Love Will Thaw

By OneArtsyGamer03

OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of Love Will Thaw <3 ... Elson has been isolated and alone hi... More

Frozen Heart
An Accident
Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?
For the First Time In Forever
Coronation Disaster
Let it Go!
Kristoff and Sven
In Summer!
The Storm Inside of Me
Marshmallow
Fixer Upper
Battle at the Ice Palace
Betrayal
Sacrifice
Love Will Thaw
Frozen Fever
Frozen Fever Anniversary!
Olaf's Frozen Adventure
Epilogue

Love is an Open Door

3.5K 156 56
By OneArtsyGamer03

Third Person P.O.V

The choir all vocalize in harmony above as Elson walks to the front of the room.

Anna was watching with a small smile before looking to the crowd, waving at (Y/N) before noticing Hans a row behind her. Hans waves with a smile, making her wave back and conceal a giggle at the sight of the nobleman snoring on his shoulder.

Elson takes a deep breath and bows to the height of the Bishop, allowing the Bishop to crown him. Elson leans back up, taking a deep breath as he looks down at the scepter and orb.

He starts reaching for them, flinching when the Bishop clears his throat.

"Your Majesty... the gloves..." He whispers softly with a sympathetic look, making Elson halt his actions and look down at his gloved hands.

(Y/N) anxiously watches as Elson removes his gloves, setting them down on the pillow.

Elson's hands tremble violently as he reaches forward, grabbing the two objects and facing the crowd.

The Bishop starts to recite the chanting prayer, making the crowd rise as Elson holds his breath, scanning over the people. His eyes meet (Y/N), making him quickly look away as he feels his heart flutter as he exhales before holding his breath again.

Elson's eyes flick down to his hands, eyes widening when he sees the objects starting to frost. His expression hardens as he looks back at (Y/N) in fear, and she takes in a deep breath and motions an exhale with her hand

Elson takes a deep breath, calming down slightly and stopping the frost as the Bishop finishes his chant.

"King Elson of Arendelle!" The Bishop finishes, making Elson quickly place the orb and scepter back on the pillow and yank on his gloves as the crowd begins cheering.

"King Elson of Arendelle!" The crowd repeats, continuing to cheer as Elson tightly smiles and looks around.

His eyes linger on (Y/N) before snapping forward, Anna watching in confusion when she notices. Her eyes shift to (Y/N), her expression brightening as she slowly smirks with realization that her brother had a crush.

(Y/N) smiles with relief and applauds, glad that everything has gone well so far.

...

The band plays lively music as the crowd all laugh and dance along, some clapping to the beat as a few dance in the center of everyone and finishing on the last note.

People begin clapping as Elson walks to the throne as Kai introduces, "King Elson of Arendelle."

The crowd bow to their new King as Elson stands in front of the throne, a small smile on his face.

"Princess Anna of Arendelle," Kai calls, and Anna rushes out from behind a curtain.

She stands far from Elson, making Kai sigh and approach her and she and (Y/N) wave at each other.

Elson chuckles quietly to himself as he watches the two, looking away as Kai grabs Anna.

"Oh. Here? Are you sure? Because I don't think I'm supposed to-- oh, okay..." Anna rambles and trails off as Kai firmly plants her next to Elson, scooting away slightly as she looks away from him.

The crowd clap and cheer for their King and Princess, Elson inhaling and exhaling as Anna nervously looks up at him before looking at (Y/N) for help. (Y/N) imitates two people talking with her hands, gesturing for Anna to talk to him.

Anna nervously shakes her head, gesturing for (Y/N) to come over. She shakes her head in reply, pointing to the table with the sweets before walking to it.

"Hi," his voice softly speaks, startling Anna.

She looks around briefly, her eyes owlish as she gestures to herself. "Hi... Hi me?"

Elson smiles in amusement, nodding as he tilts his head slightly.

"Oh!" Anna blinks quickly, clearing her throat. "Um... Hi."

Anna awkwardly looks away, sighing.

"You look lovely," Elson speaks gently as he compliments her, surprising Anna once again.

"Thank you," she chuckles sheepishly, dusting off imaginary dust on her dress, "You look... good. I mean, not just 'good', you don't look good. No! I meant you look amazing, uh great!" She fumbles with her words, groaning softly as she rubs her forehead.

Elson chuckles in amusement, looking over at his sister fondly. "Thank you."

Anna smiles and faces forward, happy her brother was talking to her as she bounces lightly on her feet.

"So... This is what a party looks like," Elson breathes out, looking over the crowd.

"Yeah... you know, (Y/N)'s here, too, somewhere. Without, uh, a date," Anna hints, making Elson look over at her as his eyebrows furrow lightly.

"Yeah..." He trails off and clears his throat, trying to change the subject. "What is that amazing smell?"

Anna looks to him at this, inhaling softly as he does the same.

"Chocolate."

A voice joins the two as they say this, surprising Elson and Anna.

(Y/N) appears with a grin, offering a piece of chocolate to each of the royalties.

"I swiped some before everyone else did," (Y/N) laughs, Anna eagerly taking hers and eating it. "Your Majesty," she bows to Elson, making him cringe somewhat.

"Oh... You don't have to, ah... Call me that. Elson... is fine," he awkwardly replies, Anna watching with raised brows as she widely smiles.

(Y/N) leans back up, her face showing surprise as she holds out the chocolate for him, a small smile on her face.

Elson reached out to take it, when--

"Your Majesty," Kai interrupts, making (Y/N) quickly jump back and stand beside Anna. "The Duke and Duchess of Weaseltown."

"Weselton!!" The Duchess hisses, startling Kai.

"Duke and Duchess of Weselton, Your Majesty," the Duke greets Elson, him and his sibling approaching. "Twins, so we both rule together."

"Ahem!" His sister interrupts, "as your closest partners in trade, it seems only fitting that I offer you your first dance as King."

Elson looks at his sister and friend with a small, unnoticeable cringe.

The Duchess begins to wildly dance as her brother says the steps, "one-two, and jump!"

She twirls around and stands straight, bowing.

The three all gasp and muffle laughs as her wig nearly slips off her head, the Duke not noticing. They look at each other with small snickers, Elson straightening up and clearing his throat.

"Thank you. Only... I don't dance," he apologizes softly, making the Duchess sigh in disappointment as her brother scoffs. "But my sister does!"

Anna nervously chuckles as the Duchess' brother perks up, looping his arm around hers.

"Lucky you!" Duke Weselton grins, and starts dragging her on the dance floor. "If you swoon let me know, I'll catch you!"

Anna reaches out for (Y/N) and Elson, making both laugh.

"I'm sorry," Elson apologizes once more to the Duchess.

She looks between the two with suspicion before nodding, "not a problem, Your Majesty."

She slowly disappears into the crowd, leaving Elson and (Y/N) alone.

"... That is one scary lady," (Y/N) says after a moment, making Elson chuckle and nod in agreement.

It was silent for a moment as Elson looks around nervously, not knowing what to say as his eyes shift and linger on the side of her face.

...

The Duke dances around Anna while snapping and imitating a bird, "like an agile peacock!"

He warbles and leaps, stepping on Anna's feet.

"Ow! Ow." Anna sighs, moving her hips to the lively music as he continues to dance around her.

"Speaking of... So great to have the gates open," Anna watches as his wig flaps as he bounces, "why did they shut them in the first place? Do you know the reason? Hmm?"

Anna leans back as he leans forward, a suspicious look on his face.

"No?" Anna nervously replies, making him grunt.

"No..." Duke Weselton shrugs, "all right. Hang on!"

Anna yelps as he dips her down far, her eyes meeting (Y/N)'s. (Y/N) giggles at her, making Anna playfully glare back with a smile.

"They don't call me the Little Dipper for nothing! Oh-ho!" Anna sways dizzily as he spins her around quickly. "Like a chicken with the face of a monkey! I fly!"

...

Elson's hands twitch at his sides, making him clench his fists for a moment as he takes a deep breath. He glances to the side for a moment, breaking the silence.

"I'm..." Elson starts and trails off, making (Y/N) look up at him as he grimaces and looks away. "I'm... sorry."

She was taken aback by this, her brows furrowing lightly. "Sorry...?"

"For..." Elson sighs heavily, making (Y/N) frown in confusion as he shakes his head. "For being rude and-- harsh... when we lost our parents. I was... well, a jerk, and you were only trying to help. And I pushed you away. For that, I'm sorry."

(Y/N) was taken aback as he glances at her, guilt clear in his eyes as he offers a weak smile. She opens her mouth to reply when they hear Anna yelp, Anna limping a bit as she joins the two. Elson gives (Y/N) another apologetic look before forcing a small smile as he looks to Anna, (Y/N) watching him as her expression softens to a smile of her own.

"Let me know when you're ready for another round, Milady," the Duke calls after Anna as she pants.

"Well, he was sprightly," Elson chuckles softly as Anna joins the two, using (Y/N) for support.

"Especially for a man in heels!" Anna grimaces as she lightly bounces on one foot.

"Are you alright?" Elson questions with both amusement and concern as Anna groans in pain, making her perk up as she smiles brightly.

"I've never been better! This is so nice," Anna speaks breathlessly, almost on the verge of crying tears of joy as she looks between (Y/N) and Elson. "I wish it could be like this all the time..."

"Milady," a man interrupts, making Anna sigh, dreading having another dance.

To her surprise, the young man wasn't offering her his hand, but to (Y/N). Elson's smile drops as he looks between (Y/N) and the man, feeling annoyed at him for interrupting.

"Care to join me for a dance?" He smiles, bowing slightly.

Anna removes herself from (Y/N) as (Y/N) awkwardly smiles and nods.

"Uh... Sure..."

The man loops his arm in hers, and takes her to the dance floor as Anna watches in surprise, Elson straightening up with a frown and a sigh.

"What's the sigh for?" Anna questions, looking towards (Y/N) dancing with the man as Elson blankly stares at them.

"What sigh?" he mumbles, exhaling once more deeply with irritation as his eyes narrow a bit at the sight of the man whispering to (Y/N).

"That one. The--" Anna dramatically imitates his sigh, her brow raised as she grins widely. "Now, why are you so upset, hmm?"

"I'm not upset. I am fine," Elson replies in a monotone, scoffing softly as he flexes his fingers before curling them into his palms. "Just don't see why he has to stand so close to her. It's a simple dance. And he's acting too friendly with her."

Elson pauses, sighing harshly before taking a few breaths to calm himself down, noticing Anna staring at him with wide eyes and a wide grin.

"... What?" He questions, not taking his eyes off (Y/N).

"You like her!" Anna quietly squeals, making Elson's eyes widen as he snaps his head to look at her.

"What?! No, no, I don't. She is my friend, Anna. Nothing more," Elson firmly denies with wide eyes as he shakes his head, looking back at (Y/N).

"Oh! This is so great!" Anna was practically bouncing off the walls with excitement, giddily laughing as she claps her hands. "You two would be perfect together! I mean, you even liked her when we were kids! It's totally true love--"

Elson's heart skips a beat at this as he grits his teeth, shaking his head.

"No, it's not, Anna!" Elson firmly cuts her off, startling her.

Anna's smile slowly falls as she looks up at him, tilting her head with confusion. "But... things could get better! We can all be happy again, and you and (Y/N) can be together! It'll be just like the way things were!"

"That... sounds nice" Elson trails off and sighs, looking away from (Y/N) with a pained expression. "But we can't."

Anna rapidly shakes her head, stepping closer to Elson. "Well, why not? I mean, she--"

"It just can't!" Elson snaps as he steps back and turns away from Anna, signaling the end of their conversation as she winces.

Anna lets out a heavy sigh as (Y/N) says goodbye to the man, joining the two once more.

"Hey, guys!" (Y/N) greets with a smile before frowning, noticing the obvious tension. "Woah... hey-- what's going on?"

"Excuse me," Anna quietly murmurs, and turns and disappears into the crowd as Elson sadly looks after her.

"What happened?" (Y/N) quietly questions with concern as she watches Anna leave, making Elson sigh.

"Just... Anna imagining something that could never come true," he mutters under his breath, shaking his head.

...

Anna sniffles, wiping a stray tear as she moves through the crowd.

"I'd be honored!" A man exclaims, bowing and bumping Anna.

She exclaims as she goes flying, stepping and tripping on her dress and nearly falling on the floor.

Anna gasps as someone catches her hand, looking up and meeting Hans' eyes.

"Glad I caught you," he chuckles, holding a drink in one hand.

"Hans!" Anna greets in relief, Hans setting his drink down on a tray and pulling her up to him.

She chuckles as the two begin dancing to the waltz, and Anna tries to forget what happened.

...

"I often had the whole parlor to myself to slide!" Anna gestures with her hands, gasping as she smacks Hans in the face.

He holds his nose before chuckling as she apologizes.

...

"Your physique helps, I'm sure, too," Anna compliments as they stroll on the stone pathway to the garden, Hans humming and chuckling.

...

Both silently walk through the garden, and Hans playfully nudges her shoulder with his.

She does it back, making him slightly gasp at how strong she was before both chuckle, and he notices something.

"What's this?" Hans questions, gesturing to her hair.

"Oh. U-uh, I was born with it," Anna replies, smoothing the white piece of hair as she sheepishly shrugs. "Although, I dreamt I was kissed by a troll."

"I like it."

...

Hans holds a piece of chocolate, taking a small bite before Anna encourages him to eat the whole thing as the two sit on a railing.

"The whole thing!" She laughs as he shoves the chocolate in his mouth, "you got it!"

Both laugh as he finishes it, and she backtracks, recalling their conversation.

"Okay, wait, wait. So, you have how many brothers?"

"Twelve older brothers," Hans replies with a sigh, placing his hand on the rail. "Three of them pretended I was invisible. Literally. For two years."

"That's horrible..." Anna frowns, making Hans chuckle.

"It's what brothers do."

"I hear that," Anna sighs, bitterly smiling as she shakes her head. "Elson and I were really close when we were little. But then... One day, he just... shut me out. And I never knew why."

Hans places his hand over Anna's as she looks down.

"I would never shut you out," Hans gently speaks, making her smile up at him as her heart races.

"Okay, can I just... say something crazy?"

"I love crazy," Hans chuckles, nodding.

"All my life has been a series of doors in my face. And then suddenly I bumped into you," Anna shuts the balcony door, looking at Hans with a smile.

"I was thinking the same thing, because, like... I've been searching my whole life to find my own place," Hans gestures to Arendelle before walking to Anna, "and maybe it's the party talking, or the chocolate fondue."

Anna giggles as he caresses her cheek with his finger, walking past him.

"But with you..."

"But with you I've found my place..."

They face one another with bright smiles.

"I see your face!"

Both jump onto a table, spinning around with each other.

"And it's nothing like I've ever known before! Love is an open door!"

Anna bursts open the door, racing around the side as Hans goes around the other side.

"Love is an open... door!"

"Door!" Hans surprises her, lifting her up by her waist and setting her down.

...

"Love is an open door," the two slide along the polished wooden floor in their socks, nearly slipping.

"With you!" Anna grins, helping Hans balance.

"With you!" He grins back as he flails a bit.

"With you!"

"With you!"

"Love is an open door..."

A guard opens the door just as the two reach the end, hiding behind the door with snickers.

...

Anna and Hans climb on the room, looking up at the dazzling stars.

"I mean it's crazy..."

"What?" Anna grins.

"We finish each other's--"

"Sandwiches!"

"That's what I was gonna say!" Hans laughs as he follows Anna.

...

Both stroll on the bridge, balancing on the side.

"I've never met someone who thinks so much like me!"

Both gasp, looping pinkies twice.

"Jinx! Jinx again!"

...

Both stand in front of the bell tower clock, dancing in sync.

"Our mental synchronization can have but one explanation!"

"You..." Hans grins as she follows his lead.

"And I..."

"Were..."

"Just meant to be!"

Both gracefully dance together along the lighthouse, their silhoutes moving smoothly along the light.

"Say goodbye!"

"Say goodbye to the pain of the past. We don't have to feel it anymore" they sing together, Hans dipping her down.

...

"Love is an open door!"

Hans looks around for Anna as she hides in the stables.

...

He races after her as they climb under a waterfall, over onto small ledge.

"Love is an open door!"

"Door!" Hans joins her, spinning her around and both face Arendelle.

"Life can be so much more! With you!"

"With you," Hans spins her once more, smiling.

"With you!"

"With you!"

"Love is an open door..." Both finish, Anna forming the bottom part of the heart under the moon as Hans forms the top.

"Can I say something crazy?" Hans grins as Anna giggles. He gets down on one knee, surprising her. "Will you marry me?"

"Can I say something even crazier? Yes!" Anna grins widely, Hans smiling up at her.

...
..
.

absolutely not good lady

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 7.8K 44
You are just an orphan girl from the Southern Isles trying to get by. When the stormy wind blows your ship into the harbour of Arendelle your life ta...
101K 3.2K 26
Word count- 41,964 (Y/n) grew up close to the royal family. Her mother being the queen's closest friend. Though she was close with both the girls, sh...
7.2K 198 21
Anna knows how Kristoff feels about her. But ever since what happened with Hans, she can't bring herself to trust it. She's too afraid of love. She t...
25.8K 1.1K 19
A Yandere Elsa x Reader Fanfic When Anna dies by a frozen heart, Elsa doesn't crumple or wither in despair. Instead she lets the darkness she's been...