Burning Flames (Chicago Fire...

By Roya_Herondale

This is a story about the lives of Chicago Fire House 51's firefighters. What will happen when these brave me... More

Chapter 1: Fighting Flames (Edited)
Chapter 2: Ultimate Sacrifice (Edited)
Chapter 3: Survival of the Couragous (Edited)
Chapter 4: Working Calls and Restrictions (Edited)
Chapter 5: Racing Heart
Chapter 6: Date Night
Chapter 7: Don't Remember
Chapter 8: Mouch and Ambo
Chapter 9: Hally
Chapter 10: Scars Only Ever Fade...
Chapter 11: Beyond the Call of Duty
Chapter 12: Courage, Honor, and... Love
Chapter 13: Reality Check
Chapter 14: Back From the Dead
Chapter 15: Mariana Dawson
Chapter 16: Heart to Heart With Hally and Mariana
Chapter 17: Dead beat dad
Chapter 18: Dawson Family
Chapter 19: Truck 81's Bar
Chapter 20: Last Truck Ride, Mom, and Antonio
Chapter 21: Stay
Chapter 22: Last Truck Ride
Chapter 23: New Beginnings, Old Memories
Chapter 24: Fire House 89
Chapter 26: Man Down!
Chapter 27: Aftermath (Finale)
Part 2
Chater 28: Missing Candidate
Chapter 29: Home
Chapter 30: Drill
Chapter 31: Back
Chapter 32: Back Against the Wall
Chapter 33: Traitor
Chapter 34: Darkness
Chapter 35: Lock Down
Chapter 36: Shattered
Chapter 37: Mystery Man
Chapter 38: Done!
Chapter 39: Redemption, Conviction, or Chance...
Chapter 40: Vows
Chapter 41: Apocalypse
Chapter 42: Life or Death
Chapter 43: I Made the Call That Killed Her...
Chapter 44: Insignia
Chapter 45: What's the Difference?!
Chapter 46: Church
Chapter 47: Squad 3
Chapter 48: Lakeview Hospital
Chapter 49: Bowling Lanes
Chapter 50: Squad Surgery
Chapter 51: Mills In A Wedding Dress and Kelly Severide
Chafter 52: Jordan and Three Bells
Chapter 53: False Alarm
Chapter 54: Flames On Bunker Gear
Chapter 55: Prayer For Dawson
Chapter 56: Battlefield (finale of part 2)
Part 3
Chapter 57: Moving On
Chapter 58: Again
Chapter 59: Gossip
Chapter 60: Pregnant?
Chapter 61: Reynolds
Chapter 62: Lieutenant Dawson
Chapter 63: Tiffany
Chapter 64: Fast But Slow
Chapter 65: Honeymoon
Chapter 66: The Ducker
Chapter 67: Tiffany, Ducker, and Dawson
Chapter 68: Shay (part 1)
Chapter 69: Shay (part 2)
Translations Chapter
Chapter 70: Cologne
Chapter 71: Names
Chapter 72: Courtney
Chapter 73: No. (Book Finalé)
Author's Note
Author's Note
Author's Note

Chapter 25: Wedding Venue and Townhouses

2K 24 0
By Roya_Herondale

Matthew Casey's POV
---

I wake up and roll over. I watch Gabby as she sleeps and then wrap my arms around her. As I do she rolls over to face me. She opens her eyes and says, "Morning, Lieutenant."
I smile and say, "Morning, Candidate."
"Do you have any plans today?" Gabby asks me.
I think about it and say, "No, but I have an idea for something that we could do."
"What?" She asks with a smile.
I laugh and reply, "It's probably not what your thinking, but I thought we could go out. I was looking the other day at apartments and places for a wedding. I think I found a good spot for the wedding."
She says, "That sounds good to me, but I've got to take a shower I smell like smoke."
I nod and kiss her forehead.
"I'll start breakfast."
She nods and gets up. She grabs her bag and walks into the master bath. I get up and pull on a pair of jeans and a dark blue T-shirt.
In reality I had found a place for the wedding last shift. Fire House 51.
I walk to the kitchen and see Shay and Severide talking on my couch.
"How did you two get in, and why are you here?" I ask.
Shay gets up and say, "Remember, you gave Kelly a key. Also, I wanted to steal Gabby so we could go wedding dress shopping." Shay tells me.
I tell her, "We were going to go look at an apartment and I was going to show her where we could have the wedding."
"Then, we will come with you to show her the venue. Then after you two look at the apartment I'm stealing her. Deal?" Shay asks.
I reply, "I don't know how long it will take, but sounds good to me. Hey, Severide, you want to be my best man?"
He looks up from his phone and says, "Hell yeah. I was looking at tuxes. Shay wants me to get one."
I nod my head as Gabby looks out my bedroom door and asks, "Who are you talking to, baby?"
"Shay and Severide are sitting in the living room. They said they are basically tailing us all day." I say.
Gabby walks out in a dark blue V-neck and a pair of leather jeans.
"Breakfast is almost ready." I say as she walks over to me.

---
Gabriela Dawson's POV
---

"Well, our get away plans are shot then aren't they?" I ask jokingly.
Shay smiles and says, "Sorry, but after you guys finish everything I'm stealing you and we are going shopping. Your mom's going to meet us their. She said to call her when we were ready."
I nod and take the plate Casey hands me. I start to eat when my phone goes off. I look at the screen and say, "Dammit. I've got to go. Emergency call. High-rise."
I give Casey a kiss and grab my work bag sitting on the bar. I run out to my car followed by Shay who says, "I'm coming. I'm going on a ride along with your guys."
I nod as she gets in and shuts her door. I drive towards the station as Shay asks, "So how do you like your new crew?"
"I like them pretty good. I've already got them scared of me, so I'm set. They got a prank in on me last night though. Then Chief Jones ripped them a new one. Apparently the two that did it are notorious for their pranks." I reply.
She laughs as we pull up to the station. I run to my locker and quickly change out.
I grab my turn out gear and get into the truck.
"Guys, this is Leslie Shay. She's riding along with us." I say.
Smith laughs and asks, "So this is the paramedic who peeled your ass off the floor, is it?"
I laugh and say, "Yeah, she's got my back. That's for sure."
Smith replies, "Well, Ms. Shay, I'm Daniel Smith, our elevator guy is Austin Davis, John Green, and Luis Macintosh. Our lieutenant is George Brewer, he was injured last night at the high-rise, but thank god for Dawson. Without her our whole crew might be in the hospital right now. Brewer is supposed to be out after next shift."
"I'm acting lieutenant until he returns, though." Macintosh says as we pull up and get out.
"Dawson, Smith with me. Davis and Green be ready with that attack line." Macintosh says.
We head in and quickly move through the floors when we reach the fourth floor. I see a man lying at the top of the stair well. Smith comes over and we carry him out.
We take him over to the waiting paramedics, and are about to head back in when Macintosh comes out and says, "Buildings clear, Chief. Davis, Green, start spraying."
I run over to the truck and climb up to the apparatus.
I rase the ladder and Smith hands me a saw. He grabs a halogen and we climb up the ladder to the roof. When we get there I start to work cutting a whole in the roof and Smith follows behind me raising the section up. Once we have the roof vented Smith climbs down and helps with the attack lines.
I turn on the water cannon and hit the building with water.

---
An hour later
---

I climb down off the truck and start rolling hose up.
"Dawson, come here. I need to talk to you." Macintosh says.
I walk over to where Macintosh is standing and ask, "Yes, Lieutenant?"
Macintosh says, "You blatantly disregarded orders. I told you to shadow my every move, to be running into me when I stopped. You did no such thing. The first man we come to you and Smith carry him down. Smith could have easily done that by himself! Then when I pull out after clearing the building. You raise the ladder and take Smith with you to vent, without even going through me! Then you start up the cannon, again without going through me! I don't know how it worked over at 51's, but here if you are a woman you will no-"
"Macintosh! Watch your mouth. We will not lose another perfectly good candidate because of you! Do I make myself clear?!" Chief Jones orders.
Macintosh gives me a look then looks straight at Chief Jones and says, "Crystal."
I finish rolling hose and pack it up. I jump in to the truck last and we head back to the house in silence.
When we get there I pull off my turn out gear and pull on my boots. As I walk towards the lockers Smith comes jogging up behind me and says, "Hey, listen, Macintosh is a good guy. He's just not a good lieutenant. We were following standard procedure. Plus, Macintosh can't keep his mouth shut. Chiefs already talked to me and that was the last straw. I'm going to be relieve lieutenant until Brewer gets back. Don't worry about what Macintosh said. He was just mad because he new he didn't make the call in time, but we had vented in time."
I nod and walk over to my locker. I pull my shirt off and pull my V-neck on. I grab my bag and head out to my car.
I drive off as my phone rings.
I answer and Shay says, "Hey, I guess your finished with the call. Listen, Casey spent the last hour and a half explaining everything you guys had to do, so we will go dress shopping next weekend."
"That sounds good with me." I say then hang up.
I get home to find Casey sitting in the living room.
"Let's go. I want to get this done and then get drunk." I say as I set my bag down on the bar.
He walks over to me and says, "Who ticked you off?"
"You know that Macintosh guy? He was relieving Brewer. He pulled the 'men can do it better then women' card. I'm sorry. I'm bringing work home. Let's do this." I say.
Casey smiles and says, "That's my girl."
Casey walks over to me and I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. I smile against his lips and pull back.
"Let's go. So where to first?" I ask.
"The apartment. It is literally exactly in between both houses. Rents low and it has two bed and two bath." He says as we walk out the door towards his truck.
I nod my head and say, "That sounds really good. What about the kitchen?"
"From what I read it's got a bar and island." Casey says as we pull off. I nod, and stare out the window. We turn a corner, and pull up to the side of a townhouse.
"Wait, you said apartment. This is a townhouse." I say as I look out the window.
"That's what it was listed as. Come on let's go in anyways. Look at it." Casey says as we get out I leave my jacket in his truck and we walk up the sidewalk.
When we get to the door a woman in a business suit opens the door.
"I assume you are Matthew Casey? I'm Melony, we talked on the phone." Melony says as we walk in.
"Yeah, I'm Matthew. This is my fiancé, Gabriela Dawson. We thought this was an apartment for rent." Casey says as we walk in to an open room.
Melony says in reply, "No, it's a townhouse for sale. Hold on let me check it online... Oh, I see the payments are the same, but this is a townhouse for sale. Our staffing must have made a mistake. Are you still interested.
Casey starts to say, "I'm not sure. We wanted an apart-"
"Actually, Casey. Why don't we look around. Even though it's not an apartment I like it so far. You wanted a townhouse anyways, so why not look." I interrupt.
Casey smiles and nods...

---
An hour later
---

"Well what do you guys think?" Melony asks as we walk
"I like it. I originally wanted an apartment, but I think I like this better." I say.
Casey smiles and says, "Me too. You said the monthly payments were the same right? What's the total overall?"
"It is overall 52,500 dollars and you can pay either 875 dollars a month for five years or pay 437.50 dollars a month for ten years. Hold on, I'm getting a call. Why don't you two talk while I take this." Melony tells us.
"Casey, I love it. With our salary combined we could easily have this payed off in a few years." I say.
Casey tells me, "I think this is perfect for us. Neither of us are that far from work. Your even closer. You want to take it then?"
I nod my head and a few minutes later Melony walks in and asks, "Well, what do you think?"
"We'll take it." Casey says.
"Ok. Can you guys come down to my office and do some paperwork, or do you want to do it somewhere else?" Melony asks.
Casey replies, "Could you follow us? We were going to go look at a place for our wedding."
She nods and says, "Yep. If you tell me where I can meet you there."
Casey leans over and whispers something to her and she nods. We walk out the door and she locks it behind us.
We get in the truck and Casey takes my hand. He looks at me and smiles and then pulls off.
A few minutes later we pull up to Fire House 51 and get out.
"I know you wanted something special, so I figured that since this house was like a second home to you we could have the wedding here." Casey says as Chief Boden and Chief Jones come walking up to meet us.
"Evening Chief Jones, Chief Boden." I say as I shake their hands.
"I heard you might have your wedding here at house 51." Chief Jones says.
"Actually, I am. I think it'd be nice to have my wedding here." I say as Casey hugs me.
"Sorry, Matthew. I wasn't sure that this was the right place. You want to have your wedding at a fire house? Do they even allow that?" Melony asks.
"They do if the couple that's getting married are two of the best damn firefighters I've ever had." Chief Boden says as he shakes Melony's hand.
"Why don't we go do the paperwork for the house inside. That all right with you, Chief?" I ask.
"Go ahead I wanted to talk to you two, so I'll be inside in a minute. Chief Jones, thank you for coming." Chief Boden says.
Chief Jones replies, "My pleasure, Wallis."
We walk inside to the briefing room and sit down with Melony.
"I see why you love working here, Gabriela. Ok, let's get to work." She says.

---
An hour later
---
Matthew Casey's POV
---

"That's it. Here are the keys, and now I will get out of your hair." Melony says as we shake hands.
She hands Gabby a set of keys and me a set of keys. Chief Boden walks over and says, "I was talking to Chief Jones about how you were doing, Gabby, and he said you were doing better than some of his men. But that the relieving lieutenant pulled the woman card this morning. He said you could easily out do everyone he has over there on truck, and most of his Squad 6 members. I want to know if you think that that house is a good fit for you?"
"I think that it is not the best house for me to be at, but it is an alright fit for me." She say.
Then he asks, "What house would be a perfect fit? I can pull strings, Gabriela, and so can Chief Jones."
"Chief, I can't be put at the house that is a perfect fit for me because this house, House 51, is my perfect fit. I like the crew over there pretty good, anyways." Gabby says.
"Chief, is there no way that she can be pulled back over here?" I ask, "I mean you said you and Chief Jones can pull strings. Can you pull strings that far up?"
"Casey, I can, but you two are getting married. I don't know if you both could work like that." He says.
"I've done it before, Chief. I will shadow Herman and not Casey." Gabby says.
"I'm not worried about you, Dawson. Casey, can you do it? You were just getting used to her being your candidate after she was on six months." The chief asks.
"I can. Now when she's called to a fire I worry for a split second and then I push it to the very back of my mind. The last emergency call we had with 89's. I had her crew with me and I nearly forgot that she was with me. I knew she was a firefighter with me, but I forgot that she was my fiancé until we were coming out." I say.
Boden nods and says, "I will see what I can do. I'll make some calls, but it'll take a few shifts to get you back. Plus, I have sixty that you won't be here tomorrow, so, but yeah I'll pull some strings with Jones."
We nod and get up. As we are walking out to my truck Gabby says, "Now, how bout we go back home and I will fix dinner. So much for a get away, though. I think I still might smell like smoke."
I smile, laugh, and get in my truck. When I get in I take her hand and kiss it...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.9K 788 51
The third story in the ONE Chicago series is here! If you haven't read Three Teams, ONE Chicago and Our City, Our Rules, ONE Chicago.... Please read...
50.6K 753 31
What happens when Shay suddenly turns up again? What happens when something happens to Gabby? Changes in the fire house! That's what happens Obvious...
55.4K 915 32
Shelby found herself standing infront of Firehouse 51. She was running from her past, from her father, and from her ex. She came to Chicago to start...
120K 2.4K 49
Dawsey FanFiction by Alina Reynolds A.K.A @chicagofdpd_fanbase Sequel to: A Reason To Love