4/5- I Need You (ON HOLD)

By luvvbread

Highschool sweethearts, the couple of the bunch, they loved one another and cherished each other like gold. H... More

๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐ต๐‘’๐‘”๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”...
๐˜ฝ๐™š๐™›๐™ค๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ข~
แด›สœแด‡ ๊œฑแด›แดส€แด ส™แด‡ษขษชษด๊œฑ~
๐˜‹๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต.
๐’๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฐ.
The Breakup.
Fuck it
Delusional.
๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฒโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฒโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹โ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹.
๐™Œ๐™ช๐™ž๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™‡๐™ช๐™ก๐™ก๐™–๐™—๐™ฎ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™Ž๐™ค๐™—๐™จ...
Partner.
All Goes Well?
Just For Tonight.
๐ธ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰! ๐Ÿฃ/๐Ÿฅ
๐ธ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰! 2/๐Ÿฅ
๐ธ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰! 3/๐Ÿฅ
Suspicious.
Dead End?
Doubt...
Friend or Foe?
Love = Insanity

๐–๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐๐š๐œ๐ค...

71 8 9
By luvvbread

Sunday -- 10:04 AM

Taehyun's P.O.V

We were in the same office, and it exuded the same tension it did the first time we met up.

Chaeryeong's hair wasn't in a bun this time, instead, it was neatly straightened along her back. Her face was calmer but it looked like a facade, like she was having a war in her head all at the same time. "This is why I became a detective, there are so many different outcomes waiting to be discovered. And this is one of them, welcome back Lee Chaeryeong" Detective Kim smiles at her gently and I can see Chaeryeong's brows frown as she struggles to give him the same energy back. I was feeling rather good about myself considering the night Chaeryeong and I had yesterday, it didn't go so far though, because she was pulled from my grip.

*Flashback*

Taehyun's P.O.V

"Yes." She said.

The moment the words left her lips, my hand shot up to the spot between her jaw and the slope of her neck. Roughly, I pulled herself to me and found myself kissing her sensually. It was intimate and the pounding music in my ears was so blurred out by the scent of her.

She smelled like a rich daisy or like she just came out of a bath filled with mint scents.

It made me deepen the kiss and I could tell she liked it by the hitch of her breath, by the way she tightened her grip on my shirt, and rubbed her thigh against mine. I felt like I was on top of this world and I knew it wasn't healthy to have a mere woman control my happiness and state of mind. Except she wasn't a mere woman, she had become my world the day I realized I loved her.

Her kisses stopped and I thought it was over. The speed of my heart beating increased in anticipation, I wanted her and only her, it was hitting me like a truck, no, a storm. Licking my lips, she stared and stared, I almost hoped that she'd been going through the same thoughts that I had. "You're so...gorgeous," I say breathlessly, my fingers reaching to touch her cheek. Her tongue pokes the side of her mouth nervously. Chaeryeong gulps, her mouth parted just for me, because she's right in front of me.

"Says you" Chaeryeong responds and I smile. "Yeah right, all this-" I gesture to her, "For me?" I scoff, smirking at her.

Leaning closer and closer, "You wish" The way she says the two words makes me close my eyes for a second.

"Yes I do, I wish for a lot of things."

And that's when I felt Chaeryeong pull away from me. Well not her, it was someone pulling her away from me, protectively, I held her waist and snatched her wrist away from that unknown hand. That's until I look up to his face and see...

Jisung.

*End Of Flashbacks*

Breathing in deeply, I try not to think of such thoughts and instead focus on what we're trying to accomplish. "Thanks..." Silence makes itself comfortable as we all keep quiet for a while, that's until I decide to break the awkwardness with the discovery I found days ago. "I recently found this article by Park Ji-hyo talking about the hours before...your dad's death." I paused waiting for Chaeryeong's reaction because if she couldn't physically take it or even mentally I wasn't gonna have her go through this.

"Continue" She whispers, her eyes on the floor, completely blank. Her brows are furrowed in concentration, and when she utters the word, I do just as she asks. Gesturing at the large computer on Detective Kim's desk, he nods as I take it and open up a search engine. Typing in the letters, scrolling down, I find the article and click on it. "There. Maybe we can start there because it talks about something fairly suspicious." As I explain, Detective Kim reads the article his hand rubbing his chin in serious focus as well. "What's in the article?" Chaeryeong asks, turning her body towards me.

"It proves that your dad was indeed drunk as I had said during the time. There's a video of your dad in the CCTV of the cafe he was in. In the video, he orders a medium-sized latte as the journalist describes, except why would a latte be put into a to-go back if all he ordered was that."

"How would you know he's drunk?"Chaeryeong's eyes are slightly wide and a bit glassy, her fingers are clenched while she pokes her cheek with her tongue. "Did you hear what I said? Your father had something else in the bag, the worker who gave him the bag must be in on something with your dad, maybe?" I stress confused about why she keeps pressing on and reacting to her dad being drunk.

It's practically the least of our problems.

"The video clearly shows him unstably walking, and...right here when he sways in this angle, you can see a flask" Detective Kim turns his computer toward Chaeryeong as he pauses to the point in the video where you can see a silver flask held tightly in his hand. Playing the rest of the video, she's able to see the rest of her father's drunken behaviour but her reactions don't really match the scene she's seeing.

It's not like he's violently disturbing the customers, he's just drunk while ordering a latte.

It doesn't make sense.

Me and Detective Kim look at each other in confusion, "Chaeryeong is there something you wanna tell us?" The red-haired woman shakes her head in denial almost, she leans back before looking me right in the eyes and says.

"My dad doesn't drink alcohol."

Silence.

An intense shock because what!

"You must not have seen him drink it at all then, I mean you were just a teenager" Detective Kim states, crossing his arms because that's not really possible-" I interrupt Detective Kim "Do you mean he doesn't or he can't?" I ask because some people can't drink alcohol because of a disease or something. "No, my dad grew up in a toxic household, his uncle was an alcoholic. My dad despised alcohol, sometimes he'd get into arguments with my mom about it whenever she'd have some." Chaeryeong's voice doesn't crack or break, she looks eager to explain and it reassures something in me.

She's not the grieving little girl anymore.

"Tsk, I'm not sure-" Detective Kim starts, "I'm pretty sure I know my dad." Chaeryeong snaps as she narrows her eyes at the both of us. "Okay, okay, if he didn't drink alcohol then what might've caused him to drink it now?" I question, looking at Detective Kim, wondering if he has any conclusions.

"Or that isn't my dad" My brows raise in even more confusion, "Okay that's a big assumption."

"Not really, hours before my dad's death he was out with my mom on a date, he wanted to tell her something. My mom was so happy that day so I remember it clearly. She said it had been a while since they had gone out to lunch by themselves." I try to think of all the possibilities and maybe even start to think that Chaeryeong might be right and that this story is even more twisted than we think.

"I think that's enough."

"Huh?" Me and Chaeryeong say in unison.

"Hold on now, let me speak. If that's not your dad because he doesn't drink alcohol and was on a date with your mom at that time then that means that this case is way more deeper than we thought. The conclusion of our first day is that your dad supposedly was staged to be seen drunk at a cafe where he orders a latte in a bag full of other stuff. Your dad was also going on a date with your mom at the time and was gonna tell her something, if they're already married then it's most likely that he was gonna tell her something big." Detective Kim sighs, before looking at me and Chaeryeong with so much seriousness in his eyes.

"I'm gonna give you guys some homework." We both nod.

Our eyes meet briefly and I can see Chaeryeong caressing her shaking hands, it makes me want to grab them in mine.

"Could you interrogate- well more like interview your mom about the date, maybe she'll tell you what your dad could have told her. It was also the last hours that he was alive, she might remember a lot from that day too." Chaeryeong nods slowly but I stay frozen, we both don't speak about this homework knowing how awkward and scary it'd be for me to see Chaeryeong's mom again.

I mean when we dated she despised me.

Absolutely despised me.

"While you guys do that, I'll do my own detective work and look into the worker at that cafe. Got it?" The two of us nod in determination.

"So we're really doing this" Chaeryeong utters, her voice finally shaking.

I gulp suddenly feeling guilty for having dragged her into this.

"Yes, if you wanna back out at any time Chaeryeong, please do so, for your mental health."

I'm grateful for Detective Kim's words because my throat's so closed up you'd think I swallowed something bad. She smiles slightly, "I can't back out now, there's too many memories that I question from the past."

"I need to figure out what really happened, for my mental health."

HIIII MY READERS!!!!

Sorry if this chapter was too short, but now we're finally getting into the mystery.

Honestly when I wrote this, I didn't really plan anything so I was just as shocked to find that I wrote the words that Chaeryeong's dad didn't drink alcohol, at all.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed!!!!

If you have any theories go ahead and comment them, like what do you guys think was in the bag along with the latte?

MEMES!!!!

Bye :)

( ˘ ³˘)♥︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 177 29
About a story where a boy named Choi Beomgyu is a very close friend of Kang Taehyun. Beomgyu hasn't realized his own feelings for Taehyun this whole...
15.3K 762 33
Choi Soobin x Kang Taehyun It wasn't your super clichรฉ love story. Taehyun wasn't a popular jock while Soobin was an unpopular nerdy kid. More like...
35.6K 3.9K 41
Finally our lips parted but he was still holding my face, โI didn't even imagine, my first kiss will be with the sweet lips like this! I'm lucky to k...
275K 13K 72
"Jungkook : I told you I will make you feel how hell look like" "YN : Well congratulations Mr jeon jungkook I feel there's no difference between hell...