Legend of the Jedi Princess 3...

By GeminiRose22

Just when the galaxy thought it was finally at peace after the defeat of the Sith and the evil Lady Morpha, a... More

Once Upon a Time
A Mandalore Wedding Part 1
A Mandalore Wedding Part 2
A Mandalore Wedding Part 3
A New Enemy
Rattle Snake Part 1
Rattle Snake Part 2
Rattle Snake Part 3
Hocus Pocus Part 1
Hocus Pocus Part 2
Bonding
Pony Prankster
Silly Filly Part 1
Silly Filly Part 2
A Recipe For Friendship
Speedy Preparations
Remix's Rival
Remix vs Magenta
Mare-Lody & Soundwave
Song of Love Power
Kara's Coronation
Life Day Eve is Here Once Again
Holidays Beginning
Holiday Scares
Funny Holiday Business
Holidays in Danger
The Jedi Save Life Day Part 1
The Jedi Save Life Day Part 2
The Third Sister
New Year, New Girl, New Changes
The Legend of Butterfly Meadow
Meet the Heartwoods
Royal Girl Talk
A Father's Love & a Daughter's Future
Rampage & Rescue
A Family Keeps Growing
Valentine Preparations
Heartbreaks of the Past
Heartbreak of the Present
Rock Heartbreaker Part 1
Rock Heartbreaker Part 2
Rock Heartbreaker Part 3
Comedic Coronation Prep
Pony Pageant Prep
An Old Enemy Returns
Fear vs Comedia
Comedia's Coronation
Another Jedi Princess is Born
Return of the Sith
Heart Times
Family Fights Together
Safe For Now
Hypno-Sisters Part 1
Hypno-Sisters Part 2
Hypno-Sisters Part 3
Great Power, Great Curiosities
Results & a Series of Unfortunate Events
Miss Fortune Part 1
Miss Fortune Part 2
Miss Fortune Part 3
Miss Fortune Part 4
Elements of Pollution Part 1
Elements of Pollution Part 2
Elements of Pollution Part 3
Elements of Pollution Part 4
Trouble On Ryloth
Gremlins N' Rock n'Roll
Nightmare Sister
Do Jedi Dream of Force Sensitive Sheep?
Jedi Fantasmic Dream
Infestation Before Graduation
Brainstorm Part 1
Brainstorm Part 2
Brainstorm Part 3
Meet the Monroes
Mama Bear's Coming
Mama Bear Part 1
Mama Bear Part 2
War-Mantle
Back to Kamino
New Girl's First Night
Truth Comes Out
A New Family Member
A Wedding & An Invitation
A Teacher's Past
Heartwood Family Reunion
Tropi-Callous Part 1
Tropi-Callous Part 2
A Jedi Found & A Voice Lost
Cheer Up & Speak Up
May the Horse Be With You
Attack of Crescenda Part 1
Attack of Crescenda Part 2
Attack of Crescenda Part 3
Season of Changes
High School Tragical
Love Power Up
Family Histories & Family Mystery
Many Species Family Dinner Disaster
Spoils of War
Ruins of War
Mystery of the Serial School Prankster Part 1
Mystery of the Serial School Prankster Part 2
Mystery of the Serial School Prankster Part 3
Werewolf Secret & Equine-Rider Switch
Racers & Players
Gamer Part 1
Gamer Part 2
Gamer Part 3
Weddings & Match Makings
Entombed
The Clone Consipiracy
Truth & Consequences
Changes & Secrets
Halls of Mystery
The Crossing

Council Steeds

26 1 0
By GeminiRose22

With Mariverde beginning to step up her game, and the risk she posed to the rest of the galaxy, the Jedi Council realized they were going to need even more help on their end.

The Council sat in a meeting. And with two of them were a couple of horses.

Anakin had his jewel pegasus Sapphire Beauty beside him, and Obi-Wan had his candy-corn Peppermint Twist.

"We already have the aid of many leaders of Enchantra." said Master Fisto. "As well as from many in the Republic."

"But Mariverde is a clever woman." said Luminara. "If she doesn't target beings of dark power, she targets those who succumb to their negative emotions."

Anakin raised his hand and said, "If I may, Masters..."

Yoda gave Anakin the floor.

"It's come to my attention that since the Bad Batch has added steeds to their team, they've had an increase in speed, strategy, and efficiency in missions." Anakin explained.

And it was true. Each horse was helpful in his or her own way as they worked with their riders in many ways. For one thing, being an alternate form of transportation, being able to sense oncoming dangers sometimes even before Hunter did, as well as emotional support which was beneficial to the Batchers' health. And for each of their riders, sometimes the horses helped them step out of their comfort zones, overcoming weaknesses they'd been previously unable to before.

Teatra, for example, help Tech learn to view things from a creative perspective instead of relying solely on cold hard facts.

Pinto taught Wrecker how to find a balance between playing rough and being gentle.

Indira helped Hunter learn to relax and how to help himself not crack under pressure by finding inner peace.

Crosshair started to learn to loosen up and even smile a little more thanks to Maybelle.

Even Echo found something great when he bonded with Banjo. Sometimes the simplest things were the answer to complicated problems.

"If you may recall, Obi-Wan and I each received a horse because according to Queen Reigna, each of us was in a time of need, and her Equinary book believed the horses we got were the right ones for the job."

Sapphire, with her strong spirit and gentle soul, had helped Anakin when he was really falling apart after a serious disagreement with his wife. And Peppermint showed Obi-Wan that change could be sweet if he just gave it a chance.

Eventually, even Carmine got matched with Harmony, who helped him with finding a better balance between channeling his musical abilities while training in the Force and energy surrounding him.

"And during our time at the Citadel," said Anakin. "Having a group of horses along our side helped us get out with more survivors, and they made good guardians too."

"Are you suggesting we each get steeds of our own, Skywalker?" Mace asked.

"I am, Master Windu. They've helped us a lot during the Clone War, and some even came to help during the Battle of Geonosis. Obi-Wan benefits from having a loyal steed of his own. Why can't other members of the Council?"

"Where would any noble knight be without his or her valiant steed by their side?" Sapphire nodded, earning a stroke on her muzzle from Anakin.

"I'm sure if you ask anyone whose been matched through the Equinary, they'd give you similar answers." Peppermint said. "Sweet."

The Council decided to ask a few people they knew with horses to tell them how things changed for them since they got their horses.

Gabby:

"When I got Carousella, I was better protected, and she taught me how to protect myself and strategize, and she showed me that my age doesn't define my abilities, even when others judge me by that and my size. She taught me that facing my feelings and admitting when I'm in need are the true bravest things anyone could ever do. And she even taught me how to kick as hard as a horse."

Boba:

"Remix helped me learn to find my voice. And he's the reason I found the confidence I needed to be more social and turn over a new leaf. Knowing he was so popular back in Equinaro and at parties, I wasn't sure he'd want to be a steed for someone like me, since I was just an ordinary kid back then."

Ahsoka:

"After Fiesta came into my life, she offered me a source of comfort by trusting me when all odds were against me, and I didn't know who else to turn to. She stood by me and she listened when I needed someone to talk to, and has shown me that I can say what I need to say around her without being judged. She said that girls like me are like roses. Many look at us and see something beautiful and delicate at first glance, but tend to forget that if they aren't careful, they'll get las espinas, as she calls the thorns."

Lamenta:

"Crescent was wonderful from night one. He showed me a whole new world with help from his sister and my cousin. I was scared of how everything would change since my family found our long-lost relatives, but Crescent took me under his wing and comforted me when I was crying."

But, while the children's testimonies sounded credible, the council also asked the horses for their side of the story.

Carousella:

"After my mom died, I stopped forming new relationships altogether for a while. But I'd always wanted a little sister. And even though Gabby and I aren't even the same species, getting to be her protector was the best thing that ever happened to me. Getting to be with her so I could protect her, teach her, and play with her just like a big sister should with her little sister... I wouldn't trade it for anything."

Remix:

"Back in Equinaro, I was pretty much the party king of Musicorn Meadow. Cool, popular, confident and downright always ready to get down. That's how they described me. I never imagined I'd be matched with a rider. But then I met Boba, a kid who didn't even know he liked music to begin with. I thought he'd end up with another musicorn of a certain genre, but to my surprise, he picked me. And it wasn't because of my skills as a DJ or because he wanted to pump up his popularity. He saw me as more than just a deejay or a party animal. He saw me as... a true friend, and we genuinely make each other happy like buddies should. He and I, we're like brothers."

Fiesta:

"The day I met mi amiga, Ahsoka, it was under unusual circumstances. But then again, Carousella was matched with Gabriella while she was in danger. Ahsoka did not know who to trust, and so needed help from someone new. And Queen Reigna is one of the most trustworthy individuals in existence. I trusted her judgement, and I trusted that a Jedi as good and courageous as Ahsoka could never hurt anyone intentionally. And while our coming together was rough in the beginning, we were happily shown that it was a blessing in disguise."

Crescent:

"Lamenta reminded me of Carousella when she was tiny. Back in those days, she used to be pretty scared of everything, especially the dark. And as her big brother, I made it my job to take care of her, especially after we lost our mother. Then I remembered something she always did with me and Carousella when we couldn't sleep, and it helped Lamenta not only fall asleep, but feel more comfortable in her new home and her new life."

"Possible, would it be," said Yoda to Carousella. "to ask your queen if horses available, there are?"

"Well, that's not exactly how it works." Carousella said.

Having spent a lot of time with Fantasia and her sisters during their early childhood, Carousella got to learn a lot about the Ride of Love.

"The Equinary is connected to the Hearts of Beauty, which has a special magic that runs on the true beauty within the hearts of those who are matched. In other words, it matches ponies with people who will learn from them and vice versa. Only a few times has Queen Reigna ever had someone come to her asking for a horse without the jewels receiving a heart trail."

"Most Ride of Love ceremonies start when someone is in need of a special friend." said Crescent. "The trail reaches the crown jewels, Queen Reigna consults the Equinary, and then a ritual is performed that helps her find just the right horse for the person in need."

"Didn't you go to the book to find horses for the Bad Batch?" Obi-Wan pointed out.

"Yes, we did." said Carousella. "I can ask Queen Reigna if we can do that for the Council too. It's a little out of the norm, but it's been done before."

Queen Reigna came and saw that they had a lot of people to search for horses for. So, she decided to do something a little more out of the ordinary to match them. But since the Council was uncertain, they decided to start with just a few members as a trial run before they got horses for all of them.

Queen Reigna brought the Equinary to the Jedi Temple. Of course, she had some of her best guards there to oversee everything.

"Are all these guards really necessary for a book?" Ki-Adi asked.

"The Equinary is a very valuable magical relic." said Fantasia. "It's been in our family for centuries and holds an important magic that holds our kingdom together."

Queen Reigna removed her necklace and explained the procedure she had planned.

"Here's how it will work. This jewel knows what's in an individual's heart. That will prove key to matching you with just the right equines." Reigna explained. "First, put the necklace on, then step up to the Equinary, place your right hand on it, and say your full name. Who would like to go first?"

Master Plo Koon stepped up first. His adopted daughter had a horse of her own and did pretty well. How bad could it be? He figured.

Reigna gave Plo her necklace, and he held it up to his neck as it magically shrank to fit him. Then, he stepped up to the Equinary and placed his right hand on it.

"Plo Koon." He said to the book.

The necklace glowed and so did the Equinary as it opened and flipped its pages.

Everyone watched as the Equinary kept flipping its pages until it stopped on a page with a picture of a yellow and white splatter spotted earth stallion with a creamy orange mane. His name was Citrus Splat. According to the book, he was a very sweet horse who loved oranges and was fairly curious and well-behaved, but he had a few issues with self-control when it came to treats and playfulness.

"Ah, an excellent match." Reigna said. "Citrus would do well with a rider who is level-headed and patient."

"How soon can I meet this... Citrus?" asked Plo.

"Very soon, Master Jedi." said Reigna. "I will need to consult him so he can prepare to arrive. Who is next?"

The other willing Council members put on the necklace one at a time and told the Equinary their names. And the book flipped its pages to find horses for each member.

Master Fisto was matched with a green sea pony named Grassi Seas, who was a great swimmer, bonded well with other sea creatures, and was strong enough to fight a great white shark and win.

Shaak Tii got matched with a golden maned lavender unicorn mare named Sunheart, who was a nurse in Equinaro, and especially good with handling younglings.

Master Koth was matched with a maroon pegasus mare named Zipp, one of the fastest royal guards in Equinaro. Like the last two Masters, he was sure he and his horse would get along greatly.

However, Saesee Tiin got a down-to-earth earth mare of light green with a braided ivy green mane decorated with blue flowers. Her name was Hydrangea.

"Are you sure this is the right horse for me?" asked Master Tiin, sounding unsure.

He was a pilot; he would've expected at least a pegasus, someone who knew how to fly, not a horse that could not fly.

"The Equinary has never been wrong." said Reigna. "And I know Hydrangea personally. She's an old friend of mine. A very pleasant mare and excellent conversationalist."

And then came Mace Windu, whose reaction to the horse he got was, well...

"This can't be right!"

As it turned out, Master Windu was matched with none other than Strawberry Sundae, the pink pegasus baker and caterer of sweets for birthday parties, weddings, you name it.

Mace was someone who stuck to rules and protocol. Even after the Code was changed, he just had to keep this image of being a tough, hardcore Jedi general. And he was pretty sure having a pink horse by his side, and one that smelled like strawberries no less, would not hold up to that image.

"Don't judge a book by its cover, Master Windu." Queen Reigna said. "Strawberry Sundae is a wonderful young mare who may just surprise you if you give her a chance."

"Indeed." said Obi-Wan as he fed Peppermint a carrot. "Remember, I didn't believe Peppermint was an ideal match at first either."

"The same thing happened when Crosshair got matched with Maybelle. Remember?" said Anakin.

Mace still seemed reluctant.

"I don't know. Sugar-coated isn't really my preference."

"Strawberry's very lovable." Peppermint said. "Sweet as strawberry pie. And I mean strawberry pie the treat, not her grandmother. Although, Sundae's grandma is the sweetest grandma you could ever hope to meet. So, she really is sweet as both kinds of Strawberry Pie."

But when Master Mundi's turn came, Queen Reigna was the one who was shocked this time.

"Oh! How unexpected."

In the book was a picture of a green alicorn mare with a curly yellow and orange mane, and a little purple and white propeller beanie on her head.

"What's the matter?" Ki-Adi asked Reigna. He caught a quick glimpse of the picture and the name of the new pony. "Lady Comedia Evermare? Oh! She is a royal horse, is she? She seems rather cute as well."

"Oh, she is. Comedia is adorable, but...." Reigna said. "We've been trying to find her a rider for years. Except, the Equinary has never cooperated when it came to her before."

"Can the Equinary even do that?" Carousella asked.

"It has a mind of its own. Like many of us equines, it doesn't always do things just because someone asks for it. Rather, it may become more selective and decide on another path."

"Like how it decided I needed to pick a horse rather than let it pick for me?" Boba asked.

"That's one example." 

"And why is Comedia a surprise?" Gabby asked.

Reigna sighed.

"She is my second cousin. And let's just say... she's not an easy child to look after."

Fantasia said, "Cousin Comedia is actually terrific once you get to know her, but... well, you'll see soon enough."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 403 59
~Book two to Valerie's story~ What was only one mistake turned out to be the very thing that possibly saved her life. Newly appointed Jedi-Knight Val...
7.3K 197 18
It was said before...dark times approach as the sun and the moon go by, and it was true. Everyone that could, as well as everyone that couldn't, were...
161K 3.1K 27
BOOK ONE IN THE SKYWALKER TWIN SERIES I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 12 SORRY FOR ALL THE ERRORS! THE SEQUEL IS BETTER ABOUT THAT STUFF Bout to go under MA...
262K 7K 61
The last person in the galaxy you would ever want to be trapped with inside a little ship in space was your arrogant, cruel master- Anakin Skywalker...