Drifted Apart ✅

By wangxi1an

How does it feel when the person, you spent your whole childhood with, betrayed you. The person who promised... More

1. "Why would he do all that? "
2. "I'll try my best, papa. "
3. "The Mission Starts"
4. "Sumire's Feelings"
5. "Unaware Kawaki"
6. "Why do I keep dreaming about him? "
7. "What the hell is this? "
8. "Disappearance of Sumire"
9. "Fear And Worry"
10. "All The Pain Behind The Truth"
11. "Guilt"
12. "He Wanted Her"
13. "Let's Go Home"
14. "Realisation Hits Hard"
15. "Yet To Be Completed"
16. "We must defeat him"
17. "The Akuma She Used To Know"
18. "A Chameleon"
19. "I'm home"
20. "The Dragon Mission"
Ayo, No Way!
21. "The Mission Starts"
22. "Lover Boy"
23. "Under The Moon and Stary Sky"
24. "Purple Haired Girl"
25. "Old Days Were Fun"
26. "We Believe In You"
27. "I Was Weak"
28. "I'm sorry"
29. "Blooming Again"
30. "I'm So Proud Of You."

Epilogue. "Another Love To Bloom"

353 5 9
By wangxi1an

A banana haired teen, about fifteen, ran around in the village with some people chasing him around. He had some blue and red paint in his hand and all over himself as well.

"Saruto, stop right there!" One of the jounins, who were chasing him, yelled. The teen, Saruto, didn't listen.

Instead, he signalled someone up in the sky and right after, a huge log fell in the jounins way. Saruto got away from their eyes and met with some kids around his age near a river.

"C'mon, Saruto. You're gonna get scolded by mom." A girl with a whisker birthmark on her cheek sighed.

"Don't worry, Sarah." Saruto grinned which was exactly like Naruto's. "I know you will save me." He winked.

"What a drag..." A girl yawned heavily as she put her blonde hair up in a ponytail that looked more like a pineapple. "You always get us in trouble, Saruto."

"Oh please, Shikaki. Don't start again." Saruto rolled his eyes as he put the paint on the ground.

"Hey! Don't spill it!" The pale guy groaned as he got some paint on himself. He had long orange hair with yellow eyes and thin eye brows with a packet of chips in his hand. His friends admire him because he eats so much but never gets chubby. Chocha, his name is.

"Everyone!" A boy came running towards them with a girl behind him walking normally. "They're coming this way!" The boy panted. "Hide!" Kare, his name.

"Oi, Kiki. Walk faster- no, run! they'll catch you!" A boy, who had purple short hair with sky blue eyes and a whisker-like birthmark on his cheeks, shouted. Inoma.

"I've done nothing wrong. Why should I hide?" The girl said as she shot a glare at everyone. She had black long hair with yellow outlines on them and black eyes. Inoma rolled his eyes and ran.

Everyone found their hiding spots but Kiki remained calm and didn't move an inch. The jounins arrived and surrounded her.

"Found one..." One of the jounins whispered to himself, then raised his voice. "Where are the others?!"

"First things first, I wasn't one of them."

"Doesn't matter, answer!"

"Too loud." She itched in her ear and then looked at the jounins who were still looking at her, asking for the answer. She sighed. "They all went that way." She pointed towards the west and the jounins left.

The little ninjas peeped their heads out of their hiding spots and all of them grinned at Kiki.

"Didn't expect that, ya know!" Saruto grinned as he bumped his shoulder with Kiki's receiving a glare from her.

"You're the eldest of them all. Be responsible a little." Kiki scolded.

"Oh c'mon! Where there is fun, there is no age. I can't even imagine living a life like you do. No fun, no talking to anyone. Why are you like that, huh?"

Kiki sighed. "If the eldest can't be responsible, the second eldest has to." For some reason, Saruto felt his heart beat race when Kiki and him locked eyes.

(we all know the reason... right?)

"Nah- you're the third eldest, Kiki." Sarah grinned as she put her arm around Saruto's shoulder making him land back to earth. He nearly swore he saw stars in Kiki's onyx eyes. "I'm the second- though just two minutes apart from Saruto." Yup, they are twins.

Saruto first looked at Sarah and then back at Kiki. Why was he feeling like that? He's never felt that before.

Then suddenly, Saruto's heart wasn't beating hard because of Kiki in front him. But because he just heard the voice of the woman he fears the most.

"SARUTO! SARAH! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU BOTH?!"

"Oh no!" Saruto and Sarah whispered at the same time. "It's mom!"

***

Saruto sat in front of Sarada with a bump on his head. Sarah was smiling sheepishly under Saruto's glare as she couldn't help him this time. While Boruto was out on his mission.

"You should be at least abit responsible! You're going to be sixteen in a few months!" Sarada scolded.

"C'mon mama! Leave it be, children should have fun, right?" Sarah interrupted clinging to her mom's arm.

"But you both are gonna be sixteen and you still behave like you're six!"

"Then you tell me, when will we have fun? When we will be oldies?"

Saruto felt his eyes sparkle when Sarada sighed. It meant they've won the argument. "Fine. But painting on your own mother's stone face?!"

"That was just for fun! I promise it won't happen again."

***

Sarada was in her cabin when she totally went still. She felt someone's presence behind her. Slowly but consciously, she grabbed her kunai and turned around swiftly only to be met by a pair of eyes that were always bluer than the Seventh's.

A small gasp escaped her mouth as she threw her arms around Boruto who hugged her back. She broke the hug but their arms remained around each other.

"I was going to surprise you and you ruined it." Boruto complained even though he had a soft smile on his face. The smile that was only meant for Sarada and their kids.

"Have to stay on guard, ya know." She giggled. Without warning Boruto leaned in and kissed her gently.

"Lord Ninth- I've got some in... for... ma... tion..." It was Inohima. "Wah! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!"

Boruto and Sarada chuckled.

"Again a purple head..."

***

There was feast held at the Uchiha Household. Kawaki and Sumire came along with Kiki and Mika, their kids. Inojin and Himawari with Inoma. Mitsuki and Chocho with Chocha. Shikadai and Yodo with Shikaki.

"You came back after a long time, shithead." Kawaki spoke as he punched Boruto on his head.

"Hey! It's not like I do that on purpose, airhead!" Boruto whined.

"Oh please, don't start again." Kiki sighed as she went upstairs to the roof. Seems like no one noticed it... except Saruto. Of course, his eyes were on her all the time. How wouldn't he notice?

Sarada was twisting Boruto's ear while Sumire was twisting Kawaki's. "When will you both grow up?!" Sarada yelled.

"Spare them, Sarada and Sumire." Mitsuki said with his creepy smile on.

"You're talking like you aren't scared of your wife." Chocha whispered in Mitsuki's ear receiving a slap on his head by Mitsuki. Though he still had the smile on. "It hurts!"

***

The breeze was cool and the stars shone like there was no end to it. The moon was big and was brighter than it ever had before.

Kiki always loved the moon. She always felt like there was a special history behind it. The way it looked, the way it shone they way it felt, everything. Everything about the moon felt like a mystery to her.

"You really should join family events, ya know." Kiki nearly jumped due to the sudden voice. She quickly turned her face away from the person as it was now pink due to embarrassment.

"It's none of your business." Kiki spoke harshly.

"Of course, it is!" Saruto whined. "We're friends."

"Since when?"

"Don't be like that! It hurts!" Though his was was cheerful, he was truly hurt by those words and Kiki, for some reason, knew it.

Saruto came and stood beside her and stared at the moon. "It's mysterious, right?" He whispered.

To Kiki's surprise, she found herself immediately look at Saruto when she heard his voice crack. Her heart suddenly felt heavy when she saw a tear slip down his face.

"Wha- what happened?" She asked.

"Ha!" He chuckled as he wiped off his tear and turned away. "Nothing. I'm- I'm just too happy that I always get to see everyone together." He chuckled again.

Without Kiki's permission, her hands went to Saruto's face and made him face her as she wiped his tears away. He stared at her with his eyes wider than usual. Of course, she has never done that before.

Surprised by her own act, she quickly took her hands back and fixed her gaze back at the moon. While Saruto stood there, still. His cheeks still feeling the warmth of her hands on them.

He smiled softly unconsciously as he, too, looked at the moon. The moon so mysterious and beautiful; just like Kiki, he thought.

The love story of Sarada and Boruto was completed. But there was yet, another love story to start. Another love to bloom.

THE END

Hope you liked this book.

Take care everybody, Love ya <3❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 1.3K 15
❝ 𝗠𝗮𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗼 𝗱𝗮...𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗼 ❞ After the fourth great ninja war ended, Sasuke was apprehended because of his record as a rogue ninja w...
1.3K 23 18
Remade What if Sarada had a younger brother who was colder than Sasuke. One who went through unbearable trauma. One who forgot what pain feels like. ...
62.7K 1K 11
Boruto and his team goes on a mission and team up with a new Girl who take a great interest on Boruto, much to Sarada's deslike.What will happen??? S...
16.1K 417 7
In the aftermath of a war that left the great nations trembling, people are learning to live again. But is it that easy? After a series of denials an...