Music to my ears - Zhuo Zhi

Da gourmetapple

If anyone, Yu Qing high school's perpetually indifferent genius was the (second - after the emotion-fearing c... Altro

Notice
Chapter 1 - There's a Girl?
Chapter 2 - Tang Zhihao
Chapter 3 - There's a Sister?
Chapter 4 - Deal
Chapter 5 - The Team
Chapter 7 - Idiots
Chapter 8 - The Park
Chapter 9 - Sadistic Bastard
Chapter 10 - The Tang Twins
Chapter 11 - The Library
Chapter 12 - Dramatic
Chapter 13 - Panic, Panicked Practice
Chapter 14 - Strangers? Or Friends?
Chapter 15 - Sunday
Chapter 16 - Tennis
Chapter 17 - How Strange
Chapter 18 - Showtime
Chapter 19 - Guan Yue
Chapter 20 - Holiday Special (1)
Chapter 21 - Holiday Special (2)
Chapter 22 - Classes
Chapter 23 - Realization
Chapter 24 - Distracted
Chapter 25 - Mother Hen
Chapter 26 - Irony
Chapter 27 - Worth It
Chapter 28 - Help
Chapter 29 - Math
Chapter 30 - Festival
Chapter 31 - Tutoring
Chapter 32 - Birthday Jr
Chapter 33 - It's a Small Town
Chapter 34 - Study Group
Chapter 35 - Love is in the Air
Chapter 36 - Brainstorming
Chapter 37 - Birthday Sr
Chapter 38 - Where Everything Goes to Crap
Making Music (Noncanon)
Chapter 39 - Off
Chapter 40 - Friendly Match
Chapter 41 - Camp
Chapter 42 - The Secret to Winning
Chapter 43 - Dinner
Chapter 44 - The Talk
Chapter 45 - More Talks
Chapter 46 - Hair
Chapter 47 - Movie Night
*NOT A CHAPTER*
Chapter 48 - I'm Back
Cat. (Noncanon)
Not a chap ):
Chapter 49 - A Typical School Day
Chapter 50 - Confrontation (confession)
Chapter 51 - Team Spirit
Chapter 52 - Everyone's Happy (minus Qiao Chen)

Chapter 6 - Yan Juice

517 14 0
Da gourmetapple

Now that the tennis team actually knew about her as a Tang, Zhihao allowed herself to watch the team practice, visiting the courts here and there.

While she didn't watch the team practice very often, when she did, she made sure to fulfill her duty as Jiale's older sister to humiliate him as much as possible.

Today was one of those days where Zhihao had stayed behind after school to watch the tennis team, taking great pleasure in watching her brother suffer on the tennis court.

As the moment, Zhihao was mentally kicking her feet at the pathetic sight in front of her. The majority of the team was scattered along the floor, their bodies for the most part motionless. The only indication of life from them was the occasional, erratic spasming of their limbs.

Jiale in particular was laying on his side, curled into a tight ball. These team members on the ground had all fallen to A-Yan's Yan-Juice, as a part of their training.

It seems that I've picked a wonderful time to visit tennis practice, Zhihao beamed.

Zhuo Zhi noticed the happy look on Zhihao's face and snickered himself. Now, this won't do.

He then subtly nudged Jiale toward Zhihao, successfully diverting his attention onto his sister's overjoyed expression.

Jiale immediately made a face at his sister, of course she was enjoying herself. He called out to her, "Don't look so happy, Zhihao. How about you try a juice, I think I recall you saying you wanted to just recently." The grin on Zhihao's face dropped just slightly at Jiale's words.

"Uh, well I mean.." Zhihao wasn't sure what to think. While sure, she was curious to try out a Yan-Juice, her instincts, along with the several motionless bodies on the ground, screamed no.

While Zhihao was busy struggling to come up with an excuse to refuse Jiale's offer, Zhuo Zhi had already walked up to Zhihao with his own Yan-Juice in hand.

Seeing how Jiale himself wouldn't be able to move from the ground anytime soon, Zhuo Zhi had taken it upon himself to hand-deliver the juice to Zhihao.

With Zhihao's clearly conflicted feelings in mind, Zhuo Zhi tried a different approach to Zhihao from Jiale.

"Here," he said, setting the green juice down on the table, before taking the seat across from her. "The juice really isn't as bad as Jiale says. He's really just being dramatic, I'm sure you know how he is.."

Jiale was about to defend himself when he cut himself off, catching the slight curl of Zhuo Zhi's lips. Jiale shuddered. The guy was attempting to manipulate his sister into drinking the juice.. Scary bastard.

Zhuo Zhi continued. "The juice is not too sweet, a little tangy, and the bitterness actually balances the flavors out very well. It's not even as bitter as the others say. Try it, see if you like it."

Zhihao eyed the man suspiciously. While her gut urgently told her not to drink the disgustingly green liquid, it also told her that Zhuo Zhi wasn't lying.

Zhihao slowly lifted the glass, not missing how Zhuo Zhi's glinting eyes seemed to watch her hand like a hawk, and then paused, catching the subtle head shake from the captain. She set the drink back down, causing Zhuo Zhi to exhale slightly, and then pushed it back to him. "I think I'm okay with not trying it, thank you Zhuo Zhi."

A-Yan frowned imperceptibly. He had poised his hand above his notebook, ready to jot down Zhihao's reaction to his juice.

Zhuo Zhi gently smiled before nudging the glass back toward the girl. "Are you sure? I don't want you to miss out on such a delicious drink."

His overly gracious words only made Zhihao even more sure. She politely moved the juice back to Zhuo Zhi's side of the table. "I'm sure, really. I appreciate it, Zhuo Zhi, but you should have it. You seem to really love the drink anyway."

As if it was a tennis match, the team watched from the floor as the pair continued to nudge the drink back and forth, each soft nudge accompanied by a carefully crafted sentence or two.

"This is scary.. it's almost like seeing two Zhuo Zhis," Qiao Chen murmured into Lu Xia's ear. Lu Xia nodded in agreement.

After a couple of minutes had past, Siyang decided it was time to put an end to the free entertainment. "Zhuo Zhi just drink the Yan-Juice, it's your own juice anyway. Stop wasting practice time."

In truth, Siyang just wanted to get rid of the drink while he still could. Knowing Zhuo Zhi, Siyang didn't want to risk the chance of the man offering the juice to him instead.

And the smell was making him slightly nauseous, despite him being several feet away from it, but no one needed to know that.

Zhihao flashed a victorious grin at her opponent, who only sat back in his chair amusedly.

"Yes, duìzhǎng," Zhuo Zhi acknowledged his captain's words, giving the man a knowing glance, before gulping down the glass in one go. "Whatever you say." (captain)

Zhihao carefully watched Zhuo Zhi's face for any hint of displeasure at the taste of the juice as he drank, but couldn't find one.

Zhuo Zhi patted his legs before getting up, stretching his arms. Turning around to face Zhihao, the man cheerfully said, "Ah, what a pity, huh? Maybe next time then!" He then proceeded to put his hands into his pockets, whistling a tune as he walked back to the court.

Zhihao shuddered inwardly. Never again was she going to face that man if she didn't have to. Zhuo Zhi really is as scary as Jiale said he is, when he wants to be.

~~~

After practice finally ended (it was dragged out a bit longer by Siyang due to the Zhihao and Zhuo Zhi's interruption), Jiale was more than ready to head home and eat himself into a coma. The man had already skipped ahead of his sister ("I'll race you!"), eagerly anticipating whatever their mother had cooked for dinner.

Zhihao just rolled her eyes at her brother, taking her time leaving. She had half-opened the tennis court gate when she was stopped by Qiao Chen, who was calling out to her to wait up.

Ever since he had witnessed Zhihao face Zhuo Zhi head on in their juice battle and win, Qiao Chen had gained a new profound respect for the woman. It was nice finally having someone other than the captain who could stand up against the scary man.

"When's the next time you're going to come to practice?"

Zhuo Zhi walked up behind Qiao Chen, eavesdropping. He was mildly interested in what Zhihao's answer would be. It was fun being challenged today, and he too wondered when Zhihao would visit next.

"Uh, I'm not really sure yet. It still feels strange that I can freely come here now without any pressure, so I guess we'll just have to see." Qiao Chen seemed to accept this answer.

"Will you be coming to practice more often then?" Zhuo Zhi asked blandly, casually dropping into the conversation from behind Qiao Chen.

Seeing how Zhihao slightly blanched at the sight of him, it seemed that Zhuo Zhi was the only one who enjoyed their interaction today. How unfortunate. Zhuo Zhi hummed, patiently waiting for an answer.

"Well, I guess I can come to visit more often, when I'm not busy, since there's no reason not to anymore. But I think it would still be for best if the team didn't mention me being a Tang around anyone who doesn't yet know. Jiale and I would appreciate it if you guys would be careful about that, so we don't raise any suspicion." Zhihao gave a sheepish smile.

"We can do that, I'll text the team group chat right now actually to let them know," Qiao Chen exclaimed, whipping out his phone, while Zhuo Zhi nodded.

"Well, I'm going to go now, I'll see you guys later," Zhuo Zhi said with a faint smile, before walking past the two and heading out.

"Welp, that's my cue to leave too, I'm sure Jiale is waiting for me. I'll see you later too, Qiao Chen."

Zhihao quickly made her exit as well, running to catch up to her brother. She was starting to get hungry too.

Seeing Zhuo Zhi on the street as well, Zhihao called out, "Have a good night, Zhuo Zhi!" As she passed him on the way she waved at him, prompting him to return one to her as well.

"Good night, indeed."

~~~

A/N: I've had the Yan-Juice scene plague my head for a few days now lmao so finally I get to write it down, yippee

Bye.

- Apple <3

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

215K 10K 46
"Raise your head " The man's voice sounded as if there was no margin for him to resist. So he reluctantly looked up to him. "Mr. Wang, can I help you...
259K 14.2K 48
16 yo Lan zhan is engaged to his childhood friend Lan Yi and there comes Wei wuxian for his studies to Cloud recesses with his siblings. Wei ying fee...
393K 2.9K 67
Former professional snooker genius Lin Yi Yang met the popular nine-ball player Yin Guo on a rare snowstorm night. With the help of Yin Guo's cousin...
512K 33.7K 60
{A YiZhan Mpreg story} Two people from two different world, one of them, Wang Yibo is happy and focused on his work, he is on the way of fulfilling...