The Sixth Doll~ Pretty Little...

By Isabel_Rivers

Isabel Rivers never really had a safe place to land. That was before she met queen bee Alison DiLaurentis. Sh... More

Book 1- Pretty Little Secrets
Pilot
The Jenna Thing
To Kill a Mocking Girl
Can You Hear Me Now?
Reality Bites Me
There's No Place Like Homecoming
The Homecoming Hangover
Please Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone
The Perfect Storm
Moments Later
Salt Meets Wound
Know Your Frenemies
Careful What U Wish 4
If at First You Don't Succeed, Lie, Lie Again
Je Suis Une Amie
The New Normal
The Badass Seed
A Person Of Interest
Someone to Watch Over Me
Monsters in the End
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Book 2- Pretty Little Dead
It's Alive
The Goodbye Look
My Name is Trouble
Blind Dates
The Devil You Know
Never Letting Go
Surface Tension
Save the Date
Picture This
Touched By An A-ngel
A/n
I Must Confess
Over My Dead Body
The First Secret
Through Many Dangers, Toils, and Snares
A Hot Piece of 'A'
Let the Water Hold Me Down
The Blond Leading the Blind
A Kiss Before Lying
The Naked Truth
Ctrl: 'A'
Breaking the Code
Father Knows Best
Eye of the Beholder
If These Dolls Could Talk
UnmAsked
Book 3 -Pretty Little Crazy
It Happened That Night
Blood is the New Black
Kingdom of the Blind
Birds of a Feather
That Girl is Poison
The Remains of the 'A'
CrAzy
Stolen Kisses
The Kahn Game
What Lies Beneath
Single Fright Female
The Lady Killer
This is a Dark Ride
She's Better Now
Mona- Mania
Misery Loves Company
Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Inferno
Dead to Me
What Becomes of the Broken- Hearted
Hot Water
A/n
Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Will The Circle be Unbroken?
I'm Your Puppet
A DAngerous Game
Book 4 -Pretty Little Alive
A is for A-l-i-v-e
Turn of the Shoe
Cat's Cradle/ Face Time
Gamma Zeta Die!
Under the Gun
Crash and Burn, Girl
The Guilty Girl's Handbook
Into the Deep
The Mirror Has Three Faces
Bring Down the Hoe
Now You See Me, Now You Don't
Grave New World
Who's in the Box?
Love ShAck, Baby
Close Encounters
Bite Your Tongue
Hot For Teacher
Shadow Play
Free Fall
She's Come Undone
Cover for Me
A/n:
Unbridled
'A' is For Answers
Book 5- Pretty Little Mess
EscApe From New York
Whirly Girly
Surfing the Aftershocks
Thrown From the Ride
Miss Me x 100
Run, Ali, Run
The Silence of E. Lamb

Keep Your Friends Close

693 12 0
By Isabel_Rivers

"I know you wanna kiss me" -Alison DiLaurentis

Hanna was staring at her face in her locker's mirror.

"Okay, I need to ask you guys something and I need you to be totally honest with me," Hanna stated, turning around.

"Of course," Aria nodded.

 "Yeah," Spencer agreed.

"Is this side of my face fatter than this side?" Hanna frowned, turning her head to each side.

"No," they all said in unison.

"Is that lan?" Aria asked all of the sudden. Isabel turned around and saw Ian talking to some jocks.

"Yeah," Isabel sighed. "I hear he's the new field hockey coach."

"Does Melissa know he's back?" Emily spoke up.

"Don't know why she broke up with him," Hanna shrugged.

"She didn't. He broke up with her," Spencer clarified. Isabel had never thought Ian was cute. Of course, with his boyish good looks and tousled brown hair, she got why some girls would like him. But he just wasn't attractive to her.

"Hey!" Mona smiled, walking up to them. She handed each girl some sort of invitation. "The first one's for my bestie. And one for each of you, my bestie's other friends."

"Oh, what's this?" Aria raised an eyebrow, unamused.

"Oh, nothing," Mona grinned. "Only an invitation to the most awesome birthday party ever, Camp Mona."

"Camp Mona?" Isabel repeated.

"Don't let the camping part scare you. It's 'glamping,' not camping," Mona assured them. "'M' is for Mona and massages, not mosquitoes." She then saw two of her other friends. "Oh, Naomi, Riley, hey, wait up!" And she was gone again. 

Isabel put the invitation away in her bag. "Why is Mona inviting us to her birthday party?"

"She knows that we're friends again and she's just trying to reach out to you," Hanna explained. "She's trying to be nice. So are you gonna go?"

"I know she's your friend, but..." Spencer said hesitantly.

"Yeah, but I'm gonna have to pass," Aria agreed.

"I don't think so, either," Isabel sighed. Suddenly, their phones all beeped.

'Camp Mona's a scavenger hunt and I'm the prize. Come and find me, bitches. -A'

-

The next day, Isabel was talking to the girls by their lockers.

"Hey, what's going on?" Aria  asked, walking up to them.

"The cops are here," Hanna replied.

"They found something of Alison's," Spencer whispered. Suddenly, an announcement over the P.A. System sounded.

'Spencer Hastings, Aria Montgomery, Emily Fields, Isabel Rivers, and Hanna Marin, please come to the office.'

-

The girls all squeezed onto a sofa in the principal's office, waiting. Two agents walked in.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I'm Agent Cooper," the lady apologized, handing Spencer her card.

"FBI?" Spencer frowned. Isabel's eyes darted between her and Cooper.

"This is my partner, Agent Randall. We're here because the Bureau was asked by local authorities...to assist in the investigation of Alison DiLaurentis' murder," Cooper continued. "I wanna show you something sent to Rosewood Police Department...by an anonymous source." She grabbed a remote. "Family's given me permission to show it to the four of you." She clicked it on. 

It was a video of Alison at the Kissing Rock. She smirked at the camera. 

"Wanna see more? I know you want to. If the girls knew I was seeing you...oh, my God, they would not stop talking about it. I wish they were more mature, but...we don't have a lot of time. I have to get back before they wake up." She paused, still smirking at whoever was filming. "I know you wanna kiss me."

"Is there anything you can tell me about what you see?" Cooper asked.

"They're at the Kissing Rock," Isabel frowned. "It's in the woods behind the lake."

"I think this was taken the night that Alison disappeared," Aria added. "She was wearing that yellow top."

"But that's not her sweater," Hanna pointed out.

"Are you sure?" Cooper asked.

"Ask me what's in each one of our closets..." Hanna repiled, "and I'll give you an itemized list. I know clothes." 

"I think she's talking to the older boy," Spencer remarked.

"So-called 'mystery boyfriend'?" Cooper nodded. She hit reply on the remote, and the girls watched Ali smirk at them through the camera again.

"Alison didn't want us to know who he was," Isabel agreed.

"Was it an older high school boy?" Cooper pressed.

"She only told me enough to make it a secret," Spencer said quietly.

"Ah, Alison liked secrets?" Cooper nodded.

"She thought sharing secrets kept us close," Emily explained.

"They do," Cooper agreed. "But secrets are made to be found out with time."

'I know you wanna kiss me.'

-

During passing period, Isabel got a text from Spencer. 

''A' sent Mona a text. The two of them blew up. We need  to go to Camp Mona.' -Spencer

-

"You guys are going camping? Cute," Melissa said sarcastically.

It was the day of Camp Mona, and Isabel and the girls arrived at Spencer's house with boxes of gear in her arms. Ian was at the door, Melissa looked like she was about to storm upstairs, and Spencer was trying to stop her.

"Whoa, what'd I miss?" Isabel joked. Melissa just started up the stairs, ignoring her.

"Wait! Hey, wait!" Spencer called, running after her. They had a short conversation, and Melissa led Ian outside. Before he left, he gave Isabel a small wave. Isabel was quite confused, but waved back.

"Since when are you mending Melissa's relationships?" Isabel joked, sting her box down.

"I kind of owe it to her," Spencer shrugged, walking over.

"What's she ever done for you?" Emily frowned.

"It's more about what did I do to her," Spencer muttered, leaning on the counter. They gave her a confused look, and she added, "I'm the reason she and Wren broke up. We had a...moment and Melissa saw us."

"A moment?" Aria repeated, exchanging a look with the others.

"Yeah. It gets worse," Spencer sighed. "Yeah, Melissa doesn't know this part, but I also had a moment with lan."

"Shut up!" Hanna gasped. Isabel's eyes widened. Oh well. At least it wasn't as bad as her secret.

"It was early in the summer, before Alison went missing. It was just one kiss. But after they broke up, we started seeing each other," Spencer explained, gathering her gear. "Feel like the poster child for poor judgment."

"You could have told us, Spencer," Emily said gently.

"Really? Ali knew about the first kiss... and she thought I was awful," Spencer huffed.

"We're not Ali," Aria promised her.

"I shouldn't tell Melissa, right?" Spencer frowned.

"Right," they all said in unison. Suddenly, a picture of Ali flashed on the tv screen.

"Wait, Spence, turn the TV up," Isabel said urgently. She did.

'Authorities searched the family home earlier today... reports have confirmed that a blood stain on the sweater... is a match to the victim's. If you just tuned in, police issued a warrant for the arrest... of missing Rosewood teen Toby Cavanaugh. He is wanted for the murder of Alison DiLaurentis,' the reported announced.

"That sweater was Toby's," Hanna realized.

"No, Alison was not dating Toby," Emily scoffed.

"No way that's the guy she's talking to in the video," Isabel added.

"But you saw the news. They have proof," Hanna argued.

"If it's Toby's sweater, then he has to be the boy at the kissing rock," Spencer insisted.

"Is it finally over?" Emily gulped.

"No," Spencer sighed. "Toby's been missing for weeks. It won't be over until he's behind bars."

-

Emily and Isabel drove to Camp Mona because Isabel's car was in the shop.

"I don't think Toby would have killed Alison," Isabel told her from the passenger's seat.

"Then who did?" Emily sighed as she parked the car. Suddenly, Toby sat up from the backseat, making Isabel scream, and Emily gasp.

"I want to finish what I started to tell you at homecoming," Toby said. Isabel exchanged a glance with Emily, wide-eyed and scared.

-

"September 1st is the day I ended it with Jenna," Toby explained, once they were outside of her car. Emily kept a safe distance away from Toby. But Isabel saw the pleading look in his eyes and knew he couldn't have killed Alison. "I felt terrible about what we were doing, but I didn't know how to stop it." He took a step toward them, and Emily backed away immediately.

"Stay there, okay?" She gulped. "Please, if you want me to listen, just stay there." Toby didn't move, and neither did Isabel.

"Jenna told me she'd tell people that I forced myself on her," he said, turning to Isabel, who nodded. It made some sort of sense. "She didn't want it to stop."

"Jenna wanted to be with you?" Isabel frowned. Emily stared at Toby in disbelief.

"Jenna was in love with me," Toby nodded. "She's still in love with me."

"Why did Ali have your sweater, then?" Isabel asked.

"I asked Alison to meet me so I could tell her that she did me a favor," Toby continued. "She got me away from Jenna."

"Why was she wearing your sweater?" Emily repeated.

"Why would Ali meet you at the kissing rock?" Isabel added.

"We didn't go anywhere. We met right outside of Spencer's barn," Toby frowned. "I gave her my sweater because it was cold. When I left her, she was getting in the car with some guy...still wearing my sweater. She was very much alive."

"You have to tell the police," Emily urged him.

"You see how it looks," Toby said sadly. "They've already decided I'm guilty." Both Isabel and Emily paused for a second.

"If we don't go to this party, our friends are gonna know that something's wrong," Emily said slowly.

"I only came back to say goodbye," Toby explained.

"Back from where?" Isabel frowned.

"I spent a year in reform school. I've got friends in all the wrong places," Toby replied. "And misery loves company."

"You can't keep running," Emily scoffed.

"I need to get as far away from here as I can now," Toby argued.

"But if you're innocent-?" Emily began.

"If? You think I'm lying?" Toby asked, hurt. Isabel shook her head, but Emily was silent. "I need you to believe me, Emily. You already do, Isabel. The both of you believing me...It's all that matters."

"But I still have so many questions," Emily said hesitantly.

"I left my stuff behind the church," Toby told her. "If there's any way you can come...my ride's not picking me up until midnight." Emily was quiet. "If you guys tell your friends, you know they'll call the cops," he added, giving them another pleading look.

-

Back at Camp Mona, Isabel and Emily gave Spencer and Aria a quick rehash of what Toby had told them.

"He came back to tell us that he's innocent," Isabel explained.

"And that he didn't hurt Ali," Emily added.

"He's lying," Spencer stated.

"We have to tell the police," Aria agreed. Suddenly, Aria's phone rang. "It's Hanna." She answered it. "Hey." She glanced over to Mona, who was counting her presents. "Uh... She's Mona." She paused. "Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" Another pause. "Hanna, listen. Emily and Isabel saw Toby." She then frowned at her phone. "Hello? God, service out here sucks."

Isabel's phone beeped as Aria walked over. "It's from 'A'."

'You found my bracelet. Now come find me. Good luck, bitches.'

"We go to where we found Ali's bracelet," Spencer realized.

"That was in the middle of nowhere," Aria frowned.

"Yeah, I'm not going back there. I nearly broke my ankle last time. Twice," Isabel scoffed. The others gave her the 'really?' look.

"No, actually, it was 15 steps east of the half-point tree..." Spencer finally sighed, "which is 136 steps from the main road."

"You're a freak and I love you," Aria grinned.

"Emily, Aria, Isabel, your turn to get blown," Mona called.

"Well, it has to look like we're here for the party, so go glamp..." Spencer sighed, getting up, "and I'll be back before it gets dark."

-

Isabel, Emily, and Aria left the tent, with their hair looking ridiculous.

"Wow," Spencer chuckled, walking over.

"Shut up," Isabel huffed.

"What happens if you touch it?" Spencer grinned, reaching out to touch Isabel's hair. She swatted her arm away, pissed.

"Did you find anything?" Emily sighed, crossing her arms.

"Come here," Spencer said, beckoning them over to a secluded spot. "Guys, check it out." In her palm was a purple beaded bracelet, like the ones Ali had gotten them. There was a name on it, but it wasn't any of theirs.

It was Jenna's.

"Is Jenna telling us that she's A?" Emily frowned.

"It's too obvious," Isabel scoffed. "So, no."

"I don't think so either," Spencer replied, pulling out a piece of paper. "There's something else."

'You're as in the dark as Jenna. Looking for me in all the wrong places.'

"Well, if this is the wrong place, then what's the right place?" Aria gulped.

-

"Looking for me in all the wrong places," Spencer muttered. She and Isabel were roasting s'mores over a fire. "Looking for me in all the wrong places."

"Spence, I don't think saying it a hundred times is gonna help you," Isabel said, rolling her eyes. Suddenly, Spencer's eyes grew wide, and she grabbed Isabel's arm, making her drop her perfect s'more in the fire.

"The wrong places," Spencer repeated, with an urgent look. 

"Hey! You ruined my s'more!" Isabel complained. Spencer just got up and beckoned for her to follow. The two of them searched for Emily and Aria, with only Spencer knowing why they were looking.

"Hey," Spencer called to Emily, running up. "Where's Aria?"

"I don't know," Emily shrugged. 

"Now, are you gonna tell me why you destroyed my s'more?" Isabel asked impatiently. Spencer just sighed at her.

"We have to go to the Wright place," Spencer explained to them. "W-R-l-G-H-T."

"Wright's playground," Isabel realized, nodding.

"Yeah," Emily agreed.

-

"Think you're actually enjoying this,"  Emily grumbled. They were once again taking a stroll in the woods.

"Guys," Spencer whisper-shouted. She shined a light on a tree.

On it were two names in a heart.

Alison + Ian.

"Alison loves Ian?" Emily frowned. Isabel's phone chimed, and the girls exchanged worried looks.

'SOS. I know who 'A' is. Heading to the parking lot.' -Hanna

-

The three of them ran to the parking lot, meeting up with Aria.

"Hanna?"

"Hanna!"

The girls saw Hanna cross the road to get to them.

A car's headlights flashed, momentarily blinding Isabel. 

"Hanna, watch out!" Isabel yelled. The four of them watched wide-eyed as the car kept on going. 

"Hanna!" They screamed, running over to where she lay on her side. Tears clouded Isabel's vision. She pulled out her phone as they knelt down. "There's been an accident. We're at the Camp Rosewood parking lot. Please hurry!" 

"She's not breathing!" Spencer gasped. Suddenly, Hanna's phone chimed. Aria picked it up, and showed the girls the message on it.

'She knew too much. -A'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 3.1K 21
An Emison fanfic! [No A] Alison DiLaurentis is the cold-hearted queen bee of Rosewood, her posse who she manipulates with secrets for insurance; Aria...
38.5K 532 36
There are moments in life that alter the very essence of a person's soul. For the DiLaurentis-Fields family, one moment changes everything. One momen...
106K 3.9K 74
Secrets couldn't stay buried if the dead girl didn't. Now that Alison DiLaurentis was alive and well, it was up to her friends to bring her back to R...
300K 4.4K 162
(Y/n) Rivers is one year younger than Caleb Rivers. (Y/n) was separated from her brother after an incident that happened in the orphanage that she wa...