Chapter 18: Dawson Family

Matthew Casey's POV
---
I wake up back in bed with Gabby. She's still asleep. I move her hair out of her face and kiss her temple. I sit up and am about to get up when Gabby rolls over and looks up at me. She smiles and I lean down andkiss her. I sit up and pull my clothes on.
"I'm going home. I'll see you at work, I guess." I tell her wishing she would say she'd come back home with me.
She nods and starts getting dressed.
Disappointed I walk down the stairs and Severide watches me as I walk down the last few steps and says, "Finally finished I see. When I walked passed it sounded like you two were having a good time."
I give him a look and grab my jacket. I pull it on as I walk out the door and my phone rings. I look down and see that it's a blocked number. I answer it and before I can say anything Mariana says, "Stay away from Gabriela, Casey. If you don't I will make sure she wants to stay away from you."
Then she hangs up. I shake me head and go out to my truck. I'm about to get in when Shay comes running out the apartment door.
"Here, Casey. Gabby said to give this to you, and to tell you that she couldn't take it and that she was sorry. Also that she couldn't do this anymore. I don't know what that means, but she said she was tired of pulling herself two ways. She said you would know what that meant, but yeah. I guess I'll see you at work." Shay says. She walks back inside and I get into my truck, holding the ring tightly in my hand. I drive back to my house, and get out of the truck.
When I get to my front door there is a man and Mariana standing there waiting on me. Mariana points to me and says something I don't here. Then the man walks up to me.
"You are sleeping with my daughter, and I do not like that. Stay away from her or I will get rid of you." He tells me.
I'm about to say something when all of a sudden a fist slams into the side of the mans face and he falls to the ground dazed. Gabby is now standing beside me and asks, "Casey, are you alright? Mariana called me and told me that our dad was going to take care of the guy that was leading me on just to sleep with me, so I called Antonio and we brought the police."
I nod and look down at Gabby's father. I let out a shaky breath and Gabby says, "Casey, I'm sorry I know I probably confused you, but I'll explain then leave.
I feel like I'm being pulled two ways. One-half of me loves you and doesn't want to leave you, and the other-half is still so hurt that it hurts to love you, and it can't be with you. Every time I get drunk or I'm buzzed I think 'I'm so hurt, but I love him.' And I sleep with you. Even if I've only had a few beers, or if I'm riding on adrenaline. But when I'm sober and relaxed I think 'He hurt me, and I'm leading him on.' I don't know whether to kiss you or hit you half the time, and I'm tired of being pulled in half. That's why I've decided that after this next shift I'm putting in a transfer to another station. I can't do this anymore, Casey. I love you, and I'm sorry."
I take a step toward her, but she backs up and shakes her head with tears forming at the edges of her eyes.
"Casey, please don't make this any harder for me than it already is. I have to leave before I change my mind, and please don't tell anyone." She says as she walks off. I watch as her receding form until she's just a blur in the distance.
A few minutes later Antonio walks over and says, "I tried talking to her, but she wouldn't talk to me. I don't think she'll change her mind. I'll call you when we need to have you fill out a report."
I nod and walk inside my house, and into the living room. I look at the framed picture of the two of us from when we first met back when Gabby was on Ambo. We'd taken a picture together and I had it printed off. I hit the wall and my fist goes through it, about a foot beneath the picture.
"Dammit!" I yell as I pull my fist out. My knuckles are scraped and bleeding, so I walk to the bathroom and quickly bandage my hand...

---
Leslie Shay's POV
---
4 hours after Gabby left
---
"Shay, you need to go to bed. She might have went to her place." Kelly says.
I reply, "No, she wouldn't have gone their, Kelly. Her and Casey have had too many memories happen at both of their places. She should be back by now. She's been gone for four hours. What if she doesn't came back?"
"Then we will see her at work. Now come on let's go to bed." He tells me.
I nod and head upstairs. I turn the light off and climb in bed. A few minutes later I hear a thump come from Kelly's room. I jump up and run to his room next door.
"Are you alright?" I ask as I flip on the light.
Kelly moans and I walk over to where he's laying on the floor. I help him up and say, "It looks like you might have a slight concussion. You either need to stay up all night or someone needs to watch you."
"Shay, I'm fine and you need to sleep. Don't you have a date with that Deedee chick tomorrow?" He asks.
I tell him, "I can cancel if I have to. Now, get in bed I'll sit in the chair. What happened?"
"If your staying in here tonight your at least going to stay in the bed. I've tried sleeping in that chair. It's not possible. Now you lay down. Also I was Getting in to bed when I literally tripped on the rug." He tells me.
I walk over and lay down next to Kelly and he turns to face me. He smiles and moves a peice of hair out of my face before saying, "Sometimes I really wish you were straight, Shay."
With that he starts to roll over. I don't know what to say, but then I grab his shoulder and ask, "Why?"
"Because you are beautiful, kind, and more attractive than you think, and... I love you." Kelly says.
He takes my chin and watches my reaction, then kisses me, and I let him...

---
Gabriela Dawson's POV
---

I look out at the water and think 'I wish I could just disappear, and stop hurting the people I love.' I turn around and walk back to my car. Then, lean back in the seat after locking the doors and fall asleep...