Broken Vow

By zahrah_mukhtar

On losing her husband, Zain Hashim on their wedding day, Hanan Aali made a Vow to remain his widow for the re... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 3
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 8

217 38 14
By zahrah_mukhtar

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself."

Sahih al-Bukhari, 13
In-Book Reference: Book 2, Hadith 6

*****

The sunlight filtering through the curtains gently woke Hanan from her sleep. She stretched and recited the prayer of waking up, before finally getting out of bed.

As she looked around the room, the reality of her new life hit her—she was no longer living in her father's house but was now married and living with her husband.

Thoughts of Ammar crossed her mind, wondering if he had spent the night standing or had gone to his room. But she brushed it off, realizing it was not her concern.

Hanan shrugged off her thoughts and made her way to the bathroom for a shower. After getting dressed, she realized how hungry she was, having not eaten since the morning before. To find something to eat, she headed towards the door, unaware of where the kitchen was located.

As soon as Hanan opened the door, she was greeted by Ammar's bright smile. "Good morning, sweetheart," he greeted her.

Hanan glared at him before asking, "Did you spend the entire night standing?" A smirk played on her lips.

"What choice did I have? My wife refused to let me enter the room. So I guarded her all night," Ammar replied.

"Lies," Hanan said, studying him and noticing that he looked refreshed, not like someone who had spent the night standing.

"Okay, I just went and took a bath, I promise," Ammar admitted. Hanan ignored him and started walking, searching for the stairs, with Ammar following behind her.

Hanan sighed with relief when she found the stairs. As she descended, she realized Ammar was still following her. "Why are you following me?" she turned and glared at him.

"I'm also hungry," Ammar returned her glare with a smile.

"Who told you I'm hungry?" Hanan asked, and her stomach chose that moment to rumble, making her embarrassed.

"I didn't hear that," Ammar chuckled, making her even more embarrassed. She ignored him and continued descending the stairs.

"Where is the kitchen?" Hanan asked, not seeing any signs of it.

"It's that way, but for now, let's go to the dining room. The maid has already arranged the food," Ammar informed her. She nodded and followed him to the dining room.

***

After having breakfast, Hanan decided to explore the house on her own. She wanted to familiarize herself with the layout since she would be living there.

She was enchanted by the grandeur of the luxurious house—the elegant foyer with crystal chandeliers, the majestic spiral staircase with a delicately wrought iron banister, and the stunning stained glass skylight on the landing.

She explored the living rooms with their floor-to-ceiling windows, luxurious furnishings, and cozy library with leather-bound books. The gourmet kitchen impressed her with its high-end appliances and marble countertops. Hanan also discovered a private spa with an indoor pool, sauna, and Jacuzzi, as well as a home theater and a gym room.

Once she finished touring the interior, Hanan decided to explore the exterior of the house. She was amazed by the architectural beauty, noticing the intricate carvings and well-maintained gardens. Despite the presence of bodyguards, she chose to ignore them, wondering why Ammar needed such security.

The mansion featured a blend of classical and modern design, and Hanan was captivated by the grand courtyard, fountains, ponds, small forest, and hidden gems like a gazebo and butterfly garden. She also discovered a breathtaking rose garden and an outdoor amphitheater dedicated to the arts. The presence of a football and basketball field surprised her.

The house was more than just a mansion—it was a symbol of opulence and craftsmanship.

By the time Hanan was done exploring the house, she couldn't help but feel exhausted

***

"Where did you go?" Ammar asked.

Immediately after Hanan returned from her tour she collapsed into a chair in the living room downstairs.

Hanan ignored him as she always did and closed her eyes.

"Sweetheart, I'm talking to you," Ammar's breath fanned her face, and when she opened her eyes, she saw him sitting beside her.

Hanan attempted to stand up and leave, but Ammar held her hands, preventing her from doing so.

"Let go of me!" Hanan yelled.

"I want to tell you something," Ammar said, releasing her hand.

"I'm all ears," Hanan replied, still standing.

"You should sit down," Ammar suggested. Hanan huffed and reluctantly sat down, but not on the chair he was occupying.

"What is it?" Hanan asked impatiently.

"I'm sorry that my family didn't attend our wedding. As you know, the wedding came on short notice, and they were not able to make it," Ammar explained, looking at Hanan.

Hanan was dumbfounded as she hadn't even noticed that his family was absent. She had never cared about him or the wedding.

"But my father is here, he made it to the wedding. It's only my mother and sister who didn't make it. But they will be arriving from the USA soon to see you," Ammar added. Hanan simply nodded in response.

"Speaking of that, my father wants to see you, so we'll be going later in the day to see him," Ammar informed her.

"I'm going nowhere!" Hanan said sternly.

"Don't think that we're a real couple and that you're even expecting yourself to introduce me to your family because that's not going to happen! Remember that you forced me into this marriage. I never wanted to marry you, and I don't care about your family," Hanan burst out. She had been holding back before, but she couldn't anymore.

Did he think she married him willingly and would be happy with him and meeting his family? He was wrong about that.

"I'm sorry that I had to force you to marry me. But maybe later you'll understand why I had to do this," Ammar apologized, and Hanan raised her brow at his last remark.

"Since you're not going to meet my father, I may as well bring him here to meet you, as he's very eager to meet his daughter-in-law," Ammar said, smiling.

Hanan huffed and went upstairs to her room.

***

A few hours later, Hanan found herself agreeing to go and see Ammar's father.

Hanan thought to herself that she was only fighting with Ammar and not his family, so she wouldn't involve his family in this.

And since his father was eager to meet her, she saw nothing wrong in going to meet him.

"Shall we go now?" Ammar asked, and Hanan nodded as she stood up from the chair, and they left the living room together.

When they went outside, Hanan saw the bodyguards following right behind them. "Why are they following us?" she asked, referring to the bodyguards.

"For security, sweetheart. I didn't tell you earlier, but if you want to go out now, you're no longer going out alone anymore. The bodyguards must follow right behind you," Ammar informed her.

"What?" Hanan asked, shocked.

"Yes, sweetheart," Ammar smiled.

"I don't need bodyguards!" Hanan exclaimed.

"We'll discuss it when we're back," Ammar replied.

"Sister-in-law," Tareeq called out as he walked quickly towards where they were standing.

Hanan raised an eyebrow at being called that. As far as she knew, Tareeq was Ammar's PA, so she saw no reason for him to address her in that manner.

"Hanan, meet Tareeq, my best friend and Personal Assistant. Even though you've already met him a few times," Ammar introduced.

Hanan was surprised to learn that Tareeq was Ammar's best friend. The two of them were opposites. Tareeq seemed like a nice person compared to his ruthless best friend.

"Nice to meet you, Tareeq," Hanan said, smiling, and Ammar's blood boiled at seeing her smile like that. She never smiled at him like that!

"Nice to meet you too, Hanan," Tareeq returned the smile.

Ammar just stared at them in wonder.

"You can call me Hanan," Hanan said.

"But Ammar forbade me from calling you by your name," Tareeq said, earning a glare from Ammar.

"Don't mind him. Since we're speaking about me, call me by my name," Hanan said.

"Okay, Hanan," Tareeq smiled.

If looks could kill, Tareeq would have been killed a thousand times by Ammar's murderous glares.

"Let's go if you're done chitchatting," Ammar said, as he started walking ahead of them. They followed closely behind.

As soon as they reached the door, a bodyguard opened the backdoor for them to enter.

Ammar gestured for Hanan to enter first, and when she did and closed the door, he went through the other backdoor.

Tareeq took the passenger seat while other bodyguard occupied the driver seat. The car roared to life as they started driving, followed by five cars filled with bodyguards.

***

They arrived at Ammar's father's house and were currently waiting for him in the living room.

"Assalamu alaikum," Ammar's father, Alhaji Abbas Sheik, said as he entered the living room.

"Waalaikumusaalam," Ammar and Hanan replied, both standing up as a sign of respect.

Tareeq didn't follow them inside but stayed outside.

"My daughter, please sit down. There's no need to stand up," Alhaji Abbas Sheik said, smiling.

"Good evening, Sir," Hanan greeted, squatting down as a gesture of respect.

"No need to squat down. Please sit down and call me Baba, like how Ammar addresses me," Baba, Alhaji Abbas Sheik, said.

Hanan nodded, returning to her seat, and Baba also sat down, leaving Ammar standing.

Hanan noticed Baba has a thick American accent.

"Baba, you've started neglecting your son as soon as you saw your daughter-in-law," Ammar said, a smile playing on his lips as he finally took a seat.

Now that Ammar talked she noticed he has American accent too even though it's not as thick as Baba's. But she never noticed that!

Did you ever listened to him when he talked? Her inner voice mocked.

"Yes, I now have a beautiful and obedient daughter-in-law," Baba said, feeling happy to see his son smiling and cracking jokes instead of his usual emotionless demeanor.

If he had known that he would see his son like this, he would have already arranged his marriage to Hanan since.

"I have to thank you, Hanan, for agreeing to marry my son. I see he's even changing now and smiling more," Baba said smiling.

Hanan wondered what he meant. As far as she knew, Ammar always smiled when she was with him.

Little did Hanan know that he only smiled and let his guard down when he was with her.

"Baba," Ammar said, looking at his father with eyes that signaled him not to say anything more, so as not to blow his cover.

They spent an hour in Baba's house before bidding him goodbye and leaving.

*****

Hello, lovelies😍

How was the chapter? Hope you enjoyed reading it.

Please don't forget to vote, comment, share, and follow.

Till then.

Love Zahra💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 4.7K 68
They say; •~Indeed, their is light at the end of every tunnel~• Read and find out how a lady who is so much against arranged marriages finds herself...
138K 12.6K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...
436K 27K 56
#1 in #muslim 12 Aug, 2021 #4 in #islam 29 May, 2021 #7 in #Allah 4 May, 2021 #8 in spiritual 15,16,17 September 2016 Thanks for stoppi...
4.4K 565 42
Ayan has always been serious about marriage and hopes that one day she'll get to marry the person she loves. What happens when she is forced to get m...