New Year Virus

By dreamfl_56

A joyous New Year's celebration were shattered when an unprecedented and terrifying event unfolded. Instead o... More

{Season 1} Chapter 1 Another Virus?
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
End Of Season 1
{Season 2} Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 23

69 30 12
By dreamfl_56

When I woke up, my body was still weak and shivering, I scanned the area near the riverbank.

The rain had finally ceased, and the chaos of the woods surrounded me, but there was no sign of Gabriel. Panic surged through me as I called out his name.

"Gabriel! Gabriel, where are you?" I shouted, my voice echoing through the dense forest.

There was no response, only the haunting silence of the wilderness. Fear gnawed at the edges of my mind as I desperately searched for any trace of him.

"Gabriel!" I called out again, my heart pounding in my chest.

As I stumbled through the underbrush, my mind raced with possibilities. Had he been swept away by the river? Had he been captured by raiders? Or worse, had he been infected by the zombies that lurked in the shadows?

Tears welled in my eyes as I clung to the hope that he was still alive.

We had been through so much together, and the thought of losing him now was unbearable.

Suddenly, I spotted something on the ground near a cluster of trees.
It was Gabriel's backpack, partially hidden among the foliage. My heart sank as I rushed over to it, my hands trembling as I unzipped the bag.

Inside, I found some of our supplies, but no sign of Gabriel.
The realization that he was truly gone hit me like a punch to the gut. I slumped to the ground, tears streaming down my face.

"Please, no," I whispered, the pain of loss overwhelming me.

As I sat there, my mind filled with memories of our journey together.
The laughs, the struggles, the moments of hope we had shared. It all felt like a lifetime ago, and now, I was left to face this harsh reality alone.

Suddenly I stumbled upon the sight of a familiar leg, my heart leaped with hope.

I ran towards it, praying that my eyes weren't deceiving me. To my immense relief, it was Gabriel lying there, unconscious but alive.

"Gabriel!" I called out, my voice a mix of joy and tears. "Wake up, please!"

I knelt beside him, gently shaking his shoulder. After what felt like an eternity, his eyes fluttered open, and he looked up at me, his gaze filled with confusion.

"Hey there," I said, my voice choked with emotion. "You scared me, but I'm so glad you're okay."

Gabriel blinked, slowly registering his surroundings. As he realized it was me kneeling beside him, a small smile appeared on his lips.

"I thought I lost you," I admitted, tears streaming down my face as I embraced him tightly.

"You'll never lose me," he said, his voice soft but filled with determination. "I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere."

We held onto each other as if our lives depended on it, finding solace in the safety of each other's arms.

The weight of the world seemed to lift off our shoulders as we clung to one another, grateful for this unexpected reunion.

For a while, we simply stayed there, not needing words to express the depth of our emotions.

The world around us was still filled with chaos, but in that moment, it felt like the storm had subsided, leaving us with a sense of peace and hope.

"I thought I'd lost you too," Gabriel finally said, his voice breaking with emotion. "When I woke up and you were gone, I thought…"

He couldn't finish his sentence, but I knew what he meant. The fear of losing each other in this unforgiving world was a constant shadow that loomed over us.

"But we're together now," I reassured him, wiping away tears from both our faces. "And that's what matters."

Gabriel nodded, his grip on me tightening as if he never wanted to let go.

We had faced so much together, and this reunion felt like a victory against all the odds stacked against us.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting shadows, Gabriel's words rang true in my ears.

The forest was a dangerous place, especially in the darkness of the night. But staying near the river bank seemed like the safest option for now.

"Let's set up camp here," Gabriel suggested, his voice filled with concern as he gathered some dry branches and leaves to start a fire.

I nodded, grateful for his wisdom. With the river nearby, we at least had a water source, and the fire would provide much-needed warmth and protection from the chilling night.

As the flames flickered to life,

their warm glow brought some comfort to our cold and soaked bodies. We huddled close to the fire, trying to dry our wet clothes and savoring the precious heat that it offered.

"It's freezing," I shivered, wrapping my arms around myself.

Gabriel pulled me closer to him, sharing his body heat. "We'll get through this," he said softly. "We've faced worse, remember?"

I smiled weakly, his words reminding me of all the challenges we had overcome together.

Our journey in the apocalypse had been filled with hardships, but our determination to survive had never faltered.

Suddenly I noticed Gabriel's wounds from our previous fight, my heart sank with remorse.

I couldn't bear to see him in pain, knowing that I was the cause of it.

"Gabriel, it's hurting, right?" I murmured, my voice trembling with guilt. "I'm so sorry."

He managed a weak smile, trying to ease my concern. "Don't worry, Athena," he said, his voice gentle. "It's not your fault".

"Let me try to help," I insisted, hoping to do something to alleviate his pain.

To my surprise, he chuckled lightly, trying to lighten the mood. "Oh, it's just a scratch," he said jokingly, though I could see a hint of pain in his eyes.

I gave him a half-hearted smile, not fully convinced by his attempt at humor. "I still feel terrible about it," I replied, genuinely concerned for his well-being.

He reached out and squeezed my hand reassuringly. "Don't worry, Athena," he said with a grin. "I've had worse battle scars than this. I'll be just fine."

Despite his attempts to downplay the pain, I knew that he was hurting. I wished there was something more I could do to help him.

"Let me at least clean the wounds," I insisted, feeling the need to do something to ease his discomfort.

Gabriel nodded, still smiling. "Alright, Dr. Athena," he teased playfully. "Work your magic."

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but chuckle at his lightheartedness. I fetched some water and a cloth from our supplies and carefully began to clean his wounds.

"There, how's that?" I asked, trying to be as gentle as possible.

Gabriel winced slightly, but he grinned at me appreciatively. "You have a gentle touch, Dr. Athena," he said, playing along with the humor. "I'm in good hands."

As I tended to his wounds, I felt a mixture of emotions.

"You really think this will cure me, huh?" Gabriel said, his eyes glinting mischievously.

I chuckled, playing along with his playful banter. "Of course," I replied with mock seriousness. "My magical healing powers are at your service."

Gabriel laughed, and for a moment, the weight of our circumstances seemed to lighten.

Even in the midst of this chaotic world, we found solace in our shared sense of humor and the bond we had formed.

As night fell, we found a safe spot to rest. We knew the importance of staying alert, especially with the ever-present threat of zombies in the darkness, so we made sure to choose a location far from any signs of the undead.

"Finally, a moment to catch our breath," I said with a sigh, settling down beside the crackling fire.

Gabriel nodded, stretching his tired limbs. "Indeed," he replied. "We've been on the move all day. It feels good to rest for a while."

I leaned against him, finding comfort in his presence. "I'm just glad we found this place," I said, glancing around to make sure there were no hidden dangers.

"We've become quite the team, haven't we?" Gabriel said, a touch of pride in his voice.

I smiled, thinking about all the trials we had faced together. "Yes, we have," I agreed. "And I wouldn't want anyone else by my side in this mess."

Gabriel placed his arm around me, pulling me closer. "Likewise," he said softly. "We're stronger together."

As the fire crackled, its warmth enveloping us, we felt a sense of peace, at least for the moment. In this unforgiving world, finding moments of respite and safety were rare and precious.

"I wonder if there are other survivors out there," I mused, my thoughts drifting to the possibility of finding a community or refuge.

"We can't be the only ones left," Gabriel replied optimistically. "There have to be others, fighting to survive just like us."

"I hope you're right," I said, gazing into the dancing flames. "It would be nice to know we're not alone in this."

As the night wore on,

fatigue began to catch up with us. The soft crackling of the fire and the steady sound of Gabriel's breathing provided a sense of comfort, despite the harshness of our surroundings.

As we drifted off to sleep, our bodies entwined, we knew that tomorrow would bring new challenges, but we faced them with unwavering determination and the knowledge that we were not alone.

Together, hand in hand, we would continue to fight for survival, cherishing the moments of peace and safety that we found along the way.

And as we slept under the watchful gaze of the stars,

the bond between us grew stronger, a beacon of hope in the midst of the apocalypse....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.9K 5.9K 45
In a world overcome with disaster and chaos, Em sets out on a perilous journey to find safety. With only determination and perseverance to guide her...
98 0 14
Reality always crashes differently. The world had crumbled, its once bustling cities now eerie ghost towns. The virus, had swept across continents, l...
947 113 32
When a virus begins to spread throughout the world, turning those it infects into flesh-eating monsters. Forced to flee her home, Quinn watches her c...
21 1 14
The Necrosis Virus was a highly contagious virus that spread through bites, scratches, and bodily fluids. It turned its victims into mindless, flesh...