4/5- I Need You (ON HOLD)

Por luvvbread

Highschool sweethearts, the couple of the bunch, they loved one another and cherished each other like gold. H... Mรกs

๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐ต๐‘’๐‘”๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”...
๐˜ฝ๐™š๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ข~
แด›สœแด‡ ๊œฑแด›แดส€แด ส™แด‡ษขษชษด๊œฑ~
๐˜‹๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต.
๐’๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฐ.
The Breakup.
Fuck it
Delusional.
๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฒโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฒโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹.
๐™Œ๐™ช๐™ž๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™‡๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก๐™–๐™—๐™ฎ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™Ž๐™ค๐™—๐™จ...
Partner.
All Goes Well?
Just For Tonight.
๐–๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐๐š๐œ๐ค...
๐ธ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰! 2/๐Ÿฅ
๐ธ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰! 3/๐Ÿฅ
Suspicious.
Dead End?
Doubt...
Friend or Foe?
Love = Insanity

๐ธ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰! ๐Ÿฃ/๐Ÿฅ

89 6 15
Por luvvbread

Wednesday -- After School

Chaeryeong's P.O.V

My thoughts have been all jumbled recently.

I feel as though I never really knew how my dad passed. It's a feeling like grief. Like I've just been told the news that my dad is dead, but instead, it's making me think really hard. I never really tried to dwell on the fact that my dad was murdered, when I thought it was Taehyun, I didn't think about his motives or intentions, or even how he accidentally killed my dad.

My younger self was blinded by rage and grief that I didn't think logically. 

For many years I still didn't think logically and kept that sort of hate in my heart.

However, now I'm thinking, now I'm starting to see that some things aren't adding up.The breeze steadily passes through my messy hair as I hold on tighter to my hoodie. It's my dad's hoodie, I've had it for years and it is still oversized. His scent has faded over the years and is now replaced with my scent but I can still feel his warmth. It makes me smile while looking up at the sky. On his last day, I remember seeing him only once and that was the late morning when he and my mom were getting ready to go out to lunch.

I remember their words clearly.

*Flashback*

14 year old Chaeryeong's P.O.V

December, 18th, 2015 -- 11:26 AM

I sat on my parent's bed with my feet dangling off of it. I always felt they had a bouncier and comfier bed than mine but they always like to shush me and say that's not true. If I could, I'd take this bed for myself, I've fallen asleep on it countless times before.

"Mom, why don't you wear the shiny necklace Dad bought you last year?" I question, she has much prettier dresses but for some reason, she's wearing a simple long navy blue dress. The skirt of the dress was of a tulle material that would rise up in the air if my mom were to twirl. The long sleeves of the dress were ruffled and a bit transparent, but still matching the navy blue hue that the rest of the dress showcased."Because it wouldn't match, Chae" My mom answered, her delicate fingers picking up a simple dainty necklace. "Fair enough" I mutter, I see a glimpse of my dad getting ready in the bathroom, he's styling his hair with a nervous look on his face. I wonder why he's so nervous, it's just Mom and him out for lunch.

"Will you bring back some desserts? I've been craving some donuts" A chuckle leaves my mom's mouth while she finishes picking out some cute winter boots that make me want her fashion sense. My mom is vintagely beautiful, I used to make a habit out of boasting about her at school when I was very young. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who thought so because my dad always hyped her up along with me, we were a pair that constantly complimented her.

To this day, I'm still admiring her, just quieter than before.

A gingerly smile graced my mom's face as she looked at her final look, she let out a breath before turning away from the broad mirror standing in front of her. "Honey, are you done?" My mom called to my father as I saw him drop the hairbrush he was holding, he seemed skittish, almost frightened by the sound of my mom's voice. The man that could only be called my dad stood frozen in the bathroom as he seemed to be collecting himself, I tilt my head, my legs swinging back and forth, the back of my heel now softly hitting the bed.

"Dad! Mom's calling you, are you okay?" I say now after he scrambled straight. I jump off the bed and am surprised my mom doesn't notice his behavior but she's excitedly picking out a purse. "Y-yeah, I'm just nervous, Chaer. It's been a while since I've taken your mother out." I nod slowly but I don't believe him. However, maybe I'm thinking too much into this, he probably is just nervous.

"Honey! I'm ready, are you?" My mom swings the bathroom door wider as she peeks her head in to see us. I give her a smile with an added thumbs up while my dad nods, walking closer to give my mom a kiss on the cheek. "Yes, I'm ready. I'll get the car running, it'll be cold in there" My dad voices in a shaky tone, like he might break.

But I ignore it.

The atmosphere changes when my mom gives me a pointed look, "You know the rules, no inviting friends over without permission. Stay in the house and if you're going somewhere call me or your dad to check. Call the police at any sign of danger, don't call us first, call the police and then us, understood?" Once I give her a trustworthy nod, her pursed lips stretch into a grin. Warm and cuddly arms wrap around me, I breathe in my mom's unusual but fancy scent while squeezing her tight.

A kiss on the forehead signals my mom's departure.

I watch my parents from my bedroom window, and my dad's distracted by his phone whilst my mom gets in the car. Ushered to get in the car already, my dad is now in the driver's seat and the ignorance I decided to hide behind, went away.

I couldn't pretend like nothing was going on with him.

There is something wrong.

Back then I didn't know that that wrong thing might've caused his death.

*End Of Flashback*

Footsteps interrupted my thought process, the crunching of dead leaves underneath those person's feet irritated me. Turning around, I face someone I didn't expect.

"Yeonjun what are you doing" I snap with a threatening glare taking over my face. Whenever I see Taehyun's friends, my first instinct is to be rude, closed off, and give them absolutely no time. But this time, Yeonjun actually did something that didn't make him an angel in my eyes. I remember the visit to Yeji's dorm, I went with Lia and Lia concluded that it had to do something with a guy.

And the guy Yeji was talking to at the time was Yeonjun and Hyunjin.

Who breaks more than they mend?

Yeonjun, he's always been popular with women and he's had ups and downs with turning them down and breaking up with a lot of those he's dated. That's how he got the nickname 'Poisonous Heartthrob'.

Honestly, whoever made these nicknames had no creativity and clearly was just bored.

Besides him being a player, Hyunjin's deemed an angel.

Though I'm not so sure, I've seen him with a very popular Junior, Minju.

I'm sure they have something going on yet he continues to entertain helpless female students who act as though they don't have a career to strive for.

It irritates me. Blindly in love, people irritate me.

'Probably because I used to be one.'

"Uhh Chae are yo-" Yeonjun was cut off by my irritated groan, "It's Chaeryeong, not Chae" Now with furrowed brows, Yeonjun asked further and I angrily told him everything. I had leftover frustration from not being able to figure out what had happened in the past. I felt really helpless, and Yeonjun wasn't exactly a saint.

Might as well use him as an excuse to let my frustration out.

'I'm so toxic.'

"I really don't know what you're talking about" He responds, genuine emotion on his face. I was slightly surprised but I masked the emotion quickly. "Guess which one of my friends had to get hurt by you, I never cared about what you did to girls before but now you've hurt Yeji somehow with that charm of yours" Now I can see that he's even more confused. I scoff, but I don't think he even hears me, he must be lost in his thoughts.

"What are you talking about?" He questions, "Who goes to a bar with their ex,?! Yeonjun please enlighten me, how stupid can you be, and then Yeji just had to walk in on your stupid ass, now she's sad because of you!" Breathing heavily, he looks at me while I glare at him.

I suddenly felt my face start to melt into pity but I kept it stoic.

Maybe he wasn't the best person to vent my emotions to.

For a moment I think that his brows are furrowed in sadness because of me but I soon realize that it isn't because of me...it's because Yeji was hurt and he authentically didn't know she was hurt.

Especially because of him.

"She saw that?" I chuckle lowly, getting up slowly I walk away very proud that I told him.

I don't want him to know I kind of helped him out.

I know Yeonjun can have a temper, if Yeji confronted him about it, he'd be absolutely clueless and totally butcher their relationship by saying something that can't be taken back.

I give myself a pat on the back.

Hours Later -- 8:37 PM

Taehyun's P.O.V

The last time I talked to my father it was on the phone and he was yelling at me and telling me to let the past go.

'Easy for him to say, he wasn't accused of murder.'

Now, this is the first time I've actually had dinner with him or have stayed in the same room as him for more than a minute. He's been out a lot, to make partnerships, talk to these lawyers that I keep seeing him with, and his girlfriend. From what I've heard of the maids' gossip is that she's very young and possibly in her late twenties, they say that she's a sugar baby and using my father for money.

She supposedly changes her hair color every other day and is the epitome of beauty done by another's hand.

In other words, her favorite person to go to is a plastic surgeon.

The thick tension in the air isn't enough for me not to gobble up the delicious food in front of me. Dinner was served and there was a lot of it, mashed potatoes took up space in its fancy plate along with steaks and other fancy meats. There was a whole side of the dinner table dedicated to fish, salmon, and more seafood. "So about your..." He couldn't quite find the words to describe the last state he heard me in.

"Tantrum. Did you listen to me?" I choke on my food at the word he chose to describe what that was. A cry from terror and desperation to be heard was a tantrum? huh, interesting. "Yeah. I'm all better now, except that mom isn't, she's getting sicker every day."

A strangled sigh comes to my father's mouth. "How many times have I told you not to mention her in this house" I roll my eyes. "She's basically dying. Suck it up and just pay for her treatment already, at this point she has at least a year to live. My mom's been fighting for her life against this sickness, so please...be a dad for once and pay for her treatment" My voice cracks and I hate that it does but I can't help my emotions.

Sometimes I feel like I feel too much and way too many emotions but without them, I wouldn't experience such great things like love, friendships, and more.

"Taehyun, that woman may be your mother but she's not my responsibility. If anything she should be fighting every straining second for you, you're her son. It's a sensible obligation to be there for a child that you've birthed." My father waits for my reply as he sips his red wine, my eyes wide in complete shock. The hypocrisy from that sentence baffled me to the extent that suddenly the thick tension did stop me from eating my food. "Father...who raised you? How could you say that when you've never been there for me the way Mom has. She's a better person than you'll ever be. Honestly, all you do is get richer, older, and flaunt cash towards people because on your own you know you're worthless trash" I say this and with no surprise, my father doesn't react, he just cuts through some cooked salmon easily with his knife and fork.

I wait, my hands clenched into fists and tense at my side.

Brows furrowed, my father meets my eyes.

"Is food, water, and shelter not enough for you? What about your education, is my money wastefully paying your loan not enough for you? Is my patience and restraint when I was married to that woman not enough for you?!" I'm stunned, so stunned that I close my eyes to calm myself. I've been arguing about paying for my mother's treatment for months now, and he still wouldn't budge.

"Are you not gonna pay it because she's not your responsibility or because you still can't handle how she dumped you first?" I question, crossing my arms, my brow raised in disgust. My father chuckles a deep throaty sound that could be used for a villain in some fictional story. Except this was very much real. "Taehyun don't be silly. You're my son, after all, you have no room to be idiotic. I'm sure that the money I've earned should be spent how I see fit, no?" I gulp at his words, being his son makes me feel queasy and uncomfortable.

He always taught me and disciplined me, but never cared for me.

Our dynamic wasn't abusive, but it wasn't healthy.

And for some reason, I'm starting to believe my father just grew up without care or love because his behavior now must stem from something deeply engraved in him, or else he's just twisted in a way I wasn't.

"Oh and before I forget. I'm going on a trip with someone. I'll be gone for some time, it might be for a week or a month. I'm not sure."

My eyes narrow in curiosity, and I suspect I know who that someone is. "Who are you going with?" I asked, resuming the eating I was doing. "If you must know, I'm taking my girlfriend on a trip. She specifically requested we go somewhere outside of Korea, so I'm abiding by what she wants." "You know she's using you for your money, right?" I start, it'd be hilarious if he didn't already know this. Yes, my father was good-looking, he definitely aged well but I'm not sure that's enough to keep a young woman entertained for long, I mean most of my father's good looks are maintained because he's wealthy.

"Yes, I've known since the first moment she approached me. It's funny how I can say yes to her and make her the happiest woman on earth, or say no and kick her out of my life." I scoff quietly gaining a smirk from my father as he takes another bite of his food.

"You're unbearable."

"I know" He answers whilst a taunting grin stretches across his face. Checking his watch, he nods his head slightly before turning to me and sighing.

"I'll be gone by tonight. Keep up the good grades, don't party too much, and try getting some therapy sessions in, it'll help with your...episodes" It's not really a goodbye but it's all he knows to say, if he says anything more, it'll be too uncomfortable.

Too unlike us.

We've been like this since my teen years, and even when I was younger my father was strict and not one to play with me and my car toys so I detested him a bit.

"Call me if you need money."

And that's all he says before he walks away, a phone call erasing me from his thoughts as he answers with a tone used for work.

It's always 'Call me if you need money' not 'Call me if you need anything'

Throwing my head back, I groan in annoyance.

He's just so frustrating.

My phone buzzes, a text interrupting the crisis that is my father.

'We should probably talk.'

The Next Day -- 7:25 AM

Author's P.O.V

Chaeryeong had only texted Taehyun because she thought if they didn't speak about talking to her mother about her father's last day, then it'd be awkward with unresolved tension.

They had kissed again at the party and Chaeryeong couldn't lie and say she hated it, it was the opposite in fact. However, that night at Beomgyu's party also left her with an angry date. I mean although Jisung left her to mingle with another girl, she was caught kissing someone else.

When Jisung dragged her out of the basement, he asked why and who the hell she was kissing. Chaeryeong didn't really know how to respond, she was just recovering from Taehyun's lips on hers and it was practically impossible to do so. "Well! What was going on over there? Why were you-why were you..." Jisung had cut himself off, rambling on as he stared at her, eyes wide at the time. "You went to go get drinks and I got bored. I mean you were keeping yourself busy so...I went to have my own fun."

Chaeryeong had said, a stoic expression blanketing the thundering aftermath of kissing Taehyun.

After that night, Jisung and her hadn't spoken. I mean he had no right to be mad and she had the freedom to go flirt and kiss other men as much as she pleases.

They aren't official or exclusive.

But Jisung wasn't the problem. Yes, Chaeryeong's a bit nervous when she thinks about seeing him again. However, Taehyun was a pressing force on her min it was weighing her down.

Waiting outside of Hanlim Multi Arts, Chaeryeong noticed the black-haired girl that could only be called her best friend. Chaeryeong expected a cheerful greeting from Yuna, after all, she was the epitome of the world. Her bright smile and kind eyes are contagious in every good way.

Yuna's just amazing, but she was different at the moment and Chaeryeong could tell.

Just by Yuna's greeting, something had upset her. "Hello liar" Her voice was serious, her smile tight and fake. "Am I missing something?" Chaeryeong responds, whipping her red hair over her shoulder as she follows Yuna inside the building. Trying to catch up to her, Yuna pouts sadly as she glances at her friend. "You lied to me. You said you wouldn't associate yourself with him, but now you're kissing him at parties!" Angrily muttered, Chaeryeong furrows her brows confused for a moment. The redhead gasps, "You were there!" A hand slightly covering Chaeryeong's mouth in shock, Yuna nods, her eyes on the floor as they walk.

"I-I have no excuse, I'm sorry. I'm not gonna lie to you, I didn't hate it." Yuna sighs, nodding but clearly still upset.

Understandably, she didn't mind Chaeryeong and Taehyun except for the destruction that their relationship caused. "I can't restrict you from your one true love or whatever, but you have to promise me that whatever deep shit happened before, stays in the past." Yuna's quick acceptance made Chaeryeong smile and nod so quickly that she couldn't even process what the girl really said.

"But you have to promise me that whatever deep shit happened before, stays in the past."

"Oh about that, we're talking again because of...what happened" Yuna throws her head back in irritation. "You're killing me" Chaeryeong chuckles sadly at Yuna's response, not sure if that was a joke or if she's still upset. Silence hovered for a while, awkwardness that spilled through them and could not be cleaned up.

They were rarely not able to talk to each other but it felt like Chaeryeong's feelings for Taehyun resurfacing were starting to drive a wedge between their friendship.

Which is exactly what happened before.

"I-" The words she was gonna say would have caused an argument.

'I think I might like Taehyun again' Chaeryeong are you crazy!

"It's probably a one-time thing" Reassures Chaeryeong again as Yuna nods, her terse and clipped attitude soon started to melt and it was because of one thing, and one thing only.

"I'll be right back," She says, her uniform bristles as she runs towards someone that Chaeryeong doesn't even try to identify.

"Yeah me too" Chaeryeong whispers but Yuna's already gone, her attention elsewhere. Although, Chaeryeong's focus also changes once she spots the black-haired man that's had a grip on her heart. Gulping nervously, a sort of guilt sets in her stomach at the sight of him.

She has just argued with her best friend over him yet she knew this conversation couldn't be avoided now.

"Taehyun" Chaeryeong mutters, voice twisting in different tones, unsure how to talk to him now that things are in the air about her father. He turns, the corner of his lips curl upwards a bit but he tries his best to hide his emotions by the way he looks away quickly. It makes Chaeryeong's hand squeeze into fists with more guilt and regret.

'How different things would be if I had just listened'

"Yes," Taehyun's answer to her call hung in the air. The emotions between them are so quiet yet so loud. All they could do is talk through their eyes. Her eyes were on his, and vice versa. Emotion pouring out of every pore and every stretch of skin.

It was like their breathing's blocked by something heavy.

Weighing on their chests like the past floating in the air.

"Um-uh I just wanted to talk about the last time we saw each other." Started Chaeryeong, she curled a finger around the hem of her skirt. "Last Sunday? Or the night we kissed" Taehyun smiled at the thought of making her nervous and he could clearly see it with the way Chaeryeong's ears redden. "The Sunday we met up, and-and, yes the night we kissed" A breath of fresh air seemed to escape Chaeryeong.

Taehyun takes one step forward.

Closing the distance between them, their chests were close to touching, and the constant breathing filled the silence.

"When do you wanna interrogate my...mom?" Chaeryeong asks the question leaving a weird taste in her mouth. The thought of Taehyun seeing Chaeryeong's mom again spiked awkwardness and old memories between the two. "We don't have to talk about this, I'd much rather talk about that kiss" A meaningful yet cunning smile spread along his face. Leaning closer, Taehyun knew if he took another step, Chaeryeong would react and back away.

It would be too much for her, so he slowly leans closer, eyes looking downwards, at her.

"Taehyun, not in public. We're in the hallway." She says, not one sound in that tone of hers told him she didn't like this. "Are you saying we should find somewhere private?" Quickly putting a hand to his chest, Chaeryeong gives Taehyun a stern look.

"I would love to ~ But sadly I care more about what happened to my dad than doing anything with...you."

It was terse, clean, and a visible rejection that Taehyun took. Although he knew she meant those words, sarcasm still dripped from every crevice in her tone as she said the first part of that sentence. Taehyun took several moments to just look at her, and Chaeryeong stared back too with her brows furrowed at the increasing speed of her heartbeat. Whenever Chaeryeong thought of the possibility of loving each other again she always thought of the day they broke up.

They had both shed so many tears it was unbearable.

"Okay," He takes several small steps away and gives her space. However, despite them not being chest to chest anymore, Chaeryeong still felt like his presence was constructing her way to breathe normally. "We can meet my mom after the Donations event that's happening tomorrow." Taehyun nodded, simply soaking in this time when she didn't fight, scowl, or ignore him.

It felt like a win to him, he was so utterly relieved.

She didn't look as though she hated him anymore.

Just as Chaeryeong was about to end the conversation, she stopped to say one last thing.

"Taehyun...that kiss was plainly yours and my sexual frustration. Even if we wanted it to be something more, there are just too many things in the way of that."

Now he felt a bit disappointed.

The look in Chaeryeong's eyes is delusion, a good old delusional denial.

It felt like she was forced to suppress her emotions and for a reason Taehyun didn't know of.

"Okay, have a nice day!" Exclaimed Taehyun, he tried to sound positive but he really was let down.

However, who said good things came easily?

"Chaeryeong, I have to-oh..." A familiar voice interrupted their conversation.

"You weren't kidding when you said you guys were talking again" Yuna states standing awkwardly as she bowed slightly at Taehyun, waving at him. "Oh hey...it's been a while" At that, Yuna's politeness drifts off and she looks away, her form rigid. I mean Taehyun could understand, he just didn't know when things went to shit.

So bad that everyone drifted off, and most of the guys ignored that they had been friends with two lovely girls in the past.

Yuna is one of them, the one they forgot.

Rolling her eyes, Yuna looks at Chaeryeong expectantly. "I'm gonna go, bye Taehyun" Before Chaeryeong could smile, or wave goodbye, the black-haired girl at her side grabs her arm, looping it with hers as they walk away.

"That was mean," Chaeryeong says in a warning tone as she gives Yuna a long side glance. "It's not mean, just necessary " Answers Yuna in a prompt tone that was sharp and unlike her fun cheery personality.

A lot of what just happened was so unlike them.

Lunch

Chaeryeong's P.O.V

And there she goes, off to talk to her lifelong crush, Kai.

The nervousness in her tone caught me off guard and made me reminisce about the last interaction they'd ever had. Kai was silently mad that day, while Beomgyu wasn't calm, Kai was calm, like always.

He's a kid who learned how to grow up quickly only because he was born into poverty and financial issues. While Beomgyu had too much to eat, too much exposure, and too much hate. Kai had too little to eat, too little experience, and lots of love. He had a good family and a good heart, but he's calm, and practically the embodiment of unbothered. He always had a scowl or a blank stare on his face, but if you were friends with him he'd smile laugh and continue on being the warm-hearted teen I remember him to be.

However, that last day on the beach was hectic, Kai had told us to leave along with Beomgyu, but he didn't spare her a second glance. I know that's why she has such a grudge against my relationship with Taehyun because it stopped whatever she had going on with Kai.

They were close, even if they irritated each other, and were polar opposites.

They were friends and I'm sure Kai started feeling such emotions.

I knew Yuna liked Kai it didn't become such an intense crush until I and Beomgyu had graduated, more likely because now it was just Taehyun, Kai, and her in school.

Glancing off in the distance I watch them all chatter and laugh just as Yuna finally arrives at their table.

I'm brought back out of my thoughts just as Lia squeals. "That's so disgusting! you just made out with someone" Lia squealed as she repeatedly blinked in her dramatic antics. Ryujin laughed as I chuckled a sigh of relief coming back to me after Yuna left to talk to Kai. "I didn't make out with anyone, okay!" But Yeji's cheeks were rosy and Lia shook her head with fake disappointment as she prayed to the heavens.

Another laugh bubbles up my throat.

Taking a sip of my soda, I ask a question. "Isn't there a donations event coming up?" This caused excitement to run through Yeji's features as her lips curled into a bright smile, "It's Tomorrow actually!!! I can't believe I forgot, we have to go dress shopping!" Ryujin and Lia furrowed our brows in curiosity.

I shake my head slightly, many girls in Harlem Multi Arts treat the donations event as some kind of ball where you go mingle, not donate. They really just take the 'event' from the title and run with it. There have many themes over the years that I've been here, there was a Halloween theme in my Freshman year and a beach theme for my Sophmore year.

Now I'm in Junior year and I'm sure that this year's theme is a ballroom, fancy kind of vibe.

"What donation is it?" Ryujin asks, "I'm pretty sure this time we're donating to the school, last year it was for cancer research" Ryujin and Lia nod, both of their questions answered. "The event isn't that big of a deal, it's just a party where you donate some money and enjoy your time there. Not much to do but bet on who's gonna sneak in some alcohol first" I mutter sipping more of my soda, ignoring the roll of Yeji's eyes as she disagrees. "No, it's not just that. It's magical, the shopping process is fun. The food is immaculate and the richest sponsors to our school usually organize the event. You get to feel rich, be among the rich, and eat rich for one evening."

"What the hell is eat rich supposed to mean?" Chewing another bite of my food, I wait for Yeji's reply. "Eat like the rich, come on that was easy to know" Yeji deadpans, her arms crossed. "Eat like the rich or eat the rich, because last year someone made a count of how many couples went to the bathroom that evening. Honestly, it's just an event where you donate, sneak in some alcohol, mingle and make out with whoever you can, and the adults trying to make it civilized and not just some other teenage party."

"You win" Yeji sighs, Ryujin and Lia laugh casually at Yeji's adorable face, a pout forming on her lips.

"Don't crush my dreams, Chae. Even if it is just that, we can still look good for the event."

"Yeah yeah, we can go dress shopping" I spoke, a sly smile taking over my face while Yeji gives me a playful glare.

We're going dress shopping.

Moments Earlier 

Taehyun's P.O.V

"Eww Gyu no one wants to hear you bitch and moan about how hot Shin Ryujin is ok-" My scolding is cut off as a girl walks towards our table. I recognize her instantly, Yuna looks daringly different from years ago. This morning I didn't recognize her behavior and could believe she grew up to be like this. She wasn't bright and fun anymore, she was more sophisticated and acted like she could have everything she's ever wanted at her fingertips.Now I knew she had changed before because of the way she confidently strutted to our table and invited herself.

I could see some stares looking her way.

People muttered things like "Typical Yuna" and "There she goes again."

Some others said some rude things and called her rude terms, but Yuna looked so unbothered you'd think she and Kai are the same person. Yuna wasn't an unbothered person, I guess then she wasn't.

She reacted to everything and everyone.

If you waved at her she'll wave back with an added wide smile.

If you talked to her rudely, she'd say rude stuff back and might even start a fistfight.

Kai used to always say that she needed to learn to be in control of her emotions. I remember that she used to go to therapy to deal with her anger issues, though that didn't make her any less of a good person.

"Hyuka! May I take a seat?" Kai glances at her with a dreading face, he clearly doesn't want her to be here. "Hey guys meet Yuna, she's friends with Yeji so you might know her" I don't know her, she seems familiar but, "Hi guys, if you have any tips on how to ask Kai out, I'll gladly ask for some advice" Our mouths hung open as she said that so casually, I'm sure we're all wondering and thinking the same thing. She looks like Yuna but her personality is way off the girl we used to know. Yuna's hair is long and black, dark black. Like the kind of black that terrifies you when you realize you can't see through it.

Pure dark blackness.

Her eyes are still large and round, wide and inviting but in a maturer sense.

Her lips her tinted a rosy pink, shaped delicately like Yuna's when she was a teenager. The thing that changed the most is that she's more toned, less skinny, and more fit, lean, and taller. Her facial features matured as they would when they grow older. She still has that bunny look to her but it's not an adorable look you see right off the bat.

Yuna's resting face used to look like a bunny, sweet and cute.

Now it was...how do I put it...

Womanly?

Beomgyu started a conversation with Yuna and they talked in a bitter sense, I wonder if Beomgyu knows it was her. However, that thought is thrown out the window when I see Chaeryeong's eyes look away from our table, was she staring?

I guess she was.

I purse my lips, leaning back in my chair. When Yuna left, all of our eyes flew to Kai.

"Kai explains" Soobin questions him while he purses his lips, which we clue in is a sign that he won't repeat himself. "Ok, she first showed interest in me when she saw me in the halls, she found me attractive so she instantly came to tell me I was handsome, I thought she was really weird at first and I still think that I'm not focused on dating anyone so I'm not too worried about her, she's just a friend" He explains simply. "Sheesh, does she know she's just a friend," Yeonjun asks, "Yeah she does but she's still convinced that she can make me fall for her," Kai says while rolling his eyes.

I didn't quite believe that, if I knew Yuna then, it was that she was a very persistent girl.

And I bet she still is.

"Have you guys picked an outfit for the party tomorrow?" I implied as Soobin tilt my head remembering the donations event that Mrs. and Mr. Kim are holding tomorrow. Yeonjun furrows his brows in confusion, "What party?!" He asks, "You know the donations event thingy" Soobin mentions, hoping it'll ring a bell. "Yeah I know about that but isn't the event like a month away" We all shake our heads as Yeonjun panics, "Nope, it's actually tomorrow" I spoke again, "WHAT!?" Yelled Yeonjun, I wince and glare at him along with Soobin.

"You didn't know" Soobin replies as I try to stop the ringing in my ears, "Okay then it's scheduled, we'll go suit shopping after school, I haven't bought anything in a while anyway" Beomgyu suggests while we all agree.

We're going suit shopping.

I'M SO SORRY!!!!I haven't updated in so long and it's because of writer's block and my annoyance incompetent writing ability. I swear I couldn't write a descriptive sentence for the life of me and I was frustrated!

But I got it over with and just like always, I updated.

I made this long because I wanted to treat you guys to a long chapter, so enjoy 💜

Thank you so much for the support on my other books!!!!!

I'm always happy to see your comments and votes. I love you guys!

Anyways, as you can see for Taeryeong's book, they're gonna have three parts about this event thingy because this chapter would've been way too long if I added the shopping scenes.I'm still wondering if I should add them or not.

Anyway, Yuna has been mentioned a whole lot in this chapter simply because I wanted you guys to have a glimpse into her character and her whole book with Kai.She is going to be frustrating, make dumb decisions, and maybe will seem toxic for Kai at times but hey, we've seen this before haven't we! (aka Beomgyu)

If there are any grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes, I apologize.

Thanks for reading this chapter, and sorry again for the long wait. I have no excuses, I'm a lazy gal!

MEMES!!!

Luv you! 🥰

༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

36.1K 3.9K 41
Finally our lips parted but he was still holding my face, โI didn't even imagine, my first kiss will be with the sweet lips like this! I'm lucky to k...
26.2K 2.2K 35
If you asked Beomgyu if he had loved before, he would have dumbly replied, "what? Love? I have no time for love." Beomgyu was too busy to notice anyt...
14.6K 2.2K 57
๐Ÿ…ฑ๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ผ๐Ÿ…น๐Ÿ†„๐Ÿ…ฝ ๐Ÿ”ž ยนโธโบ | แดฐสณแตƒแตแตƒ | แดฟแต’แตแตƒโฟแถœแต‰ Half a year has passed since Choi Yeonjun and Kang Taehyun separated from their relationship on probation. Du...
15.3K 762 33
Choi Soobin x Kang Taehyun It wasn't your super clichรฉ love story. Taehyun wasn't a popular jock while Soobin was an unpopular nerdy kid. More like...