Too true to be

By Ayrivynne

Have you ever fallen in love with a person you've only seen online? Chatted with online? That's what happened... More

You flatter me so
A lonely day at school (Arthur)
An everyday (Francis)
Who wouldn't?
Y-You?
I can't, I couldn't (Francis)
It's nothing..(Arthur)
Favor (Francis)
Ahn..Embarrassing
Remember
Francis!?
Fluff Night
Saturday Shut in
Sunday Promise
Monday Chatter (Arthur)
Graduation
And they lived...
A/N: Thank You

Wait..Wait what?

1.3K 92 30
By Ayrivynne

(First Author's Note, I was going to leave the first AN for the an Epilogue chapter, but I want to say I appreciate you all and this will be my first time finishing an actual fanfic from start to end. I might update more early too. )

It was early Friday morning. 4:08 AM. Arthur was asleep in bed as his phone went off. Jerking up, hair disheveled and eyes groggy, he slammed his hand on his phone trying to set it on snooze. But when he realized it wasn't his alarm, he sat up.

"Who can be calling at this hour?" questioned the Brit.

Voice hoarse as he picked his phone up, giving a small hello. On the other line was Roderich. He sounded alarmed and hesitant which made him perk up.

"Roderich? You're calling early. Has something happened?"

The Austrian man pursed his lips as he held the note in his hand. He has a recital tonight; he won't be able to go to prom with Arthur. Guilt hung in his heart as he took in a deep breath.

"Yes, I apologize Arthur." he started, "But I have drastic news."

The once tired green eyes shot wide awake as he heard Roderich. Drastic news?! Did it involve his parents? Has something happened to him? Arthur laid back down.

"I have a piano recital tonight and I can't accompany you to prom."

His heart sunk. That was the last thing he wanted to hear from the man that had asked him. Arthur's chest squeezed as his breathing picked up speed. His lips trembled as he opened his mouth to speak. Nothing came out.

"Arthur?"

He gulped and closed his eyes. He needed to calm down, stop being so emotional. His grip on his phone loosened as he tried to relax.

"A recital. That's fantastic Roderich, you go on. Don't worry about me."

Roderich sat on his bed, there was someone way better. He knew that. He always had a feeling that there is. But that doesn't give him the reassurance that he has to abandon Arthur like this. But it's better than causing drama at school.

"I apologize Arthur for such inconvenience."

"No, no. it was on short notice I presume. You can't do anything on that can you? I wish you my best wishes Roderich."

Though, since they were still up, they continued to talk about what should happen at school. A fear the both of them have at the moment. It was up until Roderich needed to go back to sleep that Arthur's mind trailed back to Francis. Francis hasn't troubled him for a while... He hasn't been chatting with Francis for a while!! The British man slapped himself. How could he do that to him?!

"He's bound to hate me now." Arthur said hoarsely, "But it's for the best right?"

Not a lot of people like him. He wasn't the most popular, but he tried. He didn't fit in anywhere. Not even the unpopular people were fond of him.

-

Arthur trudged to school, eyes dull and groggy. When he was on school campus, the usual group of girls surrounded Roderich. He forced a grim smile when they met eyes. The Austrian softening his gaze as he approached him. This was their plan.

"Arthur? May I have a moment?"

"Of course."

It was going to be a casual, informative leaving. Just as this morning, Arthur was to ' be surprised ', but congratulate him on his show. All calm and no drama.

"That's amazing news Roderich. I'm happy for you." said Arthur.

"Thank you Arthur, but I won't be able to accompany you to prom."

"It's really no worries chap, this is more important. Go on."

The girls frowned and aw'd. It was sad to see and hear that the violet eyed man won't be going to prom. Arthur was the least important person that was on their mind. They didn't even take mind in Arthur standing there. The two males waved and nodded each other a good day. This could have gone worst.

As the day went on by, his mind kept on trailing back to the Frenchman he came to love. Would it be too late to talk to him like they used to? Troubling thoughts rolled in his head as the last hour of the day came to an end. He packed his belongings, got up and walked out of the class.

"I'm scared..but I'll try."

The Brit walked on home hurriedly. It was time to face things with confidence. Although..The time to face Francis and tell him that he loves him...Is far from today. When he'll ever tell Francis, he has no idea. But maybe one day he'll tell him. Even if the Frenchman has someone to call a lover.

"I'm home mother, father."

"Aye Art, your little lover is waiting for ya upstairs." said Allistor as he past by the living room.

Francis was waiting for him...He called early? The Frenchman knows his schedule, so why did he call early? Arthur nodded slowly and went upstairs as fast as he could. In his room his computer was on. On the screen was the Frenchman.

"Arthur~ it's been soo long, non?" He chimed happily.

He didn't seem mad. Well Arthur has never seen the other mad before, so maybe he was that kind of person when he was mad. The blond teen set his pack down and walked over to his desk, sitting down on the chair.

"Yes, it has."

Francis smiled; his hand supporting his head as it leaned on it. His eyes shone bright just as always. He looked perfectly fine. Not angry, not sad, but yet not so happy. The British man shook his head ever so slightly. He was reading into this a little too far.

"You wanted to speak to me."

"Yes, I called early so I can catch you before you left for your prom."

Arthur's heart clenched tightly as he heard Francis's reasoning. He doesn't know..He doesn't know that Roderich has a recital tonight. He doesn't know that he left him. His lips pursed as he looked down. Francis tilted his head in confusion, but of course this is an act. Arthur doesn't know that right now, he was so close to him. So close it wanted to make him explode.

"What's wrong? I know something is bothering you." said Francis, "Don't lie to me."

He could never...Well he could never tell him the full truth. But this was something that he needed to know. Arthur shuffled in his seat uncomfortably before looking up at Francis.

"Roderich can't take me to prom. He has a recital tonight. They sent his family a letter on short notice."

Francis's reaction was both genuine and practiced. More so practiced.  He didn't expect them to actually pressure the boy like that. Even if Allistor told him that they'd tell him the night before or on Friday. The boy  wanted to go to prom too.

"Oh Arthur.." he trailed.

"I guess I'm not goi-"

"No no, you're going." Francis intervened.

The green eyed teen look at Francis crazy. He still wanted him to go?? Alone at that?! Oh this is payback. This is payback for those lost days. He panicked and tapped on his desk.

"Eh?! Wh-why would you want me to go even if I don't have anyone to go with!?"

All he saw was a small grin and heard a chuckle. This shocked him. This is funny to him, what kind of torment does he enjoy?

"You think that's funny??" he asked hurt.

"No. but it find it funny that you think it's wrong to go alone."

But it is wrong to go alone. People just stare and gossip, it's embarrassing. But wait- shouldn't Francis be at his prom? After all his timezone is ahead of his.

"Francis, aren't you suppose to be at your prom right now?"

"Me? Oh yes I am, but I figured I can wait for you. After all what are friends for?"

Friends. That word stung him bad. The word that insisted that he had no chance with him. Arthur gave a weak smile anyways and nodded, but something seemed wrong. Not with his emotions, but with Francis. He wasn't in his room. Arthur knew the usual background of his room, how could he not notice that earlier?

"Francis. You're not..You're not in your room."

"So you've noticed." the Frenchman responded.

Francis was actually in a guest bedroom of the Oxenstierna household. Allistor told them all about their plan and Tino was very happy to help. Berwald showed a neutral interest, but nodded in agreement.

"You're getting off topic now. Go on and get ready. you better go or else I'll be disappointed."

Arthur stared at Francis. He couldn't say no. No matter how much he wanted to. The Brit pursed his lips and agreed, giving the Frenchman a final smile before they nodded each other a farewell.

And good luck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 183 22
Arthur is deaf, not stupid, so why is it that Francis worried and cared so much? They had only just met. Art by @poxtra on Instagram/Wattpad
1.6K 122 10
England wrote a letter once, many, many years ago. A confession of sorts. He set it out to be mailed one day, but it was lost to the sands of times...
2K 165 15
Francis and Arthur have known each other since grade school. After years of separation and longing, Francis and Arthur meet again at their school reu...
930 60 12
Just as romance was beginning to blossom between Arthur and Francis, Arthur mysteriously Disappears without a trace. Being very confused, Francis tri...