Hostage

By fireflysyah

˗ˏˋ things are not supposed to fall this way. 'ˎ˗ More

[ welcome ]
- prologue -
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
- goodbye -

t w e n t y - t h r e e

204 9 1
By fireflysyah

×××

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 24
놀이공원 (Amusement Park)

×××

"Favorite colour?"

"Black."

"Favorite flavor?"

"Grape."

"One thing you hate?"

"Cucumber."

"One thing you don't want me to know?"

"I talk in my sleep."

Baekhyun bursts into laughter as Taeyeon answers his question.

Throughout the weekend's morning, they have been taking turns asking each other questions; take a peek into each other's lives they have been missing out. From how he opens up about his family and tells about his little things, Taeyeon's heart blooms at his effort to unveil himself. 

"Don't laugh!" Taeyeon smashes her palm against his chest. "I do that sometimes, not everyday."

Baekhyun still couldn't contain his laughter, "You won't have that anymore. I would kiss every word that comes out from your mouth when you sleep."

"Will you?"

With one swift move, Baekhyun takes her lips in his, "I can do it anytime."

"Alright sir, I'm aware," Taeyeon pulls out, "Let's focus shall we?"

Baekhyun flashes a smirk, insisting on holding her close to him, "Sure, princess. Your turn."

"What's that one story you won't forget?"

"Hm..," Baekhyun folds his arms together, flashing back to things he had done in life. "I rode a roller coaster. Mind you not a regular one, but the one in Everland. I almost fainted riding that one, I swear."

To his traumatic expression, the living room rings with Taeyeon's chuckles.

"Theme parks are fun, Baekhyun. You are so boring!"

"How is killing yourself fun?"

"Well, I had fun being held captive by you," Taeyeon replies, causing Baekhyun to scrunch his eyes in glee, "That one story is different."

"Why did you rode T-express if you hate heights?"

"Because Ara told me to," Baekhyun answers. He still remembers how he acted like his ticket was missing yet Ara found out and practically dragged him to the station.

What a moment.

His blithe eyes while talking about Ara unconsciously clutches her heart. It feels like she has no right to be jealous but she can't help to think how Baekhyun must be so in love with her. There's a hidden delight when he talks about her.

"You were very happy, weren't you?"

When his gaze changes to her, Baekhyun senses something different in her expression, "I was. But I am happier now."

Taeyeon's lips slightly curl upwards, "Glad you are."

"Hey," Baekhyun quickly takes her hand in his, assuring his words as he look into her eyes, "It was in the past. I have you now."

Taeyeon nods in a beam, but Baekhyun knows it isn't genuine. Her pair of eyes isn't smiling.

"It's okay, Baekhyun. She was your lover, I have no right to tell you to get over her when she was there for almost five years of your life. It's okay, I understand."

There's nothing convincing in her words. Baekhyun knows deep down, she is jealous and it's valid for her to feel so. He would feel the same too if Taeyeon talks about his ex-boyfriend with such glee.

When Taeyeon gets up from his lap, Baekhyun knows it's his biggest mistake to talk about Ara and almost let out a sigh.

"Come, let's cook for lunch."

×××

Taeyeon expects anywhere when Baekhyun said he wants to take her to some place, but definitely not this. With his hand in her, Baekhyun steps into the memorial cemetery he had long not visited and finds a familiar tombstone with daffodils.

"Why didn't you tell me we are coming here? I would have bring flowers!" Taeyeon scolds him in a murmur. She isn't even wearing proper clothes to greet Ara, and she feels bad for it.

"It's okay. We are here only for a moment."

Baekhyun takes a deep breath as he stands in front of the tombstone. Somehow his fingers grip tightly onto Taeyeon's, as if asking for strength and support.

"Hello, Ara," He greets, "I bring someone with me today."

Taeyeon bows her head in respect, "Hello. I'm Taeyeon."

Baekhyun chuckles at her awkward gesture.

"She is my girlfriend. Pretty, isn't she?" Baekhyun proudly asks. "Thank you for telling me to walk to her. When I hesitates, thank you for showing me the light to her. You made me realize how much I love her although I insist on denying it."

Taeyeon gazes up to him with questioning look as he confesses. He never told her about this.

"Thanks to you, I realize I am truly in love with her now. Hence, I'm letting you go."

In surprise, Taeyeon quickly shakes his arm. He doesn't have to let her go, after all it's his first love. Who can actually forgets their first love?

But Baekhyun swiftly halts her hand, assuring her with a smile and continues talking, "Thank you for the years you have spent with me. You have bring delight to my life and I promise you, I will treasure it for a long time. Take care there, I wish you nothing but happiness."

Her cheeks are flushed with redness. Not only for the fact that his words are comforting, but also because of the tears that started to swell in her eyes. In trembling voice, she whispers, "Thank you."

Baekhyun smiles. He had already let Ara go, but he have to do it again in front of Taeyeon. She needs to know that even after this, if he suddenly reminiscing Ara, it was all a memory that crosses his mind.

"Can I say something too?" Taeyeon asks.

Wiping her tears away, Baekhyun nods in a simper, "You also have something to say?"

Taeyeon lets Baekhyun's palm go, then brings her both of hands in front as she stands properly, "Thank you for loving Baekhyun all these years. I will take care of him well. If he ever cheats or raises his voice on me, I will come to you."

Baekhyun giggles. He has two people against him now.

After finish her words, Taeyeon bows her body once again and this time, Baekhyun follows her gesture behind. With eyes closed, he whispers.

"Goodbye, Ara."

×××

"Do you want to go to amusement park?"

"Hm?" Taeyeon looks up, "Out of sudden?"

"We can go if you want," Baekhyun says. He leans closer, bites the vanilla ice cream in her hand that he resists to buy two earlier.

"It's okay, Baekhyun." Taeyeon brings her arm around his neck and places her chin on his shoulder, "I see your effort to clear our conversation this morning. I'm so thankful for that, but I am okay. We don't have to do everything today."

Baekhyun lets out a relief sigh as he returns the hug, "I don't want you to misunderstand. I really, really love you."

Taeyeon giggles as she pats his back, "I know, my love."

With a smile on his face, Baekhyun reaches her lips that he can never get enough of. The flavor of sweet vanilla still lingers in her mouth and she giggles when Baekhyun wipes all the taste, replacing it with his kiss.

"This ice cream is melting away, please move sir."

"Ah, this darn ice cream."

- THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 3.9K 16
"Could you be cooperative for a day?" He groaned. "And could you be less of an asshole for a day? Yeah, I didn't think so," I scoffed.
222K 1.1K 199
Mature content
126K 7.3K 102
Inspired by Jay Asher's novel. All poems in here are mine. The cover photo was edited by yours truly but the photo used isn't mine, credits to the ri...
107K 2K 49
They saw each other first on the train. And then in the same cafe, and then in the same meeting room. He disliked her loud music, she disliked his at...