Don't Touch Her

By RosePetals017

"What did he - Where did he touch you?" His voice had hardened, mad. I swallowed and looked down. "You son of... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Ending Notes

Chapter Twenty-Five

4.9K 97 2
By RosePetals017

I returned to work that week, willingly. Clara and I had argued about this, and then Dominic had, and as promised, driven me there to work.

Despite the reservations I had, I pushed down my fear and walked into the store, both Mary-Lee and Marley there, arranging flowers in their own special way.

Marley came over to hug me as I stiffened, and then Mary-Lee, who offered words of encouragement and regret.

I brushed it off and got to work, and despite the fact I was perfectly capable of staying my entire shift, Mary-Lee wanted to send me home two hours earlier.

Dominic had pulled up before I clocked out and walked in, the little bell above the door ringing. He looked back at it with an annoyed expression.

"Violet, get your boss," he said, demandingly. I turned to leave, but Mary-Lee had shown up then.

"Can I help you?" She said warily.

"Do you have cameras here?" He asked.
Mary-Lee shook her head and gently, underneath the counter, pulled on my hand, wanting me to come closer to her.

"Mary-Lee, it's okay. I know him," I reassured her. She looked at me and then Dominic, releasing my hand.

Dominic looked at me, "no cameras? Why? After what happened, you're not going to get any?" He turned and looked at Mary-Lee accusingly.

"Please.." I started.
"We don't have the money to buy some, but I would if we did," Mary-Lee said gently, despite Dominic's attitude.

"Then I'll buy some!" Dominic said.
Marley came up from the back room. "Excuse me-" she said.

"Look, I-" Dominic drew his hand up in a fist, trying to control his anger before he set his hand down softly on the counter. "I just want her to be safe," he looked at Marley and then Mary-Lee. "I'm mad. I keep thinking about it."

Mary-Lee smiled softly and placed a wrinkled hand over his. "I know, we all do. But we'll keep her safe, alright, dear? Now go home, Violet, we'll see you later."

I followed Dominic out the store and then to his car, where he opened the door for me.

"I'm buying those cameras and having them installed tomorrow," he said matter of factly as he turned the ignition key.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 4.7K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...
751K 16.1K 33
Briar has to move to a new place with her mother after she has found a new job. One that can benefit both of them. She now has to go to a new school...
55.3K 2.4K 64
"You good, babe? You kinda seem a bit off today." "How so?" I asked, even though I knew the answer to that question. Damien answered, "Well you haven...
29.5M 872K 71
He tips my head toward his with his index finger, keeping my eyes trained on him and driving me crazy with the primal look on his face. His grey eyes...