𝕊𝕠𝕦𝕝 𝕃𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕄𝕖 [Scara...

Autorstwa Rxx017

[ On hiatus ] "At what point do you think we'll be asking the right questions?" • ᯽ • "A satellite is one whi... Więcej

[Author's Note]
• 01 ~ I'll Defy Your Order •
• 02 ~ For With You, I Feel Alone •
• 03 ~ If I Could Cross The World •
• 04 ~ Just To Find A Home •
• 05 ~ I'd Choose Your Heart •
• 06 ~ Except It's All Empty •
• 07 ~ I Know There's A Place •
• 08 ~ I Want To Call It Safe •
• 09 ~ If I Can't Find The Way •
• 10 ~ Will You Be There With Me? •
• 11 ~ One Day, We'll Burn •
• 12 ~ Like A Wax Candle •
• 13 ~ So Light A Spark •
• 14 ~ Lend Heaven Your Anger •
• 15 ~ Incomplete Memories •
• 16 ~ Our Reckless Gamble •
• 17 ~ They Write To My Heart •
• 18 ~ Through Broken Shackles •
• 19 ~ There Remains No Reason •
• 20 ~ For The Past To Matter •
• 21 ~ In A Thousand Lies •
• 22 ~ The Truth Will Shatter •
• 23 ~ In Moments of Hatred •
• 24 ~ Your Love Will Remain •
• 25 ~ In A Cluster of Remembrance •
• 26 ~ I'll Forget You Never •
• 27 ~ ... •
• 28 ~ Close Your Eyes •
• 29 ~ To Find The Light •
• 30 ~ Your Shadow Will Wait •
• 31 ~ To Bring Back the Void •
• 32 ~ Don't Fool Yourself •
• 33 ~ When They Believe You •
• 34 ~ There's Only One •
• 35 ~ Who Can Deceive You •
• 36 ~ In This Game Of Two •
• 37 ~ I Want You To Win •
• 38 ~ Keep Me Captivated •
• 39 ~ And I'll Let You In •
[ Author's Note #2 ]
• 40 ~ After This Suffering •
• 41 ~ You Won't Be The Same •
• 42 ~ I'll Pay The Price •
• 43 ~ To Know You Again •
[Author's Note #3]
• 44 ~ All Of The Dead •
• 46 ~ When The Time Comes •
• 47 ~ Let Me Be By Your Side •

• 45 ~ They'll Leave Us Behind •

773 52 10
Autorstwa Rxx017

Credit: https://twitter.com/rokuon_/status/1589502825100611586?t=eSmSubFy-t8GecmRtGgp1g&s=19

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Y/n POV]

"Greetings to Her Majesty, the Tsaritsa."

The harbingers bowed to the Cryo Archon, with the long array of Fatui members following the same fashion.

Among them was Y/n, who was right beside Scaramouche with their feet growing cold. They did not know if the Tsaritsa was staring at them, and simply chose to keep their head low.

The freezing hall of Zapolyarny Palace was as they remembered it to be, and the longer they stared at the floor, the more they remembered of the previous times they'd been here. Still, they tried to keep their senses grounded.

"The expedition group for Inazuma has returned, Your Majesty." A fatuus relayed to the Tsaritsa. The silence that followed made Y/n sweat.

The Tsaritsa looked around, before responding. "I see. Then, has the electro gnosis been retrieved?"

She smiled at Scaramouche, almost as if she knew he had the gnosis in his possession.

Scaramouche silently exhaled and presented the gnosis to her. "For the advancement... of the benevolent goal of Her Majesty."

In a flash, the Tsaritsa took it from his hands. Y/n could notice his eyes flicker as the gnosis' presence left him, almost as if he had given away something that he thought as his. There was conflict written on his face, as if he was convincing himself to not dwell on this 'loss'.

"Balladeer." The Tsaritsa called.

Chills went down Y/n's spine. Contrary to them, Scaramouche looked up with a composed demeanor. "Yes, Your Majesty."

"I don't see your satellite. What was his name?"

"Aless." Scaramouche nodded. "And yes. He fell victim to one of our operations."

Y/n kept their head low while bowing, but the mention of Aless in such a casual way made their heart break.

"Interesting." The Tsaritsa brought her finger forward in thought. "And I reckon that 'operation' concerned saving your previous satellite." She smiled. "I do not sense the curse on them anymore."

Scaramouche froze, before he gazed sideways at Y/n. "There were complications. Y/n's survival was merely an unexpected consequence."

"I see. So must I assume that you have failed the task I gave you."

"I'm afraid so." Scaramouche gestured to Y/n, trying to quickly move on from that. "On the other hand, Y/n has decided to surrender themself to the Fatui, and serve like a true satellite despite their imperfections. That was an unknown variable, and I felt it wisest to bring them here."

The moment the Tsaritsa heard that, she leaned back in her throne. "Oh?" She laughed. "The only role Y/n could fill is as your satellite. I will remove those imperfections if you so wish."

Scaramouche chuckled. "In the past, I would have supported that decision. However, after much thinking, I strongly feel that Y/n's 'flaws' should be kept."

"And why is that?"

"Well," He paused. "Like you said, a person of my past would find it easier to work with a faulty satellite. I was in denial, and could not see your thoughtfulness and wisdom in that decision, but I have come to my senses now."

"I see. Looks like your time with Aless hadn't been fulfilling." The Tsaritsa tapped her finger on her throne's hand-rest. "But then the question arises. How viable is Y/n with their flaws kept?"

"You're asking about viability." Scaramouche put a hand to his chin. "Y/n did do quite the extraordinary things in Inazuma. One of them, probably the most considerable, is the fact that they were able to save the Crimson Witch from her demise." He looked at Signora, eyeing her to help him.

Unlike the reaction she'd usually give at a request like that, Signora looked up with seriousness. "Your Majesty, if I may speak?"

The Tsaritsa smiled. "Go on."

"I had an unfortunate encounter with the Shogun, which almost cost me my life. While I don't mind sacrificing myself for Your Majesty's cause, it is only a pleasure to be standing before you again." Her gaze grew confident. "And I must place credit where it belongs. It is because of Y/n that this was possible."

"I have heard you." The Tsaritsa raised a hand at Signora. "Your satellite does seem to also not have survived this ordeal. What was his name?"

Signora nodded, a hint of longing in her eyes. "Gius."

The Tsaritsa nodded, then turned to Y/n.

"Y/n."

Chills ran down their spine again, and they looked up, trying to keep their expression and gaze still. The panic settled in their heart, but they tried to ignore it the best they could. "Y-Yes, Your Majesty."

Okay. There's no need to be afraid. Just... act the way Aless used to.

But there seemed to be no need for acting, because the next moment, Y/n felt a pull on their soul. The mortifying feeling crossed them again, along with an urge to scream.

"How much endurance does this satellite really have?" The Tsaritsa questioned, making a movement to just barely keep their soul from separating with their vessel.

On seeing the sight of Y/n suffer, Scaramouche's hands shook. He wanted to object, but it could just make things worse. Y/n was at the mercy of the Tsaritsa alone.

"Hm." The Tsaritsa stopped after a moment, releasing Y/n from her powers. "This has been unexpected, but your service is accepted."

The winds grew colder as she did. "Do not try to resist again. Your fate is bound to the Fatui. You cannot escape it."

Y/n nodded, trying to imitate Aless. "Understood."

"Then, from this day forth, you will serve your harbinger. Until you expire."

Y/n felt relieved. "Understood."

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

Y/n and Scaramouche had gone back to their state of bowing while Signora received a new satellite to her name. After the Tsaritsa had received everyone (or the more important ones), they were all dismissed.

La Signora went her seperate way since she had to prepare for a new mission. She was released from the collection of the gnoses until further notice. Maybe it was because of the life-endangering situation she had encountered, hence making her less reliable for such an important operation.

"Oh. My. Goodness!" Y/n spoke after they left that large hall and into the much warmer corridor, their hands placed on their cheeks as they came closer to Scaramouche. Being out of range of the Tsaritsa's gaze washed them with relief. "That was intense!"

"It was." Scaramouche said nonchalantly as he continued to walk forward. "But that was your decision. Now you're stuck with me."

"And you're stuck with me!" Y/n said, hugging his arm. Scaramouche was about to pull away, before he figured he should just let them have this moment.

"Are you alright?" He asked them once they broke away.

"Huh? Why wouldn't I be?"

"I'm talking about what the Tsaritsa did to you just now."

"Oh." Y/n paused. "Yeah. It was painful, but I don't feel any aftereffects from it, so I think I'm good."

He sighed. "Good, then."

"What about you?" Y/n asked. "You don't look that well either. Is it..." They lowered their voice. "About that gnosis you just gave away?"

There was more from where that question came from. Y/n still wished to ask him about his connection with the gnosis, and why he was so sure it would work when he used it in Inazuma.

Scaramouche grew silent, then shook his head. "You need not concern yourself with it."

"... Alright." Y/n said, giving in. Usually they pestered Scaramouche to tell them everything he was hiding, but this one seemed more personal.

"Well, should I leave for the satellites' dormitory now?"

"No." He grabbed their wrist. "You'll stay with me. At all times."

"Ah, yeah. I forgot." Y/n looked at the floor, embarrassed. "Does that mean I can't go around by myself either?"

Scaramouche thought of that. "Well, that is a concern. As a satellite, you can't stay by my side all the time." He frowned now.

After a moment of deep consideration, he spoke. "Y/n."

"Yes?"

"How about I teach you how to do paperwork?"

"What??"

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

"So you're saying I have to organise this report on Tatarasuna." Y/n asked, having a bunch of papers lying in front of them.

"Yes." Scaramouche adjusted his glove. "I have already written and compiled all the information. You just have to sort them."

They sweatdropped. That would require them to go through everything that Scaramouche had written, but maybe that was what he wanted. "Got it."

They sat down to read through everything that Scaramouche was working with. The crystal marrow, production of fake delusions... all of it was addressed to the First Harbinger, Pierro.

So this is what he was up to in Inazuma.

Well, aside from the ktisis, that is.

While Y/n didn't understand the depths of it all, they were still able to grasp a general overview of what happened. However, every few hours, they felt like taking a break.

By the time it became night, Y/n had organised most of the report. They sighed after they stretched themself, knowing work was still left.

"Working a bit slow, aren't you?" Scaramouche commented, bringing two cups of what looked like tea.

Y/n groaned, taking a cup when it was offered to them. "Give me a break. I'm doing my best."

"The report is already finished. Organising it doesn't take that long." He replied.

"Says you." Y/n frowned. " You've probably been doing it for ages."

He smirked. "Not really."

"Ugh.. whatever." Y/n drunk the tea, and immediately made a face because of how bitter it was.

Scaramouche, who was drinking his own tea, raised an eyebrow at them. "Is there a problem?"

"No... I'm good..." Y/n said, taking a deep breath and swallowing the drink.

"If you don't like it so bitter, you can just tell me, you know." Scaramouche shook his head.

"I said I'm good." Y/n put the cup down and began to stack the papers properly. "I should be finished with this by the next two hours."

"Good." Scaramouche nodded. "Keep at it."

After that, he left the room, leaving Y/n to struggle with the report again.

"He better not be relaxing while he makes me do all the work..." Y/n grumbled.

Now that they thought about it, why were they being made to work the very day they returned to Snezhnaya. Where were their worker's rights?

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

[Scaramouche POV]

Scaramouche entered the facility of his trusted colleague, or colleague with benefits - the second harbinger, Il Dottore.

"Doctor. I know you're there." He said, looking around the tall hallways of his laboratory. His fingers grazed the pipes that assembled into a circuit board... or was that some kind of creature?

"Scaramouche." The doctor smiled. This one was a bit older than the one Scaramouche was used to talking with. "I was expecting you to come here sooner or later."

"Of course you were." Scaramouche turned the Doctor's way, his tone not hostile but not friendly either. "Should I be expecting another upgrade then?"

"You could, perhaps. But why?" The Doctor laughed. "Are you due for another fixing? I suppose it's possible the contact with the Mikage Furnace may have caused some kind of malfunction."

"I'm fine in that regard." Scaramouche frowned, not letting his words get to him. "I've come here to ask you something."

"Oh? And what is it?"

"About the technology that you use to create segments of yourself. Is it possible to create an entirely different being from your existing body?"

"What an interesting question! The answer to that is quite complicated." The Doctor smiled eerily. "Why must you ask?"

Scaramouche looked him in the eye.

"There's something I need you to do for me."

• • • ᯽᯽᯽ • • •

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

295K 15.6K 53
During the war in order to protect your land and it's people you used a power that would cost you your life. Only it didn't, instead you were put in...
1.4K 145 21
When the young girl from a wealthy Inazuman clan's branch in Liyue gets her vision, things do not go according to plan. A series of events end up lea...
62.7K 1.6K 22
╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗ "𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫." Y/n is a Mondstadt citizen currently residing in Liyue to take...
50.4K 2.1K 25
"What does it even mean to be the bad guy? What defines the word bad anyway." Y/n wakes up in a world she knows all to well, Teyvat. When she explore...