The Secret Warrior (Edmund Pe...

By lushwriterlvr

Astrea is an orphan. Well, not really but she lost her parents a long time ago, when they first visited Narni... More

Background Stuff
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
A/N
Prince Caspian
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 15

34 0 0
By lushwriterlvr

~Trumpkin~

Before we left we changed out of our regular world clothes into our old Narnia clothes. I was looking through my chest to see what dress I should wear. Unfortunately, all the ones I was finding were too big. 

"Need help?" a smug voice says.

"I got it Eddie," I say using the nickname he hates.

I hear him groan and walk over to me.

"Why are most of your gowns a little short?" Edmund asks.

"Because when I battle I need a shorter gown aka a warrior's gown. When we have normal evenings I wear the longer ones" I explain. 

"How about that one," Edmund points to a red dress in the chest.

I pull it out and smile.

I went behind one of the curtains and walked out.

"How do I look?" I ask.

Edmund looks me up and down slowly and blinks.

"Umm fantastic now let's go," he races off to where the others are.

I roll my eyes at him and a small smirk comes across my face. I quickly grab a sheath and my sword and make my way out.

***

After a little while of walking, we came across a river. I looked in the distance and saw a boat.

"Guys look," I point. Peter looks and we just observe until something happens.

Unfortunately, something happened. These two soldiers were carrying a man and were about to toss him into the river with his hands and feet tied.

To grab their attention Susan shoots an arrow into the side of the row boat.

"Drop him!" she commands.

Not the best choice of words.

The soldiers did exactly that but into the water.

Peter and Edmund raced into the water to get the man. I stayed back with Susan and Lucy, simply because I did not want to get my hair wet.

One of the soldiers grabbed their crossbow and was about to shoot at Peter. Susan shoots another arrow into his chest and that soldier falls over. The other soldier just jumped into the water and swam away.

Peter and Edmund return with the little man they saved. Lucy stoops down and uses her dagger to cut the ropes.

The man takes the cut-off gag out of his mouth and looks up at Susan. I think he is about to thank her, but.

""Drop him"?! That's the best you can come up with?" The man spits.

Susan looks taken aback before she answers. "A simple thank-you would suffice."

"They were doing fine drowning me without your help."

"Maybe we should have let them." Peter glares at the small man.

"We've just saved your life, try to be a little more thankful," I sass the man.

 "Why were they trying to kill you anyway?" Lucy asks him softly.

"They're Telmarines. That's what they do." He answers.

What?

 "Telmarines? In Narnia?" Edmund asks surprised.

"Where have you been for the last few hundred years?" The man scoffs.

 " It's a bit of a long story," I say.

Peter takes out his sword and the man stares at the hilt for a little too long. His eyes open wide as if he realized something. He then scans every one of us and memorizes every detail.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me. You're it? You're the kings and queens of old?" The man was in disbelief.

"High King Peter... the Magnificent." Peter introduces himself and holds out his hand.

I let out a small giggle at his 'official' introduction.

"You probably could have left out the last bit." Susan laughs.

The man chuckles with her "Probably." he says.

"You might be surprised," Peter observes his swords and walks in front of the small man

" Oh, you don't want to do that, boy." the man taunts.

"Not me. Him." Peter motions to Edmund.

"Sure let the second-best swordsmen do it," I fake mock.

"Shut it," Edmund smiles and lightly pushes me.

Peter looks at Edmund who draws his sword and Peter hands his sword to the man. He takes it and then the sword drops in the sand. Edmund smiles at Peter and gives me a wink to say that he's going to win easily. I roll my eyes and try to ignore the butterflies he just gave me with a wink. Suddenly, the man knocks Edmund's sword away and swings. Edmund ducks, and the dwarf hits him in the face and Edmund backs off. 

"Edmund!" Lucy shrieks

 "Aw, you alright?" the man taunts Edmund.

They circle around and continue fighting. Trumpkin slashes at Edmund's feet, but he jumps with both feet off the ground so that the blow goes under him. A few seconds later, the dwarf's sword flies out of his grip. The man stares at Edmun in awe and falls down in the sand. 

"Beards and bedsteads! Maybe that horn worked after all." The man mumbles.

"What horn?" Susan asks, thinking about her own.

***

After that whole thing, I learned the man's name was Trumpkin. He's pretty sassy but funny.

We're currently in a rowboat going across Glasswater the river. As we follow the river I can't help but see all the differences and how much it has changed since the last time I was here.

I find myself thinking of the Beavers and Oreius. I wonder how they must; 've felt to hear that I was missing and they died never knowing what actually happened.

I began to feel sad and my eyes teared up slightly. I quickly wipe them away and focus ahead on the journey.

"They're so still," Lucy notices while looking up at the trees overhead.

"They're trees. What do you expect?" Trumpkin scoffs.

"They used to dance," Lucy says dreamily.

Trumpkin looks at the trees and sighs." It wasn't long after you left that the Telmarines invaded. Those that survived retreated to the woods. And the trees have retreated so deeply inside themselves that no one has heard from them since." 

I began to feel a little guilty. I didn't know that the day we went to the lampost would be the day we were leaving my home. I look down at my hands and mess with them.

Edmund notices this and rests one of his hands on mine giving me a small smile. These smiles at each other became signs that everything was going to be okay.

" I don‟t understand. How could Aslan have let this happen?" Lucy asks out loud.

Trumpkim lets out another scoff. "Aslan? I thought he abandoned us after you lot did."

"We didn't mean to leave, you know," Peter interjects.

"Doesn't make much difference now, does it?"

"Get us to the Narnians and it will," Peter says with a stern voice.

***

We finally reached the shore and climbed out of the boat. Peter gets out and pulls the boat one land while Trumpkin ties the boat down. 

Once I know the boat is stable I get out, but my foot hits the edge of the boat and I trip. Before I hit the ground someone's arms caught me

"Astrea you need to be careful, you don't want to hurt yourself," Peter warns me as he puts me down.

"Thanks, Pete, "I say to him and walk over to where the others are. As I was walking to them Edmund had a scowl on his face.

What's wrong with him?

I ignore his moody behavior.

"Hello there! ... It's alright, we're friends," Lucy says walking over to a random bear.

"Lucy, what are you doing?" I whisper yell at her so the bear doesn't hear.

 The bear stands up and looks at Lucy.

Trumpkin slowly steps towards Lucy. "Don't move, your majesty!" Lucy keeps walking closer to the bear.

Then suddenly the bear starts charging.

I quickly unsheath my sword and run to get Lucy while Susan gets an arrow ready. 

"Stay away from her!" Susan commands the bear while Lucy is running back to us. 

" Susan, shoot!" Edmund tells her.

The bear continues charging and Lucy trips and falls. Lucy screams and I get in front of her to stab the bear. Right before it was about to make a move an arrow sank into its side and I gave the bear and massive cut so it fell over.

I look behind me and see that Trumpkin was the one to fire an arrow and not Susan.

I help Lucy up and she gives me a massive hug.

"Shh, you're alright, you're alright," I try to calm her down.

We break away from the hug and walk to the others who are a little behind us.

" Why wouldn't he stop?" Susan asks Trumpkin.

"I expect he was hungry," he answers. 

Then Peter, Susan, and Edmund ran over to us to meet halfway. Peter takes Lucy and gives me a small smile while holding her as she cries.

"He was wild," I say pointing my sword at the bear.

" I don't think he could talk at all," Peter suggested.

 "Get treated like a dumb animal long enough and that's what you become," Trumpkin says and walks over to the bear to inspect it. " You may find Narnia a more savage place than you remember."

Forgot to post this yesterday, Oh well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356K 10.2K 31
"Wherever we are, Narnia will always be our special place." ALARICE KIRKE's adventure in NARNIA begins after she became friends with the PEVENSIE sib...
200K 5.1K 18
Y/n L/n and Peter Pevensie were best friends. They did everything together. Especially with Peter's younger siblings. The two were the oldest out of...
164K 3.3K 30
A Reader X Edmund Pevensie FanFic starting in the setting of the film Prince Caspian. This will be an ongoing series! I am open to suggestions and re...
213K 6.7K 20
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…πˆπ‘π„π’πŽππ† π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ - 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŽππ„ ❝ "You know, you seemed a lot nicer before you started training us." "We don't have time for...