ALPHA | BTS FANFICTION

By BangtanArmies

SURVIVAL SEASON 2. [TEASER AVAILABLE] PLEASE READ SURVIVAL PART 1 BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THIS STORY!!! More

ALPHA
Alpha - Blooming Flowers - Chapter 1
Alpha - Phone Number - Chapter 2
Alpha - Aftertaste - Chapter 3
Alpha - Squabble - Chapter 4
Alpha - Checkmate - Chapter 5
Alpha - Adult Love - Chapter 6
Alpha - The Riddle - Chapter 7
Alpha - Mind Games - Chapter 8
Alpha - The Protagonist - Chapter 9
Alpha - Carrot Cake - Chapter 10
Alpha - The Corset - Chapter 11
Alpha - Dark Flames - Chapter 12
Alpha - Midnight Rain - Chapter 13
Alpha - The Pervert - Chapter 14
Alpha - Hot SSAM - Chapter 15
Alpha - Poisonous Prick - Chapter 16
Alpha - The Wilderness - Chapter 17
Alpha - Problematic Man - Chapter 18
Alpha - First Blood - Chapter 19
Alpha - Poisonous Intimacy - Chapter 20
Alpha - Fair Trade - Chapter 21
Alpha - Silent Killer - Chapter 22
Alpha - Unscratched - Chapter 23
Alpha - A Goddess - Chapter 24
Alpha - Wild Card - Chapter 25
Alpha - Murder Trial - Chapter 26
Alpha - Beautiful Woman - Chapter 27
Alpha - Parallel Lines - Chapter 28
Alpha - Glass Heart - Chapter 29
Alpha - The Curse - Chapter 30
Alpha - Double Edged - Chapter 31
Alpha - Creams & Crumbs - Chapter 32
Alpha - Cursed Child - Chapter 33
Alpha - Lone Wolf - Chapter 34
Alpha - Blood Thirst - Chapter 36
Alpha - A Snowflake - Chapter 37
Alpha - Light & Shadow - Chapter 38
Alpha - Inner Warmth - Chapter 39
Alpha - Invisible Bruises - Chapter 40
Alpha - Counter Attack - Chapter 41
Alpha - The Prophecy - Chapter 42
Alpha - Death Angel - Chapter 43
Alpha - Divine Offering - Chapter 44
Alpha - Red Petals - Chapter 45
Alpha - Cotton Candy - Chapter 46
Alpha - Cruel World - Chapter 47
Alpha - The Untamed - Chapter 48
Alpha - A Mother's Sacrifice - Chapter 49
Alpha - Love Greed - Chapter 50
Alpha - Our Fairytale - Chapter 51
Alpha - Translucent Porcelain - Chapter 52
Alpha - The Apocalypse - Chapter 53
Alpha - Child Support - Chapter 54
Alpha - Power Burden - Chapter 55
Alpha - Everlasting Legacy - Chapter 56
Alpha - Winter Storm - Chapter 57
Alpha - White Lies - Chapter 58
Alpha - Backup Plan - Chapter 59
Alpha - Souls Ascension - Chapter 60
Alpha - Blue and Grey - Chapter 61
Alpha - Autumn Leaves - Chapter 62
Alpha - Love Debt - Chapter 63
Alpha - Winter Breath - Chapter 64
Alpha - Love Affairs - Chapter 65
Alpha - Internal Wounds - Chapter 66
Alpha - Cursed Flame - Chapter 67
Alpha - Predator & Prey - Chapter 68
Alpha - Disgraceful Existence - Chapter 69
Alpha - Our Love Story - Chapter 70
BONUS CHAPTER - PART 1
BONUS CHAPTER - PART 2
BONUS CHAPTER - PART 3
BONUS CHAPTER - PART 4 (FINAL)

Alpha - Fire Bird - Chapter 35

259 18 87
By BangtanArmies

Sora's POV

A slight movement brushed against my cold toes beneath the warm sheet as the person adjusted their posture on the mattress. The slight disturbance, ultimately stirring me awake from the deep sleep. I didn't open my eyes right away as I sought solace from the soft pillow until my clouded senses returned to my shell.

I curled my freezing toes, slipping them deep under the blanket to keep out the uncomfortable chills, and coiled under the soothing heat until I felt an arm slipping under my neck, cushioning my head. I didn't open my eyes as the man shifted over the mattress to hug me from behind, gently pressing his soft pants against my ear. My mind was still numb from the tiresome intimacy, so I remained motionless within his embrace. The memories from the previous night are still vivid, but I didn't want to recall the steamy moments between us.

Kim Seokjin breathed softly against my earlobe as he tenderly rubbed my bare shoulder with his thumb in a circular motion to offer his limitless comfort. Still, I didn't respond to his touch over my bare skin, and snuggled against the pillow, facing away from Seokjin as he rested with his sturdy torso pressed against my bare back. In response to my unresponsiveness, he gently tugged my waist with one hand to hold my body against his pulsating chest while linking his fingers with mine.

"Why is your body so cold?" Seokjin hoarsely muttered as he held me within the domain of his warmth. I am always cold. Externally and internally. I always rely on another person's warmth to balance out my body temperature.

A soul... deprived of warmth. It's a curse.

I didn't respond and lay on the mattress, calmly inhaling and exhaling without addressing his concern. Seokjin sighed at my muteness and lifted his hand off my bare stomach to run his fingers through my hair, gently playing with the loose strands. I hoped he'd give up and leave my side, but Kim Seokjin persistently fed me his warmth without shifting away and remained on the bed. He'd weave his fingers through my hair to soothe my scalp, graze my sensitive skin with his fingertips, and breathe softly against my ear to remind me of his presence. I remained hushed for about ten minutes, yet Seokjin didn't seem to take the hint, so I finally opened my eyes to greet the morning lights.

The room is gloomy. I glanced at the dark sky over the city view. There's another rainstorm...? I stared at the cloudy atmosphere from the bed as I lay motionless in my former lover's embrace. Seokjin lifted his head after a while and leaned over to check on me after I refused to acknowledge him. The alpha paused once he realized I was awake, so I glanced at him with a weak smile and finally rolled over.

He gently rubbed my cheek as I hugged his firm hips under the sheet to absorb his warmth. I'm like a ghost... sucking the warmth out of people to relieve my chronic shivers. Seokjin sleepily leaned forward over the pillow, attempting to press his lips against mine, but I cupped his firm jaw to hold him back just before his lips met mine. He paused, panting softly against my face with his eyes closed at my unexpected objection. The alpha unsurely scanned my face to question my withdrawn reaction.

"Are you sober?" I asked, gently rubbing his cheeks with my thumbs. Seokjin glanced down at my lips and tried to lean forward without answering me, but I stubbornly held his face between my cold palms. The alpha didn't flinch at my cold touch. It's as if he was immune to the icy pricks. Seokjin let out a faint sigh and drew my body toward his torso to press his pulsating chest against my perky breasts beneath the sheet. Thump... Thump...

We stared at each other within the noiseless room as he faintly panted against my chest. I can feel his heartbeat. It's steady and calm. He held onto my hand to withdraw my grips from his face and tilted his face downward to rest his soft lips on mine, stubbornly inviting me with his love strokes until I gave in to the passionate kiss.

I softly panted as he brushed my lips with the moisture of his lips, carefully sliding his hand under my head to tug my head closer to his face as he leaned his heavy shoulders over my body to deepen the kiss between our damp lips.

Seokjin isn't forceful, but he's very assertive. He'd never place me in an uncomfortable situation, even if I'm reluctant to his requests. The alpha has his ways. A slight touch. A gentle nudge. A silent request is all that's needed... to leave the addictive aftertaste on my tongue. I weakly held onto his broad shoulder as he held me captive beneath his body, kissing me in a slow rhythm and leaving just enough breaks for me to catch my breath between each caress.

The alpha inhaled deeply, finally drawing his lips away to rest his head on the pillow beside mine as I licked my damp lips with a troubled expression. I exhaled and pushed my body off the mattress until the blanket slid off my shoulders to reveal my naked body. Seokjin quietly watched me as I turned away to place my feet on the warm floor and bent down to pick up my nightgown. A rush of chills swept across my body when I felt his fingers tracing my arched spine, starting from my nape... and skidding down to the back dimples above my buttcheeks.

"Wae? Are you in a rush? It's the weekend today," Seokjin muttered as I pulled the gown over my head to cover my body. I stood up from the bed to avoid his teasing touch and tied my hair up without responding. Seokjin rolled over on the mattress to watch me dress before the view.

"I'm out of ingredients, so I can't cook you a warm meal," I muttered while adjusting the blinds beside the glass wall. Seokjin observed my distant behavior with a questioning look.

"Are you politely urging me to leave your place?" Seokjin asked, sitting up on the bed. I didn't look at his face and turned on the humidifier by the nightstand. I bent down to sort out the trash filled with dirty tissues by the door without returning an answer. Seokjin stared at my nonchalant behavior and slowly got dressed on the other side of the bed. He pulled his waistband up to his strong hips, slipped the shirt over his head, and glanced at me again.

"You can shower before you leave," I muttered, strolling out of my bedroom with the trash bag to dispose of it in the bin. Seokjin huffed and followed me out into the living space. He appeared somewhat irritated.

"Sora. What's the matter?" Seokjin asked after I dumped the trash, but I didn't answer and walked past him. He frowned, turning after me with his arms crossed as I arranged the cushions on the couch. I finally lifted my dull eyes to meet his after organizing the mess. I don't know if he's clueless or if he's ignoring the signal on purpose.

"Nothing. There's nothing wrong," I shrugged with a blank look. Seokjin slightly furrowed his eyebrows to study my poker face.

"Are you upset because I... wanted to get intimate with you? I might be drunk, but I was fully aware of our moments," Seokjin explained, walking forward to reach me. I gripped the cushion and stepped backward to preserve the space between us. The alpha halted at my withdrawal, lifting his startled eyes to my pale face. 

"I know-"

"Can you not act like you're regretting our shared moments? What's the matter? Speak to me if you're restless. I'll listen," Seokjin questioned, frowning at my persistent attempt to avoid him. I stared at him without blinking while hugging the cushion over my chest.

"I don't regret being with you. We both enjoyed the... sex... so there shouldn't be a problem," I shrugged.

"Then why are you avoiding me? Sora, I don't want temporary-"

"Why did you go through my things last night?" I asked, bitterly staring at Seokjin. His ears immediately turned red, clearly flustered by my question.

"I was j-just- Sora-"

"Searching for your lost contract? You suspected Yangcha left it with me? That's why you searched my space after I fell asleep? You had another motive when you asked to sleep over at my place," I sighed in disappointment. It's not the sex that I'm regretting. We had a great time together, and I really enjoyed his presence. But he was here for something else, and the... intimacy was just a distraction. Seokjin clenched his jaw with his stern frown on my dark eye bags.

"Sora. I'm sorry- I really wanted to be with you- It wasn't my intention to come here for that purpose. I- got curious. I'm sorry, okay?" Seokjin sighed. He didn't trespass the invisible boundary I drew between us. The alpha seemed... torn as he defied the urge to cross over to me. We were only two meters apart, yet Seokjin stood on his side of the line.

Taehyung would certainly walk forward and invade the line I drew, even if I warned him not to cross it. He never cared about the boundaries and would advance forward, stepping over them to seize my body whenever he wanted, so I never really felt safe around him.

But Kim Seokjin...? He stood in his place, knowing he couldn't afford to trespass the red line without damaging the frail trust between us. So he stayed back to grant me the space I desperately needed. He's not the type of man to grab onto me without permission nor raise his voice in the heat of his anger.

"You may leave," I sighed, nodding at the door. Seokjin shakily inhaled at my insensitive attitude to his apologies. He wore a stern frown without budging as if to contemplate his next move.

Will he cross the line too? Just like Taehyung did? So he could convince me otherwise of his intention? Or will he respect my request and leave? I invited Seokjin over because I was willing to share my space with him, thinking he'd never exploit me. But... he snuck around my place to search for his lost contracts. It's mildly disrespectful for him to creep around without my approval, and I hate that he didn't trust my honesty.

I trusted him... but he never trusted me.

"I will leave. Okay...? You shouldn't be upset this early in the morning," Seokjin sighed, raising his hands to surrender, and took a step back with a reassuring nod. I kept my unblinking gaze on him as Seokjin turned to pick up his things and walked to the door. He pulled on his shoes and turned to look at me for the last time. Silence. I stood in the living room with the cushion, dully watching Seokjin walk out the door. Click.

I huffed in relief and slumped onto the couch after he left my place.

__________________________

Flashback: Island.

Sora's POV

The luminous gravel path gradually grew darker as I strolled through the beautiful orchid, filled with night flowers. Its blooming petals releasing... the therapeutic fragrance. Softly smiling, I took a deep exhale of the soothing aroma to filter my polluted lungs. The city is contaminated with smoke and dust. So this is very healing for the body and my soul. Oh-? I halted once I noticed a massive barn-structured property on the steep edge. It's the elevated region of the island and the wooden property is perched on a rocky cliff. I unsurely stepped onto the wooden stairs leading to the slightly opened door as the warm yolky rays escaped through the wooden gap.

"Woah...?" I whispered, stopping for a brief moment to gaze at the neatly aligned racks within the space. Barrels... after barrels... were placed over each other. The Jung's iconic grape wine. Is this their... storage? The family isn't producing wine for sale, but why is there so much for the household alone? Smiling, I eagerly closed the door behind my back and strolled deeper to admire the clearly labeled years on each barrel. 1956. Oh? There's wine that old? I smiled and turned to walk along the towering racks that were three times taller than me until I entered another chamber. It was filled with bottles of milky-colored liquor.

"This is so gorgeous," I whispered, gently grazing my fingers over the unique engravings on the rack. All the bottles were different. It almost looked like a collection of the rarest potion bottles. How did Hoseok's family gather all these rare gems? Clink. I immediately halted in surprise when my feet caught on something, so I glanced down to find an empty wine bottle. It rolled under the rack.

"Why is it empty?" I mumbled, bending down to pick up the glass bottle with the engravings of deep sea creatures. I quietly examined its ancient beauty and walked forward with it until I felt a subtle breeze brushing my face. Frowning, I turned in the direction of the salty sea scent in confusion. Why is there wind inside the warehouse-? My eyes landed on another opened door leading out onto a dark terrace.

I clutched the fragile glass bottle under my arm and strode toward the opening with my eyes fixed on the illuminating full moon in the sky, carefully stepping onto the wooden terrace to discover the vast sea before my eyes. Crash... Crash... I listened to the subtle crashing waves beneath the cliff and curiously peeked over the railings to stare at the rocky base under the warehouse. Sniffles. I froze. Sniffles.

A person was sulking. I chased the sound to find a person sitting on the ground with his back pressed against the wooden wall. His head was hanging low, and his shoulders were slightly shaking. He's crying. Should I leave? I remained cemented, too afraid to move because I didn't want to disturb the person.

Seokjin remained oblivious to my presence as I watched him battle his inner demon before the darkness of the immense sea beyond his gaze. I glanced at the empty bottle and toward the full glass by his side. Did he finish an entire bottle? He's a light drinker though. Carefully, I lowered the empty bottle in my hand to the wooden dock. Clink. Seokjin stopped sniffling at the sound of the glass colliding with the old wood. I announced my presence, so he wouldn't be startled by my presence. I quietly approached Seokjin's side and crouched down to examine his flustered face.

"Do you need company?" I asked, unsurely scanning his torn expression. Seokjin didn't attempt to hide his tears and stared at me in utter silence. There was a thick wall of swelling tears in his eyes, waiting to spill over his burning face. I felt sorry for him. What have I done to Kim Seokjin? He used to walk around with his radiating pride and captivating visuals, but he's so miserable now. I am an infectious soul. I infect everyone and everything around me with my darkness. Seokjin gulped, thrusting his body off the terrace, and sternly stood up, so I quickly got up after him.

"Don't pity me," Seokjin coldly spoke, rudely walking past me and entered the warehouse.

"Do you want to talk?- Hey-! What's the matter-?!" I snapped, chasing after him. Seokjin suddenly spun on his heels to glare at me, making me halt in place at the abrupt brake.

"What's the matter with me?! I should've listened to your warnings and steered clear of your path!" Seokjin seethed, furiously lowering his flaming glares. I gulped at his flushed face.

"Seokjin- I'm not trying to argue with you! I know you're suffering in silence, and I'm willing to lend a shoulder if you're feeling unwell-"

"You're right about being the bad person in this story! There is nothing you can do for me! Because you've already poisoned me with your painful pricks! I should've listened to my mother when she warned me to stay away from a cursed child like you! But I didn't listen because you appeared harmless- and that was my biggest mistake! Plucking a wildflower because of its beauty! You turned out to be the poisonous beauty without an antidote!" He snapped. I pursed my lips unsurely while listening to his hurtful statements.

"I'm sorry for messing up your life- I really didn't mean to-"

"Discard me like I was nothing?! Nothing?! How can a person insist on discarding love so easily?! What is your definition of love exactly?! Why is it that you walk away from me whenever there's a problem between us?! Ani! It wasn't even an issue between you and me! It was us against the world! And yet- you cowered away and ran off!" Seokjin seethed, angrily fuming over me.

"Are you still upset over the breakup? Seokjin, I had no choice-"

"You knew! You knew you never had a choice because it is Kim Taehyung that you're supposed to marry! And yet you ran to me! Repeatedly! Involving me with your love affairs! And I was a fool for protecting a killer for you! You knew Jae Yangcha was the culprit! And yet you stayed silent to let it wreck me!" Seokjin bellowed. My heart throbbed intensely at his disappointed look.

"Seokjin! I never meant to deceive you about Yangcha's crimes-"

"You knew he killed the lower ranks! And you knew you couldn't afford to protect the alpha from his crimes, so you shoved him into me! I trusted you because of your pitiful state! But it was Kim Taehyung's scheme to silence my household in the council! I thought you'd at least feel guilty for ruining our relationship but no! You went as far as siding with Kim Taehyung to sabotage me!" Seokjin yelled, angrily stepping forward, causing me to back away in panic as I stared at the strained veins over his temples. Seokjin isn't the type to lash out like this. Sora, you shouldn't argue with a drunk person!

"I did not side with Kim Taehyung-"

"Yeah?! You knew Yangcha had my contracts! But you never spoke about it until he died! I genuinely wanted to stand with you through all the hardships- but you fooled me into being the pawn- a sacrifice- just so your lover could stand alone as the sole leader in the council! You knew Kim Taehyung had everything prepared! And you let him cast me out of the game! It isn't the fact that you choose the asshole over me, Sora! It's the fact that you stayed silent! How can a person be so heartless?! Towards someone whose intention was to purely love you!? What did I do wrong for you to do this to me!? Why is it that you stood so motionlessly when he shoved the knife at my throat!? You didn't even flinch!" Seokjin shrieked in anger. My body remained unresponsive as I stared at his torn expression. Guilt. I felt extreme guilt tearing through me.

"There was nothing I could do. I tried to stop Taehyung from disabling you," I sighed. I tried. I tried desperately to stop Kim Taehyung, but he was determined to overthrow Seokjin.

"Hand me back my contracts and I'll leave you alone," Seokjin seethed, stepping forward again. Thud. My back slammed against the rack filled with wine barrels. I gripped the wooden structure for support as Seokjin glared at me.

"I don't have it-"

"Liar! I know you have it! Jae Yangcha couldn't have given it to anyone but you! Where is it, Sora?!" Seokjin pressed, lowering his skeptical glare to my frightened face. My eyes swelled in tears as he cornered me against the wine rack.

"I said I don't have it!-"

"Did Kim Taehyung convince you to manipulate Jae Yangcha into retrieving my contracts after using the alpha as a scapegoat to smear blood on my hands?! You were there with Kim Taehyung before Yangcha died!-"

"I SAID I DON'T HAVE IT! YANGCHA NEVER GAVE IT TO ME, AND TAEHYUNG DOESN'T HAVE IT EITHER!-"

"HOW ARE YOU SO SURE?! THAT ASSHOLE IS THE MASTERMIND!" Seokjin screamed at my face, stepping forward again, but I couldn't back away so I helplessly leaned against the rack. I huffed heavily with my frightened eyes on Kim Seokjin's burning red eyes.

"YOU CAN ASSUME WHATEVER! YOU CAN MAKE ME THE BAD PERSON IN YOUR LIFE IF IT'LL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER! BUT DON'T SAY THAT I DIDN'T LOVE YOU AND THAT I TOOK YOU FOR GRANTED! I LOVED YOU! I LIKED YOU A LOT! AND I AM SUFFERING FROM THE GUILT OF BEING INSENSITIVE TO YOUR FEELINGS! YOU CAN BLAME ME FOR LETTING KIM TAEHYUNG RUIN YOU, AND YOU CAME DESPISE ME FOR NOT STEPPING FORWARD TO DEFEND YOU! BUT DON'T EVER CLAIM THAT I OFFERED YOU FALSE LOVE! YOU WERE MY COMFORT! THE ONLY MAN I FELT TRULY SAFE WITH! I WANTED EVERYTHING WITH YOU! A LIFE! A FAMILY! YOU! KIM SEOKJIN! BUT YOU WERE THE PURE MAN, AND I WAS A CONTAGIOUS DISEASE IN YOUR LIFE! AND I'M SORRY IF I MADE YOU FEEL WORTHLESS FOR CHOOSING ANOTHER MAN! I MIGHT LOVE HIM NOW, BUT I'VE LOVED YOU FIRST! I'M SORRY FOR CHOOSING HIM OVER YOU! I'M SORRY THAT I LOVE HIM MORE! I MIGHT LOVE KIM TAEHYUNG, BUT I SWEAR- I NEVER INTENDED TO LET HIM HURT YOU!" I cried at the top of my lungs.

Seokjin grew hushed, silently panting at my face with his glowering gaze glued on my tearful eyes. I thought he was going to snap back, but the alpha clenched his jaw and stormed away before I could stop him. Thud. Seokjin slammed the warehouse door shut and left. Sighing deeply, I lowered my head with my eyes closed to recollect my scattered mind and finally strolled out after him to enter the garden with my tearful eyes.

Why did he leave amidst the fight? Did I upset him again?! Seokjin doesn't usually speak on his impulse when he's drunk. He must be super hurt for him to lash out at me. Sora~! You shouldn't have raised your voice at him! You're the reason he's involved with Jae Yangcha's affairs. But Yangcha never told me anything about Seokjin's lost contract!? How am I supposed to know?! Did he hide it somewhere...? The only people at the villa before he fell off the stairs were Taehyung, Jungkook, Namjoon, and me. I blinked out of my mind and turned to stroll down the gravel path with a restless feeling.

[Yoongi 's attack occurred afterward]

_________________________

Present

Taehyung and I sat before the principal's table after he called for us. I haven't seen Taehyung in a while because we live in different places. He usually works at the tower unless there's a mandatory task at the university and I've been spending most of my time at the university worrying about Park Bogum. Is he alright? I'm afraid he's dead by now. Fear would loom over me at the thought of my missing boss because I somehow felt responsible for the abduction. I have to bring him back and I will not stop until I find his body. Dead or alive... I won't give up on him.

"You two are the only contestants this year," The principal nodded at our application forms. Taehyung remained expressionless. He's been cold to me ever since I kissed Seokjin at Minah's party.

"What happened to the other students...?" I asked curiously. A flood of top students usually apply for the competition.

"I'm not sure, but there were only two applications this year," The principal nodded. I sighed. So it's just me and him...?

"What's the case this year?" Taehyung asked. The principal leaned over the table with his hands clasped under his chin and glanced at me. I straightened my back nervously.

"There's a slight change. I've discussed with the professors regarding the thesis. We've all agreed to host a practical competition," The principal glanced at Taehyung. My eyes immediately lit up at the news. Hah! He heard my complaints!

"That's awesome! What are we supposed to do!?" I gasped, widely grinning as I curiously leaned over the desk to stare at the man. Taehyung sideway fired me a bitter look.

"Assemble your legacy out of nothing," The principal calmly spoke. My jaw muscles suddenly grew stiff as my lagging brain struggled to process his words. I froze with a forceful smile.

"What?" I blinked, suddenly frowning at the man.

"My legacy?" Taehyung asked.

"I want you two to create an everlasting legacy from scratch. It should be associated with the society's system, of course. Neither of you is allowed to fund your project using your household capital. Start... from nothing and work your way upward. You'll be judged based on your performance. The thesis is broad... so you have to be flexible and develop something that will leave a lasting impact on the society," The man nodded. I pursed my lips. Oh no. How do I start a project without money? Taehyung sat in silence to contemplate our task. How do I do that!? I gripped my fists nervously and glanced at Taehyung's confident smile in annoyance.

FUCK MY LIFE.

________________________

Fast Forward

Although I got along with the alphas during Minah's birthday party, it doesn't indicate I was on good terms with anyone. The youthful alphas only celebrate with liquor and music. And exclusively during the moment of numbness... is when we're willing to gather together without the intent to murder each other in cold blood. But during a sober day like this. People would generally avoid each other. Especially me. The foul rumors intensified as people purposely mocked me while darting dirty looks to disrupt my peace with their absurd judgments.

Lately, there has been strange gossip about the late supreme alpha.

"He's alive-"

"That doesn't make sense-"

"I'm sure Jihyun didn't have an heir-"

"What if her household killed the one true heir-"

"That's likely-"

"They were anonymous, so the society was never fully aware of Jihyun's anonymous households-"

I quietly sat at the bench under the tree with a notebook as the lower ranks passed by, slowing down their pace and raising their voice intentionally to feed me the lousy gossip. I didn't lift my eyes from the book and stayed hushed as if I was deaf.

These people, they want to provoke my patience. I must remain calm to avoid falling for their mind games. They'll eventually grow tired of speaking if I ignore them. I'm not quiet because I don't have the courage to speak, but because it is not the right time to address the problem. They'll only mistake my reasonings as a sign of fear, so it's better to stay hushed and provoke fear once the time is right. A pair of polished shoes suddenly appeared before me, so I lifted my eyes upward to find Seokjin standing above me with a small bag in his hand.

"Share the bench with me," Seokjin nodded at the empty space beside my books.

"All the other benches are empty," I shrugged, glancing back at my notes with an unbothered reaction. Seokjin bitterly turned to scan the unoccupied seats and back at the book in my hand. He lowered the bag on the bench, lifted my books to place it aside, and sat right beside me. Again. Kim Seokjin dismissed my signal. I made it obvious this time, but he's not accepting it. I sideways fired him an annoyed look and scooted away.

"We're both outcasts, so it's best if we stick together," Seokjin muttered with the bag on his lap.

"I'm doing fine on my own," I shrugged.

"When was the last time you ate a proper meal?" Seokjin asked, changing the subject. I sorely lifted my gaze to find him staring at me with a questioning look as we sat side by side. It didn't seem like he was purposely irritating me. He's actually curious...?

"Does it matter?" I asked. I haven't eaten since lunch yesterday because I lost my appetite. Bogum is probably rotting somewhere, or maybe he's suffering from the torture...? Besides, the university thesis is fucking stressful. I can't think of a feasible method to construct a concrete plan. Seokjin drew out a small lunch box from the bag and opened it to reveal a warm meal. He gently withdrew the book from my hand to replace it with the container. I didn't look away but stared at his face unsurely as he placed the spoon in my other hand. Why did he bring me food?

"You said we should be partners, and we made a deal. I need your help just as much as you need mine, so let's stay fit to survive the society. I don't like it when people bluff nonsense without the capacity to perform their role, so keep your promise. Help me retrieve my power, and I'll support your immunity in return," Seokjin sighed. He briefly glanced at the lower ranks as they messed around by the entrance to the building. I sighed and glanced at the warm rice, egg rolls, spicy marinated chicken breast, sun-dried sliced radish, and fermented bean sprouts.

"Men usually bring me flowers and rare jewelry," I muttered while poking the spoon into the steaming rice.

"Flowers will eventually wither and die. You don't need jewels because it's meaningless. That's why you don't usually wear them. It might give you rashes too... due to the friction," Seokjin shrugged. I quietly lifted a spoonful of the rice to push it between my lips without looking at him.

"So you made home-cooked meals?" I asked, turning to look at Seokjin.

"People can easily utilize the money to acquire gifts with the hope to earn forgiveness. I figured you're tired of receiving the meaningless scented petals that will eventually rot and sparkling jewels that are worth nothing to you as an apology," Seokjin nodded. I chewed slowly, still keeping my skeptical gaze on Seokjin's side profile until he glanced at me.

"So this meal is an apology?" I asked. Seokjin didn't reply and stared at me under the setting sun beside the building. The gentle sun's warmth... illuminating our skin with its radiant glow as we sat on the bench under the tree.

"It's not enough to attain forgiveness. A mere apology will not mend the broken rifts, but a warm meal will help you feel a bit fuller. And hopefully... you'll also feel better after you poop it out," Seokjin smiled. I glanced down at the meal, lifted another spoonful to take a big bite, and glanced at the lower ranks as they peeked at us from the windows.

"Why is it that you're not disguising yourself with the mass? Why choose to step forward to settle with an outcast? Your household is weak, and conforming with the masses will ensure your safety. You can't afford to give them more reasons to target you," I nodded at the lower ranks as they gossiped about our interaction. Seokjin chuckled while flipping through my notebooks to skim through it.

"A person will never shine if they camouflage themselves with the mass to achieve a sense of belonging. In order to conform, I'll have to give up on my real identity... and I will lose a part of myself to appear just like everyone else. The mass is a dense and unbreathable pack. People suffocate themselves to stay within the safe boundary of being amongst the others to avoid the nerve-wracking spotlight," Seokjin muttered as he read my messy scribbles.

"So you'd rather sit with me? The outcast?" I asked, smiling at him.

"At least I can breathe around you," Seokjin shrugged, lifting his eyes to meet mine. His lips slightly curved upwards, so I sighed and lifted a spoonful of the rice to place it before his lips. Seokjin stared at me in surprise.

"The radish is a bit chewy," I offered, nudging the spoon against his lips. Seokjin chuckled and opened his mouth, so I fed him the meal. Smiling, I withdrew the spoon and gently wiped the sauce off the corner of his lips with my thumb. The alpha suddenly shifted closer to me until we were shoulder to shoulder. We quietly ate the meal as Seokjin read my drafted plans with a concentrated frown.

"Kim Taehyung seems distant lately," Seokjin sighed, lifting his gaze to follow Taehyung as he strolled out of the lobby. He didn't look at us and left through the gate.

"I have a year to prove my competence," I muttered. Seokjin glanced at me with a confused look.

"Why?" He asked.

"The council will reject a weak leader, so I must assert my influence in all three fields. The average world is, of course, the corporation. The society is the council. And the academy with my studies," I sighed heavily. Seokjin glanced at the scribbles again.

"You wrote ingredients though... everything isn't related to the school's thesis," Seokjin pointed out. I bitterly chewed the food on one side of my cheek. He's right. I've got nothing done, and I have been scribbling recipes on the empty pages. I am gravely clueless about the project.

"You said money can't fix anything but food can at least heal them," I muttered, sorely lifting my eyes to look at him. Seokjin pursed his lips at my dispirited energy and glanced back at the notes.

Seokjin is right when he claims money can't permanently buy happiness... and that material items can't fix what's already broken. No matter how many flowers, money, or jewels I dump into the broken crack... it'll never fill up. But food? Food is comfort. The daily dose of the sweet, sour, bitter, salty, and salivating aftertaste will set me in a good mood. Flowers wither and die, and I'd have to discard it. It's only great for decorations, and I don't even admire it after the first glance.

Jewels... stay locked up in my closet until dust covers it. And money? Money can't buy happiness, but it can definitely offer a better living standard for those in need. Especially during inflation. A paid bill, a full fridge, and a warm home are enough for the desperate to live a comfortable life. A comfortable life is their definition of happiness. But it isn't an alpha's definition of happiness.

A paid bill, a full fridge, and a warm home aren't enough to grant us permanent happiness. The only way... for us to achieve or even... graze... just barely... to acquire the scarce droplet of happiness is to numb our minds with poison.

It could be... alcohol... deafening music... sex... and even drugs. All of which will leave us feeling depleted and sick the very next morning.

A moment later.

The receptionist smiled as he held the door open for me. I thanked the man and heaved the heavy bag out of the door to dump it on the sidewalk, causing the materials to loudly clatter against each other. What's taking him so long? I frowned at the empty street until I noticed a black car pulling up on the sidewalk. Seokjin stepped out of the driver's seat with a baffled expression, so I bent down to heave the heavy bag again.

"Wae? Why do you need me at this time?" Seokjin asked, approaching me in his casual clothes.

"Help me heave-"

"Why is it so heavy?!" Seokjin gasped as he struggled to lift the bag. I grunted and walked forward to dump the bag in his opened trunk. Seokjin fired me a confused look and tried to check the bag, but I immediately grabbed his hand to stop him.

"No- The receptionist is watching us," I warned under my breath as Seokjin firmly held the bag. He lifted his eyes to find the man smiling at us from the door. The alpha furrows his eyebrows at me with a suspicious look, slowly releasing the bag after I refuse to let him inspect the materials inside it. Thump. I slammed the hood shut and got into the passenger seat to buckle my seat belt as Seokjin got into the driver's seat to start the engine.

"My mother will kill me if she knows I'm out this late," Seokjin muttered, carefully driving forward. 10:22 PM.

"Take me to Yangcha's grave," I muttered. Seokjin snapped his head in my direction with a startled expression.

"W-What?" Seokjin asked, glancing back and forth between the roads to double-check with me.

"I want to visit Jae Yangcha's grave," I demanded.

"During this hour...?" Seokjin stared at me as if I was out of my mind, but I didn't care and pushed the seat backward to lie down. I fell into a brief nap on the way there. It was over an hour's ride outside of Seoul, so the property was dark and empty once we arrived.

"His relative took his body to bury it at their family's private cemetery," Seokjin muttered, unsurely stepping out of the car. I yawned sleepily while stretching my arms in the air. I tapped the car trunk with a blank face, so Seokjin quickly popped it open for me. I sighed and tore open the bag.

"Hold this-"

"Wait- Don't tell me you're trying to-?!" Seokjin gasped as I pushed the heavy shovels into his arms. He stared at me as if I was nuts, so I grabbed the hammers and a flashlight from the bag with two pairs of safety gloves. Thud. I slammed the trunk shut with the materials in my arms.

"What? I'm helping you find your lost contracts," I shrugged, placing the materials in a separate backpack. Seokjin stared at me with a startled expression as he hugged the shovels.

"At a graveyard..?" Seokjin widened his eyes, awkwardly staring at me as we stood in complete darkness. Hoot... Hoot...

We slowly shifted our eyes to the dark and empty cemetery to find a few scattered tombstones. There was light fog drifting over the dead properly as the ancient trees stood beside the dirt paths. I gulped. Well. Shit. This is creepier than I anticipated. I uneasily scanned the darkness under the dim moonlight as the icy cold breeze brushed our skin with its chilly frost.

"Wait! I don't think- Sora~!" Seokjin whined, but I switched on the flashlights and strode over the dirt path. Seokjin hurried after me as I turned the dim flashlight from side to side to scan the names on the tombstones.

"You couldn't find the contracts anywhere-"

"He doesn't have it with him! I delivered his body myself and the medical team did a thorough examination!" Seokjin whined as he raced after me.

"Jae Yangcha visited his grandparents often! His death report claimed his family came to collect his personal belongings!" I stubbornly stepped over the grass. Seokjin huffed.

"But I made sure to check everything!" Seokjin complained, grabbing my arm to stop me. I abruptly halted to stare at Seokjin with a dark frown but pursed my lips when I realized... he was paler than usual. Seokjin fearfully glanced at the tombs around us and back at me.

"We can't miss a spot, so let's start from here. Just in case," I sighed, carefully taking his shaky hand. Seokjin glanced down at my fingers as I interlaced them with his to assure him of my intention to dig up a corpse. And like the supportive man he is... Seokjin didn't resist, even if he's shit scared of the ghostly property.

I'm scared too. I held his hand because... I'm afraid he'll flee for his life and I'll be left alone. I'll hold on to him... just in case he decides to ditch me in a graveyard with the dead and run away, so we have to stick together. I slightly tugged him forward. We carefully walked over the dirt path, passing under the creepy trees for another minute until I noticed a pile of withered flowers on one of the graves. I strode off the path and dragged Seokjin with me. Flick. I diverted the flashlight to the name carved on the stone. Jae Yangcha. His relatives must've visited him often to leave the flowers.

"An act concerning the desecration of a grave is a crime punishable- "

"Put on the gloves," I sighed, tossing the new pair at Seokjin. He dropped the shovels with a startled look as he stiffy stared at the young alpha's haunting smile.

"Sora! This isn't necessary! I don't think we should be digging his grave! He's a silent killer!- Oh?! What if his spirit is evil!? Oh!?- I've already handled enough in the society! I can't afford a killer ghost! Jebal~! Let's leave~!" Seokjin funnily complained. I glared at his pale face as he stiffly stood beside me. It's Seokjin's first time digging a grave...? Well. It's my first time too. And I'm just as nervous, but why does he have to make me feel so anxious...? Sora! What if Yangcha comes after us for disrupting his grave?! Sighing, I knelt before Yangcha's tombstone.

"Yangcha. Noona desperately needs your help right now. Please forgive us, okay? Seokjin hyung is a bit scared of you. He might suffer a stroke if you scare him... so please be kind to us? We don't intend to harm you. Okay?" I weakly smiled at Yangcha's picture. Seokjin grew hushed as he uneasily glanced around the hazy cemetery. Sighing, I got onto my feet to grab the shovel and pulled on my safety gloves. Thump. Seokjin flinched in fright as I jabbed the new shovel into the dirt pile.

"Why didn't you tell me in advance...?" Seokjin grumbled, picking up the shovel after I refused to leave.

"I knew you'd back out," I muttered. Seokjin huffed, slightly jabbing the soil as I dug with all my might and turned to toss the heap aside.

"Seriously, why-"

"His relatives buried his belongings with him. Seokjin, if the contract is with him- You can easily retrieve your power from Kim Namjoon!" I snapped, turning to glare at him. Seokjin gulped and glanced at Yangcha's picture again as I left the flashlight by the tombstone. Sighing, Seokjin shoved the shovel into the soil, so I exhaled and lowered my arm to scrap up the dirt. The work wasn't too exhausting at first, but after about half an hour of digging and piling the dirt aside... I was entirely out of breath and soaked in sweat.

"Ah~!" I grumbled, sorely rubbing my shoulder wing as Seokjin dug deeper with his shovel. Thump. Seokjin suddenly froze when his shovel hit the casket. I froze at the hollow echo. He lifted his startled eyes to me. Thump. Seokjin poked the wood again.

"We reached the casket!" Seokjin announced, quickly tossing away more dirt. I dropped my shovel and hopped back into the 4 feet hole to dust the dark soil from the moldy casket.

"Hammer!" I demanded. Seokjin quickly turned around to grab the bag from the dirt pile and tossed it at me. I can't believe I'm digging up a grave! I pulled out a hammer and lowered it to remove the nails lodged in the casket. Seokjin noticed I was struggling, so he quickly knelt down, grabbed the hammer, and roughly withdrew the rusty nails from the wood. Clink. Clink. Clink...

Kim Seokjin carefully pulled out the nails from the wooden platform as I impatiently knelt beside him. He finally tossed away the last piece and turned to look at me with his dirt-smudged face, so I firmly nodded and scooted to the side. Seokjin grabbed the lid with both hands and attempted to yank open the casket, but it remained sealed. Thud. It's stuck? I quickly grabbed the edge of the casket to help him heave the heavy wood.

"Pull harder!" Seokjin grunted, clenching his jaw in difficulty as we towed the lid with all our might- THUD.

"ARGH!" We screamed, falling back at the sudden release, and crashed into the dirt pile. I grunted in shock as the lid slammed over our bodies. Seokjin quickly shoved it away as I scrambled over the dirt, frantically crawling toward the opened casket.

"Fuck!" I gasped, covering my nose at the unpleasant odor. Seokjin immediately shielded his nose as I  knelt by the casket until... my eyes landed on the corpse. My heart suddenly swelled with an unexplainable emotion as I stared at the dead alpha.

His hair was still intact, and so were his teeth... but his youthful skin... was gone, replaced with yellowish-brown bones and decaying tissues. Seokjin stood without blinking as we both examined the dead alpha. I sat on the dirt without budging to stare at his skull and empty sockets before glancing at the bone remains with a heavy heart. So... this is where you're resting...? My heart feels heavy.

Seokjin grimaced at the disturbing skeleton while crouching across from me to dig the scattered belongings in the casket. Gulping uneasily, I shifted my eyes away from Yangcha's corpse to search for Haerim's phone. I tossed aside a controller, a shirt, a teddy, a robotic toy, and a book as Seokjin slipped his hand between the edges to search for the items. An hour went by... and we were still searching. We went through all the toys and his personal items... but there was nothing. We couldn't find anything. Seokjin sighed, wearily collapsing to the side in exhaustion. He was covered in dirt as I desperately searched the casket on my knees.

"It has to be here! Yangcha!- Where did you keep hyung's contract! Noona desperately needs it-"

"Sora... We should stop. This isn't right," Seokjin whispered, bitterly eyeing my desperation. I gripped the torn shirt at Seokjin's disapproving tone and slumped to the side in defeat. Neither of us spoke a word... as we stared at the dead alpha with our dirt-smudged hands after tearing his resting place apart. Is our greed getting out of control...? What am I doing? Sora... Why are you doing this?

My chest suddenly swelled in guilt. I sniffled and lowered my head to cry in distress. Seokjin let out a heavy sigh as he quietly sat beside me. I felt sorry. What was I thinking? Why did I tear open his grave like this? Even after he's gone? The warm tears slipped from my face as Seokjin stared unblinking at the skeleton.

"Let's clean up," I whispered, lifting my face off my knees after I calmed down. Seokjin nodded and stood up while offering me his dirty hand, so I took it. He hauled me onto my feet as I turned around to search for our shovels.

"I'll get it- urgh!" I mumbled, turning to climb the slope until I was out of the hole. Thud!

"Are you okay?!" Seokjin worriedly called when I accidentally collapsed onto the dirt pile after slipping over the loose soil.

"I'm fine!" I assured, quickly scrambling across the ground to reach for the shovel handle until my eyes landed on a pair of shoes before me. I paused to stare at the sneaker with a blank mind as the person stood under the light fog without budging. Thump. Thump. Thump. My steady heartbeat started... smashing my ribs at the presence of the third person... in a graveyard with only two living souls. I fearfully lifted my frightened eyes upward as I remained on my knees in the dirt pile. Jae Yangcha...?! He's here to haunt us!-

"We need new nails to secure the casket-"

"ARGH!" I screamed, startled by the unexpected presence.

"ARGH!" Jungkook screamed, startled by my reaction. I wildly swung the shovel at his face out of fright, causing Jungkook's eyes to widen in shock. He shielded his face just before the dirty plate hit his face- SMACK. It struck his arms instead, sending the alpha toppling to the side.

"YAH- What's the matter- ARHDEWJHD~?" Seokjin shouted, trying to climb out of the hole at the sudden screeching sound but gasped in shock when Jungkook missed a step and slid down the unstable dirt pile.

"%$#*&^#?!!" Jungkook's eyes widened in horror as he struggled to balance his body. I immediately swung the shovel away and reached out to grab his hand but missed his fingers.

Seokjin screeched in disbelief as Jungkook tumbled into the hole, slamming hard into him. Thump! Thump! Thump! Jungkook and Seokjin both fell backward. The half-blood grunted in pain as he rolled a few rounds and landed hard into the casket as Seokjin staggered to the side. Thump! Both alphas groaned in distress. Jungkook seethed in discomfort while lying face-first on the skeleton. Seokjin immediately sat up at the foot of the casket with his striking messy hair as I stood above them with a pale expression.

"Jungkook! Why are you here!?" I gasped. Jungkook grimaced and lifted his head to glare at me in difficulty.

"Yah! Are you fucking crazy-?! Why would you dig up a grave at this hour- ARGK!?- AH! WHAT THE FUCK!?- A- APPA- JHAGKSAHJG!?!!" Jungkook tried to scold me until his irritated eyes landed on the hollow sockets of the rotting skull beneath him. The alpha shrieked in horror as he frantically jerked away from the corpse with his eyes bulging open.

"Be careful!"I gasped and slid over the pile to grab Jungkook, who immediately shoved his body off the corpse, startled by the skeleton's not-so-appealing presence. CRACK- His blunt force suddenly fractured the corpse's bones, causing a side of the ribs to collapse. I halted in horror. Jungkook suddenly grew hushed at the rough impact. His eyes... growing wider as he sat over Yangcha's skeleton with his hand stuck between broken ribs. I quickly grabbed Jungkook's arm to tow him off the casket.

"Stop screaming and calm down!" I snapped as Jungkook snapped his bewildered face to me until blood drained from his face.

"CALM DOWN!? YAH- I BROKE HIS RIBS- WHAT IF HE COMES FOR ME-" Jungkook stuttered in a panic as he firmly gripped my arm with his bulging frightened eyes... but he didn't finish his sentence.

The alpha's eyes suddenly rolled into the back of his sockets... and his heavy body weakly tilted backward. Slump. Jungkook collapsed onto the dirt. I grew hushed, awkwardly staring at Jeon Jungkook as he lifelessly sprawled on the slanted slope. Seokjin lifted his startled gaze to me after Jungkook passed out in the grave and glanced back at his fellow alpha, who was unconscious after the shock. Sighing, I lowered my arms to grab Jungkook's upper arm. Seokjin quickly grabbed his ankles and we heaved his body out of the hole.

"Fuck he's heavy!" Seokjin cursed, carefully placing the alpha onto the clear grass beside the tombstone. I panted heavily and crouched down to feel Jungkook's steady pulse over his sweaty neck. Seokjin rubbed the sweat off his forehead and glanced back at the messy dirt piles around the hole.

We didn't speak and turned to pick up the shovels again. Seokjin hopped back into the hole to draw the hardwood back over the casket after he arranged the dead's belongings. I tossed him the bag, so Seokjin drilled the new sets of nails into the wood. He grabbed my hand and hauled himself out of the hole. We quickly shoved the soil back onto the casket as Jeon Jungkook sprawled on the graveyard with his mouth ajar and arms extended to his sides.

Third Person POV

Jeon Jungkook finally opened his blurry vision after his recovery from the unexpected blackout. The alpha softly grunted while struggling to open his heavy eyelids, groggily shifting his eyeballs from side to side until his eyes fully opened... until he found himself staring up at the creepy tree branches above his head.

The alpha froze in confusion, unable to recall the incident as the chilly fog surrounded his body on the grass. He lifted his head to stare at the tombstone at his foot in horror and quickly laid back down with his eyes wide open in fear. The alpha remained paralyzed while listening to the creepy wind whistles and swaying tree branches. Jeon Jungkook didn't dare move but listened to the strange repeated thumping sound to his right. Crack. Jungkook snapped his head to the side to find a shoe, squishing his left palm over the ground.

"ARGH!" Jungkook screamed in pain, startling the person above him. Seokjin wildly glanced down to find himself standing over Jungkook's hand. He quickly lifted his shoe as Jeon Jungkook funnily screeched in pain.

"Jungkook!" Sora gasped, dropping her shovel, and hurried toward Jungkook to pull him into a sitting position. The alpha's eyes bulged open in horror at the sight of her smudged face. Only her eyeballs were showing... and it scared the living crap out of the unstable alpha.

"ARGHH! G-GHOST-! GHOST- $&^!%&!?- ARK-"

"Yah!- Sora, be careful!" Seokjin snapped after Jungkook roughly shoved Sora aside. She gasped, tumbling to the side as Jungkook frantically scrambled to his feet. The alpha suddenly snatched the shovel off the ground in a panic... and lifted it to threaten the supreme alpha.

"Stay away, you evil spirit! I know this is a dream! Go away!- SHOO- SOMEONE HELP ME- APPA! APPAAAAA!- I'M A MARTIAL ART MASTER- SO BACK THE FUCK OFF IF YOU DON'T WISH TO DIE TWICE!- AH! AH!? AH!!!- THERE'S TWO OF YOU!?!" Jungkook threatened Sora but frantically jumped back in fright when Seokjin tried to stop the alpha from freaking out. Jungkook tripped over a rock and fell onto his back with the shovel. He quickly sat back up in horror as Sora sat on the ground with a dumbfounded look in response to his psychotic episode. 

"You're dead!" Sora screamed, scrambling forward. Jungkook screeched like a madman as she weirdly crawled toward him on her hands and knees.

"ARGH!- N- NO! GO AWAY- YOU DEAD PIECE OF SHIT! I'M NOT DEAD-! APPA! APPAAAAA~!" Jungkook cried for his father, frantically turning to crawl away over the dirt, but Sora grabbed his shoes to tug him back. Jungkook wailed in distress, hastily turning to shove Sora off his body, but she firmly grabbed his wrists and pinned his hands to the side of his head. Jungkook muffled in fear as he stared at her dirty face with a slight pout.

"We're the grim reapers," Sora spoke lowly with a blank expression as Jungkook struggled to breathe beneath her. He shakily shifted his frightened eyes to Seokjin's dead face as the man stood with a shovel.

"G-Grim reapers- What do you mean-"

"We're preparing your grave. Can't you see?" Seokjin nodded at the hole. Jungkook's lips trembled out of control as he stared at the tombstone. He glanced at the shovel and back at Sora's dead face as she sat over him. The graveyard grew eerily hushed as Jungkook's heart pounded hard against his ribs. He couldn't speak but froze on the ground in utter shock.

"AHAHAHAH!" Sora burst out laughing. She pulled Jungkook into a sitting position as he remained tense with a confused look. Seokjin chuckled and shook his head as the clueless alpha glanced back and forth in confusion.

"W-What-" Jungkook stuttered as Seokjin turned to shove the remaining soil back into the grave hole.

"Stop screaming, or you'll actually wake up the angry resting souls here. I can't help you if they come after you for disturbing them with your ridiculous screams, so be quiet," Sora patted Jungkook's shoulder and stood up to grab her shovel.

Jungkook stared at the duo in confusion and glanced around the dead cemetery in bewilderment before lowering his bulging eyeballs to his dirty clothes. Jang Sora and Kim Seokjin worked intensively to fill the hole until it was almost dawn. The supreme alpha knelt on the fresh brown soil before the grave to ask Yangcha for forgiveness and bid her farewell before leaving the empty site with the alphas. Seokjin swung the heavy bag over his shoulder as he carried the shovels in his other arm.

"Y- Yah! Wait for me! Yah!" Jungkook gasped, scrambling onto his feet to chase Sora, who was leaving the graveyard with her flashlight. The half-blood fearfully raced after the duo until he caught up and left the cemetery with them.

___________________________

Fast Forward

Jang Sora softly grunted as she scurried into the empty lobby early in the morning with heavy bags as Do-hwan carried the materials for her. The supreme alpha quickly dragged two tables from the space to combine them beside the entrance as Do-hwan carefully placed the bags on the chairs. Sora excitedly bent down to dig into her bag and pulled out a massive banner. The guard sourly watched the supreme alpha as she stood on a chair to glue the fabric over the glass.

"Big man!" Sora signaled her guard to help her put up the other banners. He nodded in exhaustion and did as she instructed. Sora happily handed her guard a paper bag before he left as a gift and quickly raced away to get changed in the bathroom before the school day began. She headed back toward the table to sort her freshly baked goods and placed them neatly in the trays. Thud. Thud. A person suddenly strolled inside the lobby but halted at her presence.

"Mr. Principal!" Sora brightly greeted the man, who paused to stare at the frog hair band over the supreme alpha's head and her cute fluffy knee-length dress.

"Oh- Oh, Sora. What's this?" He asked, approaching the supreme alpha's unannounced dessert stall unsurely.

"It's my project, of course! This is my startup! Please support me~!" Sora giggled. The principal frowned at her oddly radiating energy and to the cakes on the table. He didn't expect the supreme alpha to establish such a basic project and although he didn't approve... of her mini stall, the man didn't want to ruin her mood. He agreed to purchase the dessert and left to work.

A moment later

Kim Taehyung strolled through the university gate in the afternoon after his tiring day at work but halted in place once he noticed the uplifting atmosphere within the premises. It's been a while since the alphas and the lower ranks appeared this cheerful. He glanced at the slices of cake... cupcakes... muffins as the student ate them on the benches. The alpha slowed down by the entrance with his leather bag to read a massive handwritten banner on the glass wall.

Creams & Crumbs.

He stared at the familiar handwriting unsurely and lowered his gaze to the crowd as the familiar voice chirped from within the crowd, welcoming her customers with her kind tone. The lower ranks excitedly scurried away after grabbing their cakes, so Taehyung frowned and glanced at the strawberry cakes and brownies in their hands.

"Yah~ This is unbelievable!" Hoseok gasped as he pushed his way through with a wide smile.

"I'm telling you'll never regret buying her cakes!" Minah promoted the cake to the lower ranks.

"Are you sure this business is sustainable~?" Minho doubtfully stared at the stall as the crowd cleared the area, earning a glare from Minah... and Taehyung found himself staring at Jang Sora as she hurried back and forth to pack the cakes she made. Sora briefly lifted her face to find her former lover standing before the stall with a blank stare. Taehyung coldly glanced away and strolled inside with a word.

"He's an asshole~!" Minah sorely glared at the alpha as he entered the elevator.

Fast Forward

The supreme made over two million won on her first day at the university after receiving immense support from the lower ranks and the alphas. She enthusiastically took her first turnover... and rushed home to purchase more ingredients and would spend the night baking her new recipes. The alpha did not ask anyone for help... but worked on performing the manual labor herself until her body ached from the tiring work. She'd end up with flour on her face and a ruined shirt, but she'd smile and skip around her penthouse like a happy child.

Her business went well during the first week, and she made over ten times the money she made on the first day, but... her sales started to decline afterward. She made too many cakes and would be left with cold and melting creams by the end of the day. The hype died. And she would anxiously sit at her empty stall, desperately begging people to buy her cakes.

"Mian~ I gained weight after having too much sugar," Minah pouted, refusing to buy the cakes. Sora sighed and sat down at the table with a discouraged face. Her only frequent supporter was obviously Jeon Jungkook. He'd sit at her stall and munch her cakes but never really paid for the treats.

"How much did you make?" Jungkook asked, curiously glancing at her while licking the cream off the spoon. Sora sighed and checked her bank account. 13, 450, 000 won.

"It's not much," She shrugged, showing him the figures.

"I heard Taehyung made a hundred million won during his first fund yesterday. He's launching a fintech and cyber security project," Jungkook muttered. I glanced at the melting creams with a discouraged face. I worked so hard for the past week but barely earned a fraction of Taehyung's fund.

"It's easier to be a man," I muttered. Jungkook sighed.

"Can I be honest with you?" Jungkook asked, glancing at me anxiously. I lifted my tearful eyes to him. He's going to worsen my mood with whatever he has to say.

"Yeah," I nodded, lowering my gaze to avoid his frown.

"Don't cry. Sora, this isn't sustainable. You're selling in exchange for profit. That's not what the professor wants from the competition. Creating something out of nothing. Sora... you're using too much of your energy and physical product to bake these cakes. There's nothing wrong with your recipe or the flavor, but the cost of making the dessert is higher than the cost of selling it. You have to be smarter. Use your brain, not your body muscles. Taehyung didn't offer any products, but he managed to acquire 100 million during the first day from his proposal alone," Jungkook sighed. I rubbed my warm tears and quietly thought about his words.

"You know... I'm the most stupid out of the three of us. How can I ever beat him?" I spoke in a broken voice. Jungkook sighed and glanced at the cakes.

"I think you have more potential... It's just that you're pursuing the wrong path," Jungkook muttered.

"Why is it... that I have to fight to free myself from his suppression? Why is it that I don't have a voice, but the man can do whatever the fucks he wants?" I cried, sobbing uncontrollably. Why can't I do whatever I want?! Why is it that I have to listen to my family and obey Kim Taehyung?!

"Because it's not about Kim Taehyung, Sora. It's the council and the society. They will weaken you if you're under-prepared for the role. So don't be the victim in this game, okay? You're not a victim. You just... have to figure out a new approach," Jungkook nudged my shoulder. I leaned weakly against his shoulder for support, so Jungkook patted my head to comfort me.

Third Person POV

Kim Namjoon carried a familiar decorated paper bag into the private meeting lounge filled with the other alphas as Kim Taehyung sat at the end of the table. He settled the bag on the desk and took his place as the others filled the room.

"You bought her cake?" Yoongi asked.

"Yeah. Sora was crying," Namjoon spoke up. Taehyung lifted his dull stare to watch Namjoon share the dessert with the fellow alphas.

"She'll never beat Kim Taehyung. He offered us tripled the amount invested in his project," Minho chuckled, nodding at Taehyung. They were gathered in the room as investors for Taehyung's thesis project.

"One should never underestimate a woman," Hoseok muttered as he skimmed through Taehyung's proposal.

"Then why are you here? With the man? Go and support the woman," Mira scoffed. Hoseok bitterly fired her an annoyed look. Kim Taehyung cleared his throat and finally rose to his feet to begin the meeting. He dimmed the lights in the room and turned on the screen to announce his conscientiously curated plan to develop a fintech program.

The alphas grew hushed as they listened to the leading alpha until their mouths dropped open in astonishment. Namjoon nodded at Kim Taehyung's strategy with his arms crossed, knowing well... Kim Taeyung had undoubtedly established his own legacy within the society.

Meanwhile

Sora's POV

I quietly packed up the leftovers after the sunset as a flood of the top-rank alphas strolled down the stairs. Kim Taehyung appeared with a blank face as he passed by my pathetic stall and left, so I sighed and collected the bags.

"Your company is already going bankrupt?" Minho teased as he passed with Mira. She chuckled and smacked his head. I stayed quiet as Hoseok and Yoongi stopped to speak with me. They too left... afterward, so I wiped the table and placed it aside before turning to heave the bag and strolled out after the others.

Jungkook left earlier to train at the mansion. I exhaled and strolled toward the gate when Taehyung suddenly returned through the door after the others left and walked straight toward me. I slowed down unsurely. Should I move aside...? He stopped before me with a stern gaze.

"What?" I sorely asked while staring at his stone-cold expression.

"You can surrender," Taehyung dully spoke. I gripped the bag.

"Surrender?" I repeated.

"You can stop if you can't do it and marry me," He sternly spoke. I stared at his face in silence.

"Surrender and marry you? So you could put me on a leash and walk me like a dog? I'd rather die fighting," I scoffed, rudely walking past him. Taehyung clenched his jaw at my brutal statement as I walked toward the door... until Seokjin appeared, jogging towards me. He told me he'd return after school to help me close my stall.

"Sora! I found a fresh strawberry farm for your cake! Do you want to check it out? I'll contact the supplier for you!" Seokjin smiled, gently taking the bag from my hand to ease the weight.

"I don't want to bake anymore," I muttered, walking into the parking lot.

"Why not??? Are you tired? I can help if you need another hand," Seokjin weakly nudged my shoulder. I chuckled and shook my head.

"The alphas are sick of my creams and crumbs," I shrugged.

The distinct difference between Taehyung and Seokjin?

Kim Taehyung keeps telling me... I'm destined to depend on him for a satisfactory life. The only path for me... to achieve happiness and security is to surrender to him. That's what... I've been doing all my life because I always doubted my abilities. I'd cry, whine and give up on everything I do after I failed for the first time and he'd be the hero in my life to fix my problems. So naturally, I thought I could always rely on him. I thought I couldn't live without his help. I am struggling now, and he's offering to help again.

But I'm determined to refuse his assistance or... I'll end up with a puppet cuff around my wrists, ankles, and throat.

And Seokjin? He's too considerate. Seokjin is the type of man to encourages his lover to be her best. He never once did my work for me and would patiently wait for me to finish my task. He's only willing to offer guidance and would always praise my hard work. But the setback? His endless support will only lead me to my demise. He's too kind for his own good. I know he doesn't approve of my project either, but he chose to stay quiet because he didn't want to hurt my feelings.

Neither is good for me.

It is Jeon Jungkook... who is constantly keeping me on the ground. He'll never let me float too high into my delusional haven, knowing I'll fall and hurt myself. And he'll never let me sink too low until I suffocate in my own grave. He's blunt, and he could be arrogant sometimes... but he'll always speak the painful truth. He'll confront me if he isn't satisfied and would also console my sorrows, reminding me of my purpose every time I feel like a worthless piece of shit.

"Who's picking you up today?" Seokjin asked as we stood in the parking lot.

"Big man-"

"What will you do with the leftovers? You can't possibly eat all of it?" Seokjin nodded at the packed bag in his hand.

"I'll throw it away-"

"That's a waste. Let's visit the local streets. I'm sure your dessert will warm a lot of hearts. Don't bother letting the alpha's rejection weigh down your precious heart," Seokjin smiled. I couldn't help but swoon at Seokjin's words as he cluelessly smiled at me. My heart... it keeps... yearning for him, but I knew better than to invade the boundary between us.

"Can I give you a hug?" I asked, eagerly staring at him without blinking.

"Huh?" Seokjin blinked with a startled look. I smiled and stepped forward to give him a warm hug. Seokjin stood stiff in his position as I embraced him. I want more... I want more than a hug from him, but... I can't be foolish about my desire. We should maintain a healthy friendship rather than hastily jump into a relationship again.

I feel like... by drawing a line between us like this... Seokjin will feel less hurt and I can... control myself better. I don't want to hurt his feelings again and I know... I'm very reckless, so until I'm fully prepared... I won't... let him close to me.

"Thank you for being my comfort," I smiled, stepping away to smile at him. Seokjin stared at me with flushed cheeks as he held the bags. He suddenly leaned forward to peck my cheek, causing me to widen my eyes with a startled look.

"I'll respect our boundaries, but I won't avoid you. I'll follow you close, just enough without overstepping the boundary. Okay? Just don't make me dig a grave- I can't follow you there again," Seokjin chuckled. I smiled and shook my head at his joke.

"Okay," I nodded with a wide grin.

"I'll take you on a refreshing ride. Maybe we can share your delicious cakes with the locals," Seokjin smiled, nudging me forward.

I giggled and followed him to his car. Seokjin placed my bags in the back seat of his car and opened the car door for me, so I got in to buckle my seatbelt. Ah~! Why am I suddenly so happy? I was on the verge of crying a moment ago!- I froze in the seat once I noticed Taehyung sitting behind the steering wheel in his black jeep with his dark eyes trained on me. I gulped and turned to watch Seokjin arrange the bag in the backseat. He smiled and cluelessly rounded the car to hop in beside me.

Seokjin and I left the university and headed to the local streets to deliver the dessert for free to the kids and elders in a small neighborhood. And just as Seokjin predicted... They were beyond grateful for our kind gestures. I felt happier offering my dessert to the locals even if I didn't earn any money from it. Maybe... the answer is not about the amount of money I received? Why am I more content with putting smiles on the average's faces... than the money I earned from the wealthy alphas?

"Aigo~ You're too kind!" A harabeoji patted my arm as Seokjin handed him the box, followed by a pack of supplements. Seokjin dropped by his place and insisted on giving out supplements to the locals with my dessert.

The smiles... on Harabeoji's face and the cute giggles from the kids as they ate my cakes and muffins... had entirely lifted the dead weight off my chest. I was able to breeze better and for once... I felt... appreciated.

Their genuine smiles and praises... made me happy.

"Ah~ That was so refreshing~!" Seokjin chuckled as he walked beside me in the dim alley with our empty bag. I briefly glanced at him and back at the road beneath our feet.

"Can you lower your face a little?" I asked, turning to look at him as we walked side by side.

"Why? Is there a smudge-" Seokjin asked, lowering his face cluelessly but was cut short when I planted a peck on his cheek. His eyes widened at my unexpected gesture, so I hurried away without speaking.

"I'm hungry!" I called while jogging down the alley.

"Yah!- What was that?! Come back!" Seokjin shrieked, chasing after me. I sped up my pace and ran away from him as people turned to look at us in confusion. He caught up with me, swiftly encircling his arms around my waist to lift me off the ground, so I shrieked in a panic and wildly turned to hug his neck as Seokjin chuckled at my flushed face.

"Boundaries!" I whined, pushing his chest with my palms.

"You're the one invading it! But it doesn't matter because you made up the rules? You're cheating!" Seokjin teased as I clung to his neck. I bit my lips happily and leaned upwards to press my lips against his. Seokjin smiled against my lips and hugged me tighter as we kissed in the dim alley until my cheeks flushed tomato red.

"I'm not ready yet, but I wanted you... to be aware of my feelings," I smiled, pulling away to stare affectionately at his bright pupils.

"That's fine. I can wait," Seokjin nodded while stroking my soft hair. Seokjin revealed his feelings to me a while ago, but I was hesitant because I was still healing.

"I like you too. A lot. So wait for me a little longer," I pursed my lips. Seokjin warmly strokes my cheeks with his thumbs.

"Okay. Let's maintain the boundary until we're both ready," Seokjin nodded. He pecked my lips again and pulled away. Smiling widely, I interlaced my fingers with his and we walked hand and hand. We glanced at one another with an approving smile. Seokjin let out a deep exhale in relief and lifted his handsome face upwards to stare at the dark sky.

_________________________

Seokjin and I got along really well after I disclosed my genuine feelings to him... and I somehow didn't feel as uptight around him anymore. It's probably because Seokjin is an understanding man, so there were no complications between us. I think he's been waiting for me to give him a signal. And finally, I did. So we're both at peace now.

I stopped baking the cakes and focused on studying instead. My mother wasn't fond of my creams and crumbs fundraising campaign because she personally visited my penthouse to lecture my idiotic act. She claimed I took the competition too lightly... and that it was humiliating for our household. But hey, I got popular. The alphas and lower ranks didn't take my bakery seriously, but they've been questioning my return, to which I politely declined their demand.

"Don't you have work?" I asked while staring up at Seokjin as I lay on the bench with my head rested on his lap. Seokjin was fanning my face with my notebook.

"I'm usually occupied with the thesis work during this time of the year, but I didn't join the competition this year, so I'm free," Seokjin shrugged. I smiled at Seokjin and turned to stare at the nosy lower ranks as they pretended to cover their faces with the books.

"They're talking about you," I smiled. Seokjin chuckled.

"I think they're more interested in your affairs," Seokjin shook his head. I chuckled and sat up, carefully grabbing the lunch box to place it on my lap.

"Did you eat?" I asked, glancing at Seokjin as he extended his arms over the bench.

"Not really. I wasn't hungry," Seokjin shrugged.

"We can share. I made more than enough for myself," I offered, showing him the neatly sliced Gimbap. Seokjin opened his mouth, so I chuckled and lifted a piece with the chopstick to place it in his mouth. Smiling, I quietly ate beside him.

We were both immune to the gawking eyes and judgemental stares. I would usually feel uncomfortable... and Seokjin would always avoid making intimate contact with me, but we're unbothered now. I crossed my legs on the bench and shared the Gimbap with Seokjin.

"There you are~! Scoot over. Are you dating or something?" Jungkook approached us. Seokjin grunted as Jungkook squeezed in between us, earning an annoyed glare from me. Jungkook smugly snatched the lunch box from my hand and hungrily picked up the rolls to shove it in his mouth.

"We're not dating," I mutter, bitterly staring at Jungkook as he sits between me and Seokjin, who is obviously irritated by the alpha's disturbance.

"The society claims you're together," Jungkook shrugs.

"We're close but not together," Seokjin muttered. Jungkook glanced at the alpha with a funny expression.

"Wae? What's your plan? Are you trying to make Kim Taehyung jealous because it's definitely working. He's really grumpy these days," Jungkook chuckled. I rolled my eyes as Jungkook turned to look at me.

"Why is he grumpy? He's obviously winning the competition," I shrugged. I heard he made over a million dollars during his third meeting. That's more than enough to fund the project.

"He's winning in every field except for your heart," Jungkook nudged my shoulder, teasing me with his raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, because someone else already won over her heart," Seokjin grunted. I chuckled at his response, so Jungkook glanced at Seokjin with a doubtful look.

"Her heart? Her cold heart? Who's the unlucky man~?" Jungkook sang funnily. Seokjin darted Jungkook an annoyed look. I smiled and leaned against Jungkook's shoulder as he teased his fellow alpha.

"She's not cold-"

"Ohoh? You were just as depressed after she dumped you. Is Jang Sora warm now? She will probably set you on fire in a matter of time. I might have to put you two out with a fire extinguisher again," Jungkook chewed the gimbap on the side of his mouth. I smacked his knee and fired him a warning glare, so Jungkook chuckled and handed me back the empty box.

"She'll select the next council leader once she beats Kim Taehyung. It's my only chance to make a good impression of myself," Seokjin shrugged. Jungkook scoffed and placed his arm around my shoulder to hold me.

"But Kim Taehyung is winning though. Stop making empty promises to each other. You might end up watching her walk down the aisle with the asshole," Jungkook sighed. He ruffled my hair, so I fired him a sharp glare as I combed my fingers through my hair to fix the messy strands.

The half-blood smiled at us and walked away with his hands in his pocket. I pursed my lips and glanced at Seokjin's dark expression as we sat with the gap between us. My heart stirred uncomfortably at the thoughts of my downfall.

"So marriage... is the deal?" Seokjin asked, turning to stare at me for an explanation. I rubbed my fingers and swallowed uneasily.

"Eomma wanted me to marry Sungho, but Taehyung objected," I nodded. Seokjin clenched his jaw before shifting his grim stare to the lower ranks.

"So if you lose... you'll have to make him the leader through marriage?" Seokjin questioned without looking at me. I nodded and stared sadly at my feet as Seokjin quietly thought about my terms with Taehyung. I'm trapped in a game I can't play... and I knew that.

Kim Taehyung will win, and I will lose.

"That's... why... I desperately needed your power. Maybe... you'll stand a chance against Kim Taehyung," I muttered. Seokjin exhaled heavily and lowered his face to press his palm against his face in exhaustion. I need Seokjin to be as powerful as Taehyung for me to free myself from the game, or I'll never escape Kim Taehyung's grip.

Fast forward

Third Person POV

Kim Taehyung listlessly strolled inside the bustling kitchen to find the maids and imo preparing cake slices in separate boxes. He halted to stare at the familiar decorations and glanced at the neat bags unsurely. The maids were busily packing warm meals in paper containers as the guards placed water and juice in each box.

"What's this?" Taehyung asked imo.

"Oh. Our young lady is doing donation work on the outskirts of Seoul. I'm asking Do-hwan to deliver a token of our household supplies," Imo smiled at Taehyung.

"Why are you wasting our supplies?" Taehyung frowned at the woman.

"The elders are always busy on business trips. Jungkook and you don't eat that much food. The food will rot, and we'll have to throw it out anyway. Why waste so much food? I figured we could make use of it," Imo shrugged. Taehyung glanced at the packages in irritation.

"Imo~! Ask the guards to deliver the remaining batch! I'm dropping by Kim Seokjin's place to help him with the other batch," Do-hwan informed, poking his head into the Kitchen window. Taehyung turned to frown at the man as the other guards picked up the packages to load them in a truck outside the mansion. The alpha sighed, grabbed a cool bottle from the fridge, and left to work in his room. Kim Taehyung took a sip of the water and glanced at the report on his laptop screen.

"Oppa~"

Taehyung snapped out of his thoughts, utterly startled by the unexpected voice after he heard Sora's soft voice calling for him. The alpha searched his empty room in confusion and lowered his face to pull his hair in distress. He has been hearing her voice here and there at random times during the night. Does it make sense? To be haunted by a living person?

Kim Taehyung restlessly leaned back in his armchair with his stern gaze fixed on the meaningless words on his screen and finally exhaled. He got up from the desk and exited his room to enter Jang Sora's empty room. Nothing. No matter how many times he entered her room... it was empty. Taehyung stared at the vacant space with a sore expression until he found Sora strolling out of her bathroom in her usual nightgown.

"Oppa. Have you eaten?" She brightly smiled, walking towards him with a curious smile. Taehyung pursed his lips at her vivid appearance as she cutely tip-toed to peck his lips.

"-Shit! I'm late!" Jungkook's voice echoed from the opened door. Thud. The alpha slammed his door shut and raced away, so Taehyung glanced at the door and back at Sora... but she was gone... again. Taehyung sighed and left her room to return to his work desk.

Meanwhile.

"How are you young people so beautiful!? What did you eat!?" An ajumma gasped as she stared at Minah, who was passing out the packages to the locals.

"You kids look so well off! I'm jealous! My muscles used to be as big when I was young~!" Another ajusshi poked Seokjin's bicep.

"Jungkook! Why are you late?!" Sora screamed in annoyance as the half-blood rushed towards her with a few batches in his arms.

"I fell asleep!" Jungkook answered as he joined the crowd of alphas. Yoongi was chatting with an ajusshi as Hoseok helped a harabeoji unload his cart by his tiny home. Namjoon and Sungho chatted with the children as they excitedly ate the snacks with bright beams.

"You should help Jimin in the fifth zone. He went alone," Sora nudged Jungkook, pushing the map into his hand. Jungkook nodded and hurried off to assist his friend as So-young helped a halmeoni walk towards her home.

Jang Sora had launched another campaign, covering donation works in the slums on the outskirts of Seoul. She used up the amount she made from the mini stall to cover the expenses... and the alphas were willing to help her since it would benefit their graduation transcript at the end of the year. Kim Seokjin helped her publish an official announcement to captivate the alpha's attention. And as expected... the top alphas showed up at the slums to assist the supreme alpha.

"Where's big man?" Sora grunted, glancing around the area while counting the gift bags on the cart as her guards separated their ways to distribute the goods.

"He left to the fifth section," Sungho informed her as he offered the kids books and school stationaries.

"But Jungkook and Jimin are already there~!" Sora whined. She sighed, lifted a box, and turned to walk in the opposite direction.

"Where are you going?" Seokjin asked, quickly catching up with her.

"There's a senior halmeoni in the 6th zone. I'll deliver it myself," Sora shrugged. Seokjin nodded and followed her.

"Why are you doing charity work? You've already used up all your savings from the cake campaign," Seokjin sighed, following Sora through a small alley.

"I don't know what to do with the money and I don't want it in my bank account. It's best... if I use it to feed the people in need. I'll figure out a way to earn more," Sora shrugged.

"But this is temporary. You can't feed them... forever," Seokjin nudged her shoulder worriedly. Sora nodded. Sora knew she was at a dead end, but she enjoyed helping those in need, so she was determined to make their life a little better with her little gifts.

"Aigo~ Young man~! Can you help me with the cart?" An ajumma grunted. Seokjin immediately walked up to ajumma and pushed the cart without hesitation.

"Have you received the gifts yet?" Sora smiled, walking beside the woman.

"Yes. A very handsome man delivered it to my house a moment ago," She nodded. Sora smiled and glanced at Seokjin, who was pulling the cart up the slope. Ajumma proceeded to praise the alphas for their kind gestures.

"Oh. This is the section," Sora stopped after noticing the street sign beside a pile of cardboard. Seokjin glanced at the small and dim alley as he hauled the cart on the slope.

"We should head to ajumma's place together first. I'll escort you back-"

"No. Please help ajumma to her place. It's getting late, so I better deliver this. You can come to find me after you're done," Sora smiled as she patted Seokjin's shoulder. She bowed at the woman and quickly strode through the small alley to deliver the box. Seokjin sighed and proceeded up the main street with the cart and the lady.

Meanwhile.

Sora carefully read the house numbers as she walked deeper into the slums until she found another rusted green door. She double-checked the map and finally stepped forward to thump her first on the metallic door.

"Halmeoni~! I'm a representative from the charity campaign ~!" Sora announced her presence.

"Aigo~ I'll be there~!" A woman replied. Sora smiled at her response and took a step back as she waited by the empty alley until a small halmeoni in her eighties opened the door to greet her.

"Annyeonghaseyo~!" Sora smiled, bowing at the woman.

"Please come in. You must be tired from walking all the way here," She invited the supreme alpha. Sora chuckled, slip off her sneakers, and stepped inside Halmeoni's tiny home. It was about 4x4 meters. The kitchen was right beside the door, and the bathroom was at the far end. It was so small... a person could barely fit. Halmeoni led Sora to her small bedroom... where she stacked her blankets by the wall. Sora smiled and placed the crate down as Halmeoni poured her a glass of water.

"Do you live alone?" Sora smiled as Halmeoni sat across from her.

"No. I live with my grandson. He studies late at the university," Halmeoni chuckled, pushing the cup toward the supreme alpha. Sora took a sip from the glass and glanced at the moldy walls and the rusty roof above her head with a sore grimace.

"You must be cold during winter," Sora sadly smiled at halmeoni. The walls are too thin to act as a filter against the harsh ice storm and the floor is not heated enough to keep halmeoni's feet warm.

"Aigo~! I won't be suffering for long. My grandson promised to move us to a better place once he becomes an attorney!" Halmeoni shook her head with an optimistic smile. Sora sadly studied her wrinkled smile lines and chuckled.

"I'm sure he'll take care of his precious halmeoni," She nodded. Halmeoni was a talkative person despite her old age. She'd tell Sora about her life in Seoul, and Sora would cutely laugh at her hilarious story. The two enjoyed each other's company very much... so they kept chatting, and Sora finally left the property. 

Fast Foward

Do-hwan checked the empty truck by the main street as the guards returned from the alleys after delivering the goods. The big man halted once he noticed Kim Taehyung walking towards him with a jacket and casual clothes. The awkward alpha curiously glanced around the busy street.

"The elders hired you to protect the mansion, so why are you here?" Taehyung grimaced.

"I got permission from Sora's mother to do charity work with her daughter," Do-hwan shrugged.

"Is she your only priority-"

"I must protect the supreme alpha. Jang Sora is not present at the mansion. So there isn't a need for me to stay behind the walls. I must stay close to her... wherever she goes," Do-hwan dully spoke. Taehyung grimaced as the alphas strolled toward the main street after fulfilling their duties.

"Do-hwan! Have you seen Sora?" Seokjin called, jogging toward the man. Do-hwan frowned.

"Didn't you leave with her earlier?" Sungho asked Seokjin as he passed Minah and So-young.

"She went in a separate direction. I visited halmeoni on my way back, but she claimed Sora left her place over half an hour ago," Seokjin panted heavily.

"Has anyone seen Sora?" Do-hwan shifted his gaze to the clueless alphas.

"Nope," Yoongi shook his head. The alphas shrugged, causing the guard to freeze in his place. He quickly drew out his phone to check Sora's location. Taehyung glanced at the red pin on the digital map. She wasn't moving. Her location was not on the sixth street but down a deep alley... near another area.

Last moving... 20 Minutes ago.

"Fuck-! Everyone, search for her! I'll share her location! Go in pairs!" Do-hwan roared, sending the alphas to her location, and hurried ran off into the alley after instructing his men. Seokjin cursed under his breath and turned to dash after the man.

"Is he missing???" Minah gasped, wildly turning to stare at the commotion.

"Yoongi, we should leave- Yoongi!" Hoseok tried to drag his friend away, but Yoongi turned and headed back down the street.

"Wae?! What's happening-"

"Sora is missing! We have to head back!" Jimin yelled at Jungkook, who was jogging toward the crowd... that was racing back to the location. Jimin grabbed Jungkook's arm and hauled him back in the direction.

Sungho hurriedly left after Jimin as Namjoon and So-young left with their drivers. Minah nervously stared at Taehyung and chose to leave as well... because it was too dark. And in a split second... Taehyung stood alone on the streets. The alleys echoed with anxious calls as the men screamed for the supreme alpha.

Taehyung gritted his teeth and slowly walked down the alley with an uneasy feeling. He glanced at the unmoving location on his screen and jogged down cramped paths... turning left and right until he ended up at a dead end where Seokjin was standing with his hand clasped over his lips as Do-hwan stood up from the ground and turned to stare at Taehyung in dread. The alpha halted as Do-hwan lifted Sora's shattered phone with a dreadful look.

"There are... signs... of struggle," Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows as he examined the tiny blood spots on the wall. Taehyung stood stiffly as he scanned the confusing alleys with a dreadful look.

"Team one. Dispatch half of our men to the location immediately. Team two. Review all the camera footage and Team Three. Alarm the forensic team," Do-hwan darkly spoke into his phone. Seokjin let out a heavy exhale as he combed his hand through his hair- BOLT! Kim Taehyung launched forward to tackle the alpha.

"Yah-"

"You were supposed to be with her!-" Taehyung seethed, angrily shoving Seokjin against the wall.

"I insisted, but she left!- Urgh!" Seokjin tried to explain the situation but was cut short when Taehyung struck the alpha in the face. Do-hwan immediately grabbed Taehyung's arm, but he shoved the man away and turned to wrestle Seokjin, who kicked Taehyung square in his chest. The alpha grunted in pain as Seokjin trusted him onto the rough ground. Taehyung angrily sat up but was disabled by a forceful blow to his face after Seokjin punched him hard with his clenched fist.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! SORA IS MISSING! WHY ARE YOU FOOLS FIGHTING!?" Do-hwan roared, causing the alphas to halt at the man's outburst as they furiously glared at each other.

Choi Do-hwan exhaled in frustration and stormed away without breaking the fight because he couldn't waste time over the foolish squabble. The man raced through the alleys to search for the supreme alpha while howling her name... hoping to receive an answer, but Jang Sora remained muted.

She disappeared within the confusing maze.

____________________________

A few days later.

Mrs. Jang sat restlessly at the council's meeting venue after her daughter disappeared. The entire society was swept up by the shockwave after the news leaked... regarding the missing heir. The supreme alpha had vanished without a trace. Her guards and the alphas search for her in the slums for the entire night, but she is never sighted by anyone.

The local police went from door to door to investigate the disappearance, but even the locals... were unaware. Seokjin restlessly tapped his feet as he sat at his desk. Taehyung spitefully glared at the alpha from across the room for losing the supreme alpha. Jungkook was dozing off on the desk after spending the past nights searching for Sora. No one... within the room seemed to focus on the moderator. They concluded the meeting after an hour, so Taehyung grabbed the file and quickly walked down the stairs.

"Oppa!" Hwa-young called, getting up from her seat beside Sungho to chase Taehyung. He dismissively passed her, so she grabbed his wrist to stop him from striding away. Taehyung halted and coldly glanced at her firm grip on him.

"Let go-"

"Why are you avoiding me!?" Hwa-young cried, causing the other households to pause at their arguments. Taehyung gritted his teeth in discontent, despising her for drawing unnecessary attention from the crowd. 

"Hwa-young. Now isn't the time to speak about your personal matters. The Supreme alpha is missing-"

"So what?! My marriage has been postponed for months! But no one seems to care! Why is everyone so worked up after she's gone for a few days?! She probably ran away from home again!" Hwa-young snapped at her brother. Sungho pursed his lips in horror at his sister's thoughtless exclaims.

"Yah-"

"Talk to me! Why are you so childish-"

"I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU ALRIGHT?! STOP BOTHERING ME!" Taehyung angrily bellowed at her face as Hwa-young stubbornly held his arm. Hwa-young's eyes immediately flushed with tears.

"You said you'd marry me-"

"I DON'T FUCKING WANT TO MARRY YOU ANYMORE!" Taehyung angrily shoved her aside and stormed down the stairs. Sungho immediately grabbed his sister, so she burst out crying as the room remained hushed. Taehyung darkly stormed down the stairs with a sharp frown when the room's speaker suddenly blasted an ear-splitting sound.

"What the fuck-" Jungkook cursed, covering his ears in disbelief. Taehyung halted at the strange static nose as Seokjin grimaced on the opposite stairs. The black screens within the room suddenly flickered. The room grew hushed as they stared at the blurry black-and-white footage.

"What's wrong with the audio!? I'll go deaf!" Minho snapped as the sound screeched all over the room. The moderator attempted to disconnect the screens and sound system, but it didn't work. Flick. The screen suddenly lit up with clear footage and the speaker instantly grew hushed, leaving the alphas with ringing eardrums.

The entire elite room became muted as they stood with baffled stares at the person on the screen. A woman... sat on a chair in a dim room with a man behind her. Her hair was soaked in sticky blood... and she was bleeding heavily through the clothes. Her eyes were swollen and her lips were bruised.

Kim Taehyung's evil-infested darkness was suddenly replaced with fear... as soon as he recognized her familiar features. Seokjin gasped, stepping forward as Jungkook's jaw dropped open in horror. Jimin slowly stood up from his seat as Namjoon remained stiff by the door. Yoongi and Hoseok stood beside each other with their bulging eyes nailed on the screen as Mira nervously hugged Minho's arm.

"Sora!?" Minah gasped, stepping forward with an anxious frown.

"What's this!? Why is my daughter-" Mr. Jang snapped but halted when the man slipped a leather belt around Sora's vulnerable neck. Taehyung unconsciously jerked in horror as the man tightened the strap around her throat. Sora's distressing whimper filled the room as she sniffled in pain, causing the room to tense up at her dire situation.

"N- no- no! No! no! What the hell-" Jungkook shrieked, pushing Taehyung aside to rush toward the screen.

"WHAT'S THIS!? STOP THE MADNESS! HOW DARE YOU HURT THE SUPREME ALPHA- I ORDER YOU TO HALT YOUR TREACHEROUS ACT!" Mrs. Jang burst into tears. She frantically rushed towards the screen but was held back by Mr. Jeon.

"Urgh!- Hmmp!" Sora sobbed as she gagged and coughed intensely with her head tilted toward the light above her head.

"This is a live stream. It's everywhere..." Jimin whispered, lifting his phone to show Taehyung, who was darkly frowning at the footage.

"STOP IT! WHOEVER YOU ARE!" Seokjin roared angrily as the man strangled the supreme alpha with the leather belt.

She helplessly thrashed with her bounded limbs until the scraping sound filled the room. Taehyung stood with a racing heart as... Jang Sora desperately hyperventilated for air, weakly twitching and jerking on the chair... but failed to free herself.

The thick leather curling... tighter... and tighter around her neck to restrain her windpipe.

Mrs. Jang screamed in agony after her daughter suddenly collapsed from the torture. Her body suddenly eased... and her head flopped lifelessly to the side. The taunting whimpered stopped. Her tears ceased and she remained... stiff and motionless with her wrists and legs tied to the chair.

Jang Sora abruptly stopped breathing... and Kim Taehyung suddenly couldn't breathe... as well.

Switch. The screen suddenly turned blank.

Kim Taehyung stood with his frightened pupils glued to the screen until he felt a sharp contraction in his chest. A burst of darkness violently penetrated his chest... viciously expanding its dangerous icy sensation until the forceful chill jolted up his neck to numb his skull with the evil. His pupils dilated, turning pitch black as his veins bulged from the pressure of the overflowing evil within his system.

No one moved.

No one blinked.

No one dared to breathe.

A flaming Phoenix appeared on the screen... extending its fiery wings before the crowd of elite players.

.

.

.

The storms of vengeance have arrived with the wrath of the firebird.

The predator... soaring dangerously over the pack of powerful wolves within the destructive storms to prey on the petrified crowd beneath its deadly flames.

_________________________

I made it back ahahah! How's everyone?! Did you enjoy the chapter? I hope you did! This chapter is a bit lengthy because I wanted to make up for my late update! <3 Thank you so much for supporting Alpha! I love you guys! Have a wonderful day~!!! <3

BTW. Now is the time to manifest your ship! Make sure to tell me your anticipated endgame!!! <3 I might listen to your prayers~! XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

358 19 20
"Taehyung and Jungkook's love story starts like a fairytale, but fate has different plans. When Taehyung mysteriously disappears, leaving behind a sh...
32K 915 15
||I will get her back, even if her parents and Yoongi hyung will be on the way, she loves me and only me, what mine is mine.|| Here comes the book 2!
245K 11.1K 56
BTS Apocalypse AU In a world where half the population are living and half are the living dead, you need to be fit, strong and have strong teamwork i...