Kiss the Girl

Por AngelDaelCruz

Kristina moves into New York with hopes that she can start over again, moving from city to city to escape fro... Más

Chapter 1 "THE BAR"
Chapter 2 "Jessie"
Chapter 3 "Fragments"
Chapter 4 "Blue Eyes"
Chapter 5
Author's Note: 100 Reads :)
Chapter 6 "BREAKFAST"
Chapter 7 "RAIN CHECK"
Chapter 8 "THE SONG"
Chapter 9 "THE 22ND STREET"
Chapter 10 "CONFUSION"
Chapter 11 "SUDDENLY"
Chapter 12 "RED VELVET"
Chapter 13 "THE COMING OUT PARTY"
Chapter 14 "THE MIRROR, THE SIGN AND A HERO"
Chapter 15 "STAINED GLASS"
Chapter 16 "One Step Closer Part 1"
Chapter 17 "One Step Closer Part 2"
Chapter 18 "Sí"
Chapter 19 "Falling Slowly"
Chapter 20 "BURLESQUE"
Chapter 21 "I dropped my bagel"
Chapter 22 "Dreamscape"
Chapter 23 "MISTAKEN IDENTITY"
Chapter 24 "Think Of Me"
Chapter 25 " A Christmas Carol"
Chapter 26 "Doubt"
Chapter 27 "Christine, I love you"
Chapter 28 "Giving Up"
Chapter 30 "Opening Up Wounds"
Chapter 31 "A Girl Named Zita"
Chapter 32 "Be Brave"
Chapter 33 "Cut and Run"
Chapter 34 "Devil Take the Hindmost"
Chapter 35 "My Salvation"
Chapter 36 "Wise Men Say..."
Chapter 37 "Break It To Me Gently"
Chapter 38 "The Wedding"
Author's Note
Author's note

Chapter 29 "Stranger"

4.3K 220 19
Por AngelDaelCruz

(Kristina's POV)

Three days had passed since Jessie and I broke up. I don't really know if it's a break up or something but we weren't speaking to one another. Though she called me once or twice but I was too stubborn to answer. Bite me! Good thing it's also Lizzy's day-off 'cause I accompanied Mama on the airport this morning going back to California which means I'm on my own again.

Of course, rumors of my break up spread like a disease to my dear, dear colleagues and they can't stop talking about it. Whoopie! A lot of let's say 'admirers' already asked me out and the first in line was Madison. *Sigh* Madison, Madison, Madison... What am I to do with you? You're just like Jessie when she first asked me out. Very persistent I might add. F*ck! I said Jessie's name again...Oh wait! I said it again. Ugh!

"Admit it. You miss her." Said Lizzy with a smirk.

Oh shut up, Lizzy! You know nothing! I don't miss her and I never probably will. Liar! Go ahead, Kristina... make yourself believe a despicable lie.

Suddenly, someone's phone rang and its ringtone is "To be with you". It's the song that Jessie sang to me when she last asked me out and she took me to Coney Island. I muttered as I slump my head on the table.

"Just call her already. Geez!" said Lizzy.

I looked up with hair strands covering my face and said, "De ninguna manera!" I brushed my hair using my hands as I released a sigh.

"There you are with your Spanish language again. Did you know I have to buy a Spanish to English dictionary just to keep up with your words? What does that even mean, Rodriguez?? I can't find it on my dictionary." asked Lizzy emphasizing the 'r'.

"No dire."

"Shut up..." said Lizzy annoyed with my Spanish words. "Why don't we just enjoy our day-off and-"

I groaned and slumped my head on the table again.

"-or we could just stay here and be miserable." She crossed her arms as she raise her left leg placing it on top of another chair beside her.

We were at an outdoor table of a coffee shop and yes we look pathetic.

I glared at my cup and saw my name written on it and it was spelled wrong. I'm now called Christinna. Wow... Double 'n' with a 'Ch'. Classic.

I was keeping myself pre-occupied with things and I think it's working. It's a good thing, I guess.

"Oh my God!" said Lizzy giving a small gasp as she tugs my shirt.

I looked up, "What?" I said in a sluggish way. She was pointing at something or someone but I can't make anything out of it. I narrowed my vision even more. Right then and there, I saw them.

I immediately went into panic mode and stood up grabbing Lizzy's hands as we start a game of tug-of-war, "Oh my God! Let's get out of here."

Lizzy pushed me down to my chair and said, "Sit down! You're making a scene."

Wow, she's strong...

"Don't you want to go shopping? I know a place where we can-"

Lizzy placed her index finger on my lips, "Shhh... quiet! Hmm... I wonder what they are talking about."

We lowered our heads as we spied on AJ and Sam across the street. Of all the streets they have to be in... it has to be this street! Why God? Why?

"I don't think we should be spying on them." I whispered to Lizzy.

"What the f-?? They're coming this way! Oh sh*t! This is your fault, Kristina! We're totally screwed! I wanna strangle you right now!"

Yep, we are making a scene alright. Definitely, everybody's looking at us right now.

When AJ and Sam stepped into the gate of the coffee shop we suddenly went into stealth mode. By that, I mean we pretended to browse through our phones. We are so damn obvious. My hands were shaking. Lizzy, on the other hand, was pretending to laugh at something that she saw on her phone. Believe me... she looks weird. It's not like her at all. Usually on situations like this, she maintains her posture and just look at a person with her signature 'resting b*tch face'. But now... look at her. She looks like a fool.

"Hi, Lizzy..."

We both looked up and Sam was standing in front of us.

"Can we talk?"

I glanced over at Lizzy and she was just staring at her then she looked away and said, "No."

"Please?" insisted Sam drawing her hands together as if she was to kneel down for a prayer.

Lizzy smirked and looked at Sam sharply. "What is there to talk about, Parker? The last time I checked we were no longer friends."

Sam sat down on another chair that was beside me. AJ is nowhere to be found. F*ck! My eyes are now wondering. My anxiety levels are rising as I keep looking for her. Where are you?

"Amm... Kristina?" called out Sam.

I snapped out.

"Yes?"

"Could you please give Lizzy and me some time to talk?"

Without a second thought I quickly stood up but Lizzy suddenly grabbed my hand.

"She's staying here. Sit down, Kristina" Said Lizzy fiercely.

I sat down.

"But this is between you and me. We don't need to involve her." Sam rebutted.

I stood up again.

"Who do you think you are giving orders to other people?" Said Lizzy losing patience.

I sat down again.

"Look, Lizzy... I just want to have a private conversation with you..." Sam's voice soften as she pleads to Lizzy.

I stood up again

"Amm... maybe I'll just sit on another-"

"No, Kristina. You're staying here." Said Lizzy giving me the signal to stay put.

"Fine. At least give me a chance to say what I wanted to say." Sam conceded and I finally sat down. But this is going to be intense.

"Go ahead." Lizzy made a gesture using her hand making Sam talk first.

Sam closed her eyes as if she were to make a graduation speech. She breathe in and out then she opened her eyes.

"Lizzy, I'm sorry."

We paused for a good ten seconds as we waited for the next thing Sam would say.

She released a sigh and said, "That's it."

What the hell?

Lizzy's jaw dropped. "That was it? What the f*ck was that? 'I'm sorry'? That's all you have to say after all this time? Just a stupid sorry? I wasn't worth a grand speech, huh, Samantha? Wow!" Lizzy shook her head while showing off a smirk. "We were best friends since we were in high school and this all I get from you? A sorry a** snobbish celebrity wannabe! You know what? I feel sorry for you! Heck, I feel sorry for AJ for wasting her time on you! You think you're so special? Look at yourself! Look what you've become. What happened to the Sam that we used to know? Was she fake? And this is the real Sam that I'm seeing right now?"

"Lizzy, we could still be friends..."

"Why would I want to be friends with you? Honestly, I looked up to you. I treated you like my sister but you just left me without saying a word. We were supposed to be in this together, right?"

"We still are..."

"Tell me, Sam. What happened to you? You get to have a bit of a lime light and you turned into this? You hurt me... and I thought you were coming back for me. I waited for you till my eyes turned white! You didn't call, you didn't emailed me... you just disappeared... Oh and don't get me started on what you did to AJ."

Sam reached for Lizzy but she didn't permitted her, "Lizzy... please... I know an agent that could help you with your acting career."

"F*ck it, Sam! You think I need that sh*t? And what? I'll be like you? No way... spare me the drama. I have my own plans." Lizzy gritted her teeth as if to stop herself from crying, "The Sam that I used to know is no longer here and this person that's in front of me right now is a stranger. The way I pictured us in the future was not like this... but I guess I'll have to accept it. You changed and so did I."

"What can I do to make it up to you?"

Lizzy stood up and made one last look at Sam. "Leave... and don't ever come back." Then she walked away.

I grabbed Lizzy's things as I stood up to follow her. "Lizzy, wait!"

Suddenly, Sam called out my name. I looked back and saw her holding a necklace and she was handing it to me. "This was supposed to be our friendship necklace. I had another one made for myself. I was gonna give it to her on her birthday but I never had the chance. I always put inside my bag just in case I bumped into her or something. Please give it to her. When she's ready to forgive me... I'll be right there running towards her."

I reached out my hand as she places the necklace on my palm and closes it. I gave her half of my smile and finally went on my way to follow Lizzy.

Later on, I caught up with Lizzy and gave her the necklace. She burst into tears as I give her a hug and a soft pat on the back.

"Just let it all out. It will be okay." I said as I comfort Lizzy.

"Shut up, Rodriguez! I'm not crying..."

And she's back to her old self. I smiled a little bit as I run my hands through her hair.

"Don't do that... I might have a crush on you and I'll ask you out." her voice cracking with sobs.

"It's okay. C'mon let's go shopping."

Later on, when I got home, I quickly took a shower, made my dinner, watched a movie on my laptop as I ate my dinner, then jump onto my bed and checked my phone for messages. I can see here that I missed a call from Jessie at 3:15pm... She never called again. But she sent a text message. When I opened the text, my eyes suddenly widen with fear and disbelief. It wasn't from Jessie.

No... Oh God!

I stood up and closed the curtains of the apartment and I made sure I locked the door. God help me! I'm having a panic attack. A tear dropped to my cheek as I looked at the text message again and it says,

"I know where you are."

TO BE CONTINUED.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

165K 5.9K 23
In life, there are many firsts. A first kiss. A first love. A first heartbreak. I, Sam, would like to share all of that with you, my life story. My l...
1.8K 109 35
She moved all the way from Maine to a small town in Nebraska just as her senior year began. Thankfully, she managed to make two friends on her first...
137K 3.5K 51
• highest rating • #7 in wlw #1 in sapphic #3 in bisexual "Eden- you're not getting my point." She moved closer and glanced to my lips, she gulped an...
41.7K 1.2K 32
| COMPLETED | 𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙮 {𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝} As model and influencer...