Broken Vow

Da zahrah_mukhtar

On losing her husband, Zain Hashim on their wedding day, Hanan Aali made a Vow to remain his widow for the re... Altro

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 3
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 18

254 39 55
Da zahrah_mukhtar

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
He who called (people) to righteousness, there would be reward (assured) for him like the rewards of those who adhered to it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. And he who called (people) to error, he shall have to carry (the burden) of its sin, like those who committed it, without their sins being diminished in any respect.

Sahih Muslim, 2674
In-Book Reference: Book 47, Hadith 30

*****

On a Sunday, marking the end of the weekend, Hanan was seated on the sofa in her room. Suddenly, her stomach rumbled, fixating her mind on the thought of a decadent chocolate cake. The craving overwhelmed her, prompting her to rise with determination and head straight to her kitchen.

"Excuse me, ma'am. How can I assist you?" The two chefs inquired simultaneously as soon as they spotted Hanan.

"Thank you, but I'll handle it. You can leave the kitchen. I'm going to bake a cake," Hanan asserted as she stepped further into the kitchen.

"But Sir instructed us not to let you cook," One of the chefs stated, her voice tinged with apprehension.

"Don't worry, he won't take any action against you. I'm the one that said I'll cook," Hanan reassured, offering a slight smile to the chef.

"Alright, ma'am," The chefs hesitantly agreed and left the kitchen as Hanan requested.

Hanan meticulously scoured her pantry and refrigerator, collecting the necessary ingredients for her chocolate cake: all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, eggs, butter, baking powder, milk, and a pinch of salt. With the ingredients assembled, she began crafting her cake.

Setting up a mixing bowl on the counter, Hanan combined the softened butter and sugar. Using a hand mixer, she blended them until the mixture turned creamy and pale. One by one, she added the eggs, beating well after each addition. The air was filled with an aroma of anticipation.

In another bowl, Hanan combined the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. She whisked the dry ingredients together to ensure even distribution. Gradually, she incorporated this mixture into the wet ingredients, alternating with small amounts of milk, and continued to blend until a smooth batter formed.

Meanwhile, she preheated the oven to the recommended temperature while also greasing and flouring her round cake pan.

Hanan was pouring the luscious chocolate batter into the cake pan when Ammar's voice interrupted her.

"Hanan, what are you doing?" Ammar inquired, his expression accusatory, as though she had committed a grave offense.

"I'm baking a cake," Hanan responded, placing the bowl aside after finishing pouring the chocolate batter into the pan.

"Why bother doing that? You can simply ask one of the chefs to take care of it for you. After all, that's their purpose here," Ammar suggested, his tone implying exasperation.

"Where are the chefs?" Ammar's voice reverberated through the mansion.

"We're here, Sir," the chefs quickly entered the kitchen, a hint of fear in their eyes.

"Why is MY WIFE resorting to baking a cake on her own when I hired you to handle that so she wouldn't have to go through this?" Ammar's tone was icy, causing a cold sweat to bead on the chefs' foreheads.

"Ammar, let's not blow this out of proportion," Hanan interjected, but Ammar raised his hand, silencing her.

"Give me an explanation," Ammar turned his gaze towards the chefs, his expression unwavering.

"Apologies, Sir. It won't happen again," They offered their sincere regrets.

"I hired the best chefs to cook in my home, not to make my wife cook. Do you comprehend? This is the final instance of such an incident," Ammar's tone remained firm, and the chefs nodded with relief that they weren't dismissed.

While they were indeed the top chefs in Nigeria, they recognized that if Ammar fired them, their careers would be in jeopardy, unable to continue as chefs after such a fall from grace.

One might question why they worked in his house despite owning their restaurants. Well, Ammar had effectively coerced them into cooking in his house, asserting that he wanted his wife to enjoy delectable cuisine. They couldn't defy Ammar, fearing the potential ruin of their lives. Moreover, the generous salary he offered was beyond comparison, tripling their monthly earnings from their restaurants.

"Ammar, come with me," Hanan held Ammar's hand as they left the kitchen, entering a room downstairs and shutting the door.

"Could you enlighten me on your intentions?" Hanan's brow arched inquisitively.

"I'm merely rectifying matters," Ammar replied, nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders.

"Ammar, you can't forbid me from cooking in my own home!" Hanan's frustration was palpable.

"I understand Sweetheart, but I'm doing this for your well-being. I want to spare you from the toil of cooking. You needn't lift a finger; your beauty is enough," Ammar winked playfully.

"Ammar, I'm dead serious. I must cook in my house, or I'll leave the house for you," Hanan's anger was apparent.

"You're not even fond of cooking," Ammar pointed out.

"How do you know that?" Hanan's eyes widened in surprise.

"I have my ways," Ammar smirked.

"Even if cooking isn't my passion, it doesn't mean I can't cook when I wish to. Whenever the mood strikes, I will cook, and you can't stop me," Hanan asserted.

"Alright, you're free to cook whenever you desire. I'll inform the chefs," Ammar relented, his hands raised in surrender, acknowledging he couldn't win the argument.

"Good," Hanan responded, opening the room's door and exiting, Ammar trailing behind.

Upon returning to the kitchen, Ammar conveyed the news to the chefs, leaving them surprised by the unexpected change.

Ammar instructed the chefs to vacate the kitchen, granting Hanan space to continue her cake-making endeavor. However, Ammar remained nearby, offering a stream of comments as she worked.

"Ammar, could you please leave the kitchen? Perhaps you could go to your study, allowing me to focus on baking the cake," Hanan requested after placing the cake pan in the preheated oven.

"Sorry, but I'll stay here until the cake is ready, especially since it's nearly done," Ammar shook his head, determined to remain present making Hanan sigh.

***

"Wow, this cake is delicious, Sweetheart. I didn't know you had this cake-baking talent," Ammar complimented after taking a bite of the cake, savoring its delightful taste.

"Thank you," Hanan replied with a smile, taking a bite of the cake herself.

"If not I want to spare you from working. I might have asked you to make the cake for me every day," Ammar remarked, his smile sweetly directed at Hanan.

"I'd gladly bake the cake for you every day," Hanan reciprocated with a smile.

"Really?" Ammar's eyes lit up with excitement.

"Nope, you mentioned not wanting to see me in the kitchen, so I won't bake the cake for you. As you know, I must obey my husband," Hanan innocently declared, causing a playful disappointment to appear on Ammar's face.

"Why the sad expression? Weren't you the one who caused a scene earlier when you caught me baking?" Hanan teased with a smirk.

"Yes," Ammar nodded in agreement, prompting Hanan to burst into laughter.

"Am I amusing you that much?" Ammar feigned anger, his playful tone evident.

"Not amusing, just incredibly cute a moment ago," Hanan managed to utter between fits of laughter, eliciting a smile from Ammar.

"I'd be more than happy to bake the cake for you, but not daily," Hanan stated after her laughter subsided.

"Thank you, Sweetheart," Ammar expressed his gratitude, his smile directed warmly at Hanan, who returned the gesture.

***

The following day, Hanan had just returned from the orphanage and was in her room, fresh out of the shower, when a knock interrupted her thoughts.

Quickly draping herself in a hijab, Hanan called out, "Come in."

"Good evening, Ma'am. You have a guest," A maid informed her as she entered the room.

"Who is it?" Hanan asked, curious about the unexpected visitor.

"She said she's Sir's sister," The maid replied, leaving Hanan surprised by Samreen's presence at her house.

"Alright, I'll be there soon," Hanan responded, and the maid left the room.

Hanan swiftly changed into a maxi dress and draped a veil loosely over her head before heading downstairs to the living room.

"Assalamu alaikum," Hanan greeted as she entered.

Hanan's amusement was barely hidden when she noticed Samreen's attire – a knee-length blouse paired with jeans and a headscarf. What did she expect from a girl that lived her life in the United States?

"Waalaikumussalam," Samreen replied.

Appreciating that the maid had already brought refreshments, Hanan took a seat beside Samreen, mustering a polite smile.

"I thought I was going to spend the whole day waiting for you to appear," Samreen commented.

"My apologies, I had just finished showering when you arrived," Hanan explained, maintaining a pleasant demeanor despite her reservations about Samreen.

"It's fine," Samreen nodded.

"How have you been? I didn't expect your visit," Hanan attempted to initiate a conversation.

"It's my brother's house, so I can come whenever," Samreen replied, her tone laced with an undercurrent of disdain.

"Yes, of course, it's your brother's house," Hanan acknowledged, choosing to disregard the underlying hostility.

"Hanan, you know I don't like you, right?" Samreen cut to the chase, startling Hanan with her straightforwardness.

"Yes," Hanan replied, finding herself oddly amused by Samreen's bluntness.

"I have reasons for that dislike, and if I told you, you might understand," Samreen said, sitting up and fixing her gaze on Hanan.

"Alright," Hanan agreed.

"Here's the thing – you're marrying my best friend's fiancé, who also happens to be my brother," Samreen revealed, leaving Hanan utterly shocked.

"I can imagine your surprise," Samreen continued.

"Ya Ammar and Nadia are a couple that's deeply in love. Their love story began in their teenage years and has only grown stronger over time. They were the embodiment of a perfect match. However, everything changed when…" Samreen trailed off, hinting at an untold part of the story.

"Why aren't they married if their love was so strong?" Hanan inquired, scrutinizing Samreen to assess the authenticity of her story.

"I didn't intend to share all the details today, but I'll give you a glimpse. And to make you believe, take a look at this," Samreen handed Hanan her iPhone.

Hanan's grip on the phone nearly faltered as she gazed at a picture of Ammar and Nadia embracing. The affection between them was palpable, and the image spoke volumes about their connection, even though they appeared slightly younger.

"She looks familiar... This is Nadia Kabeer!" Hanan exclaimed in realization.

"Yes, it's her. You must be familiar with her – she's Nigeria's best fashion designer, ranked among the top ten globally," Samreen stated, her tone exuding satisfaction.

Hanan continued scrolling through the images, each one stirring an unfamiliar sensation within her. Was it jealousy she felt at seeing Ammar with another woman?

"Why did Ammar choose to marry me instead of Nadia?" Hanan inquired, handing Samreen back her iPhone.

"I didn't want to tell you this, you must understand the situation you're in," Samreen responded, adjusting her sitting position.

"The sole reason Ammar married you is for revenge," Samreen dropped a bombshell.

"I don't comprehend. Why would Ammar marry me out of revenge? Who is he taking revenge against?" Hanan's confusion was evident, she struggled to grasp Samreen's revelation.

"He's taking revenge against you and your family!" Samreen's voice escalated slightly.

Hanan was dumbfounded by Samreen's assertion. "Revenge against me and my family? What could we possibly have done to him?"

"More than you realize, but I can't disclose the specifics. I can't tell you why he's taking revenge against you and your family. If you're curious, you should ask him directly about his reasons for revenge," Samreen answered.

Hanan fell silent for a moment, struggling to digest the shocking information. She couldn't fathom why Ammar would hold a grudge against her and her family.

But she thought Ammar loved her genuinely. Could all the affection he showed her be a façade?

"If you're unwilling to share everything, why even start telling me?" Hanan questioned, sensing Samreen had an ulterior motive.

"You're perceptive, Hanan. I'll give you that," Samreen remarked with a smirk.

"Nadia has been suffering ever since Ammar's marriage to you, it's taking a toll on her. She's like a sister to me, and I cannot understand idly watching my best friend endure this. Hanan, I implore you to help my best friend by leaving Ammar so that she can marry him," Samreen pleaded, her eyes reflecting her earnest request.

"Why should I leave him so that she can marry him? Can't she marry him while I'm still his wife?" Hanan challenged, struggling to absorb the information Samreen was sharing.

"Ammar stated he'll only have one wife, which is why he didn't marry Nadia but married you. He claims he'll marry Nadia only after his revenge is complete and after he divorces you. However, I see no end in sight for his revenge, and Nadia continues to suffer. That's why I'm asking you to leave him. If you do, he might immediately marry Nadia, and perhaps he'll relent on taking revenge against you and your family."

"Your words don't make sense to me," Hanan admitted candidly.

"It's alright if you don't find my words convincing, but I assure you that what I've said is true," Samreen responded.

"By the way, Nadia is in Nigeria right now, specifically in your husband's office. She went straight to the company upon arrival. If you're skeptical, you can verify it yourself," Samreen informed her, causing Hanan's eyes to widen in surprise.

"Visit Ya Ammar's office and confirm for yourself. Have you ever wondered why he's yet to return from work?" Samreen pointed out. Hanan glanced at the clock and realized it was nearly 6 p.m., much later than when Ammar usually returned home.

"I'm leaving," Samreen announced, standing up.

"Ensure you visit his office immediately and witness it firsthand," Samreen added before leaving the house, leaving Hanan overwhelmed by a storm of thoughts.

Hanan held her head, feeling a headache emerging. The revelation that Ammar might not actually love her but was merely pretending, marrying her solely for revenge, was something she could hardly fathom.

Is he currently in his office with his true love, the woman he truly adores? Is she just a pawn in his revenge scheme?

How certain can you be that what Samreen told you is true? Her subconscious prodded her skepticism.

"I need to go to his office and verify it myself!" Hanan exclaimed aloud.

Swiftly rising from her chair, she rushed to her room. She layered a jilbab over her clothes, grabbed her bag, and slipped on her shoes before hurrying outside.

As she stepped out, the bodyguards Ammar had assigned to her immediately approached.

"Take me to the company," Hanan instructed.

"Okay Ma'am," They all nodded.

Fetching the cars swiftly, they parked them by the front door. One bodyguard opened the backseat of one car for Hanan, and she climbed in without delay.

"Please drive quickly," Hanan urged the driver.

"Of course, Ma'am," The driver acknowledged before accelerating.

In mere minutes, they arrived at "Sheik's Corporation."

Hanan wasted no time in opening the car door and heading towards the building, the bodyguards trailing behind her.

"You needn't accompany me inside," Hanan turned and glared at the bodyguards.

"Sir instructed us not to leave your side and to stay at least three steps behind you," they responded, prompting Hanan to give them a fiercer glare.

Choosing to disregard them due to her immediate concerns, Hanan continued walking, with the bodyguards following her lead.

Upon entering the building, Hanan noticed only a few employees still around, given the late hour.

"Good evening, Ma'am," The employees greeted, and she offered a nod in response. Her presence was known among the employees, as Ammar had introduced her after their honeymoon, asserting that his beloved wife had to be acknowledged by his employees.

Getting on the private elevator, three bodyguards joined her. Upon reaching the CEO's floor, Hanan promptly stepped out of the elevator and hurried to Ammar's office.

"Hanan, what brings you here?" Tareeq asked, his voice tinged with uneasiness. Her unexpected presence at the company took him by surprise.

"I came to see Ammar," Hanan managed a forced smile.

As she reached for the doorknob, Tareeq's voice intervened, "He's in a meeting. Would it not be better if we wait for him in the cafeteria until he's done?"

"No, Tareeq. I need to see him immediately to confirm something," Hanan replied, ignoring Tareeq's suggestion. She turned the doorknob without waiting for his response.

However, Hanan's steps staggered when she entered the office and witnessed Ammar hugging a woman whom she could only assume was Nadia.

Upon hearing a sound, Ammar looked towards the door, and his eyes widened in shock as he spotted Hanan standing there.

*****

Cliffhanger right?😂

What is going on here???🧐

Ammar is taking revenge on Hanan and her family. And he has another woman that he loves?

Do you believe whatever Samreen told Hanan or there is more to it?

From now on I'll be updating every Mondays in sha Allah. And if I get time I'll be updating on Fridays also.

Give me more votes and comments as I gave you guys a long chapter😁

Love Zahra💕

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

64.3K 6.8K 72
Sakeena Ibrahim Abdulmaleek; Fierce, bold, challenging and brave. Never thought her life will turn out that way. At the age of fourteen, her life cha...
81.6K 6.7K 42
He bent his head and spoke into my mouth, his lips hovering over mine, but not kissing me "If you know how hard I'm trying to control myself, you wou...
95.2K 9.5K 47
Do you know any other Zoeya Aliyu?. Its your wedding card and better get prepared you are getting married in two weeks!". For a moment there I went n...
43.7K 4.7K 68
They say; •~Indeed, their is light at the end of every tunnel~• Read and find out how a lady who is so much against arranged marriages finds herself...