Tempting me

By NATSNOTGAY

Natalie Wilson. Star Hockey Center and Captain for the WestHampton Warriors. She's had a crush on Scarlett Sa... More

CAST
Scarlett fucking Santoro
Watching
All hail football
Gabriella
Senior night
That's disgusting
Live
Olivia
MORE CAST
Come Over
I could feel it
Dinner
Pictures
She's dated boys
Endless Chicken Baskets
Juice Box
The Roof
Girlfriend
Henry
The Stars
Get Out
Merry Christmas?
No One Knows
That Wasn't About A stupid Hit
The Time To Be Alive
I love you
Epilogue
AYEEE

Dad

22.9K 501 221
By NATSNOTGAY

Sydney had to stay after school and talk to her volleyball coach about some scheduling next week for their official school tryouts. She's the co-captain with Jessica Murphy.

Our small group has different talents. And our concerns.

I'm the hockey captain. I play like my life depends on it because it really does. My dad's an asshole, my mom's dead, and my brother is stuck in a boarding school.

Sydney's life is volleyball, parties, and daddy's money. I love the Wyatt's obviously, them being my home away from home and all. But Sydney isn't gonna have to worry about paying her way through college.

Yoda is Yoda. Brilliant at anything art related. That boy can sing, act, play instruments, draw, sculp, and paint like you'd never believe.

And Mobius now too.

I haven't quite figured him out but I will let you know when I do.

This night is going to go really well. I can feel it in my bones.

I spent hours trying to figure out what to wear, how to do my hair, if I should clean my car (I did), and how to do my makeup.

I never do makeup. But Scarlett Santoro wants to sit by me at this game.

I was finishing my mascara when I heard the front door open and shut, followed by heavy bags hitting the floor, and multiple pairs of feet on the living room floor.

I peaked my head out of my room and down the dimly lit hallway.

"She's probably in her room." My father's rude, cold voice was approaching.

I ducked in my room and sat in my bed, pretending I was sitting there the whole time.

Who was he talking to?

Maybe he's giving me away.

Or selling me.

Hopefully he's selling me.

I'm worth more than $0.

I'm hot.

"Natalie." He opened the door the rest of the way. His dad's voice is on.

His gentle, you're-so-precious-to-me voice. I haven't heard it since I was younger. Start of high school maybe.

"Yeah?" I sat up, pretending I actually gave a fuck what this abusive drunk has to say.

He cleared his throat, "Your brother is home and I would like us all to have dinner."

"What?" I sat up straighter, unsure of which part I was so confused about, "Melly is here?"

He nodded, his lips pursing together, "He'll be going to West on Monday." He stepped back, "I've brought home chicken so get out here and eat."

I stood up, setting my phone on the wireless charging pad sitting on my nightstand, "I actually told Sydney I would go to the football game with her tonight."

He groaned and looked at his watch, "When does it start?" He didn't look at me.

"6."

Without looking at his watch, he shook his head, "Won't work. Get out here."

My heart thumped in my chest. I don't even like football games. I don't understand football. I am sad because she wanted me there.

And Mobius did too but he's Mobius.

"Dad-"

"No." He put his hand up, "Go say hi to your brother."

I could cry right here.

But Malachi is here.

And I have missed him so much.

I came into the living room and... "Your hair is blonde."

"Yeah and yours is still brown." He stepped closer to me and wrapped his arms around me, "It was horrible there."

I stroked his head, missing the comfort of his embrace, "I've missed you Melly."

He choked back a cough and backed up from me, "Been a while since I've heard that."

I shook my head, "It's been too long." I smiled at him, "We have a lot of catching up to do."

He smirked, "I know."

________

After I showered, put on my pajamas, and finally laid in my bed, I got the courage to pick up my phone.

Yoda and Mobius are very upset with me. Sydney knows it's something to do with my dad. And an unknown number sent one message.

I opened that one first, dying to know who this is.

unknown [6:23 pm]
:(

me [9:39 pm]
who is this?

unknown [9:40 pm]
the person you were supposed
to sit with at the football game

Scarlett!

I sat up straight in my bed, so scared on how I should respond.

A million sorries? An explanation?

Wait.

How did she get my number?

unknown [9:43 pm]
before you think im stalking you,
i asked sydney for your number

Oh.

me [9:44 pm]
i am SO sorry about tonight!!!
my dad went kinda crazy and said no

unknown [9:47 pm]
no worries dads are weird!
send me a pic for your contact

Right.

I should save her number too.

And I should send her a picture that is cute. It needs to scream 'im hot and you know it so come over and fu-'

"Natalie?" My dad opened my door, not bothering to knock. But he's never done that.

"What's up?"

"Lights out in 20." He flipped the switch to my overhead light off, "I am leaving for Monaco in the morning but if you need anything, I'll send you some money."

"Thanks dad! Have a safe trip!" I hope your plane gets stuck by lightning and falls out of the sky in the middle of nowhere with no hope of survival.

Back to the task at hand, I found a good photo in my camera roll.

A sexy picture but not sexy enough to make her think anything beyond a pure friendship.

She's straight though so she probably wouldn't even be able to pick up those signs if I tried.

I was frantically searching through my camera roll, overthinking every picture I came across.

Until this one.

me [9:53 pm]

good?

scarlett?? [9:55 pm]
perfect

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.

Snap out of it! She said perfect because it is a good picture for the contact.

me [9:56 pm]
thats a good pic

scarlett?? [9:56 pm]
i agree

Play it cool.

me [9:57 pm]
your turn

scarlett?? [9:58 pm]

She's so hot.

I am gonna explode.

How the fuck do I respond.

Fuck.

I have to change her contact name too.

I know it's Scarlett why am I gonna put question marks next to her name.

But what should I make the fucking contact.

Why am I overthinking this so hard?

scarrr [10:00 pm]
mumsy said it's bed time
im still bummed you didnt come to the game
but i get it
i'm really hoping i see you tomorrow.

scarrr [10:01 pm]
goodnight natalie

me [10:01 pm]
ill see you tmr fs
goodnight scarlett
sleep well

me [10:04 pm]
sorry again about the game

scarrr [10:05 pm]
don't stress about it natalie
its just a football game
youll be at the next one and we can get together then

me [10:06 pm]
that sounds good

scarrr [10:07 pm]
it really does

The butterflies in my stomach are never leaving.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 368 13
You are newly out of art & design school and have landed your dream job as a fashion designer at Romanoff Designs. Little to your knowledge your ex-g...
5.1K 40 31
enemies to lovers natasha romanoff x female reader
5.4K 106 21
Claire Rosewood has had a traumatic past. She wants to start over and has an opportunity to join the avengers. Claire is quickly captivated by a cert...
29.8K 2.3K 40
When Charlie Miller loses her job the week before both her roommates move to California, she decides it's time to get out of Texas. But with her bank...