alright? I was terrified of loving again and giving myself to you because I was scared of getting my heart broken again. But I should've trusted you. You are nothing like that past boyfriend, not at all" I say.

Liam shakes his head and sighs, "Zayn-"

I spin around to the crowd, "Everyone I fucked up by letting this man go!" I point to Liam. "That was a huge mistake but I know what wasn't a mistake...hiring him to be my fake boyfriend. That's right, I hired Liam Payne to be my fake boyfriend and took him to my brother's wedding so I wouldn't look like a loser. At first we despised each other but along the way we managed to fall for each other. He's beautiful inside and out. He's sweet and caring, funny and smart, sexy and can be possessive. But I love it, I love everything about him. But I hurt him."

I glance at Liam seeing him standing there with his arms crossed and lips in a tight line.

I turn back to the crowd, "I hurt him and not once. I hurt him when I said I didn't have feelings for him after we had sex but that was a lie. I do have feelings for him, always have. The sex also wasn't a mistake, I enjoyed every minute of it and I wouldn't change that night for anything. I hurt him again when he barged in at my brother's wedding and confessed his love for me and me being the idiot I was, denied him once more. I hurt him yet again when he showed up at my doorstep with a soaked suit and a tainted heart. He thought I had sex with my ex but that's not true, not true at all."

I turn back to him and look deeply into his eyes, "Liam, I swear I didn't have sex with Justin. I would never do that to you. You just happened to show up at the wrong time. Please believe me."

Liam opens his mouth but the only thing that comes out is a shaky breath. His eyes search mine for any type of lie.

"I'm so sorry for hurting you like I did. It was wrong, completely and utterly wrong. I'm sorry for being such a dick and an in denial, blind idiot. I not only lied to you but I lied to my family and I lied to myself. But I'm owning up now. I want you, I wanna be with you. I wanna be able to hug you and kiss you and show you off as my real boyfriend. I want you, Liam James Payne. I'm all in, I promise. I give you all of me. I give myself to you because...well because I love you."

Everyone gasps and aww's and it feels like the wedding all over again.

Liam's lips twitch up and tears spring in his eyes, glossing them over. I hope they're happy tears. Its a lot on him, what I just said but its also a lot on me. Its only the second time I admitted my love for him and this time it was to him.

"I love you, Liam. I love you so much and I wanna be with you. You were the best mistake I ever made. The night we met, the day I saw you again and made you my wedding date, that was all fate. That was suppose to happen. God brought me to you because we're meant for each other."

Liam wipes the tears that had fallen with his finger and a choked sob leaves his lips as I climb up the stairs of the stage and stand in front of him.

"You just said nothing comes easy and that you have to work for what you want" I continue, reaching to grab his hand and he lets me. "Well our relationship wasn't easy, we've had many obstacles, ups and downs but every relationship has those. And I will work for you, work to be the best I can be for you. You're what I want and I will work until my last breath for you" I say sincerely.

He doesn't say anything, just stares at me as endless and silent tears fall down his cheeks.

"You see this?" I grab at the jewelry around my neck. Liam's eyes look down to it and he cries harder, turning his head to look away. But I grab his face, cupping his cheeks and staring deeply into his pretty brown eyes. "This necklace symbolizes our love for one another. You are in my heart-no my heart beats for you."

He still says nothing, lips parted and eyes shiny as he looks at the floor.

"Be with him, Liam!" Someone yells.

"Liam, kiss him!" Another person says.

Liam lets out another shaky breath then bites his lip. The room is dead silent, everyone on the edge of their seats, including myself, for his reply.

"I-I don't wanna get hurt again, Zee" He says, glancing up at me with those puppy eyes. His voice is so fragile and his eyes held so much emotion. Love, confusion, pain. The list goes on.

"I know baby, I know" I say, wiping his tears with the pad of my thumbs. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for what I did. But I promise to be better. I wanna be with you. I wanna be together."

He looks down at the floor again, biting his lip. He doesn't say anything. The room is still quiet as can be, everyone waiting.

"Li? Baby? Whataya say? Will you give me a chance? I completely understand if you don't wanna" I bite my lip nervously as I try to read his expression.

His eyes shift from the floor to my eyes, "O-okay" He breaths out. "Okay, I'll give you a chance...and I love you too."

The widest smile breaks out on my face and I surge forward, slamming our lips together. The crowd erupts in screams, whistles and applauses.

Fireworks explode throughout my body as my lips touch his. I've been waiting for this, wanting to kiss him again. Our lips mold together like two perfect puzzle pieces as they move against each other. The kiss is filled with so much passion and love and even though its salty from Liam's tears, I don't care. It was perfect, the best kiss I ever had.

I swipe my tongue across the seam of his lips and Liam immediately grants me access, our tongues working together hungrily. I wrap my arms around his neck as his place themselves around my waist. He yanks me closer, our bodies flush against each other as we continue our blissful kiss.

We pull away when the need for air comes and place our foreheads together, my arms still around his neck while his stay around my slim waist.

"I love you" I pant, my breath hitting his bruised lips.

"I love you too" He smiles goofily, his eyes crinkling and I love that so much. His thumbs are brushing my sides in tiny circles and it feels so lovely.

I lean in and hug him, my chin resting on his shoulder and Liam's muscular arms squeeze me tightly like he never wants to let me go as he buries his head in my arm (like the hug in the picture, omg my Ziam heart cannot take this y'all).

We pull away and glance out at everyone, seeing them standing up still applauding us. Justin is on top of the table, chanting "OTP!"

I look at Liam, "Let's get outta here" I say, intertwining our hands and he grins.

"Okay."

>>>

THEY'RE TOGETHER Y'ALL! FINALLY.

Comment: #ZiamReunited if you liked this chap;)

Oh and as y'all know, the Bromance Awards are here and this story has been nominated yay! Whoever did that, thank you so much:* But it would mean a lot if you guys voted and supported this story. I already hear a lot of you love it so why not? I know it may not be the best Ziam book out there but at least its good...right?

This is my first Bromance Awards and I'm hella nervous and asdfghjkl. I hope there is support for this story, it would mean the world to me♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 2K 11
When Zayn breaks his leg attempting to skateboard over Harry's car, he ends up stuck in the hospital for two weeks. The only thing he doesn't hate ab...
292K 9.1K 21
It was pure euphoria. When he pulled away, I immediately missed his lips against mine. "Fuck Zayn," he said hiding his face into the crook in my neck...
1.8M 64.1K 47
[ boy x boy ] Ethan Ryder wasn't planning on moving to a new town just before starting his final year at high school. He wasn't planning on leaving...
120K 6.3K 18
"I can't have him until that thing he calls an older brother has a boyfriend. And that's where you come in." "Never in a million years." >>>>>>>>><<...