Love Will Thaw

By OneArtsyGamer03

OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of Love Will Thaw <3 ... Elson has been isolated and alone hi... More

Frozen Heart
An Accident
Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?
For the First Time In Forever
Love is an Open Door
Coronation Disaster
Let it Go!
Kristoff and Sven
In Summer!
The Storm Inside of Me
Marshmallow
Fixer Upper
Battle at the Ice Palace
Betrayal
Sacrifice
Love Will Thaw
Frozen Fever
Frozen Fever Anniversary!
Olaf's Frozen Adventure

Epilogue

3.1K 120 10
By OneArtsyGamer03

Three years after first book...

Third Person P.O.V

Elson nervously bit at his fingernails, (Y/N) sound asleep next to him. He continuously looked over at her before relaxing, only for his nerves to take over again. He quietly opened the nightstand drawer besides him, grabbing the small object from inside.

The ring shimmered in the moonlight, the beautiful gem sparkling. The four designs on the ring stood out, each symbolizing a different element. He sighs in relief, thinking he had lost it for some odd reason.

Queen Iduna had given this ring to him, long ago, when he was just a boy. She had told him her grandmother gave it to her long ago, and told him to keep it safe, and to give it to the one he loved. Elson didn't quite know what she meant then, but he did now.

His eyes narrowed when he thought he heard... Something, making him stare at the window in confusion as he grips the ring tightly.

(Y/N) stirred lightly and shivered in her sleep, making Elson gasp when he notices him being anxious had made it start to lightly snow in the bedroom.

"Oh..." He whispers, stuffing the ring in the drawer and quickly and frantically waving his arms in a cartoonish manner to get rid of the flakes.

(Y/N) peeks her eyes open and watches in amusement for a second before yawning, gaining Elson's attention.

"What's wrong, Elson?"

"What?!" Elson questions, a little too quickly. "Nothing! I'm fine! Everything's fine! Fine, fine, fine!"

(Y/N) raises a brow, her face showing she didn't believe him.

"Elson," she drags, making him nervously clear his throat and lie back down stiffly. "Come on," (Y/N) softly continues, "tell me. What's wrong?"

"Um..." Elson pauses when he hears it again, "... Did you hear that?"

"What?" (Y/N) watches as Elson leaps out of bed, rushing to the window. "Hear what? Elson-- don't change the subject--"

"Hush, my love," Elson softly whispers, making her pause and watch him in confusion as he watches outside.

Only to hear nothing.

I must be tired, Elson thinks to himself, shaking his head before yawning.

"Elson? Is everything okay?"

He quickly turns at her concerned, and a little frightened voice, quickly shaking his head with a nonchalant grin as he smooths his hair back, his bang falling into place.

"Of course! Sorry, I guess I'm just tired."

"Staying up all night every night will do that to you," (Y/N) points out, making him let out a 'pssh', waving his hand as he approaches the bed.

"I'm fine!" Elson grins, watching as she stares at him with a raised brow. He chuckles before jumping on the bed, swiftly pulling her down into his arms and squeezing her tightly as she laughs in retaliation.

"Elson!" (Y/N) laughs as he pecks all over her face, setting a longer one on her lips before placing one more on her forehead, hugging her close with a yawn. "What's got you so affectionate?"

"Can't I adore my love?" He playfully asks as she snuggles into his side as he lays on his back.

"You can," (Y/N) replies with a light blush, softly smiling.

"Good," Elson whispers in a light tone, sleep overtaking him.

She chuckles quietly, hearing his light snores. "I love you, Elson." She whispers, snuggling into his chest as his arm curls around her tightly.

"Love you... Too..." He manages out, and both fall asleep.

...

The next day...

"Hmm..." Elson nervously taps his chin as he paces around in the library, thinking of a way to propose. "Do I just... Say it? Marry me! No, no. Too forward, too forceful. Hey, (Y/N), how about marrying me? ... No. Too... Bleh." He sighs and opens the (F/C) box with a snowflake design on top, staring at the ring with another sigh.

Elson gasps and ducks behind a shelf of books when he hears the doors being opened, and someone enter.

"I dunno, Sven," Kristoff mumbles, making Elson peek out with relief. "How do I do it?"

"Well, you could take her to a romantic dinner!" Sven replies, making Elson shake his head with a smile and narrowed brows.

"I'm bad at this stuff. I mean... Proposing to the princess. How am I supposed to do that?"

Elson felt his jaw drop, and the box slips from his hand before clattering loudly on the floor.

Kristoff gasps, and both men stare at each other with wide eyes.

"... Ohh, my gosh. How much did you hear?" Kristoff frantically questions, nervously watching Elson as he picks up the ring box. "I was going to come to you! I swear! I was just about to go and ask for your blessing after I figured out how to propose--"

"Kristoff," Elson interrupts his rambling with a laugh, making Kristoff inhale sharply and stop. "It's okay. Actually... Maybe we can help each other."

"What? Wait... Are you..?" Kristoff trails off, looking at the box. "No way! Ha-ho! This is great!"

Sven snorts in excitement, leaping around and wagging his tail.

"But... I have no idea how," Elson admits, and Kristoff nods.

"I... Know what you mean." Kristoff rubs his neck, "I guess we're both in the same sleigh."

Elson sighs a chuckle, nodding in agreement.

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"Where did he get off to?" I mumble to myself, searching the castle for Elson. "Not in the kitchen, room, or study... The library!"

I nod to myself before rushing down the hall, eager to share the news with Elson. I squeal lightly and skid to a stop, nearly tackling Anna in the process as she yelps along with me.

"(Y/N)!" She laughs, sighing and placing a hand on her heart. "What's got you in a hurry?"

"Oh! I think I found a way for Elson to permafrost Olaf, so that way--"

"He won't have to have his cloud following him," Anna finishes with a gasp of excitement, "how did you...?"

"See here?" I show her the winter book I found in Oakens book store, "here it says if done just right, you can allow the cold air to continuously pass through the snow, keeping it from melting!"

"Ooh!" Anna squeals, but I could tell she spaced out a little.

"What are you doing today?" I smile as we walk together.

"Well, I've been looking for Kristoff. He said he wanted to talk to me, and then ran off with Sven," Anna admits, making me furrow my brows with a shrug.

"That's weird... Well... I'll keep an eye out for him!"

"And I'll look for Elson," she smiles, and we both nod and go separate ways.

...

I slow my pace as I near the library, pausing as I hear Kristoff.

"-- I mean, it's a big step, proposing to the love of your life."

Wait... proposing?!

"It is," Elson agrees, "and it has to be just right. So that's why--"

I yelp, leaning too far on the door and tumbling into the room, catching myself as the men jump.

...

Third Person P.O.V

Sven groans and jumps in alarm at her presence, looking at Elson's ring.

"... Oh, my gosh. How much of that did you hear?" Kristoff asks, anxiously looking towards Elson.

Elson quickly and stiffly rises, blushing and clearing his throat as she playfully glares between the two.

"Long enough to know of a certain proposal!" (Y/N) replies, making Elson groan.

"I'm sorry, I wanted it to be--"

"I can't believe you didn't come to me, Kris! I could help you!" 

Both men pause, looking at each other with wide eyes as Elson swiftly hides the box behind him.

"O--Oh, I'm sorry, (Y/N)," Kristoff nervously plays along, mentally sighing in relief that he didn't ruin the King's proposal.

Sven sighs a snort, slumping on the floor in relief.

"If it's any consolation," Elson chuckles as she approaches, "he only just told me."

"Annnd I was just about to ask for his blessing. Which I am doing right now. And asking for yours too, (Y/N). Since you and Anna are so close!" Kristoff says frantically, making Elson mentally face palm as (Y/N) raises a brow.

"... You have got to relax, Kris. Otherwise... This proposal is gonna be hard," she smiles, making him exhale and nod. "All right, so here's some things you could do..."

Elson and Kristoff both sigh in relief as she begins to ramble, Elson nodding and silently thanking the man as he sits next to (Y/N), smiling at her concentrated face.

...

"... I don't think I can do this," Kristoff moans to himself, stiffly standing straight in a new suit.

"Yes, you can. You love Anna, right?" Elson watches in amusement as (Y/N) fixes Kristoff's tie.

"Yes," Kristoff nods firmly.

"You want to marry her, don't you?"

"Yes."

"Then you have got to propose, first! She's going to say yes, I mean, she did to the first guy who... Never mind that," (Y/N) waves her hand in a dismissing manner as Kristoff looks anxiously around.

"There she is," he breathes out, spotting Anna looking around the garden.

"Okay... Go!" (Y/N) lightly pushes him, making him gulp and dig his feet in the ground as she shoves him, more firm this time.

"Kristoff?" Anna calls as (Y/N) swiftly ducks from view, grabbing Elson and ducking him next to her behind the shrubs as he muffles a laugh.

"Anna... Um..." Kristoff looks back in the direction of (Y/N), making her peek out and motion to focus and breathe. He nods and turns back, Anna raising a brow as she sees nothing behind him. "You are... Um... Pretty." He blurts.

"... Thank... You?" She smiles sweetly, "you're very handsome."

He smiles a love-sick grin before clearing his throat, "we've been through a lot, and..."

...

"He's... Rambling," (Y/N) whispers to Elson with a sigh. "Once he gets started, it goes downhill."

Elson chuckles, picking up a pebble and tossing it towards the two. Anna gasps and looks after it, Kristoff looking back in confusion and gasping as both motion for him to wrap it up, and stop rambling.

...

"Um! Anna!" Kristoff yells, making her jump and laugh.

"Kristoff!" She yells back, making him chuckle before shaking his head.

"I love you," he clears his throat once more as she smiles.

"I do, too," Anna pecks his cheek, making him lose his train of thought as he blushes.

...

Elson gasps as a voice echoes, startling (Y/N).

"Elson?" She quietly questions as he frantically looks around.

"Did you hear that?" He demands, making her quickly shush him as Anna looks in their direction.

"What was that?" Her voice rings out, making Kristoff stammer.

"You didn't hear it?" Elson stands up fully, scaring Anna since she was approaching the bush.

"Elson?" She laughs, placing a hand on her heart as it beats quickly.

"U-Uh..." (Y/N) stammers, "we... Were looking for this flower! Yes! It'll... Help with the permafrost process!" She grabs a white rose, wincing as the thorn pokes her lightly before she grins.

Kristoff groans, face palming as Elson looks around towards the sky.

"Come on, Elson!" (Y/N) grabs his hand, bringing him back.

"What? Oh... Oh, right," Elson looks between Anna and Kristoff, "so sorry for the intrusion."

"Sorry, guys," (Y/N) also apologizes, mostly focused at Kristoff.

He smiles and shrugs, waving as (Y/N) drags Elson away.

"What was that about?" Anna mumbles, making Kristoff look at her with a grin.

"It's nothing. How about we walk around the garden? We're already out here," he suggests, making her smile as she takes his hand.

"I'd love to."

...

"What was that?" (Y/N) questions as Elson looks around, pulling her along with him to their bedroom. "Elson?"

"Um," he clears his throat, looking at her for a moment. "It's... nothing, my dear. I thought I heard someone."

"And that startled you enough to jump up like that?" (Y/N) frowns, grabbing his hand and sighing. "Maybe you need rest. I don't think I heard anything in the gardens, but I was focusing on Kristoff. But sleep wouldn't hurt you."

"No, no, wait," Elson stammers, bringing her to the balcony and gripping his pocket tightly. "Um... I've wanted to do this, and I think I just have to."

(Y/N) processes his words, feeling hopeful that he was about to do what she thinks he was going to do.

"(Y/N)--"

Ah-ah-ah-ah...

He gasps, swiftly pulling her into a hug as the voice rings loud and clear now, almost just outside.

"Elson?" Her muffled voice questions as he looks around with narrowed eyes.

"I... umm... will you--"

Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah...

"Do you hear that?" Elson suddenly asks as he looks around, biting his cheek in annoyance and tucking the box back safely in his pocket.

"I only hear you, love," (Y/N) replies, nervously looking up at him in fear. "Is... something wrong?"

"No! No," Elson clears his throat, "... It's chilly out here."

"It did get a tad colder," she agrees, looking towards the setting sun. "Elson... You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"I know, my dear. I know," he smiles, caressing her cheek. "If something were wrong... I would tell you in a second."

(Y/N) nods, sighing in relief and placing her hand over his before gasping.

"Oh! I have to tell you about a way to permafrost Olaf! Come on! I left the book in the library!"

Elson smiles as (Y/N) races to the door, his smile fading to a frown as he glances outside the balcony doors.

Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah...

"Elson?"

He shakes his head, smiling and following after (Y/N) as she excitedly talks, trying to ignore the voice as it follows, and he hopes it will go away.

How wrong he was.

...

...

And that's the republishing of Love Will Thaw <3

I can't believe how many spelling errors there are in these stories-- but I suppose it was inevitable writing on my small phone with autocorrect turned off. Not to mention I'm a bit dyslexic LMAO-- I seemed to have a great struggle with the word "Excitement", spelling it as "Ecxitement" several times LOL--

I'm so happy more and more of you are finding me again. It makes me so relieved and happy to know that you all are slowly but surely returning home ;u: <3

Thank you all so much for reading and for your patience while I work on getting these up <3

Until the next republishing, my lovelies!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 76 37
After 13 years Lisa is reunited with her family, but this isn't just any family, it's the royal family of the kingdom of Arendelle. Now she must lea...
3.5K 178 13
Elsa fight to control her powers. Her own sister falling victim to it and barely saved by troll magic. How could she live when nothing she does helps...
380 0 29
When a mysterious visitor arrives in Arendelle, only trouble seems to follow. The sacred royal orb and scepter of Arendelle goes missing and it's up...
8.3K 317 12
Male! Anna [2013] Book 17 " Y/n...LOVES me? " Three years after her parent's death, Princess Elsa and is officially crowned Queen of Arendelle. And o...