Dangerous Life Ahead

By Writer_Hiya

~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ • Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industri... More

• D I S C L A I M E R •
1 : || Her Unusual Behaviour ||
2 : || The Atrocious Night ||
3 : || Will She Understand ? ||
4 : || Departure For Hastinapur ||
5. || Problems And Complications ||
6 : || Arrival In Hastinapur ||
7: || Miseries Of Life ||
8 : || Sudden Panic Attack ||
9 : || Post Wedding Rituals ||
11 : || Was it a Revenge? ||
12 : || Her Abnormal Behaviour ||
13 : || Misunderstanding and Rituals ||
14 : || Her Unusual Panick ||
15 : || Imprisonment After Dispute ||
16 : || Misunderstandings And Manipulation ||
17 : || Who's More Beautiful? ||
18 : || Bhanumati's Baby Shower ||
19 : || The Harsh Realities||
• F L O O R D E C O R •
20 : || Efforts To Mend ||
21 : || Panchali Gets Shifted ||
22 : || A Budding Mystery ||
23 : || Shakuni Is Banished ||
24 : || Bhanumati's Sudden Delivery ||
25 : || Her PTSD Syndrome ||
26 : || The Next Generation ||
27 : || The Naming Ceremony ||
28 : || Guests For Navratri||
29 : || Fragments of Entangled Relationships ||
30 : || Lesson For Love ||
31 : || Panchali Meets Subhadra ||
32 : || Her Unusual Approach ||
33 : || Understanding And Knowing ||
34 : || Hunt For Past ||
35 : || Trying To Manipulate ||
36 : || Their Slow Realization ||
37 : || Realization Of Love||
38 : || Will They Remarry?||
39 : || Their Firm Resolution ||
40 : || Sense Of Divinity||
41 : || Chasing Her Bygone||
42 : || Her Slow Acceptance ||
43 : || Yuvrani, A Mystery||
44 : || Some Different Perspectives ||
45 : || Dusshala's Unusual Demeanor ||
46 : || Their Surprise Plans ||
47 : || The Devil's Plan ||
48 : || Lavender Haze ||
49 : || Turn Of Events ||
50 : || Terror Of Night ||
51 : || Essence Of Lives ||
52 : || Healing Her ||
53 : || To Comprehend Them ||
54 : || Accepting Them Earnestly ||
55 : || Her Changing Personality ||
56 : || Her Genuine Assertion ||
57 : || Storms And Life ||
58 : || The Sudden Combat ||
59 : || Her Punctual Nature ||

10 : || Pehli Rasoi ||

590 48 48
By Writer_Hiya

The food was yet to serve the royals when they sat to have dinner.

"This shouldn't have happened. We indeed made a blunder." Dhritarashtra spoke.

"Yes, and that's why Panchali refused to perform the ritual. Pehli Rasoi was supposed to be performed at today's breakfast. Still we had to delay it for the distributions to the commoners. And now... " Gandhari trailed off.

"I am sorry to intervene, Maharani. But I think we should stop this conversation here." Aryan said, looking at awkward and hurtful expressions of the Pandavas.

"This conversation will never end." Panchali's voice caught attention. They looked at the door to find no one but seconds later, she entered the dining hall, wearing a black frill saree, with a regal attitude that screamed authority.

"Panchu-"

"This conversation will never end, Aryan. Whatever the Kuru Dynasty did with me can never be forgotten." She paused to look at the expression of her husbands which she couldn't read as they were just like her - expressionless.

She could tell that they were just listening to her. Shifting her gaze towards the elders, she spoke further.

"Nevertheless, I think it's time we let bygones be bygones. We cannot go to the past and change the things that happened. So, the least we can do is to accept."

"Thanks to Bhanumati who made me understand. Moreover, we know that change is the only constant thing in life. And, I will try to adopt this new change."

"So... " Panchali trailed off and looked behind at her handmaiden and gave a slight nod to her, who understood and went out to call other maids.

"Bhanumati had made me understand the ritual of Pehli Rasoi. So, I made the food which I can."

Her speech made the royals to smile and look at each other except some of them.

"We are glad to hear that you have started accepting us. I can assure you that slowly and steadily you will start feeling us as your dear ones. " Bhism said smiling that reached till his ears.

"That's great, dear. Forgive me that I couldn't help you. Her Majesty, Prishati, had told me that you cannot cook." Kunti started smiling at her and then a look of regret marred her features.

"Oh, if that's the case, then rest assured. We will slowly teach you everything." Gandhari joined her sister-in-law to assure Panchali.

On the other hand, Shakuni from the day one started noticing Panchali. And now, he noticed her changed behaviour.

Jo vyakti inn logo ko grina karti thi, wo achanak inse prem karne lagi?

(The one who hated these people, suddenly started loving them?)

With his one eye closed, he caressed his beards, in a deep thought we scaned the woman standing.

He tried to read her expression but failed literally.

Duryodhan noticed his uncle's line of vision and understood that he was looking at Panchali.

"Kya vichaar kar rhe hai aap, Mamashree? " Duryodhan asked frowning slightly.

(What are you thinking, uncle?)

"Mere bacche, yeh larki jaisi dikti hai waisi hai nhi." Shakuni replied not removing his gaze from her.

(My lad, this girl is not how she looks.)

"Arthath? " Duryodhan asked not getting his uncle's point.

(Means?)

"Arthath, socho mere bacche, jo vyakti kuch samay purv inn sab se itni grina krti thi ki, apne vivah ke rasm karne se mana kar rhi thi, ve achanak se inn sab ko apna mann liya aur itna prem karne lagi ki pehli rasoi ka rasm bhi purn karli."

(Means, think my lad, the one who hated these people so much moments ago that she refused to do her own wedding ritual, suddenly accepted them and even started loving them so much that she already performed the ritual.)

Duryodhan glanced at her after hearing his uncle, who was being assured of being able to cook.

"Hume unse koi lena dena nhi hai, Mamashree." Duryodhan removed his gaze from her towards his uncle.

(We have nothing to do anything with her, uncle.)

Now it was Shakuni's time to remove his gaze from Panchali towards his nephew.

"Murkh maat bano, mere bacche. Main jo karta hoon wo tumhare bhale ke liye hi karta hoon. Isliye mere khilaf maat jao."

(Don't be fool, my lad. Whatever I do, is for your good only. So, don't go against me, my lad.)

"Aap kehna kya chahte hai, Mamashree?" Duryodhan asked after a quick thought.

(What do you want to say, uncle?)

"Panchali humare liye bohot bara astra hai, mere bacche. Wohi ek hai jo panch Pandava ko jor rakhe hai. Aur whi hai jo unn pancho ko bikhar ke rakh sakti hai."

(Panchali is a big weapon for us, my lad. She is the one who ties the five Pandava together. And she is also the one who can separate those five.)

Dusshasan who was sitting beside Duryodhan heard Shakuni very well.

"Kintu Mamashree, Panchali ne humari priya behen, Dusshala ki jivan nark hone se bachai. Uss dusht Jayadrath ka asli chehra whi dikhai hai hume. Usko humare rajneeti ke madhya le aana kya uchit hoga? "

(But uncle, Panchali saved our dear sister, Dusshala's life from being hell. She showed the true colours of that wicked Jayadrath. Will it be right to involve her in our politics?)

"Dusshasan uchit keh rha hai, Mamashree. Panchali ne hum-" Duryodhan was interrupted by Shakuni who grumbled hearing Dusshasan.

(Dusshasan is right, uncle.)

"Murkh mat bano, mere baccho. Putri Dusshala ke liye Panchali ne jo kiya hai woh uchit tha. Kintu Duryodhan tum apne jivan ke laksh se durr ja rhe ho." Shakuni's speech caused Duryodhan to frown.

(Don't be fool, my lads. Whatever Panchali did for Dusshala was right. But Duryodhan, you are going away from your life target.)

"Maine Pandavo ke ankho mein prem dekha hai apni patni ke prati. Uska toh hum kuch nhi kar sakte. Lekin hum jo kar sakte hai, woh hai Panchali ko apne hi patiyo ke khilaf. Usse hume hi labh hoga. Ab socho agar...." Shakuni trailed off, cautiously looking at Duryodhan who thought for a few moments before an evil smirk got plastered on his face.

(I have seen love in the Pandavas eyes for their wife. And we can't do anything for that. But the least we can do is that making Panchali against her husbands.)

Their conversation came to an end when Panchali spoke, "Malini, serve the food."

Panchali turned to go towards her room but stopped in her tracks suddenly when she heard a voice.

Kunti suddenly spoke grabbing attention of all, "Wait. Why are you serving them, Daasi?"

The maid stopped being startled from serving the dinner to the Pandavas, made by Panchali.

Panchali turned frowning but she was surprised when Kunti asked her to, "Dear, it's your post wedding ritual going on. And according to the ritual, you should serve the food made by you, to your husbands."

"What !? Are you kidding me?" She was now losing her temper. Was making food not enough for all the drama that now she need to serve the food also?

She tried to make up her sentence saying, "I mean -" but was interrupted by Bheem, "I am very hungry. Please, it's my request, serve the food. They are looking so delicious."

Bheem's whining made everyone laugh, obviously except few which even include Panchali herself.

You are so eager to have the food, isn't it? Your wish shall be fulfilled in such a way that you will never be able to forget tonight's dinner. Panchali thought with a sinister expression, looking straight at Bheem who was laughing with his family being teased for his food.

"Malini, give me the plate of aloo parathas." Panchali asked skipping her glances from her one husband to another, and walking towards them.

Keeping eye contact with Yudhishthir, she crouched down to his level as they were sitting on the floor, making his heart thump on the way.

Her action was all too slow and there was a silence all around but no one really noticed them as all were busy among themselves with maids serving dinner to them.

Their eyes were locked for a few moments while there was a little distance between their faces.

Yudhishthir could feel his heart throbbing wildly as he could feel the closeness between him and her.

He could feel the heat rising up till his face, making him sweat.

Her lotus shaped eyes slowly dropped from his eyes till his nose and at last his lips, making his heart skip a beat by then.

She again looked back at his eyes before breaking the eye contact, and then placing four parathas on his plate.

A pleasant smile formed on his lips thinking it was the first time his wife made food for him.

She didn't know to cook but still tried, for them. Maybe, just maybe, she was trying to give their relationship a chance.

And we brothers will never disappoint you. Yudhishthir thought, taking a quick glance from her who was busy serving Bheem.

Getting up, she then crouched down beside the next seat where Bheem sat. And without any delay she placed four parathas.

"Give me four more." Bheem voiced out when she was ready to get up but stopped listening to his demand.

"Four more?" She asked, getting a confirmation nod. "Are you serious? You will eat eight parathas?"

"Yes, why not? I love eating." Bheem said shrugging and smiling that reached till his ears.

"Why are you looking at me in that way? Is there anything on my face?" Bheem asked, touching his face upon seeing Panchali still looking at him.

Nakul jumped into the conversation saying, "She got scared, Bhrata Bheem, hearing your eating habits. Poor she is to serve you the food."

Dusshala was the next one to pull Bheem's leg, with a teasing expression, "Bhrata Bheem, it's the first time you are eating Bhabi's handmade food. No matter how it taste, you will have to finish the food."

A laughter spreaded across the dining hall which broke Panchali's reverie. She placed another four parathas on Bheem's plate and got up to go next to Arjun.

"And why do you think I will not complete the food. Just look at the curry, it looks so delicious, so mouth watering. I can't wait to start crunching over these." Bheem stated, spreading a round of laughter throughout the dining hall.

Meanwhile Panchali was going to place four parathas on, Arjun's plate but stopped hearing Bheem, "Do you want to eat eight parathas or even more than that?"

Arjun snickered looking at her hearing a little sarcasm, "Four is enough." He replied smiling at her.

Performing the post wedding ritual made him believe that she has started accepting the new changes. And that includes them. That includes him.

And Arjun knew that he and his brothers will try a thousand more times to mend their relationship.

She got up to go next to Nakul who was smiling a way to much, that Panchali thought to be weird, Doesn't his face hurt?

"How many?" Two words question and Nakul knew what she was asking.

"No no, I am not Bhrata Bheem that I will eat eight parathas. Four is more than enough for me." Panchali ignored his ranting and placed four parathas on his plate. "I need to maintain my figure by the way. So, I shouldn't eat so much and become fat in the process."

"Hey, we receive strength from food. Hence, we should eat more and more food...." Bheem said and the conversation went on among the royals.

Panchali served four parathas on Sahdev's plate who was quite and just nodded when she asked him to take parathas.

Three bowls of different cuisines, she placed on each of their plates.

"You also come and have a sit with us, dear." Kunti called her to sit with them, when she was going to turn towards her room. "Do one thing, there's a vacant seat beside Yudhishthir, you go and sit there."

Panchali frowned when she noticed that Yudhishthir flinched slightly when Kunti asked her to take a seat beside him. Strange!

She nevertheless denied the offer, "No, I won't seat for dinner...I mean it's not time for my dinner and moreover I don't eat these oily food."

"But you need to eat these, dear. The ritual is that you should make some cuisines for both your husbands and you. And only a sweet dish for the whole family." Gandhari pointed out and Kunti nodded while Bhanumati gave a look towards Panchali when she looked at her.

"I need to have these food? And that's the ritual? " Panchali asked again for confirmation.

"Obviously dear, you got it right. " Kunti confirmed smiling.

Oh shit ! I can't have these. Panchali thought. "Okay, I'll have these but after sometime as now is not my usual dinner time. After half an hour, I will surely eat. You all please continue."

"Let Panchali do as she wishes. Let's start the dinner." Bhism commanded.

The five turned their head towards her after exchanging glances among them, only to find she was already looking at them with a blank face.

Just one step from her side was needed for them and they will surely show the world how their imperfect marriage work perfectly.

Removing their gazes, they, together, dipped a piece of parathas into a curry of their choice, and then stuffed it inside their mouth.

-------------------------------------------------

Heya Lovelies,

Should I apologize? Okay, Sorry !!

I hope my readers are not angry on me for posting the next part soo late. But if you do, then again sorry... Please forgive me.

You know what, I was dying to write this chapter even when I didn't started DLA.

But because of the word limit, I had to divide this part into two.

Okiee now please vote the chapter and comment as much as you can.

Thanking You,
Hiya

-------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 665 14
Krisha a sweet and caring person who doesn't even have a single mean cell in her body who rules everyone with her heart and has everyone wrapped arou...
45.2K 2.5K 18
After a major heartbreak which made her too afraid to love again, Aarohi unexpectedly falls into the era of Mahabharata. She alternates between the p...
138K 7K 42
Cover credit : @Sassy_Nightangle Draupadi was a well-known princess of Panchal and queen of Indraprastha, after the great war of Gurushetra she becam...
247K 16K 142
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...