THE FIGHTER (Origninally call...

By arabella_tomlinson

"Life is a fight from the minute you take your first breath to the moment you exhale your last." Ronda Rousey... More

1. Noah
2. Ethan
3. Noah
4. Ethan
5. Noah
6. Ethan
7. Noah
8. Ethan
9. Noah
10. Ethan
11. Noah
12. Ethan
13. Noah
14. Ethan
15. Noah
17. Noah
18. Ethan
19. Noah
20. Ethan
21. Noah
22. Ethan
23. Noah
Epilogue: Ethan

16. Ethan

154 15 1
By arabella_tomlinson

"Are you ready?" Dad asked and I nodded as I looked towards the school building one last time. I could hear chatter as graduates and their families exited the school. I swallowed the knot in my throat as Noah and his family and friends stepped out. He looked beautiful in his dark jeans, white button up shirt and hair a mess. I was as he three his head back as he laughed at something Liam said.

I shook my head and looked away in fear that if I stared long, that he would look my way. Just one look from him and my mind goes blank and I know that if he were to ask me to stay, that I would, in a heart beat no questions asked.

"I'm sure Noah will understand why you left without saying goodbye to him." I blinked and looked at her.

"We know, E," dad said making me frown and he stared at me through the rear view mirror, "and know we're okay with it and support you."

"Huh?" I asked but he shook his head before he pulled out of the parking lot and made his way towards the airport.

I shook my head and decided to pass time by listen to music. I rested my head on the headrest and closed my eyes as Dad drove. I could hear my parents talking as Sol watched her favorite cartoon, Cocomelon, on her tablet.

*****

"Ethan? Wake up," I groaned as Dad shook me lightly and opened my eyes to see that we were in front of our private jet. I stretched and climbed out of the car once he moved out of the way and grabbed my bag before shutting the door behind me.

"Where are we flying to first for my second match before I hang my gloves for good?"I asked him as we climbed the steps of the jet after greeting the pilot and stewards. Mom and Sol were already sitting on one of the sofas.

"First stop will be in Philadelphia,"  Dad stated as he looked at his tablet once we sat down across from my mom and little sister. I nodded as I rested my head on the headrest of the chair, "get some sleep, we'll wake you up when we land."

"Alright."

And so I closed my eyes and let sleep take me under its wings and before I knew it, I was in dreamland only for it to be disrupted five hours later by my mom shaking me awake.

"We're here," she said and I nodded as I sat up and stretched. I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder as I stood up to follow her and dad —who carried a sleeping Sol—out of the plane.

"We will meet you back here in three days, Jerry," Dad said to the pilot who nodded, "so get some rest and explore the city."

"We will, thank you sir," Jerry replied with a nod that dad returns before he strapped Sol into her car seat in the back of the rented car. Mom climbed into the passenger's seat while I sat on the other side of Sol.

"How many fights do I have?" I asked dad as he drove towards our rented house.

"You only have three fights," he said and I nodded, "The UFC wanted you to have more fights but I shut then down saying that you want to focus on your academic career and focus on other things that don't involve getting knocked out. I know I had pushed you to keep going but your mother made me realize that you've been injured one too many times on the ring that it's time for you to hang your gloves for good."

He was right. I've been knocked out one too many times throughout my career that I've lost count. The last time it happened had been a year ago on my last match of the season and I had gone up against a new fighter named Carl August. He was insane but I ended up winning and that was because he had kicked me in the groin and fuck that had been the most painful experience I've ever gone through. I literally saw stars and I was in so much pain. I had to be on bed rest for three weeks because the asshole kicked me so hard that my dick was swollen and bruised. I could barely walk.

And because of him, I've learned to wear groin guards because I never know when another asshole would kick me there during a fight. I know it can happen on accident but sometimes opponents get so fired up that they'll do whatever they have in our fee to get the title even if it meant doing ilegal moves.

"Cool," I finally replied when I realized that I hadn't replied to my dad. And yes, it was cool because it meant that I could see Noah sooner than I thought.

Remembering I didn't turn my phone back in after landing, I pulled it out and turned it only to be revived by countless notifications but one caught my attention over the rest and it was a text from Noah.

I smiled as I saw that it was a picture of our friends and him at dinner celebrating their graduation.

From: Noah Wish you were here so I didn't have to deal with these idiots he captioned the photo making me chuckle and shake my head with a smile. The photo had been taking six hours ago from the time stamp. I was about to type a reply when he sent another one.

From: Noah I read the letter you left me. I closed my eyes and sighed. Shit. I'm starting to regret doing that, I mean who even does that? Confess to someone they barley knew for more than a few months and who by the way was a guy no less? Did he even feel the same? I quickly sent him a reply apologizing.

To Noah: Sorry, I know it was stupid but I guess I just had to tell you before I left even if I should've done it in person.

I sent the text before locking my phone and closing my eyes. I knew Liam was right, I should've confessed my feelings for the younger man in person and deal with the reject in person rather than away. I jumped when my phone binged with a new text making my dad look at me through the rear view mirror with a raised brow but I ignored him and looked back down at my phone.

From: Noah Don't be....at least one of us was brave enough to confess to the other.

I blinked at the words but before I could even think of a reply he sent another one.

From: Noah I myself regret not telling you in person how I truly felt about you, Ethan. I like you, like a lot and it scares me because I have never felt like this about anyone. Just the thought of you has my heart racing at 100 miles per second and just hearing your name has me smiling like an idiot (Mac and Levi have told me that many times since meeting you) but I don't care. You make me feel safe. I'm not afraid of being myself when I'm around you, and I may get teased about it by our friends but in true honesty, Ethan, I find myself lost in your eyes, and every smile you give me makes my day brighter. I can't help but think about you all the time, and I realize that I'm head over heels in love with you. You make my heart skip a beat, and I can't imagine my life without you. So here I am, confessing my love for you.

I sat in complete shock as I read the words over and over again as my heart raced in my chest. He felt the same way. He loved me as I loved him. I felt myself smiling like an idiot as I replied to him.

To: Noah You have no idea how worried I was that you didn't feel the same about me, but damn it, Noah, you have no clue how happy you've made me. I'm sorry that I wasn't there to help you cope with our idiotic friends but I promise that once I return, that I'll save you from them always.

From: Noah I'll be waiting to collect on that....oh before I forget thank you for the bracelets I love them they're beautiful so I won't be taking them off anytime soon.

I grinned at that and sent him another text just as dad pulled into our rented house for the next couple days.

To: Noah I'm glad you love them, I was t sure what to get you as a see you later gift so I asked Levi for help and he mentioned how you loved astrology and wolves so I got those.

From: Noah No wonder he was giving me looks when I showed them off to everyone at dinner 🙄

I chuckled at that before he sent me another text

From: Noah will you text me when you get home? Just so I know you got there safely?

To: Noah don't worry, we've made it safe and sound I took a snap of the house and sent it to him

He quickly replied with thank goodness I was worried sick since I didn't hear from you after I sent you that photo of everyone at dinner and I felt like a dick.

To: Noah sorry love, I forgot to turn it back on after we landed. I remembered 10 minutes ago when I saw your text

From: Noah we're giving each other pet names now?

I bit my cheek when I realized what he meant and inwardly cursed.

"Ethan, it's 4 in the morning go to bed," Dad said as I stood in the entrance of the house and blinked before nodding as I climbed the steps to my room.

To: Noah sorry didn't realize that I sent that

From: Noah don't be I like it

I was about to reply to him when he sent a new text from him.

From: Noah I'll text you later? You just got home from your five hour flight so you must be tired. Text me when you wake up?

I smiled and nodded before remembering he couldn't see me so I sent him a reply with yeah, I'll talk to you later, get some sleep as well...sweet dreams love

From: Noah sweet dreams handsome ❤️

I must look like an idiot smiling down at my phone but I didn't care. Noah liked me and damn it did it feel great knowing he felt the same way. Now more than ever I was glad that I was officially retiring from the UFC. I know I had stated that I was done when I went back to school and during that time I did miss being in the ring but after making new friends and meeting Noah, my whole decision changed. I wanted to be done with fighting and wanted to spend every waking moment with him.

I was ready to start my new life outside of the ring because I got someone important waiting for me back home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.2K 3.5K 56
[COMPLETED] [MATURE CONTENT] Rankings:- #1 matureromance 01/01/21 #1 meangirl 13/01/21 #1 boxer 18/01/21 #1 jock 07/02/21 #1 bitch 05/04/21 #1 antih...
187K 8.5K 30
Noah Rivers and Ethan Davis are from two different worlds. Noah grew up with his two older brothers after his parents were killed in a car accident w...
7.1M 283K 59
Harvey is a quiet, shy, and extremely talented sixteen year old boy. He never really enjoyed speaking much, he usually lost himself in thought. At hi...
1.4K 45 24
Vinny is a quiet kid. His dad thomas is a lawyer , his mom Alice is a nurse and his twin brother Xavier well.. he's a real asshole. Vinny's parents h...