๐‘บ๐’‰๐’‚๐’“๐’…๐’”

By Dedun_Herself

"๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐›๐ซ๐จ๐ค๐ž๐ง ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฎ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ช๐ฎ๐ข๐ž๐ญ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ... More

Holaโœจ
๐•Šโ„๐”ธโ„๐”ป๐•Š
โ„™โ„๐•†๐•ƒ๐•†๐”พ๐•Œ๐”ผ
๐™ฒ๐™ท๐™ฐ๐š๐™ฐ๐™ฒ๐šƒ๐™ด๐š ๐™ฐ๐™ด๐š‚๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ด๐šƒ๐™ธ๐™ฒ๐š‚ 1
๐™พ๐™ฝ๐™ด
๐šƒ๐š†๐™พ
๐šƒ๐™ท๐š๐™ด๐™ด
๐™ต๐™พ๐š„๐š
๐™ต๐™ธ๐š…๐™ด
๐š‚๐™ธ๐š‡
Not a update
๐š‚๐™ด๐š…๐™ด๐™ฝ
๐™ด๐™ธ๐™ถ๐™ท๐šƒ
๐™ฝ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ด
๐™พ๐š„๐š ๐™ท๐™ด๐™ฐ๐™ณ ๐™ฟ๐š๐™ด๐™ต๐™ด๐™ฒ๐šƒ๐š‚
๐šƒ๐™ด๐™ฝ
๐™ด๐™ป๐™ด๐š…๐™ด๐™ฝ
๐šƒ๐š†๐™ด๐™ป๐š…๐™ด
๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ธ๐š๐šƒ๐™ด๐™ด๐™ฝ
๐™ต๐™พ๐š„๐š๐šƒ๐™ด๐™ด๐™ฝ
๐™ต๐™ธ๐™ต๐šƒ๐™ด๐™ด๐™ฝ
๐š‚๐™ธ๐š‡๐šƒ๐™ด๐™ด๐™ฝ
๐š‚๐™ด๐š…๐™ด๐™ฝ๐šƒ๐™ด๐™ด๐™ฝ
๐™ด๐™ธ๐™ถ๐™ท๐šƒ๐™ด๐™ด๐™ฝ
๐™ฝ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ด๐šƒ๐™ด๐™ด๐™ฝ
๐šƒ๐š†๐™ด๐™ฝ๐šƒ๐šˆ
๐šƒ๐š†๐™ด๐™ฝ๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™พ๐™ฝ๐™ด
๐šƒ๐š†๐™ด๐™ฝ๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐šƒ๐š†๐™พ
๐šƒ๐š†๐™ด๐™ฝ๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐šƒ๐™ท๐š๐™ด๐™ด
๐šƒ๐š†๐™ด๐™ฝ๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ต๐™พ๐š„๐š
๐šƒ๐š†๐™ด๐™ฝ๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ต๐™ธ๐š…๐™ด
๐šƒ๐š†๐™ด๐™ฝ๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐š‚๐™ธ๐š‡
ANNOUNCEMENT
๐šƒ๐š†๐™ด๐™ฝ๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐š‚๐™ด๐š…๐™ด๐™ฝ
๐šƒ๐š†๐™ด๐™ฝ๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ด๐™ธ๐™ถ๐™ท๐šƒ
๐šƒ๐š†๐™ด๐™ฝ๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ฝ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ด (๐™ฐ)
๐šƒ๐š†๐™ด๐™ฝ๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ฝ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ด(๐™ฑ)
๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ธ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ
๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ธ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™พ๐™ฝ๐™ด
๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ธ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐šƒ๐š†๐™พ
๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ธ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐šƒ๐™ท๐š๐™ด๐™ด
๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ธ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ต๐™พ๐š„๐š
๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ธ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ต๐™ธ๐š…๐™ด
๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ธ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐š‚๐™ธ๐š‡
๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ธ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐š‚๐™ด๐š…๐™ด๐™ฝ
๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ธ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ด๐™ธ๐™ถ๐™ท๐šƒ(๐™ฐ)
๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ธ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ด๐™ธ๐™ถ๐™ท๐šƒ(๐™ฑ)
๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ธ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ฝ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ด
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™พ๐™ฝ๐™ด
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐šƒ๐š†๐™พ
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐šƒ๐™ท๐š๐™ด๐™ด
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ต๐™พ๐š„๐š(๐™ฐ)
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ต๐™พ๐š„๐š(๐™ฑ)
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ต๐™ธ๐š…๐™ด
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐š‚๐™ธ๐š‡(๐™ฐ)
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐š‚๐™ธ๐š‡(๐™ฑ)
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐š‚๐™ด๐š…๐™ด๐™ฝ(๐™ฐ)
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐š‚๐™ด๐š…๐™ด๐™ฝ(๐™ฑ)
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐š‚๐™ด๐š…๐™ด๐™ฝ(๐™ฒ)
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ด๐™ธ๐™ถ๐™ท๐šƒ
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ฝ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ด(๐™ฐ)
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ฝ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ด (๐™ฑ)
๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ฝ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ด(๐™ฒ)
๐™ต๐™ธ๐™ต๐šƒ๐šˆ
๐™ต๐™ธ๐™ต๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™พ๐™ฝ๐™ด
๐™ต๐™ธ๐™ต๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐šƒ๐š†๐™พ
๐™ต๐™ธ๐™ต๐šƒ๐šˆ ๐šƒ๐™ท๐š๐™ด๐™ด
ANNOUNCEMENT
๐™ต๐™ธ๐™ต๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ต๐™พ๐š„๐š
๐™ต๐™ธ๐™ต๐šƒ๐šˆ-๐™ต๐™ธ๐š…๐™ด

๐™ต๐™พ๐š๐šƒ๐šˆ

429 132 358
By Dedun_Herself

From a draft to a book on its way to ten thousand reads, that's now at its fortieth chapter. I am so emoshona and I feel so proud of myself. I couldn't have come this far without your support and trust me when I say your support is overly appreciated! I love you, fam!♥️

Everyone wiggle your bootiessssssss😌😌😌

Okay!😂

This chapter ehn, please, I beg you in the name of God, if you are eating something spicy, finish it fess before you continue reading make heat and humour no go finish you.😂😂😂🤲

With that being said,

Leggo!😌

The song for this chapter- That Way by Tate Macrae.

_______________𖧷_______________

"𝐼 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑖𝑛𝑐ℎ
𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑏𝑜𝑑𝑦
𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑒
𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼'𝑑 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑎𝑦
𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒓."

_________________𖧷_______________

          ~𝚂𝙷𝙰𝙺𝙸𝚁𝙰 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙸𝙾𝙻𝙰 𝙼𝙰𝙻𝙸𝙺~

"There's no way in hell I am wearing that to the dance!" I was screaming at the top of my lungs, my eyes fixated on the road ahead of me. I heard Chizaram groan beside me, where she was seated in the passenger's seat. I slowed my pace, taking the turn that would lead us to the estate we were heading to.

"Kira, come on now!" 

"It's not bad! The dress is really pretty!" She was way past convincing me. Her soft tone was quick to morph into a chiding one. I scoffed, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel before sparing her a glance through my peripheral vision.

She looked like a doll with her arms folded across her chest, her lips pursed in a tight frown. Maybe I would have taken her more seriously if she didn't pack her hair into two huge buns, securing them with clips and claws and let's not forget, the pink cotton two-piece she was wearing; a long-sleeved crop top and matching thigh-length shorts.

I tried to maintain a straight face after peeling my eyes off her but the more I tried to stifle my laughter, the harder it got and the wheeze-like rumble finally tore through my mouth. 

"I don't like you!" She put it straight to me through gritted teeth and I chuckled. There was no way in hell I was going to wear something that extravagant to the dance. I'll look like a peacock!

"Have you seen that dress? It looks like it's going to weigh a ton!" I shouted in exasperation, driving into the estate.

"You wey talk say make I wear dress, why don't you wear it?" I sneered and she huffed.

"It's not my style but__"

"Exactly!" I affirmed, cutting her short.

"Zee, it's not your style the same way it's not my style besides, why are we making a fuss over a dance that's still coming up in weeks to this time?" I asked her, genuinely interested in knowing why she was so invested in this dance.

"Because there's so much to plan!" She whined like a little child and I exhaled, nodding my head.

"I am not saying you shouldn't plan. I am just trying to tell you to see things from my point of view. I vote simple and classy. Nothing more, nothing less." I deadpanned and I knew that if she wasn't such a coconut head, she was supposed to deduce from my tone that I was done having this conversation with her.

"Oh, please!" She shunned me, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Left to you, you can tie wrapper to the dance and I am not going to allow you to ruin my reputation! Besties slay together and that's on period!"  She sassed me and I rolled my eyes, slowing my pace. I honked, to alert the security guard of my arrival and waited for him to come to open the gate. He arrived after a while and pushed the gate open, paving the way for me to drive into the compound.

I found a spot in the garage and I brought the car to a stop, turning off the engine. I turned to the light-skinned, who was quick to adjust the rearview mirror to her side, applying gloss to her lips and smacking it occasionally.

Wasn't her lips shimmering enough?

"Bitch, amma lip gloss my lips to death," She spoke up as though she could read my mind, eliciting a scoff from me. I leaned over to the backseat, grabbing our backpack. I dumped it on her lap and she glared at me, tucking her lip gloss into a compartment attached to the backpack.

"I packed the bag, you should carry it." I defended myself, my eyes darting around the car's compartment for my phone. 

"So!" She chirped and I groaned. She got like that whenever she had some gossip to share with me or if she had questions to ask me. I arched my brow at her and told her to get on with it.

"Has Stefan asked you to be his date?" She asked me like it was the most normal thing in the world, grinning from ear to ear. I had expected everything but not the question she asked me. It was like a hard jam in the guts, my eyes nearly bulging out of their sockets.

"Zee!" I shrieked and she rolled her eyes.

"What!?" She shot back at me.

"No matter, he's going to ask you. When he does, if you don't tell me, I will haunt you in your dreams." She threatened me, her voice thick with a conviction that was so convincing like she was so sure of what she was saying.

"Oshey, all-knowing!" I said sarcastically.

"How are you so sure?" I queried, my eyes fixated on her frame, arching one of my brows at her. I wanted to know why she sounded so sure about him asking me to go to the dance with him as his date.

"Easy peasy, you are the only girl in his life." She shrugged casually and her words struck me so hard, shaking me to the core. My cheeks chose that specific moment to rat me out, going up in flames. 

There was something about that realisation that just made my heart leap up in excitement. The thought of being the only girl in his life was so…fulfilling. It didn't seem so bad. Trying to imagine another girl in his life other than me suddenly didn't sit well with me. Heck, I couldn't help the frown that descended on my face.

"Omo, see mad blushing!" She taunted me and I rolled my eyes, suppressing a smile.

"Aunty, abeg. Let's go inside. The boys are waiting!" She burst into laughter, palming her face in amusement. 

"I don't like you!" I shot at her.

Her infuriating laughter grew more potent, annoying me further.

"Well, you are about to hate me even more." She grinned, dumping the backpack on my lap and bolted out of the car.

"I am going to shave you bald!" I yelled, making sure she heard me. I exhaled, picked up the backpack and let myself out of the car. I shut the door behind me, locking the door with my keys. I dropped the backpack on the roof, shrugging off the Jean jacket I was wearing on a brown romper. I slowly reached for the bag, my mind wandering to what she said earlier.

If I was the only girl in his life, why hasn't he asked me? Does he think I don't fit into the criteria of being his date? What if he has someone else he wants to ask? Was there another girl in the picture? The thought of him going to the dance with another girl made my chest constrict in pain, leaving rage to build up in me. My forehead creased in a frown as I unzipped the backpack, angrily stuffing my jacket into it.

I shouldn't be mad, right?

Well, fuck that. I am pissed.

God, this boy was driving me insane. I mean, I shouldn't even be bothered about him taking me to the dance or not. He had every right to take any girl he wanted to the dance.

"But I want it to be me!" I whined, stomping my feet on the ground. I buried my head into the backpack, screaming into it. I was acting like a brat but I didn't care. I was just really pissed at him.

I thought he was your friend. Why are you vexed?

"I have every right to be mad!" I shunned the tiny voice. I sunk my fingers into my braids, brushing them backwards. I had to get my act together. I had to keep this truckload of insecurities barrelling toward me out of nowhere. I hissed through my teeth, snatching my bag and phone off the roof of the car. I flung the backpack on my shoulder, marching towards the house.

He could go with Marsai Martin for all I care. 

I don't give a shit.

                                       •••••

"Omooo!"

"E dey do me like say I wan craze."

"Anything wey wan sup like this, make e sup. If dem like, make dem go set the questions from Toronto, I no dey read again, abeg." Abasi lamented, expressing his displeasure. He glared down at the book in front of me, then slammed it shut, dropping his head into his palms.

We were gathered in the second living room in Stefan's house, which I dared say might be bigger than the first one. And the decor? A bomb.

I threw him a look on the Sofa he lay on, the laughter I was struggling so hard to stifle, tumbled out of my mouth, carelessly. His words plunged the room into chaos and our laughter soon fell in sync, the living room echoing like a madhouse. At some point, I was clutching my tummy so hard, wheezing in between.

The boy never fails to make his displeasure towards reading, glaring. It was baffling how the guy wasn't failing in class. The lowest grade in his results has to be a C. I didn't understand how his brain works and I honestly don't want to know. 

"You are just useless. Read, no! Keep quiet, no! What do you now want to do?" Jeremy sneered after our laughter died down. My eyes darted to the brown-skinned boy that was sprawled on the Sofa opposite me, a folded jotter occupying one of his hands while the other one occasionally got busy with Zee's curls. She had the sole of her feet resting at the back of her thighs, her book resting on her lap.

"Mind your business!" Abasi shot at him, throwing him a nasty glare and my lips twitched in an amused smile, my eyes darting to and fro the duo as I clicked my pen. Jeremy stooped to his level, sticking out his tongue at him and that ticked him off. He picked up the book beside him, hauling it at his head.

"Break my head o!" Zee shouted.

"Honestly, I can't do this anymore." He faked a sob.

"Can't we praise God? Why do we have to go to school, sef?" He quizzed, his lips pursed in a tight frown.

"Nothing wey anybody fit tell me, Blue Cove's board of directors get trust issues because if it's not trust issues, they wouldn't be giving us exams!" He said in exasperation and what made it more hilarious was how he said it with all seriousness. His expression didn't falter. 

"You have taught us, we understand, then rest." He hissed through his teeth, whipping out his phone from the pocket of his black sweatpants. I shook my head at him in amusement, getting comfortable on the sofa I was seated on, in a monk style. My eyes skimmed the rough sheet in my hands and I proceeded to jot on it.

"You no go like rest too?" 

"You know you are being a distraction, right?" He queried, speaking up for the first time since the conversation started. My hands grew still on my rough sheet, my eyes snapping off my book instantaneously. It felt like I had been waiting for him to talk all day. No, it didn't feel like it. I had been waiting for him to say something and God, hearing him utter a word for the first time this evening felt so foreign.

He sounded so…bored in a way, his voice coated with a slight depth that I found so appealing.

We have been having study sessions at his place for days now. It was initially Jeremy's idea. It was revision week at school. During this period we closed early at school and could miss school if we wanted. Our exams were coming up soon and we had to prepare really hard for them, whichever way we could.

No shit, judging by how burned out I was during our test week. I had no doubts that the exams will be an upgraded version of that. One that didn't need a subscription because it was mandatory. The school's marking scheme was so strict and the way they graded us was beyond me.

Not gonna lie, the study sessions have been so helpful. I had time to work on my weak aspects and also got the chance to broaden my knowledge of the aspects I was pretty good at.

I blinked, my mind straying to the response he gave to what Abasi just said and reflexively, I did the one thing I had been avoiding since morning. I jerked my head in his direction. We were on the same Sofa but he was seated close to the end, while I occupied the other end. An inaudible scoff excited my lips when I remembered that he told me to come to sit with him but I lied through my teeth that I was okay where I was.

Yeah, I was starting to regret that but I would rather stuff my hair in my throat than admit that to his face.

My eyes did a slow crawl over his frame, anchoring on the anti-blue light glasses that were perched on the bridge of his nose. And right there, it made it the umpteenth time that I will admit how gorgeous he looks with glasses. The idea of seeing him wear it all the time didn't seem so bad. In truth, I loved it. I was practically packing my jaws on the ground when I saw it on his face this morning. He told me he uses it to shield his eyes from the blue light that oozed off the laptop's screen and he was right because his eyes had been glued to the damn thing all day.

There was this subtle sexy nerd vibe that was associated with his style today. It was totally in sync with his personality and then the glasses? It amplified everything! The boy literally ate and left no crumbs in the white sleeveless hoodie he paired with ash sweatpants and funny-looking black Yeezy slides that was neatly arranged by the edge of the sofa.

It was starting to seem creepy but the urge to stare at him to my heart's content was much stronger. The harder I resisted, the more intense the urge got. It was a good thing I refused to sit with him though because if I had, I wouldn't have written shit.

The boy was like a walking distraction.

That makes you want to ditch your home training for him, abi?

Oh, fuck you.

"Kira?"

"Kira!"

"Shakira Niniola Sequoia Malik!" Zee's loud voice snapped me out of my thoughts, jolting me back to reality. I was irritated, wincing at how loud her voice was. My eyes darted to the girl that had seated up. One of my brows tugged up at her, instinctively.

"Really?" I asked dryly.

"Are you okay?" She queried and I nodded. She looked like she was trying to suppress her smile but I didn't get a chance to discern her facial expression when my eyes flickered to Jeremy's. He wasn't even trying to hide his emotions. He wanted me to see it. He was so amused like he knew something I didn't know. I threw him a stink eye and looked away from him.

"Yeah, I am fine. I am okay. I am fine." I rapped out all in one breath and it occurred to me how dumb I sounded. It made me cringe. Abasi's snicker couldn't have sounded more infuriating at that moment. I shot him a glare and he raised his hands in mock surrender. 

"You look…" Zee trailed off with a teasing smile on her face, unsure of the word to use to describe how I looked.

"Red in the face," Jeremy aided her in completing her sentence, his voice heavy with tease.

"You guys should leave me!" I huffed.

"We are not holding you o," Abasi chipped in and I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed the throw pillow beside me and threw it at him. He toppled over, throwing his head backwards and laughing so hard.

"Why are you guys suddenly on my case?" I demanded with an eye roll.

"We are not___" That was Stefan but I beat him to it. Was he kidding me right now? My resolve broke, and the restraint I was holding on to finally snapped.

"Who is we?"  I raised a brow at him, rudely, challenging him. I was genuinely interested in knowing what he meant by "We are not..." Then, I scoffed, holding his gaze. 

"As far as I am concerned, there are only four people in this room. That includes me, Zee, Jeremy and Abasi!" I bit at him harshly. Jeremy and Abasi whistled lightly at my words but I wasn't even done. He doesn't get to speak to me!

"You haven't said shit to me since, so why do you think you can pitch in while I am talking to my friends? Mind your business, abeg. Press your laptop in peace and leave me the fuck alone!" I shouted at him and the room grew silent. The air was thick with so much tension. I could swear that I would pick up on the dropping of a pin with how quiet the room was. 

I didn't miss the look of shock that flashed across his face.

Then, I blinked, slowly coming to terms with all I just said to him. Shit, where did all that come from? God, it sounded better in my head!

"Uh, babe, do you want to get a drink downstairs?" Zee asked her boyfriend, speaking up to ease the tension in the room.

"Definitely!" He affirmed and rose to his feet, leading his girl out of the room.

"Mohna wait, abeg." Abasi shot up from his seat, trailing behind the duo.

Oh, God.

                                    •••••

If I was embarrassed earlier, I was a nervous Trainwreck now. The room suddenly felt like it had its heat increased to the highest temperature. My palms suddenly grew sweaty, and my throat ran dry. I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eye. I should have weighed the odds in my head before snapping at him. He didn't do anything wrong.

Well, he has been ignoring me! I whined internally.

The walls in the room suddenly looked like the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes on, my heart picking up a faster pace, hammering loudly against my chest. I could hear it in my ears. It was deafening.

"Reina…" His voice trailed off, holding a hint of caution in it like he was hanging at the utmost edge, trying his hardest not to poke an irritable bear.

My embarrassment heightened to its peak, even more. I just blew up at him and I was being a total bitch for no reason.

You are mad at him.

No, I am not.

Toor, whatever floats your boat.

"Are we really going to do this?" He asked, his voice sounding so low, trails of exhaustion hanging in it. Was I stressing him out? Does he think I am a handful? I breathed softly, looking down at my fingers and picking at them.

I heard him shut his laptop before walking over to where I sat. A huge part of me wanted to shrink into a ball and just disappear into thin air. I was wallowing in shame, my heart pounding furiously against my chest. He cocooned me with his essence once he settled beside me, smelling so fresh like he just stepped out of the shower. 

I sucked in some breath.

"Would you look at me, at least?" He requested, his voice drawn into a whisper. His tone held a silent plea that broke my resolve of not wanting to look him in the eye. It immediately felt like I was being puppeted. I sat up, turning my face in his direction. I saw relief wash over his face and he inched forward, earning a swift gulp from me.

I shouldn't be so affected by our proximity, right?

I took in some air, suddenly at a loss for words. I wanted to say something but the words were just stuck in my throat. If this was what hypnotism felt like, then I didn't want to break out of it. I was held transfixed by the captivating pool of grey essence behind those glasses. The bluish lens of his glasses made it even more pronounced. They seized me in their hold, nullifying my senses and robbing me of my speech.

My eyes followed his next move and I could have sworn I didn't see it coming. He swept his tongue over his bottom lips and shit, I nearly lost it. It was so hot!

Menascum, hold on to that.

I wanted to snap out of this trance. I really wanted to. 

Snap out of it, Kira. He's your friend. I subtly reminded myself, blinking rapidly, and then I cleared my throat.

"What?" I frowned, folding my arms across my chest.

"Why are you so mad at me?" He queried and I snorted, holding my tongue back but the sly thing was smarter.

"You have been ignoring me all day! You haven't said a thing to me since!" I was supposed to sound like a big girl like I had it all under control. But instead of that, my voice came out in a whine and I sounded like a child. I cringed internally in embarrassment at how I sounded.

He stared at me for a moment and his lips slowly curved in an amused smile, heavy tease evident in his eyes and I turned crimson, looking away from him.

"Heyyyyy,"

"Look at me," He urged me on and I heed his request.

"I would never ignore you, Reina. Never." He assured me and I knew he meant it because the assuring look in his eyes said everything there was to say about the whole thing. I couldn't resist cooing at how cute he sounded, a large grin creeping up to my face.

This boy effortlessly knew the right things to say. I could bet an arm that he probably doesn't know the effect his words had on me.

"I just wanted you to try studying yourself. It's always the two of us studying. I wanted you to have some time to yourself. I didn't want to be all up in your face. I'm really sorry I made you feel that way. I didn't mean to." He clarified softly and it couldn't have dawned more on me how wrong I was to treat him the way I did.

It was so hard to be mad at him. I couldn't stay mad at him, not when he was so sweet and so adorable while at it.

"I am sorry for yelling at you too," I mumbled with remorse laced in my tone. He closed in on me, pressing a soft kiss to my head and my eyes snapped shut, eliciting a sigh of contentment from me as I relished in the feeling of having his lips pressed against my forehead. 

My eyes fluttered open and he slowly retreated, his hot breath fanning the skin of my face. The courage I didn't know I had, hit me abruptly and then, I fucked the odds in my head, leaning forward and trapping him against the chair with my eyes fixated on him.

I got atop him, straddling him.

That courage slowly dissipated, fear creeping into me because I wasn't sure of what he would think about what I just did but he countered them by placing his hand on the small of my back, tugging me forward and I let out a soft gasp.

With this boy, every ounce of reasoning I ever had in me was always shredded into tiny pieces, stuffed in the waste bin. But, who needed reasoning anyway? It was overrated. There was something about him that just flicks the jar of recklessness I had in me, causing it to waver in it's steps. He adjusted me on his lap, a soft breath evading me.

My braids had completely covered half of my face and I reached for it, wanting to sweep it over my shoulder but he beat me to it. He brought his hand to my face, sweeping the braids off my face. It fell to my back, en masse but he didn't retract his hand from my face. It brushed the skin daintily trailing down to my shoulder. I tried to fight back a moan but it left my lips anyways.

"I am not crushing you with my weight, am I?" My voice came out so low, our eyes locking in a stare. His gaze was so intense and his eyes seemed to have gained a darker shade of grey despite the bright lights that filtered from the chandeliers, highlighting the astounding beauty of his golden skin. 

God, this boy was perfect.

"No, you are not. This is just perfect." He debunked. The richness of his voice, whenever he spoke to me in a whisper couldn't have been more pronounced. The words of affirmation rolled off his tongue, coated with a certain amount of sexiness. I couldn't fight the smirk that tugged at my lips as I stared down at him. It was swift but I saw his expression falter, his eyes flickering to my cleavage that was exposed in the thin-strapped romper I was wearing.

I swallowed, my eyes drifting to his lips and I leaned in until our faces were inches apart, our hot soft breaths filling the room. I tilted my head, pressing a kiss to his jaw, earning me a low moan of satisfaction that urged me on, his hands tightening around my waist. His hold on the small of my back was beginning to falter and the ties holding his restraint together finally snapped when my lips met his neck.

"Fuck, Reina!" He uttered with a husky growl, his hands riding below my waist and reaching for my ass giving it a soft squeeze. A moan eluded me and I buried my face in the crook of his neck__

We were interrupted by the loud slam of the door and I breathed into his neck, not in the least bothered that someone could walk in on us in this position. Instead, I was a tad bit irritated. We tried catching our ragged breaths and then, I looked over my shoulder to see Abasi halted in his tracks, his eyes assessing the situation before him, raw amusement evident in them.

The boy had such bad timing! 

I rolled my eyes and got off Stefan, catching the phrase 'motherfucker' which he muttered beneath his breath.

"Why don't you break the door?!" Stefan shot at him sarcastically. Abasi sent him a teasing smirk, plopping on the sofa he was seated on earlier with a loud thud.

"Don't transfer your aggression on me, abeg." He snickered, whipping out his phone from his pocket and that ticked Stefan off.

"You are an idiot," He said through gritted teeth and I chuckled.

"Rest," Abasi grinned, wiggling his eyebrows at him. Stefan should have gotten the message that Abasi was trying to rile him up but he fell right into the trap.

"Jeremy was right, you are just useless." Stefan countered, glaring at him. The guy was so frustrated and Abasi wasn't even helping. He was just worsening the whole thing with his comebacks. I found their bickering so entertaining.

"Boysss!" Jeremy pushed the door open, sauntering into the living room with Zee on his back, the latter keeping her hands busy with his hair, beaming with smiles like a two-year-old.

"I leave you two for two minutes and you are about to murder each other." His tone held a hint of sass.

"He started it!" Stefan got defensive, sulking with a deep frown on his face. Abasi went even lower, sticking out his tongue at him.

"If you two don't have shame, cultivate it!" Zee snapped, chiding them. She got off his back and the duo plopped heavily on the couch, snuggling against each other immediately, eliciting a subtle eye roll from me. 

"Love to see it!" Abasi shrieked and we all swung our heads in his direction, wondering what was making him so overjoyed. Although, I had an inkling as to the reason he was like that. I just didn't want to jump to conclusions.

"Allan just posted on the finalist's group chat!"

"Omo, this guy sabi, abeg!"

"He's hosting a pool party on Saturday!" He screamed in excitement, his loud voice echoing through the room. The hiss that accompanied his words came directly from Jeremy and I couldn't stifle my chuckle. How I wish he could channel that same energy into reading.

"A party? There's no way I am missing it!" Zee chirped and I palmed my face with my rough sheet, groaning into it. She took her head off her boyfriend's chest, pulling at his cheeks.

"Babe, look at me. We are going." Her tone gave him no room to counter her and he exhaled, nodding his head. It was useless trying to argue with her, not like he would win anyway.

"You guys na!" She whined.

"Y'all should listen to Chi, abeg." Abasi aided her and his friends threw him a glare that made him smile sheepishly, tossing his phone up and down. Then, she turned to me, the determined look in her eyes deterring me from arguing but I still wanted to try my luck.

"You are not talking your way out of this one. We'll be writing our exams soon. Yeah, which is tragic, by the way. We need something to cool off. I am pretty sure our brains are steaming right now and what could fix that if it's not a bubbly atmosphere!" She squealed at the end of her sentence, clasping her hands like a child.

"I agree with Chi," Abasi spoke up, again.

"Ode, why won't you agree with her? Na balling jus full that your head." Stefan attacked him with his eyes fixated on the screen in front of him, his fingers moving swiftly on the keyboards.

"I don't understand how I got to have someone like you as my friend," Jeremy uttered boredly, digging his fingers into his hair.

"One more word from you boys and I will pluck out your eyes!" Zee snapped, clearly frustrated and that was enough to shut them up.

"So, what do you guys say?" She grinned.

"I am all in," Abasi said with so much enthusiasm.

"Fine,"

"Alright,"

I was the only one left.

"Whatever, let's do this," I said dryly and Chizaram squealed, planting a chaste kiss on Jeremy's lips but the horny ass human didn't want to pull away and he deepened the kiss.

"Yeah, I am a yam." Abasi sulked. 

"You people should not stain my mommy and daddy's sofa, abeg!" Stefan chuckled, hauling a throw pillow at the duo.

"Bad belle," Abasi mumbled.

I turned to Stefan who didn't respond to what Abasi said and for one, I commended him for his maturity. Abasi was just looking for someone to rile up. He kept typing on his laptop but in the blink of an eye, he slammed his laptop shut, putting it aside and barrelled towards the light-skinned boy who had anticipated his reaction.

Abasi made a run for it and Stefan dashed right after him. I had my head thrown backwards, raucous laughter tumbling out of my mouth. My shoulders were quaking so hard, tears forming in my eyes when I heard Abasi shrieking like a lady.

"Stefan, just let him go already!" I hollered. My eyes drifted to the couch, settling on the duo that looked lost in their own world.

Being around these guys made me realise how much they have grown on me. How they have given me the one thing I never knew I needed, the one thing I never knew I wanted so much until I had it.

Real friendship.

His warm, intoxicating presence made itself known just behind me and then, he leaned in from behind, causing me to look over my shoulder to face him, our eyes locking in a soft stare. I noticed that he had taken off his glasses, revealing those pair of eyes that I was shamelessly obsessed with.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, his eyes gleaming with utmost softness.

"Never better," I whispered, my lips quirking in a smile.

And I meant it.

A/N

I don't even know the English to spoke. 😂🤲 I had so much fun while writing this chapter.😂 Shakira is just so extra! She's saying one thing this minute and is contradicting it the next. Abi, aren't they friends again?💀 In summary, y'all should fear men.😩

Why is Stefan so angry?😂

Who else is going to agree with me when I say Abasi is a such a big baby and a mumu?😂

Shaaaaa, y'all should tell me what you think of this chapter in the comments section and don't forget to vote, comment and share.♥️

Adiós✨

Love, Didi.♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 945 60
Tainted- affect with a bad or undesirable quality. My past is tainted along with my present, My future is tainted me forever a peasant. But worst an...
870 143 20
Shantรฉ: You were in her room, Jonathan! Jonathan: Ok, ok, I understand that but- Shantรฉ: No, just shut up, ok! You hurt me. Badly. And- Jonathan: You...
1.6K 53 39
"I don't know what kind of girl you think I am Greg" I mumbled. I was not the kind of girl who slept with guys on a whim. I wanted him, but not enoug...
19.8K 442 58
Two broken souls in the midst of a crazy world. Two souls running away from their past. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel was c...