Chapter 64: Fast But Slow

I wake up to Violet jumping in the bed with Matt and I. Matt and I both shout as she lands on us.
"Get up. Shay called me and told me her appointment has been moved to eight thirty, and it's eight o'clock." Violet says a little too chipper for my taste.
"Ugh... Vi get off us." Matt groans.
Violet moves so she's sitting at the end of the bed.
I sit up and rub my face, and see an already dressed Violet waiting on me.
"You could have just woke me up you know. Matt's not going." I say as I get up and Matt swings his legs over the edge of the bed.
"Yeah, but that was more fun, and now Uncle Matt can cook breakfast." Violet tells us.
I roll my eyes as I grab my over night bag and walk in to the bathroom. I quickly change in to a pair of blue skinny jeans, a grey v-neck, a pair of ankle boots and a black leather jacket. I brush my hair and pull it back in to a pony tail. I put red lip stick , nude eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and black mascara on. Then, I walk down stairs to where Matt is flipping pancakes out on to a plate for Violet.
"Did you want any, Gabby?" Matt asks not turning around.
"No I'm good." I say as I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist.
Matt turns around in my arms, and places his lips to mine. When he pulls back both Violet and I start laughing. He had bright red lipstick on his lips.
"What? What is it? Do I have something on my face?" Matt asks looking between Violet and I.
I quickly pull out my phone and snap a pic. I show it to him and he immediately wipes his mouth and tries to grab the phone out of my hands knowing perfectly well that I wouldn't delete it myself.
"Give me that!" Matt says as he chases me around the kitchen.
"Nope! Severide and Shay are both seeing this!" I say as I shove my phone in my bra.
"I can still get your phone." Matt says.
"Yeah, but Violet is in the room." I say standing behind Vi.
"Okay, good point. Violet, why don't you go get your jacket from your room." Matt says.
"I've got one in the hallway." Violet says as she puts her dishes in the sink, and I stick close to her side.
"Then, go get it." Matt tells her.
"I will, but not even you can move that fast." Violet says walking out of the room.
Matt reaches for my waist, and catches the belt loop of my jeans. He starts to pull me against him when Violet walks back in and he's forced to let me go.
"Okay, Vi, let's make our escape." I say then quickly kiss Matt on the lips leaving lipstick on his lips again.
"Might want to wash your lips off before leaving the house." Violet calls over her shoulder as we walk out the door.
I smile as we walk out to my car, and get in. We pull off and head for the OBGYN. When we get there I park next to Severide's car, and put my phone in my jacket pocket. We walk inside, and find Shay and Severide sitting in the waiting room.
"Hey Gabby. Hey Violet." Shay says with a small smile on her face.
Her eyes mixed with sadness and happiness. She stands up and I hug her tight. We all sit down as Severide stares at his phone screen.
"Kelly? Earth to Severide." Shay says snapping her fingers under his nose.
He looks up and says, "Yeah?"
"What are you doing staring at your phone?" Shay asks.
"The guys are texting me last minute stuff for the bachelor party tonight." He says.
"Well tell them you can't talk. You have to be here." Shay says looping her arm through his as he quickly types a reply and then turns his phone off, handing it to Shay.
"Leslie Shay." A nurse calls.
The four of us stand, and follow the nurse back.
"Which one is Leslie?" The nurse asks as we reach the scale.
Shay points to herself and the nurse says, "Take off your shoes and step on the scale please."
Shay nods and slips off the flats she was wearing. She steps up on the scale and she weighs one twenty-five. So I had been dead on when I had guessed her weight yesterday.
Then the nurse measures her and takes her blood pressure. After that Shay slips her shoes back on, and the nurse takes us back to an ultra sound room.
She leaves and Shay sits down in the exam chair. We all sit down in the chairs, and Severide says, "I can't believe that we're going to have a baby Severide."
We all laugh and Shay says, "I know, it's so exciting. I'm just hoping the wedding dress still fits."
"That is what my mother, Cindy, and I are going to be there for." I say.
"Yeah, my sister and mom should be down tomorrow just in time for the wedding to start." Shay says.
Just then the doctor walks in.
"Hello. I am Doctor Lucasak, and I will be your doctor for this pregnancy. Have you been pregnant before Leslie?" The doctor asks as she pulls her stool over and Shay raises her shirt.
"No. This is my first." Shay says as the doctor applies the gel to her lower stomach.
"Well, let's look at Baby..."
"Severide." Kelly says.
The doctor nods and says, "Let's take a look at Baby Severide."
She places the tool to Shay's stomach and an image appears on the monitor.
"Well it looks like you are around eight weeks along. Everything looks normal. Did you have any questions or want pictures?" She asks.
"Yes, we would like pictures. I am a paramedic, so I do a lot of lifting. When should I take maternity leave?" Shay asks.
"Well with you being a paramedic I would say take off maternity leave in about two months." The doctor says as she prints off two pictures of the ultra sound.
She hands them to Shay and then turns to me and Violet and asks, "Is this your daughter?"
"Oh, no. This is my boyfriend's niece, Violet." I say.
"Well, it's nice to meet you, Violet. So are you planning on being in here anytime soon?" She asks me.
"Maybe, but not too soon." I say making Shay and Severide's eyes widen.
A grin spreads across Violet's face as the doctor walks out after telling Shay we could go.
"What did you mean maybe? Are you two talking about a baby?" Shay asks as we walk out of the office.
"No, it's just an idea in my head." I say as we walk towards the cars.
"Okay, Shay you are coming home with me. Severide is going to Cruz and Otis' place. Get your bag, Shay." I say.
Shay grabs her bag out of Kelly's car and kisses him goodbye. He pulls off as Violet gets in the back seat and Shay and I in the front. We pull off as Shay says, "So this idea... are you serious about it?"
"Well yeah, but I don't even know if Matt wants a baby. Especially since we just got back together." I say glancing at Shay in my peripherals.
"He does. He wants whatever you want." Violet interjects.
"How do you know that?" I ask.
"We were talking about you yesterday when he came and picked me up. My mom and him were talking about you, and they let me stay in the room so I listened in." Violet says shrugging her shoulders.
"I like your style, Violet." Shay says twisting in her seat so she could high five a grinning Violet.
"Well pretty smart." I say.
Just then my phone starts ringing. I pull it out of my pocket and see Matt's caller ID flashing on the screen.
I answer it and say, "Hey, Matt."
"Do you really want a baby with me?" Are the first words out of his mouth.
My jaw drops as I pull us over on the side of the road.
"Gabby?"
"Uh... how did you hear about that?" I ask.
"Violet texted me and Severide called and told me." He says.
"I... we need to talk about this in person, Matt, and when I don't have people listening in on the conversation." I say driving off again.
"Where are you?" He asks.
"Coming around the corner." I say as I turn down Matt's street.
"Okay. I'll see you in a few minutes then." He says.
Then he hangs up.
"Alright I am going to ring Severide's neck, and Violet when did you text Matt?" I ask.
"As soon as we got in the car." She tells me.
"Thanks." I say sarcastically as we pull up in front of Matt's place.
As we get out Matt steps out on to the front porch. I grab Shay's bag, and walk up the sidewalk and on to the porch. He wraps me in a hug as Shay and Violet walk up on to the porch. I drop Shay's bag, and press my lips to his. He pulls back and smiles down at me then says, "We need to talk before either of us leave."
"Yeah. Okay, guys come in. Vi, go get clothes for tomorrow, and the nice dress that I sent you for Christmas. Shay, you can wait in the living room." I say as we walk inside.
"Wait, that was you that sent Violet the light pink dress for Christmas?" Matt asks as we walk upstairs.
"Yep. Now, come on." I say pulling Matt inside the master bedroom.
"You're already packed. Why'd we come up here?" Matt asks.
"Because I wanted to be alone for this conversation." I say wrapping my arms around Matt's waist and putting my head on his chest.
"That's probably a good idea. Oh before we start the conversation I am feeling a lot better." He says.
"Good... now to answer your question: yes I want a baby." I say.
"Will you move back in with me?" He asks.
I suck in a sharp breath and nod my head as I wrap my arms around his neck. I look up at him, and bite my lower lip. He leans down slowly and puts his lips to mine. I run a hand through his hair gently tugging on it, making him moan softly against my mouth. He pulls my jacket off of me, and picks me up. He presses me against the wall as he moves his mouth along my jawline and then down my neck.
"Uncle Matt?" Violet asks knocking on the door.
Matt pulls back and presses his forehead to mine.
"Yes, Violet?" He asks.
"I can't find my dress I think I left it in your room." She says.
"Hold on. Let me look." Matt tells her.
I slide out of his hands and walk over to the bed.
I sit down and look around the room. Memories flashing through my head of the memories Matt and I had made together. I remember the first time we had slept together in this room. It was amazing, of coarse it always has been with Matt. Every time better than the last.
"Found it. You can come get it, Violet." Matt says pulling a light pink dress out of the dirty clothes.
Violet walks in and eyes Matt's messy hair, and my jacket lying on the floor. She takes the dress from Matt and says, "Shay wants to leave pretty soon, Gabby."
Then, she walks out, pulling the door closed behind her.
"That girl is too smart for her age." I say as Matt walks back over to me.
"Yes, she is. Meaning she is probably telling Shay what we were up here doing." Matt says as he puts his hands on either side of me and presses his lips to mine.
"You are staying with Kelly aren't you?" I ask wrapping my hands around Matt's neck.
"Yeah, best man duties and all." He says with a smirk.
"Okay, well I have to stay with Shay. All the Maid of Honor duties and everything." I say cracking a grin.
"And Vi is staying with you guys if I am correct." Matt says.
"That's another point for Matthew Casey. Let's see what he gets." I say pressing my lips to Matt's.
"Get your butts down stairs. I need my Maid of Honor and Kelly needs his Best Man." Shay says flinging the door open.
I roll my eyes as I grab my overnight bag from the closet and we walk downstairs to a smug looking Violet. I rub her head as Matt grabs his bag from the couch and the four of us head outside. Matt locks the door, and then I press my lips to his. He pulls me against him and Violet says, "PDA! PDA!"
"Hon, just be glad you aren't Kelly. He's seen them doing a lot worse." Shay says as we pull apart.
"Whatever. We were laying on the bed and I had my leg over Matt. Besides he should have knocked instead of just barging in." I say as we all walk out to the waiting vehicles.
"Yeah, and then he acted like he'd seen us both naked." Matt says laughing.
"When was this?" Violet asks scrunching her nose.
"Last shift." I say.
Violet busts out laughing as she and Shay get in my car.
"I'll see you tomorrow." I say as Matt hugs me.
"Yep. I'll miss you." He says then brushes his lips against mine.
"I'll miss you too... be careful and no strippers." I say with a wink.
"Otis and Cruz planned it, so I'm not sure... anyway, don't party too hard Mrs. Casey." With that he kisses my cheek and gets in his truck.
I smile and get in my car. I pull off and head for Shay and Severide's place...

---
Matthew Casey's POV
---

I smile to myself as I turn a corner. Gabby had stood there smiling when I pulled off. I had taken a risk calling Mrs. Casey, but it paid off. I pull up to Cruz and Otis' place and get out. I walk up to the door and knock.
Otis answers the door with a beer in hand.
"Hey! Casey! Come on in." Otis waves me in, and I follow him to the living room.
"Hey! The best man is here." Herman says walking over to me, and handing me a beer.
"So why you look so chipper. You haven't even taken a drink of your beer yet." Mouch says.
"Oh you know, just the fact that Gabby's moving back in with me." I say my grin growing wider.
Cheers echo through the room and then I say, "Severide, mind if I steal your honey moon?"
Everyone laughs and Severide says, "I'm keeping it. Might not be able to have sex, but doesn't mean I can't kiss her."
"Gonna have to do a lot of kissing to make up for sex." Capp says.
Severide shrugs his shoulders and then Cruz says, "Okay, everyone, to celebrate Severide's last night as a free man, Otis and I brought in a couple friends. Guys meet Princess and Sweety, strippers."
Herman, Severide, and I all stand up and Herman says, "Yeah, my wife gave me orders. No strippers."
"If Shay finds out I'm dead." Severide says.
"I've got strict orders. No strippers." I say.
"Okay, you three sit your asses down. It's not like the women will find out." Otis says.
"I don't care. I'm not risking a scolding from Gabby. I'll be sex deprived for another year." I say.
"Me too." Herman says coming to stand beside me.
"And I will be sleeping on the couch for a while nine months." Severide says joining Herman and I.
"So what? You will probably end up on the couch for the whole nine months anyways." Cruz says.
"And Casey. I doubt it would last a whole year." Otis says.
"I'm sure it would. Come on guys. We can go play poker out on the front porch." I say.
I grab Otis' poker set and the three of us walk out to the front porch where they have an old poker table.
"So Dawson's reigned you in tight, huh?" Herman says as he deals the cards.
"Not really. She's moving in with me though." I say looking at my cards.
"Awesome, kid. I'm surprised it's so soon though." Herman says.
"I'm sure they have their reasons." Severide says suppressing a grin.
"What does he know that I don't?" Herman asks raising an eyebrow at me.
"Nothing we want you all to know about yet." I say.
"Wait, is she..."
"No, but... that might change pretty soon." I say grinning.
"Are you two gonna try?" Herman asks eyebrows raised with a small smile.
"We're talking about it, but we don't know." I say shrugging my shoulders. Then quickly adding, "You tell anyone else in the house, and I'll have your asses."
They both nod their heads and we start playing...

---
Leslie Shay's POV
---

"Okay, now that everyone is here we have time to gossip. Gabby? You have anything you want to share?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows.
"Well I might as well since Cindy is the only one of the four people in the room who doesn't know... Matt and I are talking about having a baby." She says pressing her lips together.
"Really?! That's amazing!" Cindy says hugging Gabby.
"We haven't decided for sure or not, but we are talking about it. I also have something that will even surprise Shay and Violet. I'm moving back in with him." Gabby says.
My jaw dropping. Gabby laughs and Cindy says, "Don't you think you're moving a little too fast?"
"Well, not really. I mean if you think about it we still have the same feelings for each other, and it's... it's hard to explain." Gabby tells us.
"You sound like me when I talk about Christopher. That means you're not moving too fast, we were engaged for a year and a half and didn't even move in together until we were married. We moved very slow." Cindy says.
"Sounds like Severide and I nearly stayed engaged longer than you two." I say.
"Yep, our anniversary is in one month." Cindy says.
"So what do you think the guys are doing?" Violet asks.
"Well Herman, Casey, and Kelly are probably playing poker, and the rest... they probably have entertainment there." I say.
"So strippers?" Violet asks.
"Probably, considering Cruz and Otis planned it." Gabby says.
Then her phone rings.
She answers it and says, "Hey, Christie...... Yeah, we're at Severide and Shay's place...... Okay, uh yeah, if you want to you can...... Okay, see you soon."
She hangs up and says, "Vi, your mom is coming to pick you up. She said you had a hair appointment tomorrow before the wedding. Wear the pink dress."
"Okay." Violet says standing up and grabbing her bag as there's a knock at the door.
She walks to the door, and opens it. Christie is standing at the door, and Gabby gets up to go talk to her.
"So do you think they are moving too fast?" I ask looking at Gabby.
"In my opinion yes, but if you look at the facts, how they act around each other, no they are actually moving slowly." Cindy tells me smiling at Gabby as Cindy puts her hand over her mouth and then hugs Gabby with a grin.
"Yeah, I guess so. Wonder how long it'll be before Casey proposes." I say.
"Probably not too long, but it could also be a few months." Cindy says pursing her lips.
Gabby walks back over and sits down beside me.
"Okay, so I actually texted Cindy to come pick up Violet because the movie I brought for us to watch is not something Cindy, Matt, or I would approve of her watching. I rented Magic Mike for us gabby says pulling DVD case out of her bag...