Chapter 20: Last Truck Ride, Mom, and Antonio

I wake up and here my alarm going off. I reach over and quickly turn it off. I stare up at the ceiling for a good ten minutes before I finally get up. I get dressed and grab my work bag. As I walk out to my car I stop dead in my tracks.
"I know I didn't do this right the first time, so I wanted a second chance. I love you, Gabby. Will you do me the honor, Gabriela Dawson, of becoming my wife?" Casey says as he gets down on one knee in his dress blues with the ladder truck sitting behind him. He holds out a ring and smiles up at me.
I put my hands to my mouth and his smiles starts to waver, but I smile and say, "Do I have to put it on myself?"
He stands up and picks me up. He spins me around and I kiss him. Then the sirens and lights start to go off on the truck and Casey says, "They wouldn't let me come alone."
I smile and kiss Casey again as the guys start getting out of the truck.
"Congrats kids! Finally got her I see." Herman says as Casey sets me down. I start to smile when a sharp pain shoots through my leg.
I kiss Casey on the cheek and say, "I'll be right back."
I run back inside and go to my bedside table where my medicine is sitting. I had forgotten to take it so I go into the bathroom and sit down.
Ever since the collapse I had had to take medicine to control the pain and inflammation in my leg. I swallow the anti-inflammatories, then reach up to my medicine cabinet and pull out the duty aspirin. I swallow two of them and lean back against the wall...

---
Matthew Casey's POV
---

I set Gabby down and a weird look washes over her face she quickly replaced it with a smile. She kisses me on the cheek and says, "I'll be right back."
Then runs back inside her building.
"I wonder what's wrong with her? She just got engaged, and she ran off." Herman says.
"I think I'm going to go check on her." I say.
The crew nods and I start up the stairs. I get to the door when she walks out. I ask, "Is everything alright?"
"Yeah I'm fine, I promise." She says, but something tells me she's not. I sigh then say, "You can ride with us if you want."
She replies, "No, I've got to run some errands before I go to the House. I'll meet you guys there. Oh, and uh tell Chief I might be a little late."
I nod and give her a kiss then get in the truck. As we drive off she stops and I swear she grabs her leg and leans against the wall. She looks over her shoulder and waves before continuing to her car.
"Did anybody else notice something weird? Gabby is normally a lot more relaxed." I ask.
Otis replies, "Other than the fact that she didn't want to ride with us, no. It's normal for a woman to be more tense when she had just gotten engaged less then five minutes ago."
"And uh, how would you know, Otis?" Mouch asks with an innocent looking expression on his face.
"Oh shut up, you guys." Otis says to the snickers.
I nod and look out the window...

---
Kelly Severide's POV
---

I roll over and look at Shay. Ever since the night Gabby had broken it off with Casey she hadn't brought anyone home and neither had I. I knew what I had been saying when I had said it, and last night she had been talking in her sleep.
She had said stuff like, "Kelly, I love you..." And, "Don't leave me."
I start to get up when Shay rolls over and says, "Kelly, I need to tell you something."
I nod and she says, "I've been thinking about the other night, and I don't want you bringing other girls home anymore. I want to be with you, I want to be the only one with you."
I smile and say, "Shay, that is the sexiest thing you have ever said to me."
She laughs and then says, "Well, now, I've got something hilarious to tell you... You turned me straight with one kiss. I thought I was untouchable to men, but you did it. You got to me."
With that I pick her up, pulling her in to my lap and kissing her. She wraps her arms around my neck and we sit there kissing until her phone rings and it nearly makes me fall off the bed.
"Hey, Dawson. What's up?" She says.
Dawson says something and then Shay nearly screams, "OH. MY. GOD! What'd you say?!"
Dawson replies and then Shay sequels like a school girl then says, "Hall ass, and get to the house. You are explaining everything. Kelly and I will be there as soon as we can."
I laugh as Shay runs over to her room and then I ask, "What is it, Shay? Did she just find a million bucks at her house?"
"Nope, better. She's engaged, to Casey. The truck crew got it on camera. We are watching it at the house." She tells me.
My jaw drops as I say, "You mean that they are back together in less than three days?"
She nods as she pulls her shirt on. I go back to my room and get dressed, I grab my bag and walk down stairs where Shay is waiting on me. I kiss her forehead and we walk out the door to my car...