Spain, Soccer, Love?

Door HeartLess265

What happens when you unknowingly fall in love with a famous Spanish soccer player? After a painful senior y... Meer

The Beginning
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
The End

Chapter Twenty-Nine

1.2K 15 4
Door HeartLess265

Mae's Perspective

I'm confused. Very, very confused.

Ever since I arrived here in Barcelona, I've applied for at least 20 different full-time jobs. All 20 of them rejected my application. Yet here I was, reading over an email sent from Real Madrid.

And when I say Real Madrid, I mean Real Madrid the football club. They emailed me. I have no idea how they got my information, or how they knew I was looking for a job, but they sent me an offer.

You're probably thinking 'Oh, and offer for an interview, right?" Wrong. An offer for a job, at the club, working in a position that would consist of both finance and business.

I read over the email at least twenty times before I'm actually able to fully comprehend what the hell is going on.

I decide that there has to be some kind of reasonable explanation for this, so I call the one person I know who would be crazy enough to send in a job application for me.

"Rosa, I know that I haven't chipped in as much when it comes to our living situation, and I know I've been distant, but did you really have to send in a job application for me to work at Real Madrid?" I exclaim over the phone, demanding an answer.

"What-"

"I mean, have I really made you so mad that you want me to work somewhere that's like six hours away. Honestly, I'm a bit hurt Rosa."

"Mae, what the hell are you talking about?"

"There's no need to play dumb. Just tell me the truth," I beg.

"Sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about," she insists.

"So, you didn't send a job application for me to Real Madrid?"

"Nope."

"Oh."

"Wait, did Real Madrid ask you to come in for an interview?" she asks, finally piercing it all together.

"Not exactly...."

"Girl, then why are you getting so worked up about this?"

"They offered me a job," I blurt out.

"WAIT WHAT!!! YOU GOT A JOB!" she screams over the phone.

Rosa understands how much I've been struggling with finding a job, but I also think she doesn't quite understand what this means.

"I mean, ya, but I don't know how I got it. Besides, I'm not planning on leaving Barcelona anytime soon," I admit.

Although it would be nice to finally have a stable, full-time job, I'm not about to move to Madrid. Especially when both Gavi and Rosa are here, who are pretty much the only two important people in my life at the moment.

"Wait, so you're not taking the offer?" she asks, very confused.

"Nah, I'll probably just keep looking for a job that's actually here in Barcelona."

"Welp, whatever makes you happy! I got to go now," she says before hanging up the phone.

After she hangs up, I shut my phone off, and pause to think for a moment.

None of this makes sense. First of all, how would Real Madrid know that I'm looking for a job? The only two people who know about my whole job situation are Rosa and Gavi, and Rosa clearly didn't do anything, and I highly doubt Gavi did.

Secondly, why the hell would they even offer me a job. I'm fresh out of college, with very limited experience. Why offer someone like me a job at one of the biggest clubs in the world? There's got to be someone behind all of this, but I just don't know who.

My thoughts shift over to Real Madrid, and how Barcelona have beat them the last two games they've played. I try to remember who's on their squad, but my memory is foggy, so I decide to look through their roster online.

Most players I recognize, mostly from their national teams or old clubs. I'm almost at the bottom of the list when suddenly, I see it. See him. His name, his picture. Sitting on my screen, staring at me with those devilish eyes and mischievous smile.

When the hell did he transfer to Real Madrid?

My mind flashes to everything that happened four years ago, and everything that I went through.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the loud ringing of a phone. I glance over to my phone and realize that Gavi is calling me.

"Hello?" I ask, once I've answered it.

"Hey love, how are you doing?"

Fuck I love it when he calls me that.

"I'm doing good," I say, trying to sound as happy as possible.

I'm probably not going to tell him about this whole Real Madrid job situation. I don't want him to be worrying about one more thing, especially since the Champions League quarter finals are in just a little more than a month. Besides, I'm rejecting the offer, and it's not like he'll find out.

"I'm glad to hear that! I just wanted to call you because we just had a team meeting, and I found out some pretty exciting news, plus a surprise!" he exclaims.

"Oooo, what's the news?"

"Well, Xavi just announced during our meeting that we would be getting a few days off in a couple weeks!"

"'Oh, that's awesome! We should definitely go do something!"

Gavi's been so busy lately with training and everything, so it's been hard planning days to get together.

"Well, that's what the surprise is! Our days off are right after our away game against Real Madrid, so I figured that we could spend a day or two there in Madrid!"

No way.

"Oh my gosh, really! That would be awesome!"

I mean, I'm not lying. Madrid is a beautiful city, and I would love to visit it, but I just find it insane that he's bringing that up literally right after I saw the email.

"Okay! I'll plan it out, but just let me know if there's anything specific you want to see!"

I hear someone call his name in the background, so we say our goodbyes before hanging up.

I honestly have no idea what the hell just happened. I suppose I should probably respond to the email.

I quickly write an email explaining how although I'm honored, I'll have to decline. Without a second thought, I send the email. Welp, I'm glad that's dealt with.

Unknown Perspective

"Did you ask her?" I ask the annoying old man sitting at the desk.

"Well, yes, but I'm afraid that she declined," he mutters.

"What do you mean she declined?" I demand.

He turns his computer around so that I can see what he's talking about. I read over the email and can feel the frustration starting to build up.

Why the hell would she reject? I mean, and opportunity like this isn't usually just handed to you.

"Send it again," I mumble.

"What-"

"Send it again!" I bellow, my anger escaping.

The man nods his head, immediately taking back his computer and beginning to type.

I storm out of the room and pull out my phone. I find the person I'm looking for, and press the call button.

"Hello?"

"I thought you said she had applied for a job."

"Oh, hey man. Is this about that girl?"

"Yes. Did she, or did she not apply for a job at your company?" I demand.

"She definitely did. Applied for a position in our finance department I believe. I would have given it to her if you hadn't told me not to," he explains.

"Fuck! Why would she decline the job then?"

"Look man, I don't know what your deal is with this girl, but if you're really this desperate, why don't you just talk to her? I mean, just ask her to meet sometime or something," he points out.

If only he knew.

"It's not that simple," is all I say before hanging up the phone.

GUYS!!!! Ahhhh, this chapter was fun to write! Everything is about to get a lot more interesting! To be honest, we probably have a max of ten chapters left! Actually, I'm not really sure. Well will see though! I hope you are all enjoying everything so far! also thanks you guys for over 4k views!! Next chapter is coming out on Friday! (6/16/23)

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

5K 28 16
When two youngsters meet through football They knew each other they just never really talked to each other Julia Sanchez a footballer for Barcelona...
105K 955 54
y/n a completely normal girl, goes to visit her cousins in barcelona. her best friends obsession with a young futbol player, pablo gavi, leads them t...
6.8K 85 14
Taylor was a normal high school girl with a normal life. Her brother Gavi was her most favorite person in the world. She loved him more than anyone a...
64.5K 1.4K 22
๐Ÿฅฅโ”†#๐’๐“๐€๐‘-๐‚๐‘๐Ž๐’๐’๐„๐ƒ โ” โ only bought this dress so you could take it off. โž หšโ‚Šยท อŸอŸอžอžโžณโฅ ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› one simple mistake caused pablo to me...