Dangerous Life Ahead

By Writer_Hiya

~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ • Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industri... More

• D I S C L A I M E R •
1 : || Her Unusual Behaviour ||
2 : || The Atrocious Night ||
3 : || Will She Understand ? ||
4 : || Departure For Hastinapur ||
5. || Problems And Complications ||
6 : || Arrival In Hastinapur ||
7: || Miseries Of Life ||
8 : || Sudden Panic Attack ||
9 : || Post Wedding Rituals ||
10 : || Pehli Rasoi ||
11 : || Was it a Revenge? ||
12 : || Her Abnormal Behaviour ||
13 : || Misunderstanding and Rituals ||
14 : || Her Unusual Panick ||
15 : || Imprisonment After Dispute ||
16 : || Misunderstandings And Manipulation ||
18 : || Bhanumati's Baby Shower ||
19 : || The Harsh Realities||
• F L O O R D E C O R •
20 : || Efforts To Mend ||
21 : || Panchali Gets Shifted ||
22 : || A Budding Mystery ||
23 : || Shakuni Is Banished ||
24 : || Bhanumati's Sudden Delivery ||
25 : || Her PTSD Syndrome ||
26 : || The Next Generation ||
27 : || The Naming Ceremony ||
28 : || Guests For Navratri||
29 : || Fragments of Entangled Relationships ||
30 : || Lesson For Love ||
31 : || Panchali Meets Subhadra ||
32 : || Her Unusual Approach ||
33 : || Understanding And Knowing ||
34 : || Hunt For Past ||
35 : || Trying To Manipulate ||
36 : || Their Slow Realization ||
37 : || Realization Of Love||
38 : || Will They Remarry?||
39 : || Their Firm Resolution ||
40 : || Sense Of Divinity||
41 : || Chasing Her Bygone||
42 : || Her Slow Acceptance ||
43 : || Yuvrani, A Mystery||
44 : || Some Different Perspectives ||
45 : || Dusshala's Unusual Demeanor ||
46 : || Their Surprise Plans ||
47 : || The Devil's Plan ||
48 : || Lavender Haze ||
49 : || Turn Of Events ||
50 : || Terror Of Night ||
51 : || Essence Of Lives ||
52 : || Healing Her ||
53 : || To Comprehend Them ||
54 : || Accepting Them Earnestly ||
55 : || Her Changing Personality ||
56 : || Her Genuine Assertion ||
57 : || Storms And Life ||
58 : || The Sudden Combat ||
59 : || Her Punctual Nature ||

17 : || Who's More Beautiful? ||

623 57 102
By Writer_Hiya

The palace of Hastinapur was busy hustling and bustling due to the arrangements for Bhanumati's Baby Shower Ceremony, which was scheduled for the next day.

Currently the Royals of Hastinapur stood at the entrance gate to welcome the Royals of Kalinga.

Bhanumati was too adamant to welcome her family by herself. She was getting impatient with passing times.

Her pregnancy hormones could be blamed.

Soon they could see the distant figures of Kalinga Royals and within few moments, they were standing at the doorstep of Hastinapur.

"Matashree, Pitashree." Bhanumati called out her parents and hugged them tightly. The mother daughter cried out of joy and the father patted his daughter's head lovingly while others were in awe watching the reunion of parents and their daughter.

"Now no one remember this old woman." A voice made them broke the hug as Bhanumati peeked to spot her grandmother standing.

"Pitamahi !" Bhanumati exclaimed with a broad grin and went to touch the older woman's foot for blessing but she was forbidden to do so.

"Arey, how can you bend in this condition?" Saying so, the old woman hugged her granddaughter.

"How are you, Pitamahi ?" Bhanumati asked as few drops of tear fell from her eyes.

"Don't let these tears flow, my dear. Those are too precious. And about me... You can see, I am perfectly fit and fine to do this long journey from Kalinga to Hastinapur." The woman finished her reply with a hint of humor that spread laughter among the Royals.

Dhritarashtr and Gandhari welcomed their guest warmly before Duryodhan went to take their blessing.

"Are you taking good care of my grand-daughter, young man ?" Kalinga Rajmata, grandmother of Bhanumati asked Duryodhan in a stern voice, making the latter nervous.

Gandhari Nandan glanced at his wife for help at which Bhanumati giggled and replied on behalf of her husband, "Your Grandson-in-law is taking the best care of me, Pitamahi."

The Kalinga Royals were invited to the palace and were alloted to the guest Bhavan.

Soon it was lunch time and everyone was assembled in the dining hall.

"I hope you haven't faced any problems while coming here." Bhism spoke formally to the Kalinga Royals.

"No no Mahamahim. We faced no problem while coming here." Kalinga Maharaj replied.

"By the way, here is everyone present but I can't see Panchal Princess. Bhanumati, where is she ? Won't she have lunch?" Kalinga Maharani asked to Bhanumati while the question made the Pandavas stiff as they were seated near them but on the opposite side.

"I don't know, Matashree. She rarely comes out of her chamber. You won't believe that even I have seen her only three to four times after her arrival in Hastinapur i.e almost 3 weeks ago. And about lunch, she prefers to have it in her own chamber. I have asked her once but she sternly replied that she doesn't want to share dining table with us." Bhanumati replied gloomily.

Kalinga Rajmata interrupted the conversation, "Panchal Princess ?"

"Yes Pitamahi. Panchal Princess Draupadi...umm she prefers to be called as Panchali, the one who is famous for her cold behaviour all over the Aryavart... Pitamahi, she was even invited in my wedding where for the first time I saw her and couldn't control my urge to befriend her." Bhanumati paused to speak further. She suddenly got interest to speak more about her friend.

The Pandavas glanced at each other. Now who knows better than them about her coldness and heartless behaviour.

"You know, Pitamahi, Panchali is famous for her heartless behaviour but with me she never talked even in a loud voice. But still I haven't seen her smile anytime." Bhanumati chirped at first but she finished the sentence gloomily making the old woman frown listening about the weird behaviour of that Panchal Princess.

"Of course, after all her rudeness is reserved only for us." Nakul muttered caressing his own neck and rolling his eyes, getting a look from his brothers.

"What? I am telling the truth only. " Madreya said tearing his gaze from his brothers.

"Nakul, I would suggest you to stop speaking these types of truths. It will only lead you to problems." Bheem suggested, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Just like four days ago you were almost going to die." Arjun reminded Nakul joking and snickering at his own statement.

Nakul gave a tight lipped smile to Arjun and said, "I haven't died, right? My death is not so easy, for I am the best swordsman and moreover if I die then it's the world's loss as it will lose it's beauty."

Arjun, Bheem and Sahdev cringed hearing Nakul while Yudhishthir had an amused yet calm smile on his face.

"Pitamahi, if you will look at Panchali, you can never tear your gaze from her. She is such a beauty that even Apsaras from Swarglok will have to hide. After her arrival, the ones who were known as the most beautiful in Aryavart have to lose because my friend is herself the meaning of what we say the most gorgeous, beautiful and what not. She has such an enchanting ocean blue orbs that you will not want to look at anything else. The intoxicating blue lotus fragrance that spread from a mile away from her gives such a serene calmness." Bhanumati paused to find more words but failed. Till now everyone paused their own gossip and heard how Duryodhan Sangini described Pandava Patni.

"Actually I can't describe more about her, because her description cannot be formed in words. Overall I would say that she has an extraordinary beauty." Bhanumati sighed with a smile on her face.

There was a momentary silence as the Royals of Hastinapur felt proud.

The food arrived and the maids started serving.

"Nakuuul ? Now, why are you quite? Won't you boast your handsomeness now ?" Arjun asked trying not to burst out laughing, watching the pout on Nakul's lips.

Sahdev patted Nakul's back in fake assurance, "Don't worry dear brother, your four brothers are there for you. We won't spill your most handsome secret to anyone. Promise !"

Nakul still had a pout on his lips. After all he was harshly pulled down from the world's beauty position.

"Tch tch tch... I told you Nakul, don't keep your expectations too high. Okay now let it be as it is. Now don't be sad." Bheem faked pity on Nakul as he just want to burst out laughing.

Nakul frowned looking at Bheem and then his face turned into a cry baby. But no tears came out.

"No one loves me." Nakul spoke wiping his fake tears as Arjun, Bheem and Sahdev burst into silent laughter while Yudhishthir smiled shaking his head at his younger brothers' childishness.

Now they can't laugh loudly in front of so many people, can they?

Nakul looked at his brothers being horrified. They were enjoying his misery ?

"Jyest" Nakul whined grabbing Yudhishthir's attention.

"They are making fun of your most handsome brother, Jyest." Nakul complained.

" Most Handsome ?" Bheem, Arjun and Sahdev exclaimed in unison teasing him and slipped into laughter.

Nakul looked at Yudhishthir with a cry face, who was himself trying to stop his laughter that wants nothing but to burst out.

Yudhishthir cleared his throat to speak, STERNLY, "Bheem, Arjun, Sahdev, stop teasing my..." He paused when the three stopped their laughter, to again speak sarcastically "my most handsome brother."

Yudhishthir's teasing was clear in the air when the three again burst out in laughter. This time the eldest Pandava also couldn't stop laughing as his body shook with humour.

"Jyest..." Nakul whined in disbelief. His Jyest also sided with his cruel brothers who were clearly enjoying his miseries.

Soon they completed their lunch and went to their chamber to take rest.

But Nakul was still sad and he kept on looking at his face in front of the mirror in their chamber.

"It's been a prahar, (3 hours) Nakul you are sitting in front of the mirror. Come on, now accept it that you are no longer the world's beauty." Arjun teased with his eyes closed as he layed on the bed with Bheem, who snickered listening to what the former said.

"Stop it na, Bhrata Arjun. Please." Nakul whined as if he would cry anytime soon.

"Nakul, what kind of a childishness is this ?" Sahdev asked being dumbfounded. He was doing some work with Yudhishthir but his twin's actions were distracting him.

But Nakul wasn't fazed by the words of his brothers as he kept on looking at the mirror.

He was no longer considered as the most handsome in the whole Aryavart? Madri Nandan wondered.

Yudhishthir finally looked up from the scrolls. He had a calm smile on his face.

He knew Nakul was not faking it about his sadness because his younger brother was too conscious about his looks and health.

The eldest Pandava walked up to Nakul and placing his hands on the latter's shoulder making him startle.

"Jyest" Nakul immediately stood up in respect for his eldest brother.

Yudhishthir caressed Nakul's face lovingly with a calm smile while Arjun and Bheem got up and shared a glance with Sahdev.

"Who is the most beautiful in the world currently ?" Yudhishthir asked sternly to Nakul who seemed to be taken aback by the sudden question.

He looked down. The sadness was clear in his expression.

"I asked you something, Nakul. And am waiting for a reply. Look at me and say." Yudhishthir reminded as Nakul looked up to match his gaze.

"After her arrival, she is considered as the most beautiful." Nakul said in a soft voice and then looked down again.

"Hmm... You know right, God has created two genders. Man and Woman. So, my dear, you are considered as the most handsome man in Aryavart whereas She is considered as the most gorgeous woman in the whole Aryavart." Yudhishthir's words finally ranged a bell in Nakul's mind as he grinned happily.

"Do you have any more doubt, my handsome brother ?" Sahdev asked, smiling that reached till his ears.

Nakul shook his head showing his teeth as he smiled and then again turned to look at himself on the mirror.

After all his Jyest said that he was still the most handsome man walking on the Earth.

A voice made them turn to the door, "I can't believe, Bhrata Nakul. You were jealous of Bhabi?"

Dusshala had a disbelief look on her face but soon she bursted looking at his brothers' flustered faces.

Whenever Dusshala called her Bhabi, they felt so nice that they couldn't come with words. Their heart fluttered weirdly.

What was the feeling called ? They often wondered but had no answer.

She always behaved rudely with them and they felt worst for being treated by that. Still whenever someone talks about her, unknowingly their heart beats loudly.

Just like how their sister spoke about her to them.

It's maybe because Dusshala's referring to her as Bhabi had made them connected to her.

"Where are you all lost, Bhratashree? In my Bhabi's thoughts ?" Gandhari Suta further teased making them look at anywhere else but her.

This made Dusshala to again laugh out loud until Yudhishthir asked, "Do you need anything, Dusshala?"

The young lady frowned at the question, "Can I come to my brothers' chamber only if I need anything? Otherwise not?"

They sighed when Arjun spoke, "You know it's nothing like that, my sister."

Dusshala shrugged and said, "Actually Kunti maa sent me to inform you guys that the baby shower ceremony will take place in the second prahar (9:00 AM -12:00 PM) of tomorrow. And before that there will be a Puja, so please get ready and be there on time. Whatever it is, but Bhrata Nakul, I mean seriously...You were getting jealous of your own wife? Own Wife??" Saying so, she exited their chamber laughing at her own statement.

Dusshala's teasing was crystal clear in the air but something opposite happened to them hearing what she said.

Wife!

She was their wife but just for namesake.

Their mind drifted towards their wedding night when Panchali clearly mentioned them that they won't share any marital relation between them.

She was their wife and they were her husbands but for the world.

And about the six of them, THEY were just a stranger to her but was SHE a stranger to them?

Didn't she mean anything to them? Or didn't they mean anything to her?

The answer to the latter question was a clear No but what about the first question? Maybe yes.

Nevertheless they left their thoughts inside their own minds and engaged themselves in their own work.

«««~~~~~~~~~~»»»
★★★
«««~~~~~~~~~~»»»

The next day arrived with lots of enthusiasm for the Royals. A puja was kept for the good health of both mother and the child.

Waking up in the Brahma Muhurat (3:30 AM -5:00AM), all the arrangements were done for the puja by the Royals themselves.

The Puja was to start with the first ray of Sun. Everyone was present there except the to be mother and her friend. Apparently, both the daughter-in-laws pf Kuruvansh wasn't present in the home temple.

"It's almost time, please call Rajkumari Bhanumati." The Raj Guru, Kripacharya said to the Royals who were impatiently waiting for the arrival of both the ladies.

It was Bhanumati who was adamant to engage her sister-in-law in every stage of her happiness.

Nobody objected as they also wanted Panchali to join in every little thing of their family. After all she was also the one.

"I think she won't come. It will be better if we start the Puja." Shakuni spoke observing the expression of the family.

They clearly want Panchali to be present in everything and if it happens then he won't be able to do anything. The lady was too cunning for his own goods.

She easily caught his lies and manipulation though he still stuck to his lies.

The wicked King's eyes spotted the five poor souls, apparently the husbands of the world's most gorgeous woman.

Poor Pandavas were patiently waiting to be accepted by her just like they were waiting for her in the home temple now.

He smirked looking at them. Such a pitiful condition, they feared her so much that they couldn't go by themselves to call her.

Infact instead of them, it was Bhanumati who went to her.

Suddenly he could see they were smiling in content looking at the entrance.

Have they gone bonkers? Shakuni wondered, when a certain intoxicating smell of blue lotus hit his nostrils and his eyes spotted the figure of that cunning lady.

They sighed watching her natural beauty. She was wearing a simple dress which was foreign to them.

She wore no jewellery but still managed to let their heart beat fast.

And the intoxicating blue lotus smell was just driving them mad. Strands of hair came out of her bun which were of honey coloured but look ravishing on her.

"Indeed she is the most beautiful in the whole world. No one can ever match her charismatic nature." Nakul said, this time in a dead serious tone while his brothers could do nothing but to approve his words silently.

Being the most handsome man in the whole of Aryavart, Nakul suddenly felt that maybe it was not his but her beauty that matched nothing and could never be compared with anyone. Not even him.

And this time he didn't feel any sadness neither any insecurity, for it was about her. And he was suddenly willing to give all the spotlight to her.

The feeling was so surreal in his heart. Such peace and calm was never felt by him.

Panchali walked inside the home temple with a neutral expression, as usual, while Bhanumati grinned so brightly that Panchali feared her face would break apart.

The business tycoon sighed feeling irritated looking at the glowing faces of her in-laws.

First of all she had to work till late at night and went to take a nap but she didn't know her luck was so terrible that she had to get up after about 3-4 hours.

And that's what she hated the most - waking up early in the morning. But she doubted the morning because it was still dark outside when Bhanumati came into her chamber and woke her up.

But what can she even do when a pregnant woman is asking her to accompany her for some kind of celebration. She just couldn't show her frustration to the woman.

On top of that, it was Bhanumati !! The only woman, or let's say the only human in Hastinapur from whom she never got irritated.

And for keeping the innocent Kalinga Princess's heart, she got up and dressed herself in a full sleeve Palazzo set. Obviously BLACK !!

She applied just a moisturizer on her face and made a bun out of her hair. Still Bhanumati appreciated her beauty.

Stepping into the home temple, she wondered how someone could be so fresh and not feel sleepy.

Her trance broke when Bhism spoke to her, "We are glad that you came, Putri. This was what we wanted from the very first. You should be involved in every activities of our family."

Panchali just gave short nod to Bhism who smiled in return. Because she had no energy to even express her frustration that she felt. She was feeling damn tired.

"Pitamah, she is my friend. She had to come even if she didn't want to because after all I know my friend won't miss her involvement in my happiness. And even if she missed them why am I there for? I will drag her to me." Bhanumati chirped enthusiastically and side hugged Panchali, who got startled.

She can never have any idea when Bhanumati would suddenly hug her out of nowhere.

While others laughed slightly seeing the bond of their two daughter-in-laws.

"Okay, now let's start the puja. It's dawn. Bhanumati, Duryodhan, come forward. You both have to do the rituals and then the Mangal Aarti for the good health of Bhanumati and your unborn baby." Gandhari said while Duryodhan helped Bhanumati to go forward and stood in front of the Lord Lakmi- Narayan's idol.

"What are you five doing here? Go and stand with your wife." Kunti asked and then suggested smiling, startling her sons unknowingly, who suddenly started to feel nervous.

They went and stood on her left side with Arjun just beside her.

Feeling a presence beside her, she looked up, at her side and found Arjun.

Her eyes soon spotted her other four husbands, who were looking back at her.

She sighed being frustrated. Her mind replayed how they were so ungrateful. She moved a little, leaving about an arm of gap between her and Arjun.

Phalgun too noticed how her expression changed and standing just beside her, he could feel her being uncomfortable and moving, leaving an arm distance between them.

He shouldn't feel like this but he actually felt a sudden pang on his chest.

The puja was started and the brahmins were chanting mantras, bell was ranged and conch shell was blowed for auspiciousness.

-------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

Hello, hii my lovelies... I know I am late for this chapter - the reason being my LAZINESS.

The previous chapter was full of drama, so I thought to make this chapter presentable and no drama.

And yes Guys, the previous chapter had so less votes and comments. I am hurt by the way of your reactions regarding that chapter.

I mean I wrote such a long chapter, hoping to get some love from y'all but I failed to do so. And that hurts, you know !

Okay enough of my ranting. Let's meet in the next chapter. Till then bye, have a good day!!

VOTE • COMMENT

Thanking You,
Hiya

--------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 646 25
While going out from dyut sabha, I was guilt ridden, ashamed, beyond hurt from my inside. I was not angry with anyone but myself. I knew that whateve...
Unwanted Bride By

Historical Fiction

4.6K 247 8
Another Karna and Draupadi's fanfiction. A very different story from the one we already know. This is purely my imagination and doesn't intend to...
97.9K 3.3K 37
A 20 year old from kaliyug suffered a lot of issues since her childhood . A fan of Shri Krishna's mischievous behaviour and heavenly smile suddenly l...
28.1K 1K 27
The Betrayal series #1 Yuvraj Singh Rathore. The king of jaipur. also the most feared and ruthless mafia . He rules the underworld. He is forced to...