30 Days With You (Ian Somerha...

By wonderless_A

This story follows the Fictional journey of a 22 year old woman named Veronica who's life is about to change... More

30 Days With You: The Moment That Changed Everything
Chapter 1: Veronica Who?
Chapter 2: See You Soon, Darling
Chapter 3: What I've Been Missing...
Chapter 4: The Read-Through
Chapter 5: Long Day Ahead
Chapter 6: You Must Be Veronica. Nice To Meet You.
Chapter 7: Dressing Room Tours...
Chapter 8: Need For Megan
Chapter 9: Break Time, Interview and Group Scene
Chapter 10: Enough Internet For A Day...
Chapter 11: Cast Promo
Chapter 12: On Set In Five
Chapter 13: Day Off? Play On.
Chapter 14: A Secret. I Know...
Chapter 15: Worth It
Chapter 16: Delena or Damegan?
Chapter 17: Just Good Friends...
Chapter 18: Paul, This Is Alex. Alex, This Is Paul.
Chapter 19: Caught Up
Chapter 20: Nothing's Wrong...
Chapter 21: Blame It On His Acting Skills...
Chapter 22: Costume Shopping-Part One
Chapter 23: Costume Shopping-Part Two
Chapter 24: Give Me Love
Chapter 25: You're Welcome...
Chapter 26: I Have An Eternity
Chapter 27: Surprise!
Chapter 28: Happy Hallo-Birthday-Ween
Chapter 29: Let's Party
Chapter 30: One More Gift
Chapter 31: Let Me Show You...
Chapter 32: Bonus Video Shooting
Chapter 33: Busted
Chapter 34: Sweet Dreams, Love
Chapter 35: No Can Do...
Chapter 36: Love, Ian&Veronica
Chapter 37: Tell Me You Love Me...
Chapter 38: Last Episode and Band Drama
Chapter 39: His Lost. Our Gain.
Chapter 40: Don't You Go
Chapter 41: Safe, Sane, And Honest
Chapter 43: Off To Florida
Chapter 44: Family Reunion
Chapter 45: Meet The Somerhalders
Chapter 46: All Through The Night
Chapter 47: What'up Sacramento?
Chapter 48: #Premiere
Chapter 49: A Night Out-Part One
Chapter 50: A Night Out-Part Two
Chapter 52: Through The Lens
Chapter 53: You're Ready
Chapter 53: Take Me Home
Epilogue

Chapter 42: Edge Of Tonight

1.5K 45 6
By wonderless_A

I slept through the night for the first time in a week. And the reason why, was breathing peacefully beside me. I opened my eyes unable to escape the clarity coming through the window. Looking beside me, I found Ian fast asleep with a hand behind his head. I traced his body with my eyes and watched his naked chest go up and down rhythmically. The elastic strap of his underwear was uncovered and then disappeared into a wave of white fabric that turned the remaining of his body into a sculpture. Michelangelo himself couldn't make a masterpiece as perfect as the one laying next to me, admiring me as I admired him.

"Morning." He said with his voice spiced with heavy sleep.

I couldn't help but to smirk as it was the only way to control my newly present impulses brought by his voice.

"Say that again." I demanded as I repositioned myself and laid on my sides, to fully face him. He did the same and brought his body closer to mine.

With his face inches from mine, he responded to my pleas.

"Good morning." He said. I felt like he knew what his voice was doing to me and decided to use that against me. I didn't got a chance to complain. It was hard for me to talk when the contact of his lips were all my attention was wrapped around. "Oh-no. Wait." He said breaking our kiss. He cleared his throat before speaking again. "Bom dia." He spoke in Portuguese. As walls-melting and pulse-accelerating as his voice sounded already, I wanted to see how much has he learned.

"Vejo que você aprendeu uma ou duas coisas no Brasil. Parabéns." I see you have learned a thing or two in Brasil. Congratulations.

He took a deep breath before speaking when he gave up trying to figure out what I said. "I love when you talk foreign to me." He said with double meaning as he pulled me closer to him. By now, it was impossible to tell when my body ended and when his started. We were intertwined like vines.

His lips found mine and we lost any form of contact with the outside world. Inside this four walls, I was his and he was mine. No need to hide or lie. And we embraced it.

We started playing around his bed. Rolling left to right with the sound of kisses and giggles filling the room. His head hid on my neck as my hands traveled all over his sides while I giggled. Without a warning, he pulled his head away from me and stood above me. His eyes showed a wave of amusement as he looked down on me. I reached out and caressed his face as he smiled softly. He returned the gesture by running his fingers along my cheek, pulling a loose strand of hair behind my ear. We were neck deep on one of those moments were there was no need for words.

But these four walls wouldn't hold on forever. As if planned, both of our phones went off. We parted with groans and went looking for our phones.

"Hello?" I heard him answering his phone as I still looked for mine. Once I did, I stood up and looked at him. He was standing wearing only his underwear, as was I. He was looking up and down at me before he spoke again. "No, it's alright. I can talk."

I looked down at my phone, the caller ID was flashing Alex's name.

"Veronica's phone. How can I assist you?" I said with sarcasm. Ian's smirk towards me made a smile appear on my face as Alex answered me.

"Look, I know my timing must be impeccable," she said. Couldn't have said it better myself, I thought. "but we're all down at the studio and we've come up with some ideas. We could use your help....and presence." She said. I instantly looked around and located all my clothes. "So, get your ass dressed and down to the bar, yeah?" She said. I tried to hide my flushed face even though I knew she couldn't see it.

"....yes ma'am." Were my last words before I hung up. Ian and I turned around to face each other at the same time.

"I gotta go." We both said at the same time. We both chuckled silently as Ian walked to me. He took my face in his hands and brought his face down to mine for another kiss. His touch was sweet and careful, as if I could break between his hands. I savored his lips until he broke our contact and handed me my shirt with a smirk.

"Welcome back to the outside world, miss Brooks."

-x-

Back at the studio, the guys showed me the work they've been doing. That song Alex brought he idea of, was ready and it finally had a name. Don't You Go, which I found fitting.

They showed me lyrics for three more songs which I also found fitting since, right there at the studio, I received an email from Vincent saying he got us a CD making opportunity and he also said to have at least five songs by our next meeting.

"Okay," started Roy. "we got 'Don't You Go', 'Satellite', 'Dancing With A Wolf' and 'Runaways'" he listed.

"And what about the fifth?" Asked Daisy.

"I'll figure it out." I responded. "Gimme a minute." I said as I got my notebook and pencil. Truth is, I've had some stuff running through my mind since last night. And, five minutes later, I saw them all plastered onto the paper.

It's a long way home
when you're on your own
and your only friends are traffic lights
speaking in morse code.
Yeah the road is long.
And I am tired.
But with you in my horizon,
I will drive until it all breaks down.

'Cause I can't breath without you near.
You keep me safe.
You keep me sane.
You keep me honest.

I read those words again. Just like he said. Safe, sane and honest. And he's keeping his word.

You keep me alive
on the edge of tonight.
Chasing tomorrow
with fire in my eyes.
You're like a siren in the dark.
You're the beat playing in my heart.
You keep me alive
on the edge of tonight.

Spent my whole damn life
trying to get things right.
And for every one of my mistakes
you gave me all these chances.
When the road's too long
and I am tired,
you are my horizon.
And I will drive until it all breaks down.

After that, I wrote down the chorus again and proceeded to show the guys what I've wrote. Then, I went over to start recording vocals for the songs we wrote together.

Afterwards, Daisy, Roy and Mark went to buy food and Alex remained with me on the studio. We sat down on the couch and she looked at me.

"Nice outfit." She said on purpose to bring back out conversation these morning, only I couldn't hide my flushed face this time and she laughed softy. "You don't have to hide it. God knows I wasn't the first one to arrive either." She said the last part mostly to herself but loud enough for me to hear. "I mean, can you believe how far we've come?" She said back to her original tone.

"Honestly, I don't wanna believe it." I said. "If I do, then I'll get use to it. And if I do that, it goes away faster. And I don't want it to..." I said. She looked sympathetically at me.

"I haven't looked at it from that perspective..." She murmured.

"Lucky you." I responded. "That's the only perspective I've been able to see it through for days. I just don't wanna get too caught up in it, you know? When the moment comes, I don't want it to hit me in the face." I confessed.

"Don't wanna get too caught up in it?" She quoted my words and questioned them. "Well, sorry for you, but based on this," she said while she took my notebook and showed it to me. "you're late..." We both sighed after those words. "But, if you think about it," She said sitting next to me with our heads bended backwards and staring at the ceiling. "It is worth it, I mean, we're not talking 'bout some guys we just met, you know? This is Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder we're talking about. The world did this...and you don't wanna mess with the world's balance..." She ended that phrase and looked at me expecting my reaction. I looked at her and we smiled at each other in unison, remembering clearly where she got those words from.

-x-

Five hours later, we had a rough version of how every song is going to sound like, including the one I wrote today, which I've decided to call 'Edge Of Tonight'. Just in time as well, because Vincent emailed us saying our next meeting would be today. Right now, I was passing on the backstage hallway while the guys were sorting the songs out on the studio a door away from me. Ian's voice brought a smile to my face as he answered the phone.

"Miss Brooks. To what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked. I could hear his smirk from the other end of the line.

I giggled before answering. "Well we're currently waiting for the company representative to arrive and listen to the new stuff-" I said before Ian interrupted.

"Is that the guy with the suit?" He asked quickly.

"Yeah, the guy with the suit." I answered.

"Okay. Carry on."

I laughed softly before continuing. "Anyways, as for me, I'm hopelessly passing up and down an empty hall, in desperate need of a distraction. So, distract me." I ranted. I could feel his smirk growing wider as he spoke again.

"Okay... What are you wearing?" He said in a deep, seductive voice. I laughed quietly ignoring the shills going through my spinal chord.

"I'm serious." I said.

"Oh me too..." He said on the same tone and carried on talking normally after my silence. "Alright, alright." He said to calm the fields. "Let's see.... Today, I woke up beside the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." He said. I responded with a roll of my eyes and a smile on my lips before he continued. "Came down for some ISF meetings. Uh! Breaking news." He said the last part as if the though had just crossed his mind. "Paul and I are making t-shirts now." He continued talking as I laughed. "And, speaking of, guess who's gonna stay with Paul all week."

"Who is...?" I asked once I gave up on finding a potential answer.

"Paul and Alex sitting in a tree..." He spoke the lyrics to that childish song and it was enough for me to let surprise cover my face. Ian could hear my gasp and decided to answer with a sarcastic remark. "I know right?!"

Just then, I saw Vincent going into the studio room.

"Man with the suit just arrived. Gotta go." I announced.

"Good luck in there. Love you." He said quickly.

"As do I" I responded before hanging up.

-x-

Turns out, Vincent had a good feeling about the songs and he said they sounded promising. At the mention of that, our faces were decorated with smiles and hope-filled eyes. After Vincent left, every one started getting their phones out to notify their loved ones and Alex walked passed me on her way to the door.

"Wesley, you copy?" I heard her saying before she shot me a smile on her way out. When she came back, we both received an Instagram notification.

It was a picture of Paul and Ian. Paul had his arms raised up high in celebration and Ian had a big smile on his face.

' @iansomerhalder: We were just informed of @Vero1996 and @SmoothJackson27 achievement. The biggest congrats go to these hard-working women and their band mates. You both have a bright future ahead of you and we'll support you both on every step of the way. The best wishes from our side of the city to yours.
Love,
Paul&Ian '

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 237 34
At 28, Jillian realizes that her seemingly perfect life is a continuous mundane routine. she is fed up with conformity and wants change. Along the wa...
120K 1.6K 199
This is the part two/sequel of my other book 'Ian Somerhalder Instagram Love Story' this book you'll definitely see lots of resolving problems, broke...
1.3K 26 49
Every time night falls, the city always lights up the dark streets with lively city lights. The usual boring life that we were always live in, wonder...
51.8K 1.7K 52
[completed] Book 2 in the "I love you, Ian Somerhalder" series! Then? Shy, quiet girl with no interest in celebrities. Now? Hot actor boyfriend and...