Chapter 9: Hally

Matthew Casey's POV
---
As Gabby runs out to the ambulance I start getting dressed. I'm pulling on my shirt when someone knocks at the my door. I walk over and open the door.
"Hi, Matt. Can we talk?" Hally says.
I step back and sit down. I ask, "What are you doing here? We broke up months ago."
She walks in and closes the door behind her then says, "Casey, I want to get back together with you. The whole time we've been apart I've been beating myself up over you, then I heard you were out drinking with some woman and that you had went home with her."
I shake my head and say, "That was Gabriela, and I really don't think it's any of your business what I'm doing here lately. Also I'm seeing someone else. Now leave."
"Baby, all your doing is leading this girl on and lying to yourself." She says as she walks over to me and sits down on my lap and continues saying, "Why don't I stay here for awhile and we can do something together? I think you'd like that with me more then this Gabriela woman."
I push her off my lap and say, "Leave. That's not a question, and for your information I like doing stuff with Gabby more than you."
Her mouth drops and she says, "Dawson?!"
I open the door and she walks out. I leave her standing there and I head to the kitchen.
"Hey, Cruz, is ambulance back?"
He shakes his head and then Odis says, "He just wants to get Dawson back in his office."
I give him a look and sit down to watch the baseball game. A few minutes later Hally comes walking through.
"Matthew, I hope you know that Gabby will only hurt you." She says, and walks off.
I shake my head and keep watching the game. I hear the ambulance pull up and Shay and Mills walk in. I get up and ask, "Where's Dawson?"
"She's outside checking supplies in the ambulance, but I'm not sure you should go out there she's pretty upset." Shay tells me.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
Shay replies, "She went and talked to a doctor and when she came back she was pretty pissed off."
Just then Dawson comes through the door and walks toward the locker room. I'm about to get up when Severide, who had been watching the whole time, grabs my arm and shakes his head. I sit back down and try to watch the game...

Gabriela Dawson
---
I finish checking the supplies in the ambulance, and head inside. Instead of going into the kitchen to get something to eat I head to the my bed and I lay down to help my back.
I think about what the doctor said...
"I'm sorry, but the only thing that can be done to help your back you will need to have an appointment made. I can't help you."
She had told me that if I made an appointment she could help but otherwise she couldn't help me. How would making an appointment help me if she couldn't help me otherwise.
I get up and go to the kitchen where Mills is cooking.
"Hey, need any help?" I ask him.
"No." He replies.
I walk outside to the engine bay and think that was weird.
I pull out my phone and call the union clinic.
"Hello, this is The Chicago Union Medical Clinic. Haw may I help you?" A femal voice says.
I reply, "Hi, I'm Gabriela Dawson Fire Canidate at Station 51, and I wanted to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sarah Maria"
She tells me, "Her next opening will be tomorrow at 4:30 in the afternoon. Will that work with you?"
"Yeah, I'll get off tomorrow at 8 in the morning. So I will be there in plenty of time." I tell her.
"Ok. I've got you down for tomorrow afternoon at 4:30. Seen you then." She tells me before she hangs up. I turn around and see Severide watching me. I nod as I pass him, but he stops me and says, "Hey, I didn't want to interrupt you, but chow's up."
"Thanks." I reply.
We walk in and I grab a plate and quickly fill it. I sit down and eat. I finish and head for Casey's office.
When I get there the blinds are drawn down so I open the door slightly and look inside there's someone in the bed and I slip inside and as I hear Casey say, "Gabby..."
I walk over to the bed as my eyes start to adjust then I realize that there's someone else in the bed with Casey. I back up and turn the light on.
I gasp as Casey sits up and looks at me then looks back down at the woman in bed with him.
"Hally, how the hell did you get in here?" Casey asks her
"I thought you were better than this Casey. I thought I was more than just someone you were sleeping around with." I say as tears start to form at the edges of my eyes, "I'm sorry I interrupted you Lieutenant. You can continue what your doing."
I walk out the door and slam it closed. I don't even bother going around the commons I go straight through and out to the engine bay. The squad is sitting out there but I go around them and go sit down at the ambulance. The tears start to freely fall then and I don't even notice Mills walk up and sit down next to me. He says, "It takes a lot to make a fire fighter cry. What did he do to make you cry?"