Tempting me

By NATSNOTGAY

Natalie Wilson. Star Hockey Center and Captain for the WestHampton Warriors. She's had a crush on Scarlett Sa... More

CAST
Watching
Dad
All hail football
Gabriella
Senior night
That's disgusting
Live
Olivia
MORE CAST
Come Over
I could feel it
Dinner
Pictures
She's dated boys
Endless Chicken Baskets
Juice Box
The Roof
Girlfriend
Henry
The Stars
Get Out
Merry Christmas?
No One Knows
That Wasn't About A stupid Hit
The Time To Be Alive
I love you
Epilogue
AYEEE

Scarlett fucking Santoro

49.6K 636 889
By NATSNOTGAY

"I hate that bitch with all my heart."

Sydney looked at me from the drivers seat, worry written all of her face.

She's been my closest, bestest, most supportive friend since we were in kindergarten. Her mom was our teacher and that's how we became close. She knows all of my secrets, all of problems, all of my everything. And I know everything about her as well.

She's basically my sister.

So when I get in her car at 7 am already bitching about something my dad's done, she knows it's been a rough morning.

"You're almost out." She pat my back, "How about we get coffee on the way? A refreshing drink for the first day of school?"

I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at her. How can someone be so nice and chipper in the mornings? "Fine." I stared out the front window, wondering why God was punishing me.

Maybe I was a horrible person in my past life.

Yeah, that is the only logical explanation.

I was a horrible person who killed millions and millions of innocent people and now God's punishing me.

"What did he say to you this morning."

"Called me a freak." I mumbled, just loud enough for her to hear. Talking about the things that monstruous man says to me is never easy. It's never been easy to talk about.

"Okay." She pulled into the only parking space left at Franny's Café. Then she looked at me, a stone cold look on her face, "What else? Because if it was just that, you wouldn't already be in a mood."

I looked at my shoes. White converse. I have 12 different pairs of converse. They're my most favorite shoes. The white ones go really well with the Waterparks shirt I'm wearing. I love this band, so when Mr. Wyatt gave me tickets for my birthday, I was thrilled. Yoda and Sydney went with me. It was a night to remember.

"Natalie." She took my hands in her own, "Please talk to me."

I can't look at her when I say this. I'll cry. And I'll ruin my makeup. And then I'll cry because I ruined my makeup. "As soon as I woke up, he was screaming. Telling me I was gonna be late and he needs me out of the house before he leaves because he doesn't trust me." I sighed and played with the bracelet on her wrist. We have matching ones. "And an hour later, I'm dressed. Ready to go. And he's mad about my outfit because it's all black." I shook my head and looked at the Nike shorts I was wearing. "It's not a bad outfit you know? It's all black, yeah, but it's kinda good."

"I like it." She squeezed my hand, "What happened next?"

"He told me my mother would have disapproved of the outfit. That I'm such a disappointment to him and to her." I shook my head again, as if that would shake the tears away, "And I snapped back and said he was being an asshole." I scoffed, "Big mistake. He said if he was being an asshole to me, I'd start thinking of ways to kill myself or start carving up my legs again."

I am just glad he doesn't talk to Malachi like that.

How can he when he sent him to a fucking boarding school. He was supposed to come back for his freshman year but...

"Oh Natalie." She pulled me into her arms across the middle section of her jeep. She stroked my hair, "My mom would be okay with you staying with us tonight if you want?" She pulled away, "I can't imagine his temper will be gone by the time you get home."

"Are you sure they'd be okay with that?" I finally looked at her.

She smiled, "You already have a room there. I'm surprised you haven't moved in already."

I pushed her shoulder playfully, "That's because your brother has a big crush on me."

"Too bad you're gay." She shrugged.

"Too bad he's 14." I sighed as if it was a true tragedy.

She pulled the keys out of the ignition and looked at me again, "I'm sorry your dad is such a dick. You know the things he said aren't true and I know I don't have to remind you of that, but in case you were doubting yourself," She waited until I met her eyes, "You are an amazing, wonderful, beautiful human being."

"Thank you Syd." I could cry right now.

She opened her door, "Now, let's get coffee before the school rush gets in there."

It took us 20 minutes to get our coffee and finally get to school. Yoda was mad we made him wait so long was cheered up as soon as Sydney gave him her look and handed him the rest of her iced mocha latte.

"So," He leaned on his locker. Which was right next to mine. Which was right next to Sydney's. Because that's how we requested it for senior year. "We all have Moreno again for homeroom?"

I nodded and took my extra folders out of my backpack, putting them on the lowest level of the full sized locker. "I have advanced writing after that."

Sydney's smile brightened, "With Welch?"

"Of course." I looked at her, "You have her too I assume?"

"Yes, for my first period."

I smiled at her and put on my best british accent, "Excellent."

"I do not have advanced writing, I have sports performance."

"Sweaty class first thing in the morning?" I shook my head at the redhead boy, "You made a mistake Lannister."

He sighed, "Do you guys have English for second? With Jacobsen?"

"Yeah." Sydney looked at me.

I looked at my schedule in my backpack, "Show me your schedules."

They took a second to get them out of their lockers, because they obviously already memorized them like the nerds they are.

"Oh okay." I nodded, looking at the three pieces of paper, "Our only different classes are 1st and 7th." Sydney and I are in every single class together. Our last names are so close together, that's how it usually works out.

Homeroom with Moreno for fifteen minutes. Basically a class to chitchat and finish any last minute assignments first thing in the morning. And Mrs. Moreno is one of the best teachers here. She's in my top three. Second place. She's also the writing teacher so Syd and I just stay in there for first period.

Then we have English with Mr. Jacobsen. He's a dick. He teaches English 3 as well so we had him last year. He's old, lonely, and smells like broccoli.

Third period is basic. AP Statistics. We're with the freakishly smart group of kids. I took geometry freshman year and decided it was too easy. I took calculus sophomore year. And trig in junior year. Math comes easy.

Fourth period is our study hall. We have off campus passes so we can leave if we wanted. Which, we want to.

Right after fourth period is our lunch. Which again, we can leave if we want to but we have to be back 10 minutes before the bell or we'll be in trouble and get detention or something. I don't know, we usually eat lunch here with our other friends.

Fifth is Physics. I'm not science smart. I am good at every other subject except for science. Sydney is good at Math and English. And Yoda is just a genius who knows the answer before the teacher.

Sixth is Governmental sciences with my favorite teacher, Mr. Whittaker. He's also my hockey coach. Nicest guy you will ever meet. Coach W. Literally.

Seventh period is when I have sports performance. It's in the weight room and all you do is workout for an hour. I love it because we blast music in there. And no one judges. It's a very supportive class.

"Hey Natalie." Oh God.

I turned away from my friends and their papers. Mobius Tucker has been asking me out since 8th grade. Sure, he's dated plenty of girls. He's the on the football team. I just don't understand his infatuation with me. Maybe because I always turn him down.

He needs to get the hint already.

"We're gonna go grab a drink from the vending machine." Sydney smiled at him. In a polite, I don't want to see you get let down again kind of way. Then they walked away.

"Hi Mobius. It's the first day of school, you don't need help with your homework already do you?"

He smiled his famous smile every other girl in this prison would drool over, "Actually, I am here to speak to the hockey captain. As the football captain."

Someone please cut off my ears. "What's up?"

"We were wondering if the girls hockey team would let us use the rink just for today's practice? You can say no but we thought it woukd be fun to skate instead of drills today."

I looked behind him at the other football players. They're a group of idiotic buff guys that are going to get football scholarships to colleges no one cares about where they'll become drunk frat boys. Then they'll work for their father's construction companies who visit the school once a month to revisit their glory days.

I smiled at the thought, knowing I am going to make it out of here and get far away from those assholes, "Yeah that won't be a problem. We only have a team meeting anyways."

"Cool, I'll owe you one."

"You can repay it by giving us the stadium field on Saturday for tryouts?" I gave him my most flirtatious smile. Because he likes me and he will think I'm finally giving in.

I'm gay dude.

He smiled back, "I will see what I can do." He started to walk away but then immediately turned back around, "I know I have been asking you out forever, but do you want to go to a party this Friday? As friends." He ran his hand through his already messy hair, "I finally understand that we play for the same team."

I looked between his eyes, genuinely surprised. Junior year Mobius would never say something like that. One summer in Florida and he's already mature. And he's aware that I like girls.

And he hasn't told everyone else.

"I think I'd like that." I nodded, "After the football game? As friends?"

"Yes after the football game." His smile brightened, "Can I have your number. Again, in a completely friendly way."

I nodded, unsure if I trust it but pretty content with the way he was approaching this.

We talked for another moment after I gave him my number. He texted me a pineapple emoji and that's when I realized we should've been friends all along.

Then we walked to homeroom because we couldn't wait for Sydney or Yoda to get back. They're both decently popular so I guess they ran into people in the halls they had to talk to.

"Aren't your football buddies gonna be upset since you didn't go back over there before the bell?"

He shook his head, "They think I just got your phone number because we're going on a date." He slumped in his seat.

I rolled my eyes. Boys are stupid.

"But I think I'd rather us be friends. I'm hoping once we get closer, you can help me through some things." He pulled out his phone and shot a quick text before looking up at me, "What do you think about Jayla Pirelli?"

No way he's asking me about girls right now. I like this new version of Mobius. "She's okay. I'm not really into redheads."

"Hmm." He nodded, putting his finger on his chin as if he was deep in thought. "Jessica Langdon?"

"Too tall." I shook my head. Also too racist for my liking. But sure, she has a nice face.

"What are we talking about over here?" Sydney plopped herself in the empty chair next to me with no Yoda but a Sunkist in her hand.

"Girls." I checked my watch. 2 minutes before the first bell. "Mobius is in our homeroom this year. And we're friends now."

Sydney's eyebrows shot up, "Did not see that coming." She put the drink in her backpack.

"Katherine Holiday." He smirked at me as if he'd finally figured out the perfect one for me.

"Kitty?" I scoffed, "She's on my team! No way."

He grumbled something I couldn't catch under his breath. Then his smile brightened as if he just thought of something hilarious, "Scarlett Santoro." and

The color drained from my face. I could feel it. He could see it. And Sydney laughed.

"No." He looked down at me. "No!" He laughed and jumped up and down, "No. You can't like her. Her dad's like super religious dude. And her mom is like mega crazy." He groaned, "And her brother is a total dickhead."

Mobius is right about Chip.

Sydney rolled her eyes, "Scarlett is a bitch and Natalie has had a thing for her for like ever."

I glared at my best friend, "Syd!"

"I can't blame you. She's hot." He nodded approvingly, "But if she found out you liked her she'd probably like, find your school email and send you a bunch of conversion therapy."

Sydney snorted, "Or she'd throw bibles at you."

They both burst out laughing and I could feel hot red my face was getting.

Michael strolled in the room right as the bell rang, noticing the giggling and immediately frowning, "I've missed all the fun."

"Your fault for being late." I crossed my arms, ignoring the two idiots seated at my sides.

________

The day has gone by so painfully slow. Ice breakers and syllabus' and get to know you's. God I could die right here.

I thank the lord that it is finally seventh period.

Mobius has homeroom, government sciences, and sports performance with me. Which is nice considering we're friends now.

It's like, as soon as he got past that crush, we finally clicked.

He's so funny and genuine.

And I could always use more genuine guy friends.

Kitty is in my statistics class. She's math and science smart. She wants to be an astrophysicist if her hockey career doesn't work out.

Scarlett Santoro is in my English, Physics, and Governmental sciences class.

Mobius was giving me hell last period because she and I sit next to each other.

Which is hell might I add. Having to watch her perfect little hand writing on her perfect pink paper. Having to smell her heavenly perfume. She smells expensive. Having to be around her stupid silky blonde hair.

He was wiggling his eyebrows the entire time.

"Y'know, I don't appreciate your new found knowledge of my sexuality." I leaned on the wall and started my calf stretches. "Because you're too comfortable with it already."

"What?" He raised his eyebrows, a smirk appearing on his face, "Should I take time to get used to it? I mean, you're not all that different from me and love is love and whatever."

Sydney finally came out of the girls locker room, "Are we benching today?" She looked at me stretching on the wall.

"Eh." I shrugged, "We could do squats?"

"Rock, paper, scissors?" She smiled.

I rolled my eyes, "No. We'll bench."

"Yes." She pumped her arms in the air and spun around.

I took Sydney to my gym a few weeks ago and now she's almost as addicted as me.

Though, her max is 90. Mine is 210.

But I've been doing it since I was in 6th grade.

Mobius went over with his football buddies and did the workout their coach asked them to. Sydney and I headed to the weight rack and loaded 30 on the 15 pound bar.

"Ready?" I looked down at her making sure she was actually prepared.

She set her feet and positioned herself under the bar, making sure her grip was right. "Do I looked ready?"

I examined her form, "Arch you back more."

She snickered then did what I said.

"Alright. Ready when you are."

She breathed in and out and lifted the bar, slowly bringing it down to her chest while breathing in slowly.

JUST LIKE I SHOWED HER!

I am a proud best friend right now.

She lifted it back up breathing out.

She did that seven more times before racking the bar and sitting up, "God! I love that."

"Wanna keep going?"

She shook her head, "You can go now. I know I took too long in the locker room and you want to get your official set in."

I smiled at her and put 35 more on the bar. As I said before, my max is 210. I did one rep eight weeks ago when Michael dared me to keep going. When I'm lifting on my own, I only do 90 because I know after a while I will get tired. When I have a spotter, I do 150.

I repeated the same steps she did but at a faster pace because I've used to it.

Slowly, I took the bar off the rack and did 12 reps.

"You're literally so impressive."

"Shut up. It's gonna go to my head." I took a few deep breaths and lifted the bar again, doing 12 more reps.

I did that 4 more times and finally decided that was enough or I might die.

Then Coach Lincoln blew his whistle, "Go hit the showers. Bell rings in 10."

I wiped my face off with the tiny white towels they give us for sweat. They wash them every night.

Mobius caught my arm before I went into the locker room, pulling me into him so he could whisper in my ear, "Notice that Scarlett is in this class."

I hadn't noticed actually.

She must have gone outside with the other cheerleaders.

"She was eyeing you and Sydney when you walked in. And now she's staring right at us so follow my lead." He smiled widely and pulled away, "Can't wait to see you on Friday, Nat." He winked and nodded behind me.

I love Mobius right now, "See you after practice, Mo."

I turned around and almost walked into the locker room. But I decided I would hold the door open for Scarlett.

"Thank you." She barely spoke above a whisper. But she thanked me.

"I'm happy you and Mobius are friends now," Sydney was wrapped in a towel when I finally got into the locker room.

"Me too honestly." I took out my shower caddy, "Can I come over to your house after my team meeting?"

"Yeah. Mom's making spaghetti so grab something on the way over." She knows I hate spaghetti.

I went into the showers and noticed most of the girls were already done. There's only about 7 of us in this class so it makes sense.

I hurriedly washed my hair and put it in a french braid to keep it out of my . Then I moved on to my body, making sure I scrubbed every inch of that smelly weight room off of me.

I got out of the shower and most of the girls were either gone or finishing getting dressed.

I put my caddy in the small red locker and pulled out my change of clothes. An old hockey shirt and small adidas shorts. Not practice clothes because it's just a meeting today.

I was halfway dressed when the bell rang.

"Shit." I looked at my phone before I moved on to my shoes and socks.

Mobius, Sydney, Yoda. Those were the only messages I could see as the rest of them were hidden behind my phone being on DND.

I groaned and put my shoes and socks on.

I was replying to Yoda's message not paying attention to where I was going when I ran straight into an open locker, falling on my ass, clutching my hurting nose.

"Holy shit! I am so sorry." A sweet, angelic voice came from above me. Her northern voice stronger than my own.

I can't have died from walking into a locker right?

No no no.

"Oh my God you're bleeding!" She leaned down and put a pink cloth under my nose. Which was now throbbing like a bitch.

I finally looked up at the person who's locker is making me late for a team meeting.

Scarlett fucking Santoro.

"It's okay Scarlett, I don't want to ruin your..." I looked at the cloth, which looked like her shirt. Then I looked at her.

No shirt.

I felt my face get hot and quickly closed my eyes.

"Oh God. It's worse than I thought. Your face is, like, really red. And you closed your eyes." She sounds panicked, "Are you gonna pass out? Please don't pass out."

It is worse than you thought, Scarlett. I have a terrible case of lust.

I opened my eyes and remembered to finally lean my head back, "I'm fine. Sorry to ruin your shirt."

"No it's okay." She squeezed my arm and I became all to aware that she's half naked, kneeling next to me on the floor, touching my bicep. "Wow. You really do work out a lot."

"What?" I looked at her again, more confused than ever.

She shook her head, "Nothing. Should we get you to the nurse? Oh she's probably gone." She closed her eyes, "And I have no clothes."

I pulled the shirt away from my nose and tried to tell if the bleeding stopped.

It had.

"Well," I inspected the blood soaked blouse, "I have an extra hoodie in my locker if you feel like wearing something with Wilson on the back."

"I couldn't-" She looked down at the shirt in my hands, "If you don't mind." I started to stand up and her arms grabbed me again, "Slow, Natalie. You could have like brain damage or something."

It's not brain damage making me unable to function right now, it's the fact that if I looked down, I could see your nipples through your bra, Scarlett.

"I'm okay. Really." I looked at my watch, "For now. I've missed the meeting and coach is gonna have my ass."

She put her hand on her forehead, "I am so sorry."

"I ran into your locker." I quickly opened my locker and picked up the white shirt, deciding it would match her blue shorts the best.

"Yeah but I swung it open." She put the hoodie on and looked at me again, "Are you sure you're okay."

"Yeah but now..." I took my phone out of my pocket. One text from Kitty: You're not here so I assume you caught a ride with Syd. See you tmr xx. "I have to walk to Sydney's house."

"Oh nonsense!" She put her hand on my shoulder, squeezing slightly before letting go, "I'll drive you. I'm sure it's not far from my place."

I stared at her.

Mere hours ago, Mobius was making fun of me for this crush. We sat at lunch and they were all teasing me about never going to talk to her.

And now here I am.

Getting offered a ride.

After lusting over her without a shirt on.

Maybe I do have brain damage.

"It's the least I can do for that whole thing just then." She smiled sweetly at me.

Hell, I'd be a fool to turn her down. "I think I'll take you up on that."

Her smile brightened, "Cool. I'll grab my bag."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 2.8K 20
Natalie Ross has a lot of things to be known for at school; being student body president, being a softball superstar, or even the way she is able to...
123K 3.6K 40
The story of Y/n Stark who goes to a party and meets two beautiful women ๐Ÿ˜Œ (+18, mature content) Wanda x Nat x fem reader The characters don't belon...
132K 2.6K 64
Riley Sawyer... Shes that girl that everyone knows but isn't a close friend to anyone. She's known to be bisexual as she dated both girls and boys. W...
89K 4.1K 31
There are many things Francesca Russo has that Maya Scott doesn't. But there's one in particular: Confidence. Maya Scott. Some may consider her a d...