√ 𝐸𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑒𝑛𝑡...

By _hyuckulele_

"T-target practice? Like... with guns?" "Well... sometimes we use knives too." ﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉ 𝘌𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘷�... More

introduction.
prologue.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
forty six.
forty seven.
forty eight.
forty nine.
fifty.
fifty one.
fifty two.
fifty three.
fifty four.
fifty five.
fifty six.
author's note
sneak peak: Amaranthine.

epilogue.

1.8K 66 75
By _hyuckulele_

     "So why didn't you just hit him with your knife?"

     "The correct term is 'stab', Jisung."

     Nari pushed the shopping cart with her hip, adjusting the phone pressed to her ear as she scanned the shelves packed with food. "And I didn't stab him because all he did was ask for my number."

     "That's a stabbing offense," Hyunjin argued on the line. Apparently he had put her on speaker, hence Jisung's extremely helpful comments.

The phone was nimbly swiped from her grasp, and Minho winked at her as he continued the conversation. "That's not even the worst part," he exclaimed dramatically, resting his cane on a nearby shelf as he carefully paced a few feet away.

Nari rolled her eyes in exasperation. Even though almost seven months had passed since the overthrowing of Sicarius's headquarters, the group still insisted on sending someone with her everywhere, no matter what. Even on grocery runs.

     Her fingers grasped the jar she had been searching for and she tossed it into the basket, glancing over at Minho, who was animatedly ranting to her boyfriend on the phone. She had called the house to ask if they needed anything else, but it had turned into the boys planning the kidnapping and murder of a man who had innocently asked her out.

     But Nari could understand why they protected her so fiercely. She had been kidnapped twice since joining them.

     "Minho," she called impatiently, making grabbing motions for her phone.

     Leisurely, Minho hung up and stepped back over to his cane, walking to her gingerly before handing Nari the device. "I think I talked them out of the murder part. Probably not the kidnapping, maiming, and intimidation, but we'll work it out."

Minho had started physical therapy only two months after the accident, cursing and fumbling his way through the exercises until he could finally feel and support himself on his own legs again. Step by step, he stubbornly gained his strength back a little at a time, and could now walk with the help of his cane.

     Eyes wide with sarcasm, Nari nodded her dramatic enthusiasm. "Wow, thanks so much for that heartwarming news."

     He shoved at her playfully before dumping a handful of groceries into the basket. "Whatever. Let's go."

After checking out, they lugged the overflowing bags out to the car that Minho had convinced Chan to purchase for the group. Minho slid into the driver's seat, cranking it up even as Nari nervously climbed in next him.

     "Is it really okay for you to drive this much already?"

     "Probably not."

     Regardless of his health, the boy drove the home smoothly, slinging the bags onto his arms as Nari hopped out. "You should really let me help, that can't be good for you."

Scoffing, Minho resolutely stalked into the house. "I may need a cane, but I'm not an old man," he shouted over his shoulder.

Nari groaned and followed him quickly before he broke something, either on his body or in their home.

     He had already hoofed it into the kitchen, and Nari irritatedly stomped after him, until an explosion of noise caused her to flail her arms wildly in panic.

     As she spun to face the living room - which was apparently decked out in balloons and flowers - Jeongin and Felix popped sparkling streamers up at the ceiling; Hyunjin threw an armful of confetti into the air, the heart-shaped pieces fluttering delicately to the floor.

     "What is this?" Nari laughed in blatant surprise, poking an inflated balloon as she wonderingly approached her boyfriend.

     Hyunjin gasped at her offensive comment, bringing a hand to his chest in dramatized shock. "It's officially our 200th day together! Happy anniversary!"

     He blew into a rattling noisemaker as Felix and Jisung squealed at ear-piercing volume, clapping quickly at the cute scene.

Chan carefully entered from the kitchen, holding a small cake with an absurd amount of candles shoved into the icing. He sheepishly grinned at the overwhelmed girl.

     "I couldn't stop him from planning something, sorry. Let me know how the cake tastes."

     Nari just giggled as the falling confetti tickled her eyelashes, throwing her arms around Hyunjin as everyone cheered, Minho joining them while clapping tiredly.

     "Thank you, I love it," she said, smacking a kiss onto his now red cheek. Hyunjin squeezed her around the waist and buried his face into her neck, the others teasing loudly as they embraced.

     "Come on, blow out the candles," Changbin complained as the wax began melting onto the icing.

     Nari laced her fingers through Hyunjin's as they shut their eyes and wished on the cake, aromatic smoke curling into the air as they silently sent their thoughts away.

     "Great, saliva and sugar for everyone," Seungmin laughed, swiping his fingers on the cake before smearing the sugary icing onto the couple's faces.

     He was then aggressively booed away from the dessert as Chan sliced the "infected" cake, everyone wandering from the room as they dug into their giant pieces.

Hyunjin led Nari to one of the couches with their loaded plates, wringing his hands nervously as she eased down.

     "I'm sorry I didn't realize what day it was, I'd have gotten you something," she apologized, swirling her fork around bashfully. Hyunjin shook his head insistently, eyebrows shooting up in disagreement.

     "No no, I wanted this to be a surprise," he promised, sliding his hand hesitantly into his pocket. "This whole party was kind of an excuse to give you this, actually."

     Her heart almost stopped as he pulled a small box from his clothes. "Hyunjin..."

     He immediately read her face and kissed her shaking hand, chucking at her flustered demeanor. "Don't worry, I'm not proposing. Yet," he added, biting his lip as he looked down at the box.

     Regardless, her heart lept as he revealed the shining ring that rested in the box.

     "I know we aren't ready to be that committed, but I want to make sure you know how serious I am about us. This is just a promise and reminder of that," he explained softly, pulling the ring from its plush satin bed. "I don't plan on spending the rest of my life with anyone else, so here's my promise to you. To always choose you, to stay."

     He was being so painfully sweet and genuine, her chest almost split with her love for him. Gently, he cradled her hand, fiddling with her fingers as he gazed down at the ring.

     "Will you accept my promise?" he asked, eyes wide in desperate anticipation for her answer.

     "Yes, always."

     A happy uproar ensued as Hyunjin reverently slid the ring onto Nari's finger, the boys suddenly appearing from their hiding spots and celebrating the moment more intensely than the couple who were experiencing it.

     But that was the appeal, these boys who shared in each other's happiness and achievements and love. They accepted and supported each other in a way that no one else had ever done for themselves.

Most importantly, they stayed for each other.

end.

:,)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 42.6K 71
Oh dear... Stray Kids have your number? started: 03.09.18 ended: - NOTE: UNEDITED! *HIGHEST RANK: #1 in #StrayKids
46.6K 1K 34
"I can take care of myself! I don't need your charity! " "you have a fever. I need to-" "don't touch me with your filthy hands!" "listen here, you li...
257K 13K 32
"how are you going to return it if there's no name on it?" "I guess I'll just have to read in order to find out who it belongs to." ~~~ minho finds a...
89.9K 2.1K 37
{ MAFIA AU } "yes I'm a beast and I can't help it . I'll kill anyone who tries to touch you or be near you" 🏅 #1 in straykidsmafia #1 in Chrisbang ...