Sonic's Unwanted Harem

Від LeJesterVixen

Alt. Universe - The blue blur just does what he does best, saving lives and living free as the wind while oc... Більше

Prologue
01. One Year Ago
02. Home
03. Letters
04 Crystal Cavern Part 1
05 Crystal Cavern Part 2
06 Crystal Cavern Part 3
07. Talk Part 1
08. Voices Part 1
09. First Part 1
10. First Part 02
11. First Part 03
12. Voices Part 02
13. Reunion
14. Talk Part 02
15. Rest Pt 01
16. Letter Pt. 02
17. Searching Pt. 01
18. Searching Pt. 02
19. Talk PT. 03
20. Deal Pt 01
21. Deal Pt 02
Sonic Train - PT 01
22. Home Pt. 02
23. Presence
24. Home Pt. 03
25. Haywire
26. Countdown Pt. 1
27. Countdown Pt. 2
28. Countdown Pt. 3
29. Troubled Pt. 01
31. Birthday Pt. 02
32. Birthday Pt. 03
Characters ! PT 1
33. Haywire PT. 02
Characters! Pt. 2
34. Searching Pt. 03
35. Rest Pt. 02
36. Friend
37. Countdown Pt. 04
38. Showtime Pt 01.
39. Showtime - Part 02
40. Rest Pt. 03
41. Promise
42 Talk Pt 04
43. You
44. Talk Pt. 05
45. Just Another Normal Day

30. Birthday Pt. 01

430 14 284
Від LeJesterVixen

Warning: This chapter contains mild language, violence, and mild blood.

Please be advised.

Thank you and enjoy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Acorn Kingdom – Hedgehog Residence - 6:46 a.m.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jules is trying to keep his composure as he sees the man, no, this... creature who has been tormenting his son for the last six months standing at his doorstep, first thing in the morning. Those teeth are haunting as is the dull blue quills and pale muzzle but those are nothing compared to the black and red eyes staring at him. Those eyes are terrifying to look at, much more psychotic than Fleetway's maniacal spirals and that's saying something.

Exe can see the fear in the man's eyes and revels in it. It's always refreshing to visit a new universe and get reactions from others, especially when they try their hardest to hide the fear like this one before him is trying to do. Honestly, Exe must applaud him, he's not doing a bad job at hiding his fear. At first glance, one wouldn't be able to tell but the longer he looks into those brown eyes, does he see that wonderful, beautiful emotion everyone has.

"Now, now, it's not polite to stare." Exe closes his eyes and chuckles, not caring if he lightens the mood or not, though, it is quite entertaining to play with a potential new toy.

"Although," he tilts his head to the side, taking in the other's appearance. He looks just like an older version of his Love, only with brown hair hanging on the left side of his face. "None of the other Sonic's I've had the pleasure of meeting ever had a dad. One did have a mom who was a queen and siblings, but," he lets out an eerie chuckle despite his soft tone, "-they were just a joke. We'll leave that one underground."

Jules can feel his blood run cold despite it being rather warm this morning. "He had siblings?"

"Oh, please," Exe waves the topic off, "-they're not worth talking about."

Brown eyes close and Jules rubs his forehead, taking a slow breath. "And how do I know you won't kill my son as you have the other Sonic?"

Sharp teeth are revealed as a huge grin goes across Exe's face. He doesn't know why but talking about his current Love just brings so much joy to his non-existing heart. "This Sonic is the only one out of every other Sonic I've loved, who has ever kissed me. He started the kiss when I first came here."

"No, you were the one who kissed him. We all saw it." Brown eyes narrow at the red and black ones.

Another chuckle leaves the pale mouth. "True, but he was the one who licked my lips, asking for entrance to my mouth. No other Sonic has ever done that. They all try to get out of my grip, yet this one." He closes his eyes and hugs himself, wishing it was his Love instead. "I know this one truly loves me."

Jules bites back a growl. He knows the only reason Sonic would ever do that was to make sure they were safe. His son is too quick to sacrifice himself for others.

Pale arms drop back down to his side as red eyes taunt brown ones, still seeing how they're trying to suppress the fear in them. "He plays a little hard to get at times but in the end, he's always submissive. He always makes sure that I'm pleased with him and that makes him such a cute boyfriend, wouldn't you agree?"

Though fear is in his eyes, Jules can feel himself getting angry the more the bastard in front of him talks. However, he won't do anything foolish. He doesn't want to cause any problems for anyone. "I would appreciate it if you didn't talk to me about my son like this."

"But father," Exe only smirks when he sees a little anger flare up in those brown eyes. "-we are to be wed soon and besides I haven't said anything out of turn. It's not like I'm telling you what we'll be doing on our honeymoon."

Exe knows that he's starting to rile the man up, but he can't help it. His claws are itching to draw blood, to impale themselves into flesh and rip limbs apart. He's been so focused on preparing their house that he hasn't had a proper kill since the last time he refilled his ink jar and though he'd like to keep the man around since it'll be somewhat nice to visit his new in-law's when he gets married, he so desperately wants to open the body and rip out the organs too. 'Ahh, shame I can't do both.'

Jules closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, needing to calm down. He can feel his blood pressure rising every time the bastard says anything about marrying into the family. "Please, don't call me that."

A clawed hand reaches out to move the brown hair to the side so Exe can get a better look at both brown eyes, and he slightly digs the tips of the claws into the side of the head, just enough to draw a little blood. He feels the other wince from the sudden motion but other than that, those brown eyes just glare at him. "Once we decide on a wedding date, you will be giving your son away to me so that he and I will happily be married. If you and Sonic both agree to this," he tightens his grip slightly, letting a thin stream of blood roll down the side of the head, only to be hidden by the quill, "-then I promise you, I will not destroy this planet. Can't say the same about different planets since I do enjoy destroying universes, but,"

Jules feels the hand leave his head and he releases a shaky breath. He doesn't bother to wipe the blood, no, he doesn't want anyone to see it on his hand and question him since he knows the psycho only wants the two of them to know about the small injury.

Exe extends his clean hand out to the hedgehog. "-if you accept then your friends, your wife, will all keep their lives. Do we have a deal, dad?"

Jules looks from those damn red eyes to the hand, and he closes his eyes. Is he willing to sacrifice his son's happiness and freedom just to keep everyone safe? Sonic will most likely do the same thing if there is no other choice but can he, as a father, do that to his own son? He also knows Sonic would be against it if he was the only one at stake.

Exe only smiles as he waits. He knows the other is weighing the pros and cons about this very unfair agreement but whatever choice the hedgehog decides will make no difference to him. He had only said he wouldn't kill the man's friends and wife; he didn't say about anyone else on the planet and besides, he never said anything about not tormenting this family. Ah, he hasn't had a good torment in a very long time anyways and he is quite overdue to make someone's life a living hell.

The father hedgehog opens his eyes to see the hand still outstretched before he looks back up into the evil eyes and he can feel the small quills on the back of his neck stand. This creature is far too dangerous, and Jules will be lucky if the small, head injury is the only thing he gets from the psycho today.

Jules opens his mouth to give his answer but instantly hears movement behind him.

"Jules, who is it-"

Ears twitch as they hear something shatter against the hard floor and Jules turns around to see his wife looking horrified. He moves to go to his wife but is stopped when a hand tightly grabs his forearm.

Exe leans in close and whispers in the ear: "We'll continue our conversation another time, dad," he then releases his hold on the other, letting him check on his dear wife.

Jules quickly goes to his wife and gently grabs her face, needing to calm down. "Bernie, look at me." He sees the terrified green eyes tremble and he rubs her cheek. "At me, Bernie."

Bernadette finally turns her attention to her husband as her lips quiver. "Wh-wh-what is he d-doing here?"

Jules doesn't say anything as he places his forehead against his wife's. Even if the stalker did give him permission, how could he possibly tell his wife that he has to give their son away or else they'll die? No, they'll just have to die because he will not be giving his son away to this crazed murderer. There must be something they can do to fight back without sacrificing Sonic; he's been through enough hell.

"I would suggest that you both move."

Both parents look to the stalker to see him enter the house with a smile on his face before he bends down and starts picking up the broken mug.

"What are you doing in our house? Get out!" She fusses at the psycho as Jules pulls her behind him.

"Now, now," the tip of a finger plays with a piece ceramic, moving it back and forth as it burns his finger slightly. "-I wouldn't want either of you two to cut yourself cleaning up this mess, isn't that right, Mr. Jules?" He gives the man a wicked smile, flashing his sharp teeth at him. "Now, may I ask if my Love is still asleep?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Crystal Cavern – 7:00 a.m.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Aaaarrrghhhhhhhh!"

Cold, toxic, green eyes watch as the blue hedgehog continues to get electrocuted inside one of the teal crystals. The peach arms are pulled behind his back and are encased by the thick, hardened mineral as are the blue ankles. A shock collar is tightly around the hero's throat but not enough to suffocate him. No, he wants his pet to be able to scream loudly.

Mephiles watches as the electrical currents flow through the body some more, hearing another piercing scream before he turns the dial off on the remote in his hand, heading for the chair in front of this crystal to sit in it once more.

Sonic lowers his head and breathes heavy, trying to get his bearings back. He can feel his fingers, tail, and right leg spasm from being shocked. His breaths are coming out short and fast and his ears are ringing.

A tired green eye opens and sees the clothes that the deity was wearing ripped to shreds in a pile before he looks up some more. He notices that Mephiles is covered in crystals like he was the first time he was kidnapped and the other is just looking at him coldly.

Mephiles hadn't said a word since they came back to this place and that bothers Sonic. The hero has no idea why Mephiles has him restrained, or trapped in this crystal or why he keeps getting electrocuted. He's tried asking while fighting back but his confusion had gotten the better of him and made him more vulnerable to the deity's attack.

Green and red eyes continue to look at the blue hedgehog and all he feels is empty. He thought teaching his pet a lesson would have filled the void but it does nothing. He doesn't feel sad that he's doing this to his pet, he doesn't feel happy or excited. He doesn't feel anger or hatred. He just feels... nothing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Last Night – Westopolis –9:53 p.m.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A purple portal closes and Mephiles is met with rain, something he's not entirely thrilled about. The falling water is a nuisance since it tracks everywhere and is wet. Not to mention his already uncomfortable clothes are clinging onto his body, making it even more uncomfortable.

A sigh leaves the pale muzzle before Mephiles shakes his head, only making more water drops fall onto his face and he just frowns. "I really do hate the rain."

Another sigh leaves him before he closes his eyes, needing to get a feel of high Chaos Energy so he can talk with Shadow. He had found out who, or more precisely, what the stalker is. How that creature can be an actual threat to all existence if it wanted to and how it came about. The two individuals who were responsible for summoning it into this multiverse in the first place, and he can properly explain the creature's unhealthy obsession with Sonic. Permanently removing it from this multiverse is the tricky part but if they do everything accordingly then by this time tomorrow, that stalker will no longer be in Sonic's life.

Once he feels the Chaos Energy does Mephiles make his way towards it, seeing a house twice the size of his pet's. The bottom floor has lights on and he can see a window.

"What did you say?"

Black and teal ears twitch from hearing Shadow's voice. 'Who else is with him?"

"I said fuck. You. Shadow."

Green eyes look through the window to see Shadow punching towards his pet but hitting the wall instead. His claws dig into the palms of his hands from the sudden attack. Even if the agent missed, there was no reason for him to attack Sonic. His claws dig deeper into his hand when he sees Shadow kiss his pet and he raises a hand, about to break the window to pull Shadow away but stops when he sees Sonic pulling Shadow by the shirt, kissing him.

Thunder booms and Mephiles lowers his hand from the window as his other hand unfolds.

"Sonic..."

The last thing he sees is Sonic wrap his arms around the ebony neck as they share another kiss, a longer one this time, before Mephiles turns away, with all previous thoughts gone. All the information he has on the stalker are no longer important to him. Wanting to stop the stalker from killing people for Sonic's sake is completely gone from him and the deal that he had made with Shadow no longer exists.

The white sclera in his eyes turn red as he looks up at the stormy sky and he can feel the crystals forming on his body once more as he feels nothing but cold, cold and for the first time, alone.

Mephiles looks to the claws on his left hand for a few seconds before he digs them into his right arm, just to see if he can feel anything, any pain, any irritation, any stinging from the cold rain running into the opened wound but he doesn't feel anything. Even when he licks the wound and blows on it, there would normally be a cold sensation, but he doesn't even feel that.

He just feels...

Empty...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Present – Crystal Cavern – 7:10 a.m.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sonic takes another raspy breath only for his throat to hurt from all the screaming he's been doing. He's not sure how long Mephiles has kept him in here, or how long he's been electrocuted but his body is exhausted, and he needs something to drink.

Despite his throat aching and being sore Sonic looks up and sees the deity just staring at him. "Why... are you... doing this...?"

The time deity says nothing as he gets up and walks over to the crystal. He moves his hand, and the front of the crystal disappears before he reaches in and grabs a hold of the shock-collar, feeling currents run though his body but it doesn't affect him. He sees his pet close his eyes and grits his teeth from being electrocuted as well before he rips the thing from the blue neck, throwing it to the side.

Sonic is barely able to take a shaky breath as the cold hand harshly grabs his throat, claws digging into the sides of his neck once more, but this time, they're cutting off his air supply.

Mephiles just watches as the green eyes hide behind closed eyelids and the sound of choking is loud in the cavern. He tightens his grip some more before abruptly releasing the throat, causing Sonic to cough and gasp for air. The crystal hand then waves to the side and all the dim lights in the cavern go out save for the teal crystal holding his pet and the chair he was previously sitting in.

Ragged coughs leave the peach mouth before Sonic raises his head up slightly and opens an eye. "Meph... iles... w-why...?"

The deity opens his mouth, but no words are said. Those green eyes... before last night he had come to enjoy seeing them so bright and happy or sassy whenever his pet would speak with him but now, those same green eyes are in pain and hold confusion within them. His pet truly doesn't know what he did wrong.

Sonic swallows some saliva before he raises his head more and opens his other eye, needing to get a better look at the time deity despite the sudden darkness. "...what happened...?" Seeing as he's only getting a cold stare, Sonic tries again. "Th-that stalker is coming soon... ... everyone will die-"

"Then let them die." Mephiles says slowly, looking at his pet once more before he turns to sit back in his chair to look into the darkness.

Green eyes open wide from hearing those words, not only those words but the tone in the other's voice. It's completely emotionless. This isn't the same jerk who claims to be his master, who had blackmailed him to go on a date, who had said he'd help with that stalker and erased that cursed bite mark from him. "...what happened to you...?"

Mephiles gets rid of the light in his chair as he continues to look in the darkness, refusing to look at the only source of light in the cavern. He clenches his hand, still feeling some of the warmth radiating from when he was choking his pet before it quickly dies.

"You happened to me..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Acorn Kingdom – Hedgehog Residence – 7:30 a.m.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dull blue ears twitch and the smile leaves the pale muzzle as crimson eyes look into brown ones. Exe doesn't care if those eyes are showing more determination than fear. No, the thing he cares about is the awful sound that had gone into his ears, something that he does not want to hear right now.

Sonic.Exe looks over towards the woman hedgehog to see the green eyes his Love had inherited from, well, the color at least, and he watches the tremble in fear and she is doing a horrible job trying to suppress it. He then turns to the mustached hedgehog only to see an equal amount of fear and anger dancing in those brown eyes, but again, he doesn't care about that. He only cares about the abomination he just heard.

"I'm sorry,"

The three hedgehogs see the stalker raise his right hand a little and watch as the claws begin to extend. Jules quickly pulls his wife behind him as he and his brother stand their ground.

"-would you mind repeating what you said?" Exe's voice deepens and starts to distort. "I don't believe I heard you correctly the first time."

A blue flash pops in the front room and Shadow suddenly appears on the side, seeing the stalker here. His red eyes widen for a fraction of a second before they narrow and he grabs the wrist, tugging on it ever so slight to get the psycho's attention from the family. "What are you doing here so early?"

Bloody eyes glance to the right only to see crimson ones glaring at him. He then turns to look at the black and red hand grabbing his wrist and Exe notices that for some reason, the ebony hedgehog isn't wearing gloves. It's a minor detail but an interesting one none the less. He then turns his gaze back to the face and he frowns. "These... Jules said that Sonic wasn't home. That he had never come back yesterday."

Shadow's eyes go wide, and he unconsciously loses his grip on the pale wrist, feeling the other free himself from his grasp as he turns his head to the family. "What? He never came back?"

"No," Chuck shakes his head before turning back to the stalker, watching as he lowers his arm to his side. "-he's been gone since he ran off."

The ebony hedgehog stares in front of him and recalls last night's events. He and Sonic had made up, in a sense, and he had told the speedster that he'd be here first thing in the morning. He thought for sure that Sonic would have come back home since he looked like he had calmed down, so ... where did he go?

"Shadow,"

Said hedgehog turns his attention to the stalker and sees the other just staring at him. There's controlled anger and hatred dancing in those cursed red eyes but it looks like he can snap at any moment. Shadow can't help but clench his fists.

"-where is he?" Exe asks, his fingers twitching. This wasn't supposed to happen. His Love was supposed to be here on his birthday and Exe was going to take him to their new home to give him quite a few gifts, one being the best night of their lives, and then sex; but this? The fact that his Love is not here is going to create a problem for him and if he has a problem then someone else is going to have an even worse problem.

The ebony hedgehog keeps himself calm. He needs to be focused, to not give this bastard any signs that he hadn't been able to hold his end of the bargain. Sure, he may have healed Sonic from Iblis' attack but the asshole doesn't know anything about Sonic being drugged or injured in the first place and he intends to keep it that way. "I don't know."

"Wrong answer." In an instant does Exe dig his fingertips into Shadow's cheek and he grips onto it tightly. The flesh is just beginning to pull away, forcing a loud hiss from the other. He's refraining himself from tearing the cheek right off this handsome face.

"Shadow!" Chuck calls out as he looks at the scene in front of him in horror.

"You were supposed to keep an eye on him!" He digs his fingertips in a little deeper, feeling the cheek and jaw bones. "So where is he?"

Blood is just dripping from the hedgehog onto the floor. Shadow grits his teeth as he feels more pressure from the fingers, but he just keeps his focus on the psychopath. "I dun't kno." His words are coming out slurred due to his jaw being restricted.

The moment Shadow opens his mouth does he taste blood from the wounds. "He wen'd on'a run yesh'erday 'nd ne'r came b'ack."

Shadow cannot tell anyone about what happened last night. That is a death sentence to everyone around and Chaos knows what he would do to Sonic afterwards.

Exe looks deep into those scarlet eyes, determined to find something, anything that tells him Shadow is lying but he can't find anything. All he sees is annoyance in those damn stoic eyes and it kinda ticks him off that he can't read any pain in those scarlet orbs. He then pulls the face closer to him, desperately needing to find something. "Open your mouth."

Black ears slightly lower at the strange request as Shadow just glares at the creep. He clamps his mouth shut and lets out a growl from the back of his throat. There's no way that the bastard is going to kiss him like he and Sonic kissed last night, but the look in the asshole's eyes make him feel uneasy, plus the fact that stalker is almost ripping his face off doesn't help either.

"I said," he pulls harder on the cheek and a few thin streams of blood start running down the peach muzzle. "-open your mouth."

A few more seconds pass before Shadow reluctantly opens his mouth, courtesy of the claws starting to scratch his bones. He glares at the stalker and lets out another low growl when the other leans in close, putting his nose inside the mouth and takes a deep sniff.

Instantly does Exe pull back and he uses his free hand to cover his nose, all the while grimacing at the stench he inhaled. "What the hell did you eat?"

Shadow can feel the hand lighten its hold on his face a little as he's both confused as to why the bastard did that and disgusted. "Ca'ffee peans."

"Ew, gross." A light shudder goes through Exe and he almost wants to gag from hearing that before he shakes his head and looks back into those scarlet eyes. "Alright, I'll ask you straight then: were you with Sonic at all after he went on his run?"

Scarlet red eyes just bore into those disgusting bloody ones as Shadow firmly gives him his answer. "No."

After a few more seconds does Exe close his eyes and take a deep breath before he releases the cheek, watching Shadow stumble back a little. "Wipe your cheek, you're bleeding."

Bernadette rips the end of her dress and taps the agent's shoulder, handing him the cloth to try and clean himself up some. She knows it won't do much but it's better than nothing. "Are you alright?"

"Thanks," Shadow takes the purple cloth and presses it on the wound. He's more than capable of healing himself but he's on edge with the stalker right now. Something tells him that the maniac wouldn't be too happy right now if he healed himself and he'd rather not chance it. "-but don't worry about me."

A twisted smile goes on Exe's face as he watches the mother hedgehog. "Aw, now I see where he gets his compassion from. It looks good on you, woman," he chuckles a little, "-but Sonic wears it better."

Bernadette doesn't say anything as she shoots the bastard a glare. She wants to grab her gun and give this fucktard a piece of her mind, but she knows she'll end up dead if she does.

Shadow just glares at the bastard. His cheek hurts like hell. "Do you intend to stay until he comes back?"

"Do you even need to ask? It's his birthday today and I want to celebrate it with him." A smug smile goes on his face as he crosses his arms over his chest and shifts his weight to the side. "Privately."

Low growls can be heard coming from both Jules and Chuck but that only makes the smile widen on Exe's face. "Don't worry, when he and I are done celebrating then I might let him come back to spend some time with his family." He then turns to look at the ebony hedgehog. "But not you Shadow, you can't even keep your eyes on him, so you don't get the pleasure of even seeing him until the big day."

Shadow raises an eyebrow. 'Big day? What is he talking about?' He goes to ask the question but in interrupted when there's a sudden knock on the door.

"Please," Exe turns for the door, cracking his bloody hand and his smile only growing wider, "-allow me~"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Crystal Cavern – 8:07 a.m.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Green eyes widen as Sonic looks into the darkness, only able to see the glow of those eerie green and red eyes. The dim light from the crystal he's restrained to is barely bouncing off the crystals on the deity's body, giving him an even more unsettling look. " 'I happened to you?'... what does that even mean?"

Mephiles slowly turns his head to the hedgehog's direction and stands up from his seat, slowly gliding himself towards the mortal. "I was perfectly fine being here, by myself,"

Sonic clenches his teeth and his ears lower as he hears the tone in the other's voice. It's completely cold and just unsettling to listen to. 'Seriously, what happened to him? What do I have to do with why he's this way?'

A crystal shatters in the dark as Mephiles passes by it, startling the blue hero before those green orbs are completely focused on him again. Those eyes... those damn eyes that haunt him. "-I was content to being alone but then those mortals sent the bat," another crystal shatters, "-Shadow,"

Blue ears flicker when a few more crystals shatter in the distance before those glowing red and green eyes are right in front of him and he can feel the other press his forehead against his own.

"-and you." Mephiles hisses out as he suddenly slams both hands on either side of the hedgehog's head, startling him even more before he braces himself. He hears the breathing quicken ever so slightly before it returns to normal, but he only sees confusion in those eyes. Maybe the slightest amount of anger but there is mostly confusion.

A low growl comes from Mephiles when he feels it, that damn warmth. That's the thing that started all of this! "You and that damn warmth of yours!"

Sonic is at a complete lost. 'Warmth? What warmth?' Green eyes look in the deity's, trying to find any kind of clue but he doesn't get an answer. "What are you talking about?"

Mephiles studies those eyes for a few moments more, taking in every detail of them before he stands up straight and turns his back towards the other. He had gotten upset just now, something that he doesn't usually do. He's probably been upset a total of four times in existence but for his pet, no, this mortal to make him upset...

He doesn't know what Sonic is to him anymore.

"Mephiles!" Sonic needs an answer. He needs to know why on Mobius Mephiles is doing this. Why he kidnapped him and has him bound. Why he started electrocuting him all of the sudden when they were on mutual terms? He's not sure what kind of relationship they have or had ... He doesn't know what's going on anymore.

Sonic leans forward, only to feel the restraints on his wrists tighten some more, causing him to wince a little. "If you're not gonna answer me then let me go! I need to get back before that stalker comes! I won't let him kill anyone else!"

A crystal ear folds down at those words before the deity turns to look over his shoulder. The dim teal light illuminates the snarl on the blue and peach face, but Mephiles feels nothing from seeing it. There is no mocking or taunting like before nor is there any jesting as he makes his way back.

Sonic sees a hand reach for his face through the darkness and he lets out a growl. If Mephiles is going to be a jerk like he was when he was first brought here, then Sonic is going to be defensive and fight back. That stupid tail-ring isn't on him anymore, so he'll be able to attack with no worries... once he gets himself free from his confines first.

The crystal hand stops right before the claws touch the peach muzzle. He can still feel it, that damn warmth and despite him not wanting to, he yearns to feel more of it. 'Why do I not deny myself of it? I had no need of this warmth before, so... why?'

"You are so quick to help those in need, to help the inhabitants of this planet despite putting yourself in harm's way." Mephiles speaks in a monotone voice as he only lets the crystal claws touch the muzzle. He doesn't want to let himself give in to this hedgehog's warmth.

Sonic leans away from the touch as he glares at the deity. "It's what I do. I don't actively look for it but if I come across trouble then I'll be there to help."

"You'll die a young age," The hand is itching to touch the younger once more, but Mephiles holds himself back from doing so. "-but you've already experienced that before."

Green eyes narrow at the deity as another low growl leaves his mouth. "You're the one who killed me."

"Only because you had stuck your nose in my business. I would have found another way to free Iblis from within that princess, but you had to interfere, to be a part of that."

"You were threatening the entire planet! I couldn't just idly stand on the sidelines and let you do as you pleased!" Sonic yells, his voice echoing in the cavern. "If I have to sacrifice myself to save the world, then I'll do it again, and again, and again!"

Silence falls in the cavern for a moment as red and green eyes read the light green ones, seeing the fierce determination in them. "And if you should finally die and not be resurrected because of your sacrifice?"

"Then I die." Sonic says with conviction. "If I have to sacrifice myself to make sure that the world is safe and I die in the process, then that's all that matters."

Mephiles can feel his hand tremble. Before he can even think he find himself caressing the peach cheek, feeling the warmth he desperately craves, and the action causes the hero to take a sharp breath. "You, a hero, will sacrifice yourself to keep the world safe..."

A small draft goes into the cavern, causing Sonic to shiver a little as he looks deep into those eerie eyes. He's gotten used to the toxic green ones in the other form but never the red surrounding the green. However, something's changed in them just now; they're still cold but there's something else in them, he just doesn't know what it is.

"But I will remain a villain." Mephiles moves his hand from the cheek and places both hands on either side of the head once more, needing to make sure that Sonic won't be able to look away from him. "I will sacrifice the world to keep you safe, Sonic."

Sonic can feel his breath get caught in his throat as his eyes widen. He knows that Mephiles is a villain, that he's done horrible things, but people change. Shadow did and so did Zero, so why wouldn't he be able to? Why would he want to say he's a villain? 'No, he'd just said he'd let the world die for my sake but... why?'

"I..." Sonic gulps as he just stares into those eyes, seeing more of whatever that other emotion in them coming out more. "I don't understand... Mephiles, you said you'd help me with my stalker... so then why...? Why are you risking this planet...? I know you said you're a villain but that can't be the reason..."

Mephiles just stares into the confused eyes as he recalls last night's memory. "I saw you kiss Shadow last night..."

'He saw?!' Green eyes go wide for a moment before Sonic thinks about something. "Wait, but you were gonna talk to him about the stalker. Why would me kissing Shadow change that?"

More silence fills the cavern as Mephiles closes his eyes. He has asked himself this same question a few times since he's brought Sonic back here to hurt him, but his heart wasn't in the torture. Hearing the screams did nothing to satisfy him or help give him an answer. There was only one thing that kept popping into his mind and he would quickly push it away, refusing to hear those words.

"Mephiles," Sonic tries again, needing to know why the deity will let everyone die just to keep him safe. "-why would you sacrifice the world, let that stalker kill everyone just to make sure that I'm safe?"

"Because your father is right..." A crystal hand moves to gently cup the peach cheek."

"D-dad...?" When did Mephiles get a chance to talk with his dad? And why is he just now finding out about this? Sonic closes his eyes, needing to focus on the words being spoken now. He can ask those questions later. "About what...?"

"I've come to realize," A crystal thumb softly rubs the cheek as Mephiles leans in a little closer. "-that in my own sick and twisted way," he leans his forehead against the younger's, feeling more of the warmth softly caressing him. He can hear Sonic's breath slightly hitch as his own breath washes over the peach mouth. "-I am in love with you, Sonic."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

T.B.C.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hiya Luvs~ Two things:

First: Sorry, this is short but I'm making this a 2-parter because this would have been a very, very long chapter otherwise. Like, last chapter plus a few more thousand more words type thing.

Secondly: We have our first actual confession, and it only took the risk of everyone's lives, so that's always fun. JK

Anywho, I'll work on the next part as soon as I can but after the next chapter, I'm gonna take a short break. Give myself some time to rest properly so I can come back rejuvenated and with a vengeance.

Until next time,

Take good care of yourselves Luvs~

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

176 6 3
Now Adults, Sonic and friends are simply trying to manage the new responsibilities of adulthood. With Dr Eggman's schemes becoming less frequent, Son...
33.6K 690 22
Sonic and his friends encounter a new danger, one unlike any other, one that they have never encountered before, yet our blue hedgehog knows what it...
7.7K 220 14
[Possibly Discontinued.] Project Shadow - a mystery for many decades. That is, until, a certain Ivo Robotnik rediscovers and releases this 'Shadow'...