Gold Dust Woman- Lip Gallagher

By shamelessduh-

well, did she make you cry? make you break down? shatter your illusions of love? now tell me, is it over now... More

beginnings
an old lady on the train?
is that my shirt?
the last friday
karen
who did what to mandy milkovich?!
above the covers
debbie stole a baby
reconciliation
wedding
why do we help people we hate?
drunken makeout
fake funeral
what the hell is that?!
why do you always blame dad first?
you were my mother too!
dna tests
you are not frank gallagher's son
a close call
i love you, you idiot
SEASON 2
i need my own room
he's two!
fuck you, fuck you, and especially fuck you
we can't keep having this conversation
obsessed with death (filler)
i heart sizzler
you're just someone who never leaves our house
stay away from this baby
you can get back to your whore
steve's back
i will fuck you up!
you three still not talking?
jesse pinkman's wet dream
school or leave
you're lucky your mom's dead
this is between us
i love your hazel eyes
i thought you said it was mine
go home
SEASON 3
i love you too, shithead
you'll know it when you see it
you don't live here anymore
he's not yours, kev
why'd you grab my sack?
carl thinks he's a cancer survivor
i can explain this
no, thank you, and god bless you
what's a w-2?
karen's back
she can't keep getting away with this
it wouldn't change anything
i've lost him forever
epilogue
SEQUEL

i'm happy with who we are

2.1K 35 2
By shamelessduh-

We all relocated next door. No one said a word as we waited anxiously. I sat with Carl, rubbing his back as Lip and Ian looked through the window.

"What are they doing?" Fiona said.

"Looks like packing," Lip said.

"What about Liam?" Debbie said.

"Can't tell through the window."

"We could call the police!" Debbie said, "Tell them Liam's being kidnapped."

"Hey. We're gonna figure this shit out," Fiona said, "No matter what!"

"Hey, guys, they're coming out," Lip said.

We all walked outside. Bob was putting their stuff in the trunk while Monica held Liam. She looked at all of us and walked closer. As she got closer, I could see she'd been crying. She kissed Liam on the cheek and slowly gave him back to Fiona. 

Monica slowly walked away, sobbing.

"Mom!" Fiona said.

She turned back. Fiona didn't say anything except for a slight nod. As the two drove away, I leaned my head on Lip's shoulder. 

______________________________________________________________

"So, Ian isn't Frank's, but Liam is?" my dad said, finishing the rest of his coffee.

 "I know," I said, "Don't know how the hell that worked out."

"So, who is his dad?" Jenna said.

"Well, they said it's a close relative, so probably one of Frank's three brothers," Diana said, "Lip and Ian should be here soon. We're going to visit Frank's mom in jail and ask her because some of the family didn't even know he had brothers."

There was a knock on the door, so I got up.

"Diana, you can't go today, remember?" Jenna said, "Martin's taking you out to practice driving."

Diana groaned as I opened the door. 

"Good morning, boys!" Jenna said. 

"Morning, Jenna," Lip said as Ian smiled, "Ready to go, Mayo?" 

"Yup," I said, grabbing my gray beanie and fingerless gloves before heading out the door, "No Karen?"

"Nah, she's too busy being mad at her dad. She has a nose ring and is into death metal now."

"Why?"

"He called her a whore."

I snorted, "Because that's what she is. No need to go haywire over it."

__________________________________________________________

After going through security and being patted down by the guards, we got let in and went into prisoner visitation. 

"Hey, Grammy," Lip said.

"Who the hell are you?"

"Grams, it's us. Lip and Ian. Frank's sons."

"Your grandsons?" Ian said.

"I'm not one of yours. Just a friend," I said. 

She smiled as she slowly remembered, "Oh my goodness. Look at you two. I have never seen apple and spice looking so nice."

"Thanks, Grammy," Ian said.

"How's it going in there?" Lip said.

"The food's not so great, but the pussy's good," Grammy said, "Never thought I'd be the type. Oh, this dump ain't so bad. I can get blow any time I like."

After a little more filling in about prison, she asked us what we wanted. 

"We're trying to find Dad's brothers," Lip said, "There's three, right?"

"Who wants to know?"

"Just us."

"One might be my dad," Ian said.

"How so?"

"Monica boned a brother," Lip said.

"What?"

"Monica fucked one of Frank's brothers," I said. 

"I never liked that woman," Grammy said, "So, I give you the names. What are you gonna do for me?"

"What do you want?" 

"Cigarettes. Carton a week."

"You can get blow in there, but not cigs?" I said.

"Go figure," she chuckled, "What's your name, miss?"

"Mayo," I said.

"Mayo? Like the fucking condiment?" she said.

"Yea. M- my full name is Maelyn, though," I said. 

"Clayton, Jerry, my baby, Wyatt. But don't bother with Wyatt. He lost his testicles in the navy."

A guard came over and told her her time was up.

"Oh, and more thing," she said as she was being dragged away, "Mayo, you seem like a good girl, so don't let either of my grandsons knock you up, got it?"

I nodded, looked at Lip and Ian, and laughed.

_______________________________________________________________

We went back to Lip and Ian's, where Debbie and Fiona were making cupcakes.

"These are vanilla," Fiona said as she looked at us, "Where've you three been all day?"

"We went to go see Grammy like you suggested."

"Oh, yeah? How is she?"

"Still mean as a snake."

"Ah," Fiona said, looking over at Carl, who was devouring the frosting, "Carl! We're decorating, not eating."

_____________________________________________________________________

The next day, Lip drove. When we parked in front of what we were pretty sure was Jerry's house, Lip called someone, but it went to voicemail. 

"Yo, where were you? Sorry about yesterday, all right? Call me back. Don't be mad."

"Karen?" Ian said.

"Yeah."

"Just give up already," I said, "She doesn't want to hear it."

"Why is it we've never met any of Frank's brothers?" Ian said.

"Family reunions are for families,"  Lip said as we went up the stairs and knocked on the door, "And will the guy behind door number one be Ian Gallagher's ticket out?"

"Shut up!"

The door opened, revealing a Frank Gallagher look-alike, except with shorter hair and a bit more of an outstanding citizen.

"Yea?" Jerry said.

"Holy shit," we all said.

"What do you want?"

"Uh, we're Lip and Ian, Frank Gallagher's sons, and we were wondering-

Before Lip could finish, Jerry slammed the door in our faces, cursing us out.

Well, that's another one down. 

We went to Clayton's, in a nicer neighborhood where he lived with his wife. The dude looked exactly like Ian, and it was a weird coincidence because Ian's middle name was also Clayton. 

Clayton showed us a photo book of him and Frank as altar boys.

"Wow, Frank around the communion wine, that must've been a challenge, huh?" Lip said as Clayton laughed.

"Father Frank, as we used to call him. Very devout," Clayton said, "He was, uh, first in his class at catechism."

"Frank?" I said.

"So, what brings you kids around?" Lucy, his wife asked.

"Uh, well, we're working on a family tree project at school, Lucy," Lip said, "Aunt Lucy."

"Wow, well good for you!" Clayton said, "Did your dad tell you where I lived?"

"No, no, we looked it up," Lip said.

"I don't suppose he would have," Clayton said, "We um, had a falling out a long time ago."

"Does anybody need some more pop?" Lucy said abruptly. 

"It was my fault. I should've done something about it, I just never did-

"Clayton. I need your help in the kitchen. With the pop."

"Ok, more pop," he said, getting up.

We could hear them arguing from the other room, and I could tell the whole thing freaked Ian out, so he put on his coat.

"Let's go."

"What, they're great!" Lip said.

"Come on, Ian," I said.

"I can't do this."

"Do what?" 

"This!" Ian said, "Ruin their lives."

"That guy's totally your dad," Lip said.

"You don't know that," Ian said.

"Ian, open your eyes!" I said, "You look like a carbon copy of him!"

"So, what am I supposed to do?" Ian said, "Pack my bags and move in here."

"Have you checked this place out?" Lip chuckled.

Ian scoffed and walked out, so we followed him out. 

"Ian," Lip said.

"Ian," I said, "Will you stop?!"

"We should at least go in and-

"Look!" Ian said, "This is about you, all right? Not me. Look, we all have our problems with Frank, but he's still my father. And Fiona's my sister, and you're my brother. Debbie, Carl, Liam. We're a family."

"Yeah, but Ian, you could have a sweet life here," Lip said, and I nodded my head. 

"I'm happy with who we are," Ian said, "Even if you're not."

Ian got back in the car, and Lip and I looked over at Clayton, who was at the door. Lip waved goodbye and I said thank you before we left.

I honestly saw both sides. Lip wanted a better life for Ian, but Ian wanted the family he grew up in, even if that meant not knowing his real dad. 

As we drove home, I noticed Lip was going a little over the speed limit, and that a cop car was tailgating us.

"Lip, slow down," I said, "Now."

He did as I said, but the cop car still followed us and flashed its lights. So, we had no other choice but to pull over.

Next thing I know, we're on the curb, handcuffed. We heard Tony's voice and the name Steve and turned our heads, and by the look on Tony's face, he was just as shocked as we were.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 101 6
"i'm in the corner watching you kiss her, i'm right over here, why can't you see me? i'm giving it my all, i'm not the girl you're taking home, i'll...
117K 1.4K 37
𝗶'𝗺 𝗴𝗹𝗮𝗱, 𝗜 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗮 𝗴𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗽𝘀𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻. the fate of a fucked up gallagher falling for a fucked u...
3.4K 18 15
imagine of your favorite shameless characters. anyway, some might be sad.
133K 1.6K 38
Mickey and Ian's love story but Mickey's genderswapped. Their full love story, I might add. From Season 1 to Season 11. So spoilers ahead! This will...