The Events After Lord Of The...

Av LonelyStar717

The world is at peace. With the war over, new adventures have begun, and new friendships have sprouted. But w... Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 6

64 3 2
Av LonelyStar717

  The four of you all trudged through the forest, now taking the alternative route that Legolas had suggested. You trudged through soggy patches of grass, occasionally looking up at the trees in wonder. They rose high above your head, twisted branches intertwining with other trees. You could imagine the elves of the Woodland Realm running along these very branches, shooting at the Spiders that had occupied this very land years ago. You could have sworn you could hear the screams and defiant yells of the dwarves, and the near-silent footsteps of the sure-footed elves. This place seemed to draw you into a whole other fantasy, taking you back in time. You shook your head, trying to clear it, for you knew this place could play with your mind; even though Sauron was gone, the evil of this place had not yet fully faded. You focused on the road before you, which was in the least intriguing.

Dark green, light green, brown mud, black burnt tree, boring. Nothing seemed to catch your eye, but the actual thought that you were in one of the most well-known fantasy worlds kept you on your toes. You kept your gaze on the back of Legolas, the only lifeline each of the three of you had. Without him, you were bound to get lost.

The four of you came to a sharp bend in the path, then another one right after that. Your foot suddenly got caught on a root and you fell with a yelp. Legolas whirled around, grabbing your arms right before you hit the ground, pulling you up. You brushed yourself off, feeling heat rise to your cheeks.

"Thanks," you mumbled.

Legolas nodded, then turned back to face the path ahead. He moved as if to continue, then froze. He suddenly dropped into a crouch, signalling for you and the others to do the same. You dropped into a crouch, the hairs on the back of your neck standing up. You peeked over Legolas' shoulder and followed his gaze, but you couldn't see what he was looking at.

"What is it, Legolas?" Aragorn hissed.

Legolas held up a hand, not looking at Aragorn. Aragorn squeezed past you and crawled over to Legolas, following his gaze. You couldn't see his reaction, but you saw him stiffen. Gimli was shifting uncomfortably behind you, trying to peer over your shoulder. A long moment passed, the forest silent. Your legs began to cramp, and you shifted your weight. Suddenly a loud shriek pierced the air, and you jolted in surprise. It had been the sound of an animal that had unfortunately found its end. Legolas and Aragorn suddenly dropped even lower, and they signalled hastily for you and Gimli to do the same. You did, as well as a grumbling Gimli. You nudged him with your foot, and he didn't make another sound. Voices began to be heard, and you crouched lower instinctively. They sounded light and rich at the same time.

"Did you get it?"

"Yes. We will eat well tonight."

The Woodland elves! It was the Woodland elves! You might have died from excitement if you hadn't been hiding from them, but the very fact that there were WOODLAND ELVES in the woods near you, well, it gave you goosebumps. They were such cool fairytale creatures.

The soft footsteps on the ground suddenly stopped. "We're being watched," you heard one of them whisper. You stiffened, as well as the rest of the group. They knew we were here. You looked to Legolas desperately, knowing he was the only one who could save you guys now.

Legolas was crawling forward stealthily, practically flat on the leafy ground. You followed, a little less stealthily, but stealthy nonetheless. Soft footsteps began to grow closer to them, and you realised you were holding your breath. Then you remembered. Your power! Maybe you could call an animal, distract the elves! But they might kill it...was it really worth it? You shook your head, dismissing the thought. You had to save your new friends. You reached out in your mind, listening, listening. You heard many thoughts, but most were from the tiny critters under the earth. The thoughts were slowly fading from the fading animal that had been killed by the elves. Nothing else was near, except...birds. Birds would be a great distraction, and would prove difficult to shoot. That would be the perfect solution. You reached out to it, focusing. You felt another presence probing around, but it was soft, but at the same time desperate. Another animal speaker? But who...Legolas. It had to be Legolas. So he'd already thought of this idea long before you had. Greeeat. Well, he probably had much more experience with talking with animals than you. But the presence was somewhat weak, as if his power was not as great. You frowned, pushing yourself through the dry leaves. But you couldn't be stronger than Legolas, could you? At least with animal speak. You shook your head again, clearing the thoughts away. You had to focus on saving your friends. You reached out to the nearest bird, calling it with your mind.

Birdie!!!

No response. You growled, annoyed and beginning to feel a bit panicked, for the footsteps were coming closer.

Birdie! Bird, come on! I need your help!

An elf?

You started, amazed that the bird would actually respond. Overcome with joy and panic, you replied hurriedly, What? No, I'm not an elf. But I need your help. See those two elves? I need you to distract them. Please. It's kinda life or death or be put in a dungeon for the rest of your life kinda thing.

You are different. But I will not turn down an innocent being. We are all living things, after all.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!

A sudden loud squawk sounded overhead, and a mighty bird swooped down from a nearby tree. It looked at least the size of an eagle, maybe twice the size. It swooped out of view, but you still heard the startled exclamations on the two elves. You nudged Legolas who had stopped ahead of you.

"Go!" you whispered.

He leaped to his feet and sprung down the small hill before them, disappearing out of sight. You followed him as quickly as you could, knowing that the elves could spot you any second. You dived behind a nearby bush, breathing hard, and realised that Legolas was beside you, peeking over the top of the bush. Aragorn and Gimli followed close behind, skidding to a stop and dropping to a crouch. You peeked over the bush, eager to see what was happening. The great bird was swooping on the elves, pecking them and letting out mighty cries of triumph. The elves drew their bows, preparing to shoot.

Run! Your job is done; we're safe!

The bird hesitated, giving the elves a free shot. They shot, and one of the arrows grazed the bird's wing. It let out a cry of pain, then turned around and fled.

Thank you, birdie.

Now you must fly, whispered the bird.

You turned to Aragorn. "We need to go, quickly," you whispered.

Aragorn looked to Legolas, and Legolas nodded, staring at you in an odd way. "You did that, didn't you?" he murmured.

Embarrassed, you nodded. He stared a moment longer, then turned and jogged down the hill stealthily. You and the others followed, you all the while wondering why Legolas was so confusing and closed up.

A few minutes later you all came to a halt, you and Gimli panting heavily. Aragorn was panting a little, while Legolas seemed perfectly fine, if not a little excited. They'd stopped behind a small hill that sloped down before them, and a medium, elegant bridge lay before them. At the end of the bridge lay the Woodland elves' kingdom, its walls made of smooth stone. It seemed to be part of the large mountain that was before them; it looked as if it melted into the mountain, the entrance the only visible part of the kingdom. You peered over the ledge beside Legolas, intrigued in the view. Everything seemed to be more alive closer to the kingdom: the trees were greener and less dead and twisted, even there were more birds and animals. Small shrubs sprouted here and there, decorating the rough terrain. You found it oddly beautiful. You spared Legolas a quick glance, and was surprised to see a twinge of longing in his blue eyes. Of course, this had been his former home. Of course he'd miss it. Living with his friends would mean everything to him, but the woods were like home to him and it would feel natural instead of living in the walls of Minas Tirith.

Legolas seemed to snap out of his trance and he turned to the rest of the small group. "We go straight through, request a speech with my father, then we'll see what happens then."

"Doesn't sound very thorough," Gimli argued.

"We haven't got much else," Legolas said.

"We should have at least some other plan," Gimli insisted. "What if the elves take our weapons? What if they shove us in the dungeons as soon as we get in? What if–"

"They will indeed take our weapons," Legolas informed him patiently. "And if they put us in the dungeons, I know of a way out. I have guarded them for many years, I know my way around their locks."

Gilmi looked like he was about to argue some more, but Aragorn butted in quickly. "We'll take what we can get." He nodded to Legolas. "Let's go."

Legolas nodded and turned, leaping over the top of the hill to slide down towards the bridge. You followed, a lot less gracefully, and landed in a mess at the bottom. Legolas helped you up and pulled you out of the way just as Gimli came crashing down after you. Aragorn followed stealthily. Legolas motioned for them to follow, and he stood up straight and walked out into plain view on the bridge and began to approach the kingdom's gates. You, Aragorn and Gimli fanned out behind him. Two guards were positioned at the end, guarding the great doors. They stiffened when they saw the four of you, instantly raising their spears. Even though they were on the other end of the bridge, you could tell that their movements were hesitant, and maybe even a bit fearful. They were afraid of Legolas. Thranduil had sown lies into his soldier's minds.

Legolas held up his hands as he approached, showing he was harmless. That didn't help the guards, though, it just made them stiffen more from the sudden movement. They came to a halt before the two guards.

"I have come in peace," Legolas said. "I would like to request an audience with my father."

"You will find no welcome here, murderer!" the first guard snapped.

The second guard nudged him, and he shut his mouth with a snap. "Why are you here, Legolas?"

Legolas peered closer at the guard, then seemed to recognise the soldier, as his eyes widened in recognition and joy. "Algar."

The elf gave a hesitant nod of confirmation, looking torn between loyalty to his friend or loyalty to the king's hidden lies. Legolas looked a little disappointed, but seemed to shrug it off, staring at Algar with a smile. "I already told you. I request an audience with my father."

Algar looked to the other guard, then quickly back at Legolas. "Legolas, you know the chances of that happening are less than the chances of Sauron coming back. You didn't seriously come here thinking you'd be allowed, did you?"

"I'm here, aren't I?" Legolas said.

Algar sighed. Legolas took a step closer so only Algar would hear his next words, but you were able to just catch it. "My father will want to see me if he thinks I am the killer. Get me an audience, and we can settle this matter quickly."

Algar frowned, then nodded reluctantly. He turned to enter the palace, gesturing for the other guard to remain. He turned back at the last moment, saying, "I hope you know what you're doing, Legolas. Your father's mind has become troubled and tangled." Then he left.

Legolas stared after him, and you stared at the other guard. Clearing your throat, you attempted to engage in conversation. "Um, hi," you said quietly.

The guard looked at you, his movements nervous and stiff. He gave a single nod of acknowledgement.

Sighing, you tried again. "My name's Y/N. What's yours?"

The guard remained silent, staring at the group of you uncertainly. Of course, he'd be no match up against all four of you, and the thought of that must be sending shivers of fear throughout him.

"Hey, we're not gonna hurt you," you said, trying to sound friendly. Well, you hoped not. The others seemed non-threatening, so you tried to put your confidence in your words. "By the way, I think the Woodland Realm is totally one of the coolest places in Middle-Earth. You guys are so lucky to live here."

"...Not as lucky as you'd think," the guard muttered.

"What do you mean?" you asked in surprise. "Surely Mirkwood is the best! At least that's what I figured from the books..."

"Our land is not once what it has been," the guard admitted. Legolas' ears pricked up and he turned his head slightly to listen in to the conversation. The guard, oblivious to other ears listening in, continued his quiet confession. "Our king is not well, we believe. He acts strange, and we do not know what to do about it. Now he accuses his own son of murder! I do not know what to do anymore. If you think you can help our king, I will do anything to help you."

Surprised at his sudden confession and his easily trusting personality, you stared at him. "Is it so bad that you'd tell any passerby to help?" you asked in confusion.

"No, I would never do that," the guard said, quite indignantly. "I know who you all are." He turned to the others, addressing them as well. "Legolas, King Thranduil's son, Aragorn, King of Gondor, and Gimli, son of Gloin, one of the mighty dwarfs to retake the Lonely Mountain. But I do not know you, but I believe I can trust you if you are travelling with these folk."

"Yeah, well, I kinda just dropped in recently," you said sheepishly. "By accident. Anyway, yep, you can totally trust us. We're gonna take back the Woodland Realm and kick Thranduil's butt til he realises what he's doing, then get this kingdom some rebuilding. Like, all the lies Thranduil would have sown into your fellow soldier's heads? They're gonna need some serious therapy, guys."

There was a moment's silence, and you looked around at the others. They were all staring at you, an equal look of surprise written on their faces. "What? Was it something I said?"

"Yes, Lady Y/N," Aragorn said, smiling. "Your words are full of confidence. How can you be so sure of success when you have only been with us for a few days?"

"I've read the books," was all you could think of to say.

You were all interrupted, as Algar had returned, a grim look on his face. "The king will see you all."

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

149K 4.2K 33
You are sucked into the Realm of Middle Earth accidentally, and are bound to the ring! If you don't find a way to unbind yourself from it, you will p...
34.9K 1.7K 82
highest ranking: #1 in Aralas (30.04.22) "My heart finally left me, when I proposed to Arwen with the Ring of Barahir. Finally the grief had gone and...
105K 3.9K 44
❝There's some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.❞ - Samwise Gamgee After Erebor was reclaimed Athena reu...
402K 10.4K 32
War is brewing, and the people of Middle Earth are preparing for it. Among them is Averael: a Ranger from the North, and one of the last of the Duned...