ALPHA | BTS FANFICTION

Door BangtanArmies

SURVIVAL SEASON 2. [TEASER AVAILABLE] PLEASE READ SURVIVAL PART 1 BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THIS STORY!!! Meer

ALPHA
Alpha - Blooming Flowers - Chapter 1
Alpha - Phone Number - Chapter 2
Alpha - Aftertaste - Chapter 3
Alpha - Squabble - Chapter 4
Alpha - Checkmate - Chapter 5
Alpha - Adult Love - Chapter 6
Alpha - The Riddle - Chapter 7
Alpha - Mind Games - Chapter 8
Alpha - The Protagonist - Chapter 9
Alpha - Carrot Cake - Chapter 10
Alpha - The Corset - Chapter 11
Alpha - Dark Flames - Chapter 12
Alpha - Midnight Rain - Chapter 13
Alpha - The Pervert - Chapter 14
Alpha - Hot SSAM - Chapter 15
Alpha - Poisonous Prick - Chapter 16
Alpha - The Wilderness - Chapter 17
Alpha - Problematic Man - Chapter 18
Alpha - First Blood - Chapter 19
Alpha - Poisonous Intimacy - Chapter 20
Alpha - Fair Trade - Chapter 21
Alpha - Silent Killer - Chapter 22
Alpha - Unscratched - Chapter 23
Alpha - A Goddess - Chapter 24
Alpha - Wild Card - Chapter 25
Alpha - Murder Trial - Chapter 26
Alpha - Beautiful Woman - Chapter 27
Alpha - Parallel Lines - Chapter 28
Alpha - Glass Heart - Chapter 29
Alpha - The Curse - Chapter 30
Alpha - Double Edged - Chapter 31
Alpha - Cursed Child - Chapter 33
Alpha - Lone Wolf - Chapter 34
Alpha - Fire Bird - Chapter 35
Alpha - Blood Thirst - Chapter 36
Alpha - A Snowflake - Chapter 37
Alpha - Light & Shadow - Chapter 38
Alpha - Inner Warmth - Chapter 39
Alpha - Invisible Bruises - Chapter 40
Alpha - Counter Attack - Chapter 41
Alpha - The Prophecy - Chapter 42
Alpha - Death Angel - Chapter 43
Alpha - Divine Offering - Chapter 44
Alpha - Red Petals - Chapter 45
Alpha - Cotton Candy - Chapter 46
Alpha - Cruel World - Chapter 47
Alpha - The Untamed - Chapter 48
Alpha - A Mother's Sacrifice - Chapter 49
Alpha - Love Greed - Chapter 50
Alpha - Our Fairytale - Chapter 51
Alpha - Translucent Porcelain - Chapter 52
Alpha - The Apocalypse - Chapter 53
Alpha - Child Support - Chapter 54
Alpha - Power Burden - Chapter 55
Alpha - Everlasting Legacy - Chapter 56
Alpha - Winter Storm - Chapter 57
Alpha - White Lies - Chapter 58
Alpha - Backup Plan - Chapter 59
Alpha - Souls Ascension - Chapter 60
Alpha - Blue and Grey - Chapter 61
Alpha - Autumn Leaves - Chapter 62
Alpha - Love Debt - Chapter 63
Alpha - Winter Breath - Chapter 64
Alpha - Love Affairs - Chapter 65
Alpha - Internal Wounds - Chapter 66
Alpha - Cursed Flame - Chapter 67
Alpha - Predator & Prey - Chapter 68
Alpha - Disgraceful Existence - Chapter 69
Alpha - Our Love Story - Chapter 70
BONUS CHAPTER - PART 1
BONUS CHAPTER - PART 2
BONUS CHAPTER - PART 3
BONUS CHAPTER - PART 4 (FINAL)

Alpha - Creams & Crumbs - Chapter 32

259 17 68
Door BangtanArmies

Third Person POV

Jeon Jungkook rubbed away the cold rainwater from his damp face while strolling out of the elevator after landing on the highest floor with his suit hanging from his forearm. Beep. The alpha scanned the card and opened the door, entering Jang Sora's private penthouse. He called her earlier, but her phone was unreachable, so he decided to drop by to ensure she was safe at home.

The supreme alpha was mopping a small puddle of water on the floor in her casual clothes. Jungkook halted in place. She lifted her gloomy face to stare at his wet shoes. Drip... Drip... more water splattered by the door as Jungkook stared at her grim expression.

"I couldn't get him to leave," Sora shrugged. Jungkook didn't budge and stared at her in confusion.

"What?" The alpha asked, unsurely questioning the unspecified pronoun. He?

Sora sighed and glanced at the kitchen, uneasily gripping the mop handle.

Cling... Cling... Cling...

The sound of empty bottles colliding against one another echoed monotonously throughout the place. Jeon Jungkook frowned once he realized there was movement in the kitchen, and cautiously rounded the corner without taking off his shoes, leaving behind his wet trails... to discover... a pair of long legs extended over the floor. The alpha stopped dead as soon as his eyes landed on a person.

Kim Taehyung... sat with his back pressed against the counter and head hung low. His hair... striking messily over his somber face. His clothes were soaked and his white socks were wet and dirty. The second-rank alpha tightly clutched a half-empty wine bottle in his hand as if his life depended on it, so Jungkook glanced at the other empty wine bottles... rolling freely over the floor.

"I can't run anymore because this is my home," Sora muttered. Jungkook frowned and lifted his gaze to her unbothered reaction as Taehyung sat unconscious against the counter.

"He came to you?" Jungkook asked, calmly drawing out his phone to contact someone.

"Yeah. Take him and leave. His wife must be worried about him," Sora nodded, putting the mop away in the bathroom. She returned to sit on the couch with her legs crossed as Jungkook stood with one hand on his hips.

"I found him. Kim Taehyung," Jungkook darkly spoke into the phone. The alpha glanced at Sora as she switched on the television with an unbothered look.

A moment later

Jang Sora's POV

I frowned at my packed living space in disbelief as the elders filled the room, disrupting my peace with their loud footsteps and chatter. Why did Jungkook call them?! He could've quietly brought him home! Do-hwan appeared with Jimin, so I scoffed and glanced at the television screen in annoyance. I just mopped the floor but the entire place is stained with muddy shoeprints again!

"You rascal!" Mrs. Kim cried, collapsing beside her son, who was now... resting on the couch. Taehyung's cheeks were rosy red from the alcohol influence and his forehead... glazed with a thick coat of sweat. Jungkook heaved the drunk man onto my crouch after he contacted the elders.

"Are you alright?" Jimin asked, approaching me anxiously.

The room buzzed loudly as the elders conversed about whatever- as if I didn't exist within the room. Why are they here!? I left the goddamn mansion because I didn't want to deal with their bullshit, but they followed me all the way to my private living space!? I grimaced, deeply sighing in irritation at their unannounced arrival at the penthouse.

"I want him out of my place!" I demanded, angrily snapping my head towards the crowd. The room suddenly grew hushed at my rude interruption. They glanced at me, finally acknowledging my dark frown. Eomma fired Taehyung a disappointed glare as she restlessly stood by the couch with appa.

"Sora, sweetie-"

"Everyone out of my door! Now!" I firmly instructed with my arms folded. The elders glanced at one another and back at me.

"You're not aware?" Jimin asked, glancing at me uneasily. I shifted my irritated gaze to the elders.

"Kim Taehyung ran away from the wedding this morning. He's been missing the entire day," Eomma informed. I quickly opened my mouth to snap back but halted once my brain processed her words. Startled, I glanced at the man as he remained motionless on the couch.

"So? That's his business. I've already fled from my house because of him, so he shouldn't chase me around," I shifted my stern gaze back to the elders. They worriedly glanced at Taehyung and back to me as the storm thundered relentlessly over the city.

And I suddenly noticed... the distinct fear on the elder's faces.

They were frightened.

Fast Forward

"Sora-"

"H-Huh!? Oh- Oh yeah!-???" I snapped out of my thoughts, wildly turning to find Bogum mopping the floor beside me.

"You should head home. You don't look well lately," Bogum sighed. I glanced at the mess on the coffee table. Shit. I've been out of my mind since the incident. A customer complained today because I accidentally added too much sugar to her drink. And another customer came to return our dessert after I gave him the wrong flavor. The store was a mess when Bogum arrived, so he decided to help me clean the place.

Bogum hired me after I saw his job requirement posted on the door. He gladly took me in and even trained me for a week before I started my shift.

"I'll close the shop and leave," I nodded, bending down to pick up the empty cups and tissues, and then hurried behind the counter to dispose of the waste.

Bogum worriedly watched me as I washed the cups in the sink with an expressionless face. Yeah. I quit the university. There's no point in attending the goddam academy anymore, not after missing out on... so many lectures. Besides, I'm a shadow student. The academy won't acknowledge my performance anyways. I like it better... working in the average world. I'll just... marry a man from the society when my mother finds a suitable match for me, but for now... I'll live my life freely... like I've always wanted.

"Let's drink together this weekend," Bogum loudly spoke up as I strolled down the street after leaving the store. I chuckled and turned to wave at my boss as he poked his head out from the doorway. He gave me a thumbs up, so I turned and walked down the sidewalk after my tiring night shift. The streets were still bustling busily as I passed the main road, staring unblinkingly at the advertisements on the massive billboards and strolled over the crosswalk after the lights turned green.

I felt invisible amongst the crowd of commoners. Commoners? That's how the society prefers to address the average. Funny how the wealthy view themselves as some sort of... superior entity when we're in fact... just like everyone else. An ordinary human being. With a soul and emotions.

We're all tired at the end of the day. We're all caught up with our personal problems, living by the day... just to survive tomorrow. And constantly hoping that our life will get better at some point. So we keep moving, just like I'm walking amongst the crowd of the average people on the sidewalk. Praying... That I'll someday... achieve permanent happiness in my life.

I visited the local market to buy fresh ingredients from the stores and returned to my apartment building. 10:00 PM. Dread loomed over me once the elevator dinged, sliding open to expose the single black door leading to my penthouse. I exhaled deeply to mentally recollect my senseless mind, walked toward the door, unlocked the handle, and strolled inside to find... Kim Taehyung... sitting on the couch with his eyes fixed on the television screen. I ignored his unwelcoming presence and hurriedly entered the kitchen to prepare the meals.

Why is he here with me? The stubborn jerk refused to leave, and why didn't I run? I'm tired of running. This is my house. I'll never run away from my home because of him again. Apparently... He ghosted Hwa-young at the altar and fled the venue, leaving the guests and the elders in utter shock. They sent people out to comb the streets for him, but you guessed it... no trace. He ended up in my building to confront me about the abortion, and we argued. I did everything I could to make him leave- but he refused and decided to gobble my liquor until he collapsed in the kitchen.

The elders refused to let him return to the mansion after failing to hatch a valid excuse for his bewildering act to abandon the bride. So they're hiding him here temporarily until they figure out a solution with the Chul. Sungho is a powerful heir... and clashing with a second rank is extremely dangerous for my mother. Hwa-young might not be the heiress, but she's still pure blood from a powerful family.

It's been a week since the wedding disaster... and we didn't speak, even if we're residing in the same space.

I exhaled in great relief after an intense cooking session, carefully settling the plate on the counter, and stuffed my growling stomach with the steaming meal until I noticed a movement before me. I lifted my startled face to find Taehyung sitting on the stool across from mine with a dispirited face as he hungrily eyed my single rice bowl and chicken bulgogi. Taehyung didn't say anything but swallowed at the sight of the steaming food. Fuck? Is he seriously playing the pity game with me? I swallowed the food with difficulty, hurriedly shoving the remaining rice into my mouth, lifted the empty dish to wash in the sink, and rushed to my room. Thud. I slammed the door shut, locked it and hurriedly showered.

Third Person POV

Kim Taehyung sat blankly at the counter after his former lover left without acknowledging his presence. He gloomily swallowed his hunger and slowly got up to open the fridge, but there was nothing inside aside from the packed side dishes. The alpha sighed, taking out a box of sweet radish to place it on a plate, and turned to dig out a small portion of cold rice from the cooker. He grabbed the soy sauce bottle to season his rice and finally sat alone in the dim kitchen with a chopstick. Poke. Poke.

The alpha nudged the plain side dish and lowered his head to eat the bland rice, quietly chewing with his puffy eyes fixed on the tasteless radish. He ate just enough to keep himself alive.

She never cooked for him, so he had to fend for himself. She didn't do his laundry, so he had to hand wash his dirty clothes. She didn't give him a blanket, so he had to huddle on the couch at night. Day after day... he'd rot on the couch after she left to work... keeping his gloomy gaze glued to the abortion document.

Shame and regrets... carving a deep hole within his sore chest as the endless misery bothered him with an uncomfortable hollowness.

Flashback: After she attacked Taehyung in the gym.

Sora's POV

Blurp. I coughed in distress as a jolt of slimy vomit ejected from my windpipe. I sobbed in discomfort to resist the burning sensation in my throat while gripping the toilet with my face screwed. I feel so sick. I barf another blob of discharge into the bowl. My throat was sore... and my nose was runny as the nauseous sensation spun the room around me. I slumped weakly onto the tiles with my head hung low after the last blurp, deeply breathing to soothe the ache in my chest. I felt terrible. My body... it's so weak... I could barely move my aching muscles.

My thick... saliva... stretching from my numb lips and... dripping onto my gown.

I sniffled quietly and took a deep exhale to flush the dizziness from my mind, finally lifting my wearied gaze to stare at the pads on the cabinet. I gulped and glanced down at my foul vomit in the bowl with a slight frown. When did I last have my period? I don't remember. I blinked, slowly grabbing the sink to haul my weak body upward, flushed the toilet, and shakily lowered my head to splash the cold water at my burning face. My eyes were bloodshot from the rapid tear production and painful pressure from crying endlessly.

A moment later.

"Would you like anything else?" The cashier asked after scanning my pregnancy kit. I stood with my hands in my pockets and a hood over my head. Gulping, I glanced at the freezer full of ice creams.

"How much is the kit?" I asked the teenage kid.

"7,500 won," He responded. I gulped and turned toward the freezer to stare at an ice cream cone. 4,000 won. I dug into my pocket... pulling out the single... 10,000 note. Sighing, I glanced at the small popsicle. 2,000 won. I slid the glass to the side and reached for a melon-flavored popsicle, finally placing it on the counter. The cashier handed me a coin after processing my payment.

"Is there a bathroom?" I asked. He nodded and showed me to a small public restroom. Sniffling, I unwrapped the kit to test my pregnancy and finally walked out to sit at the outdoor table. The result will show up in about five minutes. I'll stay calm until then.

Sora... How did you not notice your delayed menstrual cycle? I quietly licked the popsicle to absorb the sweet aftertaste with my head tilted toward the vast dark sky with my puffy eyes. We always used condoms... How is it possible? Maybe I'm just sick because of the heartbreak? Sora. You did it raw with him a few times. But I always took my pills?-

"You're pregnant?" A familiar voice spoke up behind me, making me jerk in a panic. I quickly turned around to find... Park Jimin... standing behind my chair with his shaken gaze on the kit on the table. I froze with the popsicle in my mouth and shifted my eyes to the... two red stripes.

Pregnant.

Gulping, I kept my eyes on the result in horror. My mind went blank as the popsicle melted over my fingers. Jimin glanced at me worriedly as I remained frozen in the seat. I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Don't tell anyone," I murmured, avoiding his concerned eyes. Why am I pregnant now?! I grabbed the kit to shove it in my pocket and got up to leave the mart before he could stop me.

A week later.

The pregnancy took a toll on me. I felt helpless. A part of me wanted to tell Taehyung about it... but what's the point? He'll never listen to me. If he doesn't care about me... a woman he claimed to love... he probably won't care about the child... either. As a matter of fact, the cruel jerk might just... accuse me of carrying another man's child.

And the thought of raising a child alone...? It's scary. I don't want to have his child, not after witnessing his insensitive nature when it comes to... handling love. Kim Taehyung can't be the father... and I don't want to live my entire life... dwelling in the guilt of birthing a child without a proper father figure.

We never planned to have children anyways... so there's no point in... delivering an innocent soul into this society. Not when the child's parents aren't together. The child won't survive the power game without a complete family.

"Careful-" Jimin gasped, helping me slip over the mansion's wall after I climbed our dumpster. I grunted as he settled me onto the sidewalk.

"Did you tell anyone-"

"You told me to stay quiet," Jimin shrugged, unsurely staring at me. I gulped and glanced at my stomach and back at him.

"I need your help," I muttered. Jimin studied my unhealthy-looking skin tone with an uneasy expression. We stared at each other in silence on the evening street.

Dread filled Jimin's face as he contemplated my absurd request.

A moment later.

A woman grunted in pain as she strolled out of the medical room, causing Jimin to tense his body again. Another woman entered after her. I sighed and glanced at the written medical form on my lap.

"Are you sure about this? Shouldn't you speak to him first? If not- you should seek advice from the head doctor," Jimin muttered worriedly as he attempted to convince me to reconsider the abortion. But I've already made up my mind. The longer I wait... The more indecisive I will be. I didn't have the money to abort my child. I mean, I could use my credit card....? But my parents will find out about my pregnancy since they track my daily transactions.

"No. It's my child... so I'll bear the decision alone," I shook my head. Jimin furrowed his eyebrows and glanced at the women in the room as they waited for their turn.

"You're right. You're the mother, so it's your decision whether or not to conceive the child," Jimin sighed, gently taking my hand in his to comfort me. I wearily stared at the alpha. I didn't want to let anyone know about my pregnancy because I wanted to quietly get an abortion... but Jimin found out by accident, so I figured I should ask him for help.

Jimin appeared troubled by my decision to terminate my pregnancy but didn't try to persuade me... until it was my turn to enter the room.

The doctor reviewed my blood tests and questioned my pregnancy terms and medical conditions before I was permitted to change into a medical gown. I was instructed to rest on the exam table with my legs hooked over the stirrups. The nurse told me to relax as the female doctor sat before my wide-opened legs to examine my private part. I nervously gripped the handle with my terrified eyes on the dim light above me as she inserted something cold inside me. My body jolted at the chilly sensation, so I pursed my lips as I felt the injected anesthesia seeping into my cervix.

A flash of memories suddenly flickered across my mind, but I immediately shut my eyes to keep his stupid face out of my head until my heart started racing in fear. A rush of tears filled my eyes as I panicked on the table. Sora? Are you sure about this? You don't have to do this. The child can lead a happy life without the jerk.

"Does it hurt-"

"No. No- I'm just- overwhelmed," I shook my head. The doctor worriedly watched me cry, so I bit my trembling lips and laid back down with a shattered heart.

Eomma... is terribly sorry for doing this to you. If there's another chance... please come back to eomma. I'll make sure to birth you into a happy family. A family with a proper father figure. A father who will love us unconditionally. So until then... Please forgive eomma for doing this to you. I desperately apologized to my baby, hoping it'll understand my heartbreaking decision to give up on the poor soul.

"Please rest a little and don't... cry too much. You did your best," The doctor announced. I flung my eyes open as the warm tears slid down the corner of my face. My mind is entirely blank. My heart... throbbing in pain. And my body... numbed from the procedure.

It's over. There's no turning back now.

I repeatedly blinked to break the wall of tears over my eyes after a minute of staring at the light above me... slowly lifting my head in confusion after the quick procedure. It didn't take as long as I anticipated. The woman spoke to me briefly as I was resting on the bed, consulting me with professional advice on my recovery, so I nodded and was finally allowed to leave the room half an hour later.

"Are you alright??? Does it hurt?" Jimin worriedly rushed over to support my arm. I nodded and sat down on the couch in the lobby in difficulty as I endured the sore cramp between my legs.

"Thank you," I whispered, lifting my tearful eyes to meet his. Jimin pursed his lips as he held tightly onto my arms. I don't think it's something he'd be grateful for... but I'm still thankful.

"Aish... that fucking asshole. Come here," Jimin cursed in frustration, suddenly pulling me into a tight hug. I gripped his shirt, buried my face against his shoulder, and softly cried in pain. He patted my back to comfort me as I broke down against his shoulder. I'm a terrible person.

Jimin took me back to the mansion after the secret procedure at the clinic, and I remained isolated from everyone. The painful cramps lasted a few days, and I'd have small blood spots on my panties. I took medication prescribed by the doctor to ease the discomfort, and after a week... the pain subsided. And once again, I was left with infectious heartbreak.

I desperately attempted to dismiss the guilt inside my chest but day after day... I felt more and more... terrible for killing my own child. Why would a mother do this to their child? What kind of a mother am I? I blamed myself for my child's demise. Who else can I blame? It was my decision.

The regrets tore me apart until I felt... helpless. I don't deserve to live. Why is that... the first person... I killed... is my very own... blood? My child? How is it that my hands are smeared with my child's blood?

I am a fucking monster.

I shakily lowered my troubled gaze to the abortion form with the kitchen knife beside it.

"Should eomma... just die? I'll search for you in the afterlife. Should we move on together? Hmm? So you wouldn't feel lonely and lost in the darkness? Eomma should find... my precious baby... so I can protect you," I whispered in tears while clutching onto the document and lowered my head to cry in grief.

And so, I killed myself, not because of Kim Taehyung but because of the guilt of aborting my child. I believed... I could escape my miserable life... to find my lost baby. And while I was... helplessly resting in my pool of blood... it wasn't Kim Taehyung that I was aching for. Just before I passed out... I saw... myself... caring for a child.

The imaginary glimpses... flashing before my eyes with vivid visions as I remained helpless with a wounded wrist.

I desperately... longed for an unbreakable bond with my child.

A happy life. A mother and her love for her little ones.

I saw it. Me... and my children, living happily in a world full of love and comfort.

The Parallel Universe

"Eomma~!" A little girl cutely chortled, grabbing my hand as she sucked on my breast. I chuckled and stroked her tiny fingers as she brightly observed my face with her pretty doe eyes.

"Eomma! Can we play on the beach?! Just for a moment! Please?!" Two adorable twin boys appeared, slightly tugging my dress. I softly chuckled as they dragged me onto the afternoon beach. The boys shrieked with excitement, turning to chase each other across the beach as I hugged the little bundle in my arms.

"Eomma~! I'm the top scorer in my class this month!" Another boy smiled, proudly showing me his gold medal. He was slightly older than all the other children. I ruffled his hair and sat down on the bench with him to watch the twins splash water at each other on the shallow end.

"Wah~ Wah~ Wah?!" The little baby girl giggled. I glanced down to find her giggling at the older boy. The child chuckled at his adorable sister and leaned down to kiss the little fetus, so I placed my arm around the boy's shoulder to hold him against me.

"Eomma! We found a seashell! It's so pretty!" The twins giggled, rushing forward to show me their shell collection. I smiled as they showed the baby girl the shiny shell, causing her to kick her legs in excitement at the sight of her brother's glossy shells. I lifted my daughter to kiss her plump cheeks, happily absorbing her soothing flowery scent with a weak smile.

"Sora..." A dark voice called. Cluelessly, I shifted my eyes from her rosy pink cheeks to find... Kim Taehyung... standing before me. Dark blood... drenching his body and clothes. I gripped the child in fear as he stared at me with his evil darkness.

"AH!" I screamed when he suddenly launched forward to attack me- Snap.

My eyes flung open in a panic. I frantically lifted my head off the pillow as a nurse remained at my bedside. She was comforting me, so I turned my head wildly to find... myself... in the hospital suite with the IV drip injected into my veins. I fearfully glanced around the room to search for the presence of the children... but they were nowhere to be found. I shakily exhaled and slumped back onto the pillow as the nurse alerted the head doctor until my eyes slowly drifted to the... bandage around my wounded wrist.

It was only a dream. A strikingly vivid dream.

End of flashback

__________________________

Grumbling softly, I sleepily rolled off my bed after silencing my annoying morning alarm and pulled open my bedroom door. My feet suddenly caught on something, sending me tumbling hard onto the floor. Thud! I grunted in shock as I sat up to find the cushions scattered... all over the floor. My eyes drifted to the dirty clothes on the couch in disbelief.

"What the fuck?" I gasped, crawling on my feet to find Taehyung sleeping shirtless on the couch. Empty bottles... were rolling all over the carpet. I groaned, hastily picking up the cushions from the floor and flung them angrily at his face. Is he a pig!? How is he so messy?! I keep cleaning up after him! I angrily picked up his clothes with the broom and swung it onto his lifeless body. Still... he didn't budge but lay like a dead person. I glared intensely at his annoying face and bent down to pick up the empty bottle. I SHOULD JUST SMASH HIS HEAD-

"Good morning-"

"AH!" I shrieked in a panic when I felt something grazing my thigh. I wildly swung the broom- SMACK. Taehyung gasped in shock after I accidentally hit his head.

The alpha clasped his hand over his swollen forehead, grunting in discomfort, so I gripped the broom in annoyance as the stupid man fought to keep his dazed eyes open. He's so annoying?! Good morning?! Did he think I'd appreciate his fucking good morning bullshit?! Sighing in frustration, I swung the broom away and stormed back inside my room to get ready for work.

A moment later.

Taehyung was collecting the trash on the floor... still shirtless... after I stepped out of my room. I sternly glared at the scar on his chest and his striking messy hair. If only I drove that scissor deeper- He'd be dead by now, and I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore! Do-hwan suddenly entered the penthouse with grocery bags.

"Big Man! Get rid of the pig!" I screamed. Taehyung halted while crouching on the floor. He looked up at me as I rudely pointed at him with my glowering eyes on Do-hwan.

"P-Pig?-"

"I am here to escort him. The elders requested his return to the mansion," Do-hwan yawned, walking past me to enter the kitchen.

"What-? Return-?"

"Yeah. Your fiancée keeps barging inside the mansion to search for you. She's severely... upset with your disappearance," Do-hwan shrugged. I glanced at Taehyung in annoyance as he stood with the empty bottles.

"My place better be polished once I return!" I snapped at Do-hwan and turned to storm out of the penthouse. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Why won't he leave!? Is he testing my patience!? Keep testing my limits- and I'll make sure to- send him to the last ring of hell one a day! I stormed out of the apartment door and strode right... towards a parked blue sports car. Thump. I swung the door open and hopped inside the passenger seat, startling the driver with my unexpected appearance.

"What are you doing...?" Seokjin asked while staring at me in disbelief.

"AND WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS OUTSIDE MY BUILDING!? WHAT'S WITH ALL OF YOU, CREEPY MEN?!" I snapped, directing my irritation on Seokjin. His cheeks flushed red at my confrontation, so he glanced at the road with an embarrassed look. Did he think I couldn't notice his car outside my building?! It's freaking blue!

"I didn't mean to"

"Stalk me!?- Whatever- Get me out of this place before I lose my shit!" I screamed, angrily kicking the compartment. Seokjin stiffened at my outburst. He quickly started the engine and drove off as I sat with my arms crossed over my chest. I fumed heavily with my piercing eyes on the road.

"Where-"

"WHEREVER I CAN BURY YOU WITHOUT GETTING CAUGHT!" I screamed. Seokjin flinched in a panic at my heated outburst. The man gulped as he gripped the steering wheel. I huffed and shoved the chair backward to lie down in irritation. Fuck. I got dressed for work- only to realize it wasn't my shift today. Whatever. I can't stand staying with that jerk anyways! Seokjin grew hushed as he calmly steered the wheel over the road, so I huffed and leaned back until I fell into a brief nap.

A moment later.

"Huh?" I grimaced, sitting up in confusion... after I realized the car wasn't moving anymore and Seokjin wasn't in the car. Where am I...? I frowned at this old run-down barn and finally stepped out to find Seokjin standing in his casual clothes.

"Where am I?" I asked, approaching him as the snow lightly drizzled from the gloomy sky. Why did he park his car at an old barn?

"You said you wanted to bury me alive," Seokjin answered as he lifted the dusty cardboard.

"And you'd let me bury you alive?" I asked.

"No. I should be the one burying you alive," Seokjin responded. I glared at his back until an old black scooter appeared underneath the heap of cardboard. Seokjin grabbed the handle to steer the scooter into the opening and got on to start it. The engine made funny noises as it failed to start up on demand. Seokjin frowned, lowering his head to check the motor as he repeatedly turned the accelerator to revive the old scooter.

"Why were you stalking me?" I asked. Seokjin didn't answer me and started the engine with persistence. Ra- Da- Radadada- Dadadaaaa!

"Did it hurt?" Seokjin asked, turning to look at me with a neutral face.

"What?" I asked, unsurely staring at him.

"The break up... did it hurt?" He asked. I grew hushed as I stared at his neutral face in silence.

"Why do you care-"

"Yeah. That's what you get for dumping a handsome man like me! Do you know karma?" Seokjin chuckled. The engine suddenly warmed up. VROOM!

"Yah! How dare you!" I screeched in annoyance as he mocked me with a soft chuckle. His scooter jerked forward a little- so I grabbed the back seat to hold it back.

"What are you doing?!" Seokjin screamed, turning to look at me in disbelief.

"I'm going to bury you alive!" I sneered. Seokjin scoffed in irritation. He turned the accelerator handle. VROOOOOOM. The scooter roared to life, slightly jerking forward again, causing me to stumble after it as Seokjin drove over the dirty property.

"Let go!" Seokjin snapped as I stubbornly clung to the seat with all my might. Seokjin suddenly accelerated forward again after my finger slipped a little- VROOM.

"ARGH!" I gasped, toppling to the side as his scooter blasted forward. I grunted and fell to my butt as Seokjin screeched in distress while struggling to gain control of the scooter. He wildly zigzagged over the damp soil until he hit the brake, abruptly tilting the scooter over. THUMP. Seokjin collapsed onto the ground as I stood up with a slight grimace. My clothes are dirty!

"You bring chaos wherever you go!" He whined while getting up to heave his rolling scooter from the damp ground.

"You brought me to the middle of nowhere-"

"Are you coming or not!? If not- then freeze to death in the barn! I'm leaving!" Seokjin rudely interrupted, firing me an irritated look. I pursed my lips and glanced back at the creepy old barn. What if he leaves me here and runs away?

A moment later.

I tensely perched over the backseat as Seokjin carefully drove over the dirt path, racing through the light snow in the countryside. I weakly smiled and lifted my arms to feel the frosty breeze between my fingers until I caught Seokjin staring at me through the scooter mirror. He cleared his throat and glanced back at the village ahead of us. Weakly smiling, I shifted my tender gaze to the tiny homes along the small street as Seokjin entered the town to visit a local market.

He took me shopping for fresh ingredients, and I kid you not... he almost bought the entire village in cash.

"Why are you buying so much!?" I screeched in distress as I hugged the massive bag over my lap on the cranky scooter. The old scooter probably can't carry our weight at this rate!? What if it breaks down!?

"We're done," Seokjin slipped another bag of fresh peaches onto my forearm. I grunted in annoyance. He dismissively mounted the bike and drove forward as I tried not to fall off the scooter with all the grocery bags dangling from my arms. Did he drive all the way here- just to buy ingredients?!

We suddenly came to a halt after entering an old gate. My jaw dropped at the ancient-looking mansion until I noticed the late elders... strolling over the snowy path with their walking sticks or wheelchairs. What's this??? I sat with my mouth half open as Seokjin grabbed the bags from my numb hands after parking the scooter by the rusty fence.

"What is this place?" I asked, slightly widening my eyes at Seokjin.

"Can't you read?" He grimaced, strolling away with the small bags, leaving me with the massive one. I glanced at the letters over the building.

The elderly home.

"Seokjin! Kim Seokjin- AH! So heavy!" I screamed, frantically getting off the scooter to chase after him. Thump! I lowered the bag in frustration. How am I supposed to carry a bag that's bigger than my body?! Seokjin ignored my complaint and walked inside the building. I grimaced and dragged the bag with me.

"YAH! THOSE ARE PRECIOUS INGREDIENTS!" Seokjin scolded, hurrying out of the building after a moment to snatch the bag from my sore hands as I carelessly dragged it across the pavement. He fired me a sharp glare and heaved the bag away.

"Young chef! Aigo~! You've been away for a while!" A grandma in her late 70s gasped, greeting the alpha inside the building.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Seokjin brightly beamed, lowering the bag to greet the group of elders.

"Aigo~ I thought I'd never get to have my last meal made by our young chef again! Why were you away for so long?! I could've passed away from hunger!" Another harabeoji whined, playfully smacking Seokjin's arms. I glanced back and forth as the elders spoke with Seokjin. They seem close?

"Don't say that! I was just a bit occupied lately~! I'll try to drop by more often," Seokjin chuckled, reaching out to pat a halmeoni's wrinkled hands. The elders suddenly shifted their attention to me as I stood beside him.

"A-Annyeonghaseyo," I awkwardly bowed.

"Who's this? Your girlfriend? You promised to bring your girlfriend over the last time you visited!" A chubby halmeoni giggled, causing my cheeks to flush red.

"No! She's not my girlfriend- She's my- uh- my- apprentice!" Seokjin stuttered, anxiously staring at me. Apprentice...? I stared at him in surprise.

"You're really pretty~! What's your name? Maybe I can set you up with my grandson. He's a really... popular singer~!" Halabeoji grinned.

"Neh?" I widened my eyes.

"His grandson is Seojun! Lee Seojun~! He visited his grandpa last week, and he's crazy handsome! He even sang for us!" Halmeoni cutely giggled with her sparkly eyes.

"He's definitely not her type," Seokjin shrugged. I glared at him.

"Halabeoji~ Please set me up with him-"

"Yah! You're here to work!" Seokjin scolded me when I tried to speak with the elderly man. The elders chuckled at Seokjin's slight disapproving grimace.

"She's still young-"

"We have a lot of preparation today- so please excuse us!" Seokjin cut the harabeoji short, suddenly dragging me away from the crowd. I smiled and bowed at the elders as Seokjin held onto my wrist with one hand while carrying the heavy bag with his other arm. Seokjin dropped the bag outside a door and pushed me inside a room.

"Lee Seojun is his grandson?! That's crazy- AH! YAH!" I curiously smiled with a flustered look as I thought about the hot superstar when Seokjin suddenly yanked off his shirt. I shrieked and covered my eyes in disbelief.

"What?" Seokjin questioned my dramatic reaction to his shirtless body. I gulped and peeked between my fingers to find him staring at me with one eyebrow raised, dumbfounded by my timid behavior.

"You could've warned me- AH?!- YOU CRAZY MAN!!" I stuttered when he suddenly pulled down his pants, so I wildly spun my body away to face the wall with a flustered face.

"Why are you overreacting? It's not like you've never seen me naked before-"

"ARE YOU CRAZY?! JUST BECAUSE WE DATED BEFORE DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD SHAMELESSLY STRIP IN FRONT OF ME!" I screamed. Seokjin grew hushed as he opened his locker. I gripped my fists with a stern gaze on the opposite wall until I felt my cheeks burning in the heat.

"You're unbelievable... for someone who loves to read profane novels," Seokjin muttered, banging the locker shut and walked past me. I blinked at his casual clothes and quickly pulled off my heavy jacket to leave it on the bench before racing after him.

"Are you doing it on purpose now that I'm single again!?" I asked as he heaved the bag into a spacious kitchen.

"Are you regretting a good man like me?" Seokjin smirked. I frowned at his smug expression as he unwrapped the bags.

"So annoying! And why are we here?!" I whined. Seokjin sighed in frustration and darted me an irritated look, so I quickly pursed my lips at his uptight frown.

"Can you please keep quiet? This is an elderly home, Sora. Not the noisy orphan you were hiding in," He grimaced. My face flushed red in embarrassment.

"How did you-"

"Did you think people wouldn't notice the supreme alpha's absence?" Seokjin rolled his eyes as he pulled on an apron. I chewed my inner cheeks in annoyance as I watched him turn to wash his hands in the sink.

"So... we're cooking for old people?" I asked, glancing at the ingredients.

"Make yourself useful," Seokjin muttered. I glared at the back of his head and picked up an apron to pull it over my head. Seokjin stepped aside to let me wash my hands. I uneasily glanced at him as he eyed the scar on my wrist.

"Can you not stare?" I asked, quickly hiding my wrist while dabbing my hands dry.

"You should've done better research before killing yourself. Wrist cutting isn't effective. It has the lowest mortality rate. And you could've been crippled for life if the wound were severe," Seokjin sighed while heaving the vegetables into a basket.

"I'll do proper research next time," I said sarcastically.

"You know what's the easiest way to die?" Seokjin asked. I frowned and looked up at him as if he was crazy.

"Do you want me to die that badly?" I asked.

"It's easier to die when you're at peace. Not when you have unfinished business because you'll die in vain no matter what method you choose to kill yourself. The only way to die without regrets or pain... is when you're content with life," Seokjin shrugged. I quietly stared at him as he lifted the basket to wash the vegetables in the sink. He didn't look at me and kept his gaze concentrated on the flowing water.

"It did hurt a lot. Wrist cutting..." I muttered, turning to help him rinse the vegetable.

"You know better now," Seokjin replied. I pursed my lips as I quietly rubbed the tomato under the faucet and placed it in the clean basket. We didn't speak afterward, so I quietly chopped the vegetables into pieces as requested by Seokjin.

"Smaller?" I asked while hovering the knife over the onion to ensure he was satisfied with the chunks.

"Yeah. And what's with your habits of not tying your hair???" Seokjin asked, suddenly turning to lift up my hair. I froze at his tender touch, slightly grazing my neck as he stood behind my back to fix my hair. He must be very bothered because I wouldn't stop pushing my wild hair strands from my face.

"It's short, so I figured-"

"You'll get rashes if you sweat too much," He sighed, gently dabbing my sweaty neck with his forearm, sending a faint chill down my spine. Seokjin turned to wash his hands again... after placing my hair into a neat bun.

"Do you do this often? Cooking for the elderly?" I asked, briefly glancing at him.

"Yeah. I own this place-"

"What?" I asked, turning to stare at him in shock.

"The non-governmental association didn't have enough funds to sustain this place, so I bought it. I visit the place often to cook and do the chores," Seokjin nodded. Right. I noticed there weren't many staff around.

"How do you maintain this place all on your own?" I asked. He keeps surprising me. I always assumed he was a workaholic... but who would've guessed... he'd assist the elders as a hobby during his free time?

"The staff usually does the routine work. But I do most of the work during my visit... after dismissing their duties.... for the day because I like to spend time alone. It helps me clear my mind," Seokjin muttered while adjusting the heat on the stove. 

"Did I disrupt your peace?" I asked, guiltily looking up at him. I've been acting childish the entire day.

"Too much peace can be a bit boring. It's more entertaining to nag you," Seokjin shrugged, professionally slicing the meat on the chopping board.

"I'm sorry for disturbing your alone time," I muttered. I should've been mindful of Seokjin's space and boundaries.

"So what are you going to do now?" Seokjin asked as I transferred the onions into a bowl.

"I don't know," I muttered. He briefly glanced at me.

"Kim Taehyung ghosted his bride for you," Seokjin muttered. I quietly placed the carrot and pepper onto the board.

"Just like he dumped me for her," I muttered. Seokjin chuckled softly, so I looked up at him in confusion.

"The player got played~!" Seokjin teased, turning to wash his knife in the sink.

"Moh? Are you saying I'm-"

"Oh. You broke my heart to marry another man, and he broke yours to marry another woman. Karma is real," Seokjin chuckled. I glared at his bright beam.

"At least I didn't cheat on you," I grumbled, heavily chopping the carrot in irritation.

Seokjin and I somehow... managed to cook an entire feast for the elders. We actively bustled around the kitchen to decorate the dishes after an intense hour of chopping, slicing, stirring, and tasting. Finally, after what felt like an eternity of perfecting the flavors, we served warm meals in a small room filled with the elders. There were about thirty halmeoni and halabeoji combined. And all the staff had been dismissed, so it was just... me and Seokjin left in the entire home.

"I can die in peace now!" Halmeoni beamed after tasting our food. I smiled at her cuteness and glanced at the other elders as they excitedly praised Seokjin's meal and his visual.

Seokjin seemed... unfiltered around the elders. He'd joke and chat with them over random topics. He never really speaks casually with anyone aside from school and work-related matters. Even when we are together... I did most of the nonsense gibberish, and he was always there to listen to me. Seokjin huffed as he joked around with the senior generation. He fits in well with the elders, it's almost as if they're the same-aged friends.

The sun began to set over the hills, casting a deep shadow over the ancient mansion. And the snow started drizzling... heavier and heavier over the property, so Seokjin insisted that we wait a little longer... until the snow ceased because he was anxious about the slippery road on our way back. I chuckled warmly as the elders gathered in a spacious room, replenished with cozy couches and armchairs. It's the main living room with a warm fireplace. There was a chess board, a vinyl record, yarns, and bingo games.

"Dance with me, young lady~!" Harabeoji smiled while grooving over me as I sat on the couch. I giggled shyly and placed my hand into his warm palm to accept his offer. The man pulled me upward, so we held hands and gently rocked with the healing classical music. Seokjin weakly smiled at me as he chatted with the halmeonies in the corner of the room.

"I'll ask my grandson to contact you," Halabeoji winked. I chuckled and nodded brightly.

"Handsome chef! Dance with me!" Halmeoni insisted, tugging on Seokjin's arm.

"I'm so sore~!" Seokjin whined cutely, but the grandma declined his rejection and pulled the alpha onto his feet. Seokjin shook his head in disbelief as he stiffly grooved with the elders.

We ended up... slow dancing in the room, swaying from side to side with them, and for a moment... I didn't feel so strained anymore. Just like the kids... the elders... offered just as much comfort as they celebrated their life-long journeys with their wrinkled smiles and dim eyes. Each and every one of them... has traveled a long way. Through all the dark phases and good peaks... And yet... They're still happy and cherishing every moment of their lives.

They're right. I'm too young to give up now.

Maybe life will be forgiving towards me if I'm willing to live... just for another day.

A moment later.

"Young lady~!" Halmeoni patted my arm as I tucked her into bed.

"Neh?" I smiled as she rested on her pillow.

"Convince him to bring his girlfriend," She giggled.

"Ah... Sure," I nodded uneasily.

"He promised to bring his girlfriend. I wonder if they're still together?" Another halmeoni asked from the opposite bed.

"Maybe they broke up? He seems skinnier than usual. The handsome chef was gone for some time," The chubby halmeoni spoke up.

"Aigo~! I hope not. He seemed to really love her~! He'd always tell us how much... he loved her whenever he visited~!" The halmeoni beside me shook her head. I glanced at the elders unsurely as they chit-chatted about Seokjin's love life. Did he talk about me? I left the room after switching off the lights to find Seokjin strolling out of the bathroom with a towel over his head.

"The county authority called. The storm won't subside until tomorrow, so we'll have to stay here tonight," Seokjin sighed, turning to stare out the mansion window. It's snowing heavily. The entire garden is covered in thick ice. I pursed my lips and lowered my gaze to my dead phone. I need a charger.

"I need to inform-"

"I already told Do-hwan. The bathroom is down the hallway. I left a fresh towel on the sink and spare clothes," Seokjin nodded, walking off to check on the elders in their respective rooms. I sighed and left to bathe in the dim bathroom. He brought his soap, so I didn't have to worry about getting rashes. I gently rinsed my body with the warm water and finally pulled on Seokjin's loose shirt and short pants. The mansion isn't cold because he made sure to heat the floor and the walls for the elders.

"Are we sleeping here?" I asked, unsurely standing in the locker room's doorway to watch Seokjin spread a thin mattress on the floor.

"I searched a spare bed for you, but they're all occupied," He shrugged. I watched him pat the mattress as he organized a few cushions he gathered from the living room to place on the cramped space between the lockers. I sighed, slid off my slippers, and stepped onto the soft mattress.

"I'm fine with it," I muttered while loosening my hair.

"We'll have to share the blanket," Seokjin quietly spoke as he sat beside me. The space between the locker was about 1.5 meters wide, so it was pretty... tight for two adults.

"Sure," I nodded, slipping under the thin blanket to lay on my back. Ah~! My back is aching so much from intensive labor.

Seokjin got up to switch off the lights and finally rested beside me. I turned on my side... to face the locker as he adjusted the cushion under his head. We didn't speak afterward. And I dozed off almost instantly after exerting my remaining energy to cook a feast for the elders. However, the locker room... wasn't as warm as the other sides of the property.

My body started to tingle due to the cold... and naturally... my body... snuggled... against the only source of warmth in the room.

Next Morning

I grumbled, sleepily hugging the heated pillow against my body. The room is freezing cold. I slipped my feet under the blanket to warm up my numb toes and coiled against the firm flesh. The person snored, turning on his side to hold my body. I exhaled in relief at his comforting warmth, gently hugging his neck- NECK? My eyes flung open in realization. My heart skipped a beat when I found... Seokjin's dashing handsome face... just an inch away from mine. He was still asleep. I glanced at his muscular arms... encircled my waist and quickly shoved him away to lay on my back in embarrassment.

"Aigo~ You're awake?" A soft voice spoke up. My eyes widened as I stared at the plain ceiling. Awkwardly, I lifted my head off the cushion to find... the door... wide open... and... a crowd of elders... watching us from the door. My face immediately flushed red.

"Seokjin- Seokjin!" I snapped, smacking his shoulder. Seokjin groaned and turned on his back with his forearm over his squinting eyes.

"You two look cute together~!" Halmeoni grinned.

"Good morning..." I uneasily smiled. Seokjin grumbled, suddenly sitting up with his eyes half open. My eyes widened in horror when I noticed his morning boner under his pants. I quickly threw the cushion over his lap to hide it.

"Are you guys sure... you aren't dating~?" Halabeoji asked, suspiciously narrowing his eyes on us. Seokjin suddenly froze as he stared at the smirks on the elder's face.

"Ah! Why are you watching us?!" Seokjin gasped, scrambling onto his feet. The elders chuckled cutely and rushed away.

Seokjin frantically slammed the door closed with a flustered face. Thud. I awkwardly stared at the bulge under his pants. He briefly glanced down and back up at my flustered face as I sat on the thin mattress.

"Stop looking, you perverted freak!" Seokjin immediately gripped his pants to hide his bulge, so I turned my face. Mortified by the unholy sight of his hard morning wood.

_______________________

Fast Forward

I hurriedly poured the warm coffee into the mug over the counter and turned to cover the cold drink with a plastic lid before lifting the tray and hurrying toward Yoongi and Hoseok.

"Here's your drink~!" I smiled, placing the drink for them.

"This job oddly suits you~!" Hoseok grinned, thanking me for the latte.

"Stop teasing her!" Yoongi laughed. I smiled and hurried back to the counter.

"Sora~!" Minah beamed, entering the store with her black glasses on.

"What are you guys doing here???" I gasped as Namjoon, Jimin, and So-young entered after her with wide grins.

"We heard you're working at the local cafe! Thought we should support your new career!" Jimin laughed as Minah stared at the menu on the counter. I chuckled, shyly rubbing my neck as they stood in line.

"Make me the best hot chocolate. Sugar-free!" Minah giggled. I shook my head with a weak smile as she paid for her drink and strolled away to join Yoongi and Hoseok.

"We'll have the cheesecake and strawberry jelly," So-young pointed at the glass enclosure of the display freezer.

"Neh~!" I smiled as Jimin paid for their orders. They left to sit by the window of the store.

"Ehem..." Namjoon awkwardly cleared his throat while inspecting the menu above my head.

"The... chestnut latte is pretty popular here," I smiled.

"Oh- Oh? Yeah. Sure, I'll try that," Namjoon nodded. The alpha awkwardly strode away to sit alone with his book.... after placing the order.

"Sora! Bring me a strawberry cake and an iced americano!" Jungkook demanded, suddenly strolling through the door, and went to sit with Jimin and So-young.

"You have to pay!" I screamed from the counter.

"Your treat!" Jungkook snapped. I grimaced as he dismissively chatted with Jimin. He never pays for these drinks or food! I grimaced and pinned their orders before turning to prepare the drinks. The work is exhausting, but I enjoyed it. It kept my mind off my wild thoughts as I occupied my body with manual work. I placed the drinks on the tray with the plate of cakes and rushed toward the alphas.

"Here's your sugar-free hot choco~!" I smiled, carefully placing it in front of Minah.

"Take a picture with me! I'll sponsor you so the average will see it on my blog!" She snapped, tugging my arm. I lowered my face to smile at the camera as she posed for the picture. Snap. Minah giggled happily, so I placed the cakes for Jimin and So-young with the fork and spoon. I hurried toward Namjoon with a latte and placed it on his desk. He thanked me and glanced back at his book again.

"WHERE'S MY ORDER? YAH! HOW DARE YOU MISTREAT YOUR CUSTOMER!- WHERE'S YOUR MANAGER!" Jungkook screamed.

"You didn't pay for the order!" I snapped, causing Jimin to chuckle at our bickering. Namjoon grimaced at Jungkook's noisy screech and shook his head as he struggled to concentrate on his work. I quickly placed a slice of strawberry cake on the plate, brewed an iced americano, and served it to Jungkook.

"Do you want to join us for dinner at the mansion?" Jimin smiled.

"I'm working late today," I smiled and hurried away but paused as another person entered through the door. Seokjin glanced at the packed cafe filled with the alphas with a startled look and glanced at me uneasily. He didn't expect their presence. The man cleared his throat and closed the door, awkwardly approaching the counter in his coat.

"Is there a takeout?" He asked, nervously reading the menu with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah. But you're not the type to order... food made by other people," I smiled, tapping on the cashier screen to process the new order. Seokjin glanced at the cakes in the enclosure.

"I'll have the cream cappuccino," Seokjin nodded.

"Is that all?" I smiled. Seokjin briefly glanced at me and back at the cake.

"The carrot cake too... No takeout. I'll eat it here since you made it," Seokjin nodded. I chuckled at his specific selection. Bogum didn't offer dessert at his cafe, but I insisted I could bake cakes for our customers, so he agreed to give me half the commissions on all the cakes I sold.

"It's the last carrot flavor for today," I grinned. Seokjin slightly nodded as he paid for his order. I handed him the receipts, turned to grab a clean cup from the cabinet, and set off to work.

"Sora. Pack up the remaining cakes. I'm bringing them to my office for my men," Do-hwan suddenly spoke up, so I turned to find the big man leaning over the counter. When did he get here? Did eomma send him to stalk me again? Eomma was furious with my decision to work at the local store because she claimed I should utilize my full potential in the council... not the coffee machine or stupid cakes.

"Give me a second," I smiled. Do-hwan nodded and walked off to sit with Seokjin, who sat alone at a table with his phone. I carefully placed the hot cappuccino on the tray, brought out the last carrot cake, and headed toward Seokjin.

"Did you make the cake?! It's crazy delicious!" Jimin gasped.

"Her secret recipe are her tears and snot," Do-hwan mumbled as I placed the cake before Seokjin, who weakly chuckled at the man's joke. I smacked Do-hwan's shoulder and hurried back to the counter to grab the paper boxes to compile the remaining slices from the display freezer. I carefully withdraw the chocolate cake, cheesecake, coffee flavored, and strawberry cake from the glass rack to place them neatly in the paper box.

"Ah~ My back~!" I murmured, bending down to withdraw the last strawberry cake until I noticed... someone standing on the opposite side of the transparent freezer. The man was staring through the glass to watch me remove the cakes.

"The strawberry cake-"

"We're out of cakes-" I quickly straightened my body to inform the customer but halted when I found Taehyung standing on the other side, blankly staring at me with a flower bouquet in his arm. He pursed his lips and quickly shifted his eyes to the menu over my head. I swallowed uneasily and turned away to pack Do-hwan's order.

It's been a few weeks since Taehyung left my penthouse to return to the mansion. I'm clueless about his affair with Hwa-young. Taehyung never bothered me again after he left on the day I returned from the elderly home with Seokjin. I quickly placed the packages into a neat paper bag and hustled away from the counter to hand them to Do-hwan as the man got up from his table. Minah fired Taehyung an annoyed look.

"You should ban him from your store~ Tsk~!" Minah grumbled while rolling her eyes at the top alpha.

"Please save the cheesecake for imo," I smiled at Do-hwan. Jungkook suddenly grew hushed while chatting with Jimin when he noticed his cousin standing alone at the cashier counter.

"What is he doing here?" Jungkook dimmed his eyes.

"I heard Hwa-young slapped him the other day at the corporation after he refused to see her?" Minah spoke behind her hand.

"Really? Of course, she's upset. He ghosted her during the ceremony," So-young shrugged.

"His father lectured him the past few weeks for failing to keep up with his work at the corporation. The chairmen were furious," Jungkook sighed. Seokjin lifted his gaze briefly to inspect Taehyung. Do-hwan patted my shoulder and left with the paper bags. I shrugged and walked back to the counter as Taehyung clutched the flowers between his arms with his nervous eyes fixed on the menu. It's as if he's afraid to make direct eye contact with me.

"Can I have... the cherry thing...?" He asked, uneasily lifting his eyes to meet mine while poking the menu.

"Sugar level?" I asked, tapping on the screen with a blank face.

"Regular," He muttered. I frowned and unconsciously lifted my face to question him. Regular? He usually takes 50%. I didn't say anything and typed on the screen. Taehyung quietly paid for his order and walked away... but halted and turned around again. I raised my eyebrows at his conflicted attitude... as if he wanted to say something.

"Can I help you with anything else?" I asked.

"I got this for you on the way from work," Taehyung gulped, handing me the flowers. I froze as he held the bundle of light pink tulips over the counter. The alphas within the cafe grew hushed as they watched him offer the bouquet to me.

"OPPA! WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER MY CALL!?-" A feminine screamed, storming inside the store. Hwa-young appeared with her burning eyes trained on Taehyung. She suddenly froze once she spotted Taehyung with the flower bouquet, so I quickly turned away to brew the drink. She's usually a quiet person... How'd she get so loud and bold???

"My phone must've died-" Taehyung muttered, turning to walk away with the flowers in his arms. Hwa-young huffed and followed him to a table.

"Did you get the flowers for me?" Hwa-young sighed, folding her arms over her chest as she sat across from him.

"You can have it if you want," Taehyung muttered, placing the bouquet on the table with an unbothered look. Minah scoffed at Hwa-young's obliviousness. I lifted the drink and walked toward Taehyung with the tray. He lifted his eyes to meet mine. I glanced at Hwa-young's upset expression and lowered the drink with a strawberry cake.

"What are you doing here?" Hwa-young's jaw dropped once she noticed me serving Taehyung the drink.

"I work here," I muttered. She scoffed and fired Taehyung a sharp glare. Taehyung glanced at the strawberry cake in surprise. It was a slice I saved for myself after work.

"You came here to see her?!" Hwa-young snapped.

"Everyone in this cafe is here to see her~!" Jungkook rolled his eyes. Hwa-young huffed and glanced at me rudely. I sighed and turned away when she suddenly grabbed my arm.

"Yah! Know your boundaries!-" She screamed. SPLAT.

I froze in horror after she slapped the strawberry cake... right at my face. Hwa-young angrily seethed as I stood frozen in place with my eyes closed. Minah gasped in disbelief as Jimin's mouth dropped open. Namjoon straightened his back at the tense atmosphere as So-young pursed her lips at her rude behavior. Seokjin turned to look at the commotion with a bewildered look. Drip... The mushy cake splattered onto the floor. My eyelashes were smeared with the cream, so I exhaled and rubbed the sticky paste off my face with my forearm.

"Sora-" Jungkook gasped, leaping to his feet with his furious scowl on Hwa-young as Seokjin tensed in his seat. The half-blood was cut short when Hwa-young suddenly thrust me backward. Usually... she never dared to look me in the eyes... but she's shoving me around now...?

"This is insane! You guys should've invited us!- Omo!" Mira chirped, cluelessly pushing the door open to stroll inside the cafe with Minho. They both halted when they found me covered... with the strawberry cake. Taehyung sighed, quickly getting up from his seat to seize Hwa-young's hand, but she hastily tugged back and turned to glare at me as I lowered my body to pick up the fallen chunk on the floor with my bare hand.

"Hwa-young-"

"You're a pathetic whore!- Ah!?-" Hwa-young screamed but was cut short when I seized her vulnerable throat with one hand, angrily slapping the dirty cake I picked from the floor into her opened mouth. Her eyes widened in horror as she gripped my wrist to resist me, but I roughly pushed her frail body down until she collapsed onto the chair while stuffing her with the nasty creams and crumbs.

She coughed in distress and tried to spit the cake out of her mouth, but I aggressively clutched her cheeks between my fingers to keep her head tilted upward. I wiped the cream from my face, furiously smearing it over her glossy lips to make her swallow the smashed cake.

Hwa-young whimpered, frantically attempting to push me away... so I grabbed her hair to yank her head backward, making her gasped in pain. I snatched Taehyung's untouched cold drink from the table and... roughly poured the fluid into her cake-filled mouth until it overflowed. She began gagging beneath me.

Hwa-young choked in difficulty as I squeezed her cheeks between my fingers to keep her mouth open. I emptied the drink into her mouth until it spilled messily from the corner of her lips—the ice cubes... splattering on the floor. I finally released her face, roughly shoving her head aside as she sat on the chair with a mouth filled with soggy cake. She whimpered and barfed out the liquid in distress as I darkly stood over her. The alphas within the room grew hushed after I forcefully choked Chul Hwa-young without a hint of remorse. Jungkook remained frozen in terror as Hwa-young cried with her head hung low.

"The next time you raise your voice... or even... attempt to embarrass me with your ill-manners... I promise you... it's not a cake that I will shove down your throat- I am the fucking supreme alpha, Chul Hwa-young... and you're nothing... nothing compared to me! So don't fucking dare disrespect me! You'd be rotting in your grave- If I wanted to end your pathetic life, so don't try to drag me into your dick game!" I bellowed, looming murderously over her. Hwa-young sobbed with her hands clasped over her lips as her slimy spit... dripped from her chin. She lifted her tearful eyes to glare at me. Taehyung blankly stood beside her as he watched Hwa-young whimper in frustration. I hastily grabbed the flower bouquet and shoved it back into his arms.

"And you fucking scumbag!- Don't ever bring me flowers again! Your stupid colorful petals won't flutter my heart! Take your fucking bitch and leave!" I snapped, furiously seizing his arm to drag him out of the cafe. Taehyung unconsciously stumbled after me as I roughly shoved him out of the door as Mira and Minho stood petrified by the door.

"Oh- Oh!? Sora! What are you doing?!" Bogum gasped, appearing by the door in bewilderment as I hastily stormed back inside to grab Hwa-young's arm and yanked her onto her feet. I shoved her out of the store and banged the glass door shut before flipping the sign on the door. CLOSED. I thumped the glass with my glowering eyes on the couple. Bogum glanced back and forth between me and Hwa-young messy condition as Taehyung stood beside her with his rejected flowers.

I fumed angrily and circled the counter to dab my sweaty neck as the alphas remained frozen in their seat. I glared at Mira and Minho in annoyance as they stared at me with pale expressions. They didn't dare budge an inch.

"ARE YOU ORDERING OR NOT!?" I screamed, causing them to flinch in a panic.

"I'll get an ice americano! And hot macha for Mira!" Minho stuttered, quickly walking forward. I hastily typed on the screen as he paid for the drink.

The couple immediately hurried away to sit with Seokjin in fear. I angrily washed my greasy face to rub off the cream and finally turned to brew the drink for the couple. The cafe remained hushed, so I sighed after five minutes and carefully placed the drink for the alphas. Mira thanked me, nervously sipping her drink as Bogum stepped inside the cafe with a bewildered look... after apologizing to Taehyung and Hwa-young outside the store.

"Yah? Why are you closing the store so early???" Bogum asked. He halted when he noticed my dirty attire and glanced at the splattered cake on the floor. I didn't reply, grabbed the mop, and aggressively mopped the sticky drink and cake.

"I'll head home..." Yoongi nervously stood up and left with Hoseok. One by one... The alphas left the place until the store was empty. Bogum grew hushed as he counted the cash by the counter in our vacant cafe just a bit after dawn.

"You made a lot of sales today..." Bogum muttered. I didn't reply and hastily moved the chairs around. I did all the chores and finally changed into my casual clothes. Bogum was leaning against the wall outside the locker room with his arms crossed, waiting to speak with me.

"I'll head home-"

"Do you want to drink? I'll treat you to dinner," He grimaced at my sour expression. I halted to stare at him in silence.

A moment later

"NO WAY?! HE DID THAT!?-" Bogum gasped, spitting his soju in shock.

"He snatched the ring right off my finger and shoved it onto hers!" I nodded and took a shot of the clear liquor. Bogum dramatically scoffed and thumped his fist on the table in irritation.

"I should've kicked his ass this afternoon!" He grimaced.

"I'm over him! It doesn't matter!" I shrugged.

"I'll make sure to kick him out of our cafe the next time he visits! Should I print out their faces and paste them on the door?! NO CHEATERS! IN BOLD RED!" Bogum drunkenly leaned forward to narrow his eyes on me. I chuckled at his offer as I chewed the sizzling pork belly.

"Don't bother. He's a powerful man," I shook my head.

"What about the people in the cafe earlier? Are they your friends?" Bogum asked, pouring me a drink. I quickly lifted the glass with my hands to accept the liquor.

"Yeah- No. Not exactly. I wouldn't call them... my friends. It's complicated," I shrugged.

"The men are handsome. Especially the dude with broad shoulders. He seems decent," Bogum giggled, colliding his shot glass with mine. We both took a huge gulp from the glass. I let out a satisfied gasp as Bogum screwed his face in distress.

"He's my ex-boyfriend," I nodded. Bogum's eyes widened.

"Seriously?!-"

"Yeah. We dated for a short time. He's a good man... but I broke up with him," I shrugged. Bogum scoffed and lowered his head.

We chatted over our pork belly charcoal tray until we emptied a few bottles of soju. Bogum is a really funny man when he's drunk. He'd express his frustration over my love affairs and claim to beat up the men for me. We laughed over our jokes and finally stumbled out of the restaurant.

"Are you sure you can get home safe?" Bogum burped as he staggered over the sidewalk.

"I'll be fine. You should head home!" I smacked his arm. He shook his head and lifted his drunken eyes to meet mine. I frowned as he wiggled his finger before my dazed face. 

"No! I must take you home! Kaja!" He chuckled, wrapping his arm around my neck to drag me forward. I giggled as we drunkenly strolled over the empty pavements.

"Ah! Haha! Be careful~!" I giggled when he clumsily tripped over his own shoes. Bogum chuckled as he held onto my arm for support. We somehow arrived at my apartment after twenty minutes of walking... aimlessly with our numbed minds.

"Head inside," Bogum smiled, shoving me towards the door. I grinned.

"Do you want to stay over? It's a bit late," I muttered, switching on my phone to stare at the time. It's already 1:00 AM.

"No. I'll head home," Bogum shook his head. I chuckled and placed out my hand. Bogum lifted his eyebrow in confusion.

"Let's be friends!" I grinned. Bogum chuckled and held my hand to give me a firm shake.

"But- We have to maintain our work relationship. I'm still your boss- so don't try to close my shop without my permission again!" Bogum playfully glared. I chuckled and nodded. He pulled me into a warm hug, so I patted his back and stepped back as he struggled to stand in place.

"Bye~! I'll see you work tomorrow, sajang-nim~! Have a safe trip home~!" I giggled, politely bowing at Bogum. He chuckled, waved at me, and drunkenly walked away. Shaking my head with a weak smile, I scanned my card at the entrance and strolled inside the apartment lobby.

"My lady," The receptionist greeted. I smiled at him and walked toward the elevator while fumbling my fingers in my pocket.

"Oh?! Why is the store key with me!?" I gasped, pulling out Bogum's key from my pocket. Shit! I frantically turned around and rushed out of the building.

"BOGUM!-" I called, sprinting down the sidewalk as he crossed the block ahead. He didn't seem to hear me, so I called for him to stop as I chased the drunk man.

"THE STORE KEY-" I gasped, stopping to catch my breath as Bogum crossed the empty street. Whatever! I'm out of breath~! I'll... just visit the cafe early tomorrow to drop off the key- ZOOM! A powerful gust of wind swept past me as I stood on the sidewalk. I lifted my laggy head to stare at the swift... headlights... passing by my side... and shifted my gaze to the crosswalk at the intersection where Bogum was crossing. CRASH.

A loud collision suddenly erupted as the tire screeched violently over the asphalt. The car... wildly drifted to the side... ramming right into the traffic light. My eyes widened in shock as I remained petrified on the side of the road. Bogum disappeared. W-Where did he-?

"B-Bogum!? Park Bogum!?" I gasped, sprinting forward in fright. I fearfully crossed the small street and ran as fast as my legs could carry me toward the main intersection. My breath hitched in my throat as I halted at the side of the street.

Wide awake... I stood... paralyzed... as my heart pounded in fear at the sight of a body... sprawling in the middle of the road. His... thick blood paste... oozing... all over the ground. I glanced at the car as it roared to life again. The driver suddenly reversed the vehicle with a damaged hood and raced away to avoid their crime. Leaving me... alone on the street as I stared at the lifeless body near the crosswalk. Lips trembling... I sprinted forward in devastation.

"Bogum!" I cried in horror, collapsing hard onto the road to seize his injured body. Bogum was unconscious as heavy blood trickled from his head. I grabbed his face and lifted his body off the ground to prevent the blood from freely gushing out of his wound as the hot tears flowed down my cheeks.

"Bogum! Wake up!- Shit!-" I sobbed, shakily slapping his cheek, but he was unresponsive. I quickly dug my hand into my pocket to dial Do-hwan as I knelt in the middle of the road with Bogum's wrecked body in my arms. Sora! You have to be stable!

"Big man!?" I sobbed aggressively.

"What's-"

"CALL AN AMBULANCE! PLEASE- MY BOSS- HE WAS HIT BY A CAR-"

"WHAT-"

"SOMEONE HIT HIM ON THE ROAD! PLEASE- HE'S BLEEDING TOO MUCH- IT'S THE INTERSECTION NEAR MY APARTMENT- SEND AN AMBULANCE!-" I screamed at my phone in distress but halted when I noticed a headlight flickering before my face. Flick. Flick. I blinked at the lights.

My eyes widened in horror with the phone pressed against my ear as Bogum slumped weakly against me. The same... car with the dented... hood... reappeared. My hands started trembling as the person sat stiffly in the driver's seat. I couldn't see who it was but the person... was calmly sitting behind the steering wheel.

"SORA- I NEED YOU TO STAY CALM. GET OFF THE ROAD-"

"YAH! YOU FUCKER!" I screamed, quickly scrambling onto my feet in tears as the car remained at a halt on the road. VROOM. VROOM. SCREECH!

The car suddenly blasted forward, racing towards me as I stood over the crossroad with my bloody fingers gripped around my phone. The deafening screeching of the tires... filling the empty night sky as I stared at the vehicle with my eyes wide open.

"SORA?! JANG SORA! GO BACK TO YOUR APARTMENT-" Do-hwan voice boomed through the phone speaker as I watched the car zoom towards me over the asphalt road. I glanced at Bogum's lifeless body and back at the car in a panic. I can't leave him! Or the fucking car will run over- JANG SORA YOU'LL BE THE NEXT DEAD BODY IF YOU DON'T LEAVE!

"Do-hwan... It's not- a hit and run-" I cried, dropping my phone, wildly bending down to seize Bogum by his armpits and attempted to haul his lifeless body over the ground.

"ARGH!- BOGUM!" I screamed in distress as I desperately dragged him off the road.

"SORA!" Do-hwan's voice roared from the phone as the car appeared before me. I froze on the empty intersection with my tearful eyes on the bright beam while gripping Park Bogum's body in fear as my heart hammered out of control. Thump. Thump. Thump.

Run... Sora... you have to run... A terrified voice spoke up in my head.

The luminous white beam... blinding my sight as the powerful breeze of the car speed blasted against my vulnerable body. I whimpered... legs weakly wobbling to the ground as the car fired straight... toward me.

CRASH.

_____________________________

UIHSu2hde! I'm so sorry for the delayed update! My third year in uni is helllaaaa crazy~! I've been sleep-deprived the entire week T_T But I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Thank you for waiting for meeee~! <3 I love you!!! <3

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.6K 106 27
Kim Taehyung x Jeon Jungkook A passionate story about an unexpected love and the hardships it comes with. "Lost souls pt. 2 || Vkook ||" is the sec...
36.6K 1.1K 64
This is book 2 for Instagram vmin so go please read the first book so you can understand whats going on
1.3K 136 4
❝You can come to me for advice anytime, Jungkook.❞ He took the 'anytime' way too seriously. Maybe Jimin wasn't Jungkook's medicine after all. ...