Chapter 25: Wedding Venue and Townhouses

Matthew Casey's POV
---

I wake up and roll over. I watch Gabby as she sleeps and then wrap my arms around her. As I do she rolls over to face me. She opens her eyes and says, "Morning, Lieutenant."
I smile and say, "Morning, Candidate."
"Do you have any plans today?" Gabby asks me.
I think about it and say, "No, but I have an idea for something that we could do."
"What?" She asks with a smile.
I laugh and reply, "It's probably not what your thinking, but I thought we could go out. I was looking the other day at apartments and places for a wedding. I think I found a good spot for the wedding."
She says, "That sounds good to me, but I've got to take a shower I smell like smoke."
I nod and kiss her forehead.
"I'll start breakfast."
She nods and gets up. She grabs her bag and walks into the master bath. I get up and pull on a pair of jeans and a dark blue T-shirt.
In reality I had found a place for the wedding last shift. Fire House 51.
I walk to the kitchen and see Shay and Severide talking on my couch.
"How did you two get in, and why are you here?" I ask.
Shay gets up and say, "Remember, you gave Kelly a key. Also, I wanted to steal Gabby so we could go wedding dress shopping." Shay tells me.
I tell her, "We were going to go look at an apartment and I was going to show her where we could have the wedding."
"Then, we will come with you to show her the venue. Then after you two look at the apartment I'm stealing her. Deal?" Shay asks.
I reply, "I don't know how long it will take, but sounds good to me. Hey, Severide, you want to be my best man?"
He looks up from his phone and says, "Hell yeah. I was looking at tuxes. Shay wants me to get one."
I nod my head as Gabby looks out my bedroom door and asks, "Who are you talking to, baby?"
"Shay and Severide are sitting in the living room. They said they are basically tailing us all day." I say.
Gabby walks out in a dark blue V-neck and a pair of leather jeans.
"Breakfast is almost ready." I say as she walks over to me.

---
Gabriela Dawson's POV
---

"Well, our get away plans are shot then aren't they?" I ask jokingly.
Shay smiles and says, "Sorry, but after you guys finish everything I'm stealing you and we are going shopping. Your mom's going to meet us their. She said to call her when we were ready."
I nod and take the plate Casey hands me. I start to eat when my phone goes off. I look at the screen and say, "Dammit. I've got to go. Emergency call. High-rise."
I give Casey a kiss and grab my work bag sitting on the bar. I run out to my car followed by Shay who says, "I'm coming. I'm going on a ride along with your guys."
I nod as she gets in and shuts her door. I drive towards the station as Shay asks, "So how do you like your new crew?"
"I like them pretty good. I've already got them scared of me, so I'm set. They got a prank in on me last night though. Then Chief Jones ripped them a new one. Apparently the two that did it are notorious for their pranks." I reply.
She laughs as we pull up to the station. I run to my locker and quickly change out.
I grab my turn out gear and get into the truck.
"Guys, this is Leslie Shay. She's riding along with us." I say.
Smith laughs and asks, "So this is the paramedic who peeled your ass off the floor, is it?"
I laugh and say, "Yeah, she's got my back. That's for sure."
Smith replies, "Well, Ms. Shay, I'm Daniel Smith, our elevator guy is Austin Davis, John Green, and Luis Macintosh. Our lieutenant is George Brewer, he was injured last night at the high-rise, but thank god for Dawson. Without her our whole crew might be in the hospital right now. Brewer is supposed to be out after next shift."
"I'm acting lieutenant until he returns, though." Macintosh says as we pull up and get out.
"Dawson, Smith with me. Davis and Green be ready with that attack line." Macintosh says.
We head in and quickly move through the floors when we reach the fourth floor. I see a man lying at the top of the stair well. Smith comes over and we carry him out.
We take him over to the waiting paramedics, and are about to head back in when Macintosh comes out and says, "Buildings clear, Chief. Davis, Green, start spraying."
I run over to the truck and climb up to the apparatus.
I rase the ladder and Smith hands me a saw. He grabs a halogen and we climb up the ladder to the roof. When we get there I start to work cutting a whole in the roof and Smith follows behind me raising the section up. Once we have the roof vented Smith climbs down and helps with the attack lines.
I turn on the water cannon and hit the building with water.