Tempting me

By NATSNOTGAY

Natalie Wilson. Star Hockey Center and Captain for the WestHampton Warriors. She's had a crush on Scarlett Sa... More

CAST
Scarlett fucking Santoro
Watching
Dad
All hail football
Gabriella
Senior night
Live
Olivia
MORE CAST
Come Over
I could feel it
Dinner
Pictures
She's dated boys
Endless Chicken Baskets
Juice Box
The Roof
Girlfriend
Henry
The Stars
Get Out
Merry Christmas?
No One Knows
That Wasn't About A stupid Hit
The Time To Be Alive
I love you
Epilogue
AYEEE

That's disgusting

21.4K 434 332
By NATSNOTGAY

It was a big deal.

I walked into school this morning and everyone was talking about it.

I wondered how so many people knew about it so I checked the Instagram post they made about me.

The video went viral on their youtube channel. Then the post got 91,452 likes. And I gained 8,896 followers.

All because I've never hit someone like that.

All day, the only thing I've heard from people, "She got you good!" Or "You got some nasty hits in."

Although, Ezekiel Morris, in my 3rd period, said, "It would've been more entertaining if you guys had no clothes on. Maybe I'd go to a game after that."

Mr Oliver heard that and he wasn't having it.

See, I wasn't mad at the comment because one, I'm hot. Two, Ezekiel Morris is a dark haired Junior boy whose balls haven't dropped yet and he is about 5'2.

I finally, finally made it to my last period. My second favorite class.

About to walk into the locker room.

10 steps from the door.

"Hey I was at the game last night, you were pretty hot on the ice." A blonde boy I've never seen before stood next to me, "Not it sounds like I'm just hitting on you." He rubbed his chin, "I mean I am." He moved his hand away, "Shit."

I laughed, "That was almost cute."

He looked at me, "Let me restart." He put his right hand out, "I'm Jake."

I shook his hand, "Natalie."

"You played well last night."

"And you play on the soccer team." I nodded and put my hand in my pocket, "Goalie?"

"Yeah." He nodded and rubbed his neck, "Not the most impressive spot."

"No, I have a lot of respect for goalies. I'm good with a stick but my defense game needs work."

"No shot! Did you read that post? You proved your defense last night."

"You think so?"

He smiled and turned his head, "The whole school does."

I looked at him. I hate gingers. Is that discrimination? Gabriella ruined it for me. I only like Yoda. "Where are you from?" He has an accent. It's slight but it's there.

"Louisville, Kentucky. 502 born and raised."

"Ah." I nodded.

"How did you know?" He slipped his hands into his pockets.

"You have the tiniest accent ever."

"So I was thinking that, maybe, you wanted to go to the football game with me tonight?"

Oh no.

This guy seems so nice. And he's cute as can be.

But how do I say no nicely?

"There you are!" An arm looped through mine and I immediately recognized her expensive perfume. "See, I was walking around everywhere to find you."

"Well, here I am Scarlett." I smiled at her.

She kept eye contact with me for what felt like ages. But she looked at Jake, "Sorry! Was I interrupting?"

No. "Kinda." I shrugged.

"I just wanted to talk to you about what time you were coming over? Since you're the one driving me to the game tonight?" She raised her eyebrows.

She's saving me from having to say no to Jake.

"Oh right!" I looked at Jake, "I'm sorry. I have to go with Scarlett because I'm driving her and I think it would be unfair to her to be the third wheel." I smiled at him.

"Completely understandable." He threw his hands up, "I get it. I am gonna get to class! Great game last night."

"Thank you." I watched him walk away then turned to Scarlett, "Thank you."

"Oh please!" She pulled us into the locker room, "Lord knows you didn't like him."

"What if I did?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

She stopped walking and looked at me, "Then you wouldn't have thanked me."

"No, that's not what I mean." I grabbed her arm to stop her from walking away. We're in the dark part of the hallway. The light's been busted right here since my freshman year. And we're already late to class, I doubt anyone is in here at all. "What if I wanted to go out with him then you came over and did that."

"It was just girl code, Natalie. Your face said it all." She pulled away from me.

"Maybe it is just girl code." I took a step towards her, "Maybe I'm overthinking everything from the past 3 weeks." I backed her into the wall, "Or maybe there's something you'd like for me to know."

She looked at me, "Maybe." She shrugged.

I looked at her, memorizing every inch of her face because this is as close as I'll ever be.

Her skin is perfect. Her eyes are bluer up close. Her lips...

"Natalie-" Sydney's voice echoed through the locker room.

I looked into Scarlett's eyes one last time before walking away.

"I'm here." I looked away and put my stuff on the bench, immediately going into the weight room.

________

"Are you going to Ricky's party?" Yoda grabbed the blankets out of the trunk of his Geo Tracker and looked at me, "It's supposed to be really huge."

"I want to go." I nodded, glancing at Sydney.

She was giving me her disapproving mom look.

Because I had some substance abuse problems.

Past tense.

Mrs. Wyatt really helped me out.

And she didn't judge.

But I'm not like that anymore. "I'm fine, Syd. It's one party."

Yoda looked at her, "It's not like you won't be there."

She glared at him. "Maybe I won't go."

I looked at her and smiled, "You're going."

She rolled her eyes, "Duh."

We showed Mr. Andrews our activity pass and went into the gates.

The theme this evening is White out. Hence why we're wearing all white.

"Gnarly eye." Someone wearing blue pointed to my face. He's cheering for New Albany but he's on the WestHampton side of the field.

I nodded, "Hockey."

"Sick. What position?"

"Center. Captain."

"Oh shit okay." He nodded, "Top 3?"

"Blackhawks, Rangers, and Blues. Yours?"

"Flyers, Penguins, and Rangers."

"I babysat for Jed Ortmeyer a few times when I was a Sophomore."

"No shit." He turned his head, "Poor guy. He had a good future before his injury."

"We're gonna go to the bleachers." Sydney patted my back. They're always leaving me alone in situations like this.

"Players. Top 3 again." I eyed the redhead boy, just wanting to get away.

He smirked, "Rookies or og's?"

"Both."

He shook his head and looked away for a moment, "Easy. Wayne Gretzky, Bobbie Clarke, and for a newer guy, Evgeni Malkin."

"Malkin isn't new." I crossed my arms over my chest. "He's been there since 2004. You were just a baby when he started."

"I don't know how old you think I am but it's not that young." He mimicked me and crossed his arms over his chest which gave me a  bigger ick than before, "Tell me yours."

"Easy. Ryan O'Reilly, Ross Colton, and Rutger McGroarty."

"McGroarty is a college player."

"And he's awesome." I raised my eyebrows.

"O'Reilly is basic."

"He's my literal hero. He is everything I want to be."

"Right." He nodded, "You know, you go to WestHampton and technically, I shouldn't be talking to you."

I shrugged, "High school football games mean nothing to me. But you're decent so I'm talking to you."

"I am decent."

A whistle blew.

"And I have to get to my friends." I flashed a smile at him, "Bye."

"Wait." He grabbed my arm, "What's your name?"

"If you like me that much, you can use context clues and figure it out."

He laughed, "Well, I'm Tyler. And I am hoping I'll see you at Ricky Carter's party after this miss no name."

"Maybe." I shrugged his hand off and walked away from him.

The warriors have kickoff this time. And Franklin almost fucking missed the goal. He's never missed.

Mobius only made one touchdown by halftime and we're down by 8 points.

That's not the worst of it.

No no no.

It's 51 degrees, my phone is dying, I have a brand new hole in my jeans, and Scarlett is ignoring me.

She's not wearing my hoodie anymore.

And she hasn't looked at us once.

Which is fine.

I don't care.

The halftime whistle blew and the cheerleaders picked up their pom-poms and headed onto the field.

As much as I tried to fight it, I felt my eyes drift to a particular blonde girl, smiling and running onto the field.

Then she was in the air, spinning enough times to make me dizzy. I swear I counted 5.

She flipped 5 times.

I was transfixed on them for the full 3 minutes it took them to complete their routine. I was transfixed on her.

Scarlett is who I want.

"I'll be right back." I put the hot chocolate Yoda bought me on the bleachers and zipped up my jacket. It's Sydney's white Hollister zip-up. It's so soft I think I might have to steal it.

That's not the point.

I ran down the bleacher steps and into the little walkway behind the bleachers.

It's packed with people taking advantage of it being halftime. Everyone is going to buy Warriors merch or go to concessions or go pee.

I'm looking for the cheerleaders.

Girls in tiny sparkly uniforms shouldn't be this hard to find.

"Natalie Wilson!" Kitty ran up behind me, "Willow Reed is talking about you. Like really bad. I thought I should tell you."

"What did she say?"

"That you're gay." She lowered her voice on the last part. "She said she's been talking to Gabriella. I don't know what Gabriella Alonso has anything to do with you. I mean, she's been in California for the past year." She shook her head, "Any who. She said she's gonna tell the whole school if you don't fight her."

"What is this? Some ghetto school? Some basic ass TV show?" I rolled my eyes, trying not to vomit. What has Gabby said? What does Willow think she knows? Would she tell anyone?

"I'm just passing the message to my captain." She patted my shoulder, "We all know you're not and whatever but we'd so support you if you were."

"Thanks." I nodded, unsure of my original mission.

She walked away.

And I need to throw up.

I ran into the women's restroom.

FUCK! It's halftime.

I put a hand over my mouth and rushed into the parking lot, puking behind the nearest tree.

I sat on the curb away from the vomit and held my head in my hands.

The last 48 hours have completely blind-sided me.

My dad was at my game. I punched a girl in the face. Over-flirted with Scarlett. And I'm gonna be outed by my ex-girlfriend.

I felt my eyes get hot.

I can't cry at a football game in the parking lot next to my own vomit.

I stood up, sucked in a deep breath.

I'm Natalie Wilson.

3 time winning state champion.

Hot.

Tan.

Toned.

And awesome.

I am awesome.

"I just stepped out to get some air." I showed the security guard my activity pass on my phone.

He nodded, "You're alright."

"Thanks." I nodded and went right back into the stadium, pretending I was actually alright.

"You okay?" Mobius was walking out of the locker rooms right as I came back through the walkway.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I furrowed my eyebrows together.

He shrugged, "Your nose is pink. Either you've been crying or you're cold."

Who taught this man about the female gender?

"I'm okay, Mo."

He nodded and gave me a hug, "Good."

"Play good, big boy." I smiled at him.

He frowned, "That was gross."

Now I just have to get through this football game, ignore Scarlett ignoring me, pretend like Willow doesn't exist, and find the cute redhead at the party.

What could go wrong?

________

third-person

She's drunk.

She got drunk as soon as she got here and Sydney is not happy with her!

"Hey! Do you go to West? Or the other one?" She giggled and fell into the guy she was talking to.

He's tall. Brunette. Green eyes. Perfect mix.

And he does not go to WestHampton.

"I'm going to New Albany! Proud Wildcat!" He shouted over the music, still holding onto her waist, "What can I do for you?"

"I'm looking for Tyler! Redhead!" She giggled again. The thought of Tyler isn't making her giggle. No, Scarlett Santoro glaring at her from the corner is making her giggle.

Scarlett Santoro. Natalie's biggest crush since the 8th grade. Malachi knows about Scarlett. Mobius, Yoda, and Sydney do.

She's been obsessed with Scarlett since the grand pencil incident.

But maybe now, she's growing out of it.

"He's in the back yard." Green eyed Wildcat let her go.

She stumbled her way onto the back porch, getting away from Scarlett and getting closer to clearing her mind.

"Natalie Wilson. 3 time winning state champion." Tyler smiled at her, "And I changed my answer. Since we can have college kids on our top three, I switch Malkin for Chase Pletzke. Michigan."

"Pletzke is Miami, Tyler." She was slurring her words and her body movements aren't as graceful as she thinks.

"We should go upstairs."

"In Ricky's house?"

"I know him." He pulled her off of him and led her through the house.

She was giggling and running into people as he pulled her through the living room and towards the stairs.

And he knows she's drunk.

But he doesn't care.

He knows this is wrong.

But he's gonna do it anyway.

"Natalie." Scarlett grabbed her hand as they walked past her, "Sydney is looking for you."

"Tell Sydney to piss off." Natalie leaned into Tyler and he put his hands around her waist.

Scarlett wanted to vomit. She wanted to throw up on this redhead dweeb and steal Natalie away from him.

But Natalie is drunk. Blackout drunk. And Scarlett has to be careful.

"She doesn't want to go with you."

"And she wants to go with you?"

Tyler smirked, "Clearly."

"She's drunk dude." Mobius pulled Natalie away from the redhead, "That's disgusting."

Mobius led Natalie outside, Scarlett and Sydney close behind him.

Sydney was eyeing Scarlett through this whole interaction. She was surprised Scarlett cared this much.

"Get off." Natalie yanked away from him. She stumbled backwards, almost losing her footing, "You guys always ruin everything!" She looked at Mobius, "You wiggled your way into my friend group." She turned to Scarlett, "I have no idea what you want from me."

People were staring. Yoda had disappeared. And Sydney was shocked.

She hasn't seen Natalie like this in a while.

"Natalie-" Sydney took a step forward.

"No!" Natalie pointed at her, "You especially. Overly caring! You put me in a box and won't let me leave. It's been that way all through high school."

"Look, I don't know what you're so upset about, but you won't talk to me like that." Sydney grabbed her arm, "We are going home."

"I'm not going anywhere-"

"Cut it out!" Sydney yelled at Natalie, an intense look in her eyes.

Sydney doesn't yell. She doesn't ever get angry.

And Natalie was afraid of her in the moment, knowing she pushed her too far over the edge.

Sydney put Natalie in her passenger seat and drove silently back to her house.

She wished she could do this alone. But Natalie is Natalie. And she's hurting for a reason Sydney doesn't know about.

And that scares her.

"Mom!" Sydney yelled into the large, empty house.

"Syd!" Natalie looked at her with pleading eyes.

"You did this." Sydney shrugged and looked away from her best friend, unable to keep the eye contact.

"Sydney?" Jennifer's voice came from the top of the stairs. Once she rounded the corner, she set her eyes on Natalie, "How did this happen!?" She rushed down the stairs.

"Ricky's party. I didn't think she was going to drink." Sydney held onto Natalie tighter, "She went all out on me and Mo. Scarlett too but I have no idea how close they are."

Jennifer looked at Sydney, "You don't know?" She wrapped her arm around Natalie's right shoulder and started towards the elevator.

"As in, she's kept to herself for weeks now. It's like she's locking me out."

Jenny nodded and pressed the level 3 icon, waiting patiently for the contraption to start moving.

The Wyatt's used to have to do this for Natalie through her Sophomore and Junior year. But she got clean. She was clean.

Once they put Natalie in a bath and changed her clothes, Jennifer sat on the edge of her bed, staring down at her.

"I'm sorry." Natalie looked at her, trying to hold down her vomit. She's already puked 3 more times since she got out of the shower.

Jen stroked her hair, "We're gonna talk about this later."

Sydney climbed into the queen sized bed next to Natalie, turning on the TV. "I got this. You can go to bed. Thank you for your help."

Jennifer stood up and looked at the girls. "This won't happen again."

Syd nodded, "I'll make sure of it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524K 18.5K 28
When Mia Valentine is unceremoniously cheated on and dumped by her boyfriend Max, Mia is determined to make him jealous. When her roommate suggests s...
330K 9.7K 40
"I'm pansexual so I'm basically attracted to anyone" "I'm a sex goddess I attract everyone" Natalie Porsche is your typical sarcastic and rebellious...
132K 2.6K 64
Riley Sawyer... Shes that girl that everyone knows but isn't a close friend to anyone. She's known to be bisexual as she dated both girls and boys. W...
1.8M 49.2K 32
Alexandria Jackson. Softball and basketball team captain. Sexy as hell. Popular. Loved by all. Intersex. Lesbian. Abused. Harper Adams. Cheer captai...