Dépaysement (h.s)

By complicatedfr3aks

Delilah Lavigne is the owner of the tattoo shop Caim. Her life was anything but simple growing up and once sh... More

oo
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
82
83

81

324 4 1
By complicatedfr3aks

Harry Styles

We are driving to California.

Packed the car up with nothing but clothes to last a few days and obviously our guns.

We were able to leave without trouble from Luca's guards, those guys are fucking twats. We convinced them that we were all going clubbing and needed to take two cars since we planned on staying in a nearby hotel and that they shouldn't come along because it'd be 'too boring.' Niall did all the talking and damn did he do it good since they got excited for having a night off, just as long as we didn't tell Luca.

Your secrets safe with me, my guy.

Something we didn't really take into account is how many days we could be here, but we'll deal with that down the road I guess.

Not wanting to hear Niall and Jade playing the license plate game I have earbuds in, listening to the playlist Delilah made me ages ago.

We are about seven hours out from California, we should probably arrive around midnight tonight. I hope we don't stop at another damn hotel, I know I live with Zayn and Louis but sharing a confined room with them is absolute hell.

We stop at a fuel station and they run inside to get some snacks while Louis and I stay in the car.

Louis hits my side, "Yo."

I take my earbuds out, "What?"

"How are you doing?"

I look to the side, "Uh—fine?"

He sighs, "So you're not nervous? Like at all?"

"Why would I be?"

He taps his chin with his index finger, "I don't know maybe because we haven't seen her in ages and don't know what she's like now. She could be dangerous Harry."

I shrug, "I guess we'll find out."

"But what if we don't? Are you going to be able to handle the fact that we might not even find her and this was all just a waste of time?"

I narrow my eyes, "Why don't you believe we'll find her?"

"I'm not saying I don't, I'm just saying to prepare yourself for the worst. We either might not find her and leave empty handed or we will find her but not the version of her that we want. The version we know and adore." He speaks clearly.

I sit up in my seat, "Lou I can promise you that we will find her and leave with her. I don't give a damn what it takes or how she acts. We got her into this mess and now we're getting her out of it. She wouldn't even be associated with Luca if we didn't force her into it."

"Not only am I hoping we find her for you but also for us. Delilah made us all want to be better." His lips form into a line.

I place my hand on his shoulder, "And she still can." I avert my eyes away from him and out the window. God am I praying we find her.

Once everyone is back in the car we drive off again.

***

Finally after hours of driving and my ass hurting like a bitch, we arrive at the hotel just after midnight.

We check into the hotel and decide to stay in a suite instead of everyone getting different rooms. We need to stick together and form a plan instead of divide and conquer.

Niall drops his bag and plops on his back onto the bed, "Is it weird that I actually enjoy staying in hotels? Their beds are always so comfy." He does angels in the sheet.

We chuckle, "You're an idiot." Jade jokes.

"Alright so, what's the plan for tonight?" Zayn rubs his hands together.

I sit down at the table in the corner of the room, "Well, we're thirty minutes out from Los Alamos so if we want to try to find the phone she used that's a start."

They all agree by nodding and muttering 'Yeah' so we walk up to the door and head out. "You're not coming. It took enough convincing to let you come along for the ride but this is a no." Niall turns to Jade. "Are you kidding me? This is my best friend that we're searching for. I have every right to be here." She argues.

"Dude just let her come. She has a point." Zayn nudges him. Niall rolls his eyes, "You stay by me the whole time, got it?" His eyebrows arch and she nods with a smile, "Aye aye captain." We finally leave, taking the elevator down and hopping in the car once again to drive toward the city.

Once we get in the general area, Niall's map on his phone says ten minutes away from arriving. I start getting nervous butterflies in my stomach. Even though this could be a total bust, just the thought of finding absolutely anything makes my stomach drop.

We turn down the street that the phone was located on and all look in different directions searching for any sign of life.

"There!" Louis points out his window to the left at a phone booth.

Niall parks the car and we all hop out, I'm the first in the phone booth. "Niall I'm going to call you, see if the number is the same as the one she called with." I pick up the phone and dial Niall's number.

His phone starts ringing and he nods, "Yep, same number."

"Okay so what now? We know she used this phone but she could be absolutely anywhere right now." Zayn states rationally.

"Well considering she was driving on this road, she either came the same way we turned and went further that way," Niall points down the road ahead of us, "Or she stopped at the booth coming from that way. No matter what I say we drive down there and see if there's anything to find." He shrugs.

"Look at Niall coming up with all the ideas." Louis playfully slaps his arm.

"I was totally thinking that too." I mutter, walking out of the booth and getting back in the car, "No he wasn't." Niall whispers to Louis causing him to huff a chuckle.

We start driving down the dark road, seeing no sign of buildings, houses or other cars. This is a very secluded dirt road.

A perfect place to hide.

As we drive just a few more miles, I see a dark shadow in the distance, "Niall turn here."

"Harry there's no road there."

"Just turn!"

He swiftly turns the car to the right onto the grassy field, long pieces of grass hitting the windshield practically blinding us, "What the fuck are we doing Harry?!" He asks, panicking.

"Just keep driving, I saw something!" I respond, now half panicked.

Everyone bounces in the car from how bumpy it is, and from all the grass we keep rolling over.

I see a building peak through the grass, "Stop!" He immediately hits the breaks, causing us to jolt forward.

Louis rubs his head that he just hit on the metal part of Nialls headrest, "Jesus Christ I might have a damn concussion now."

"Why are we here?" Jade looks around confused.

"I saw something, just follow me." I open the car door, swatting grass out of my face. I turn on my phone flashlight and work my way through the field, seeing the building getting closer and closer as they trail behind.

We finally get out of the field and approach the building.

"What kind of children of the corn bullshit is this?" Niall looks around eerily, Jade grabs his arm and holds him close to her.

We get to the fully metal door and with my hand on the handle ready to open it I turn around to Zayn and Louis with a grin whilst wiggling my eyebrows, "Think there's dead bodies in there?"

They chuckle as I push the door open, it creaks loudly, sliding on the concrete floor.

We all gather in, no light peaking through the building. "Find a light switch." Zayn rushes.

Once the overhead lights turn on we squint our eyes from the abruptness, "These lights give me migraines, kinda like the ones in Walmart." Niall rubs his red eyes with a sigh. Louis smacks his arm, "Mate mine do that in Target, what the fuck do they have in them?"

Zayn and I shush them, "Someone could be in here idiots."

I pull my gun out, the rest following suit as Jade trails behind.

This place is creepy as shit. It's like an above ground basement. It's where you'd expect the creepy ass dolls that your grandma collected over the years when she should've just burned their possessed asses.

I whistle to them, nodding my head to the shelves full of weapons. Guns, knives, swords, saws, pliers. You know, just the basics.

I lead as we slowly walk towards the far left where we see a door, holding the handle I count on my fingers. 1...2..3...

Pushing the door open quickly, we all rush in holding our guns out in different directions.

"Well shit." Louis is the first to speak.

We look towards him and see his eyes on something in front of him.

Or should I say someone.

"Jesus Christ." Zayn sighs, dropping his arm holding the gun out.

Benjamin's lifeless body sits on a chair, dried blood covering his body and the floor beneath him.

"Oh my god." Jade covers her mouth, turning away from the sight. Niall rubs her arm making a disgusted face, not being able to stomach the sight.

I walk up to the body, dodging the blood and crouching down to look at the wound.

"Neck slice. Pretty deep from ear to ear." I point at the beginning and ending of the wound.

"I didn't think she was capable of this." Zayn arches his eyebrows in shock.

Louis shrugs, "People are capable of anything, with the right training of course. By the looks of this act, she's had it."

"She really knows how to put on a show." I state.

While I am honestly impressed, I'm also kinda sad. Knowing that Delilah did this just confirms all my worries that I've had since this whole shit show begun.

"What do we do with him?" Zayn questions, wiping his shoe on the concrete from stepping in a slight puddle of blood.

"Louis hand me your phone." I hold my palm out towards him, he placed it in my hand without question.

I press the camera icon and hold the phone out to get a good angle of the full scene in front of us.

Click.

"Harry seriously? We're just gonna take a picture and leave?" Zayn furrows his eyebrows.

I swat the air, "Oh please I'm not a monster. I just needed that picture for later. I'm sure there's shovels around here, let's get to digging."

After over an hour of us digging in the field behind the building, carrying the body into the grave and pushing the dirt back on top, we are finally done.

We get back into the car and sit there for a second, discussing what's next.

"What do you plan on doing with the picture you took?" Niall turns behind him to face me.

I purse my lips, "I have a plan."

They all arch their eyebrows, "Enlighten us." Zayn pushes further.

I smirk, "You'll see."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

pretty short chapter sorryyyy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241 24 21
i'm bored and a really good writer GET THIS A WAtty Emerys life has been hard. with her father's disappearance and her mother's abuse, she's never ex...
12.9K 344 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...
150K 3.3K 28
Soul mate tattoos, quite the phenomenon no one will ever completely get. Many scientists and historians have tried creating theories to solve it, but...
56.4K 2.1K 25
Rose Cliffe was forced to move into a new town with her mom and step dad. What she doesn't know is that this town holds a secret from hell and she's...