Shall Never Surrender (Nero m...

By Cobaltblue1117

After losing his parents and uncle at a young age. (Y/N) dreamed of becoming a huntsman to honor his family b... More

introduction
bio (updated)
Prologue
Red And Blue Roses
Welcome To Beacon
The Bringer's Awakening
Are We Done Yet?
Time For Some Rest
thanks everyone
First Day Of School
Familiar Faces
Knowing Him Better
A New Grimm Arm
thanks again
The Itsy Bitsy Phantom
You're A Philistine
The Granddaughter Of Sparda
Helping A Rabbit
Never Surrender
final thanks(for now)
The Temporal Stead
The Ship Is Sailing
The Brothers Of Fire And Wind
Teaching The Knight And Cat
Shall We Dance?
By My Hand
Finally Home
The Voltic Black Knight
The Persona And The Shadow
Meeting The Parents
Familial Rivalry
Sparda's Forge
A Fair Date
(y/n)'s Awakening
Shall Never Surrender
epilogue: You're Gonna Go Far Kid
thank you
story update

DVLs Never Die

314 3 0
By Cobaltblue1117

A/n: this is a "filler" chapter.

In the ruins of Redgrave city, two men were fighting with a woman sitting not far from them. One man thrust his sword at the other one but he blocked it with his katana. They got tired and sat on the ground.

Dante: remember what we said when we were kids?

Vergil: that even in death we'll still fight.

Dante: yeah. Hey Lucina who's winning?

Lucina: Dante's winning by 1.

Vergil: damn. well ready for round 2?

Lucina: how about you both rest for now.

Dante: she's right. How long have we been fighting for?

Vergil: 32 years.

Dante: I mean after we cut the roots.

Vergil: oh. About 5 hours.

Lucina helps Vergil off the ground.

Dante: man I'm hungry.

Vergil: you know, I'm hungry too.

Lucina: when was the last time you ate anything?

Vergil: that beef stew you made the day before I fought mundus. After mundus corrupted me, I never really ate or drank anything other than blood.

Dante: how did it taste?

Vergil: not that good.

Lucina: how about we look around and find something to eat?

Vergil: I got a better idea.

He held his hand out and a bird flew out from it.

Vergil: hey Griffon, I need you to fly around the city and try to find a still intact restaurant or grocery store.

Griffon: I'm not your slave you can just boss around. Find your own damn food.

Lucina: please Griffon. It would take hours for us to find something.

Griffon: don't give me them puppy eye princess. Just because you're Vergil's lady doesn't mean I'll bend to you.

Lucina: now listen here you little fuck. You either go find a fucking restaurant or I'll pluck ever feather on your body and serve you!

Griffon: you can be a really scary lady.

Lucina: I'm giving you to the count of three to start flying. One.

Griffon: restaurant or grocery store. Got it.

He flew away as fast as he could.

Dante: how long was it since you got angry?

Lucina: remember that time you didn't pay rent and we were forced to live on the street for two weeks.

Vergil: what?!

Dante: don't worry I still paid the rent.

Lucina: I had to threaten him in order for him to get off his ass and take a job.

Vergil: Why did it take him so long?

Dante: it wasn't that hard living like a bum.

Lucina: it was the middle of winter and (y/n) was still a baby.

Dante: and I made it up to you both by paying rent and throwing his birthday party.

Vergil: where was lady and Trish at the time?

Dante: out on a mission. Hey how about we go explore around the city. After all it has been a long time since me and Vergil have been here.

Vergil: fine but we meet back here in an hour.

Dante: got it.

They all go their separate ways to go and explore the city's ruins. Dante began to walk down an empty street. When suddenly he heard something coming towards him.

Dante: it's unfair to attack a man from behind.

He grabbed Ebony and Ivory and fired at a group of beowolves behind him.

Dante: that was easy.

He put the pistols away and continued down the road. Suddenly, more beowolves continue to attack.

Dante: of course it won't be simple.

Play public enemy

He grabbed Rebellion and threw the sword and flash equips Balrog.

Balrog: punch mode!

Dante ran up and began to punch a few of them.

Balrog: kick mode!

He then sent a wolf in the air then hit it with a dive kick.

Dante: gunslinger!

He grabbed coyote-a and began to swing the shotgun around like nunchuks. He then equiped a hat and threw It in a circle and more hats appeared on the Grimm.

Dante: swordmaster!

He called back Rebellion and charged a drive attack. He released the attack and killed one of them and it dropped a bunch of money. One Grimm was behind Dante and tried to hit him.

Dante: royal guard!

He got into a stance and absorbed the attack. He then released the damage back with a swift punch. He flash equipped Cerberus.

Dante: swordmaster!

He plunged the weapon in the ground and summoned a large row of ice then plunged it in the ground again and summoned large ice spikes around him killing the last amount of Grimm.

End song

Dante: that was easy.

He walked down the road and saw a clothing store.

Dante: I remember this store. My dad got me my first coat here.

He looks at himself in the window.

(Right now he's wearing his DMC 2 outfit)

Dante: it wouldn't hurt for a change of clothes.

He went into the store. Vergil was walking down his own street.

Vergil: wow to see how this city has changed.

He was walking around when he was attacked by a few riots.

Play let's just see

He summoned a group of swords and launched them at one of the Grimm and killed it. The riots charged at him and Vergil began to slice a few of them with the katana he had.

He launched one in the air and made a copy of the force edge. He impaled the airborne Riot, he then ripped the sword out of it and tears the Grimm in half. He got rid of the sword and equiped Beowulf. A Riot tried to hit him but he teleports up and killed it with a dive kick. He killed one with a series of kicks. Suddenly, a fury appeared behind him trying to hit him but Vergil dodged out of the way. He drew his katana and clashed with the fury's claw.

Vergil tried to hit the fury but it teleports away. He looked around trying to find this Grimm. It appeared behind him and knocked Vergil to the ground. Vergil was getting made and activated his Grimm trigger. He summoned a large group of swords and fired them at the fury who appeared. He then dashed at it and slashes it multiple times.

Vergil: you're finished scum!

He stabbed it and it died. He sheathed the katana and returned to normal.

End song.

Vergil: how pathetic.

He got bored and decided to walk back to their old spot. Lucina was walking down her road while speaking to her guitar.

Lucina: I wonder how (y/n) is doing?

Nevan: he's fine. Hey we should try to cut the fallen roots maybe we could get out of here.

Lucina: it would take too long.

Nevan: changing subject , how does it feel having your husband back?

Lucina: it feels good but.

Nevan: but?

Lucina: I feel bad leaving (y/n) behind.

Nevan: he'll be fine. He's a tough kid.

Lucina: I just don't want him to resent us as he grows up.

She was suddenly attacked by a large group of Grimm.

Lucina: ready?

Nevan: always!

Play welcome to the family

She grabbed the guitar off her back and began to play it summoning a horde of bats and lightning surrounded her. She stopped and all the bat went flying at the Grimm around her. She put the guitar away and took out a sword.

She began to attack them. One tried to hit her but she parried the attack and stabbed it. She twisted the sword's handle till it flared up like Red queen. she released the sword and it went flying ito a wall. She then took out a three barrel revolver .

She then grabbed the guitar on her back and a sickle blade popped out. She began to twirl around shooting and slashing. She stopped when her pistol ran dry.

Lucina: are you ready luci?

She flash equipped a strange looking backpack.

Lucifer: don't call me Luci.

Lucina grabbed a bunch of small swords from Lucifer and threw them all around her. When she stopped she pulled out a small red coin.

Lucina: heads or tails?

Lucifer: heads!

She flipped it and the coin touched one of the swords. Suddenly, all the swords began to explode killing the horde.

End song

She walked over to the coin and picked it up.

Lucina: tails.

Lucifer: damnit!

Lucina: better luck next time.

She charged Lucifer to Nevan.

Nevan: let's start heading back.

Lucina: why there's still time.

Nevan: everything looks the same. might as well head back.

Lucina: fine.

2 hours later

Lucina and Vergil were sitting down waiting for both Dante and Griffon to come back. Eventually, Dante came back wearing new clothes.

Vergil: where did you get that?

Dante: remember that clothing store dad got our coats from?

Vergil: yeah?

Dante: that's where I got these clothes from.

Griffon: guess what I found?

Finally Griffon came back.

Lucina: it better be a fucking restaurant.

Griffon: yes.

Dante: lead the way.

They followed Griffon to a large complex.

Vergil: Ollie otter's pizza Plex?

Dante: I know this place.

Vergil: what is it?

Lucina: it's a family pizza restaurant thing.

Vergil: why do you know this place?

Dante: after I paid our rent I rented out the whole place for (y/n)'s first birthday.

Vergil: how did you afford that?

Dante: I took a job from the Schnee family.

Vergil: I thought you had integrity?

Dante: integrity only exists when money isn't involved.

Griffon: don't you want to eat anything or are you going to stand there and talk?

They started to walk inside the restaurant.

5 hours later

DVL were sleeping on the restaurant floor till Vergil woke up in a cold sweat.

Vergil: it's been fixed.

Vergil sudden awakening accidentally woke both Dante and Lucina up.

Dante: what was fixed?

Vergil: the Yamato.

Lucina: how?

Vergil: I don't know but we need to get out of here.

Dante: it's impossible to cut the fallen trunks.

Vergil: have we tried?

Timeskip

Vergil slashes the fallen qliphoth part. He dropped to the ground, tried.

Dante: we've been cutting for 7 hours and we didn't make a dent.

Lucina: let's just leave it be.

Vergil: we can't!

Dante: we can't cut through the damn tree so let's just give up.

Vergil got angry and activated his Grimm trigger. He then calmed down and returned to normal.

Vergil: I have an idea.

He got up and pulled a strange fruit from his jacket.

Dante: wait you kept it!

Vergil: Urizen never had a chance to eat.

Lucina and Dante drew their guns and pointed them at Vergil.

Vergil: I'm not going to eat it.

He grabbed the katana and stabbed the fruit.

Dante: what's this plan?

Vergil transformed into his Grimm form.

Vergil: I want you two to transform and grab the sword too.

Dante and Lucina activated their Grimm forms and walked over to Vergil. (Lucina's Grimm trigger is Dante's Nevan dt from DMC 3 but blue) they walked over to Vergil and grabbed the hilt of the katana.

Vergil: now focus.

Suddenly, the blade began to spark with energy.

Vergil: now raise the sword and cut down.

They made a cut in the air and made a large portal. They all returned to normal and the sword snapped in half.

Lucina: what did we do?

Vergil: we channeled our energy through the fruit and it made this portal.

Dante: I didn't know we could do that?

Vergil: this portal should bring us closer to the Yamato. Are you ready?

They nod and they all walked through the portal. When they crossed over, the portal closed behind them.

Dante: where are we?

Vergil: Fortuna.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 195 8
What would happen if the Last Guardian remaining is sent back in time to the Golden Age, where Overwatch is meant to keep peace all around the world...
252K 2.6K 31
Your are Yn Branwen or at least use to be.
1.1M 19.2K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
1.3M 52.1K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...