Kiss the Girl

By AngelDaelCruz

Kristina moves into New York with hopes that she can start over again, moving from city to city to escape fro... More

Chapter 1 "THE BAR"
Chapter 2 "Jessie"
Chapter 3 "Fragments"
Chapter 4 "Blue Eyes"
Chapter 5
Author's Note: 100 Reads :)
Chapter 6 "BREAKFAST"
Chapter 7 "RAIN CHECK"
Chapter 8 "THE SONG"
Chapter 9 "THE 22ND STREET"
Chapter 10 "CONFUSION"
Chapter 11 "SUDDENLY"
Chapter 12 "RED VELVET"
Chapter 13 "THE COMING OUT PARTY"
Chapter 14 "THE MIRROR, THE SIGN AND A HERO"
Chapter 15 "STAINED GLASS"
Chapter 16 "One Step Closer Part 1"
Chapter 17 "One Step Closer Part 2"
Chapter 18 "SΓ­"
Chapter 19 "Falling Slowly"
Chapter 20 "BURLESQUE"
Chapter 21 "I dropped my bagel"
Chapter 23 "MISTAKEN IDENTITY"
Chapter 24 "Think Of Me"
Chapter 25 " A Christmas Carol"
Chapter 26 "Doubt"
Chapter 27 "Christine, I love you"
Chapter 28 "Giving Up"
Chapter 29 "Stranger"
Chapter 30 "Opening Up Wounds"
Chapter 31 "A Girl Named Zita"
Chapter 32 "Be Brave"
Chapter 33 "Cut and Run"
Chapter 34 "Devil Take the Hindmost"
Chapter 35 "My Salvation"
Chapter 36 "Wise Men Say..."
Chapter 37 "Break It To Me Gently"
Chapter 38 "The Wedding"
Author's Note
Author's note

Chapter 22 "Dreamscape"

5K 224 25
By AngelDaelCruz

Three days from now it's gonna be Thanksgiving. I wanna be with my family and finally introduce Jessie to them. I'm nervous 'cause I only told them that they are going to meet someone, I know they would be surprised when they find out that I'm dating a girl. Oh gosh! What would my mama say? Especially my two older brothers.

We're on the plane right now flying out to California. Jessie looks agitated not because of she's meeting my family, but because she's afraid of heights.

"Babe, it's gonna be okay. Here, hold my hand... you're safe don't worry." I said with tenderness.

Jessie looked at me with an awkward smile and now her hands are shaking profusely.

"Oh Jessie! You don't have to be afraid. There's only a 50% chance that we'll die on a plane crash. I'm sure the pilot knows what he's doing... but he will die as well if he slacked off. Though, I'm not sure if they checked the engines before leaving..." said Carol teasing at the back of our seat.

Yup, Carol came with the gang. I informed her last time that I was flying to see my relatives before Thanksgiving. And wouldn't you believe it?

She said, "If you're going on a leave then we're going on a leave too! We'll come along! This will be an epic holiday ever! We'll close the café and the bar! I'm sure no one would notice..."

I laughed inside when she said that. Well... now here we are. Together.

Carol was generous enough to book us a hotel near the beach. It's warm in California on Thanksgiving so the sunny beach for me is fine. I preferred to stay with my family together with Jessie but she insisted because if my mama decided to disown me, I would have a place to stay. Carol said it was her early Christmas gift to us all. Alastair and Greg will catch a plane tomorrow to join us however they don't know if AJ would come. They said they can't get a hold of her because of her busy schedule. Too bad...

We got to California and headed out to our hotel. It's very luxurious! Carol does know how to pick a good place to hang. We immediately went to the beach for a swim.

"There are a lot of hot girls in here." Said Madison scouting the shore.

"Yeap! Straight girls." Said Ginny looking through her binoculars.

I looked over at Jessie and saw her talking to a bunch of girls on an outdoor bar.

"Oh hell no." I said marching to get Jessie to stop. I pinched her ear and dragged her back. "What are you doing talking to those girls?" I asked.

"We were just talking, babe. Chill out."

"Oh yeah? What's with the arm caressing? Dios mio, Jessie. I am introducing you to my family and then suddenly you're back to your old habits on picking up girls? Really, Andrews?? You're on my turf."

"Okay... okay... I'm sorry. It will never happen again." Said Jessie raising up her right hand.

"I got my eye on you." Pointing my finger at her.

"That's what you get on dating a playboy. You should have gone out with me, ei?" said Madison.

"Buzz off!" said Jessie shoving Madison's face.

****

(AJ's POV)

I'm staring at my plane ticket as I sat down to my couch drinking my coffee. I rested my back and gave a heavy sigh.

"I'm not going." I said to Alastair.

"But you're gonna be alone on the holidays. Mom and dad wouldn't want that for us. We're always together on these special occasions. Come on, sis. We want you there. Greg is already packing my bags as we speak."

"It's not that I don't want to go but I have a lot of work to do." I rebutted.

"I know that but that's why we hired assistants, remember?"

"That was your idea. You know I don't like making someone else do my work for me and besides our assistants would want to have a holiday break."

"Exactly! So do you! For God's sake, AJ... we all need a break sometimes. They are all having a good time since yesterday. Nobody is working on Thanksgiving. Aunt Carol already paid for our tickets, so I suggest that you don't put it into waste. Come on, get your tushies up and pack your bags."

"Fine."

"Good. There are a lot of lesbians out there. You might want to start looking for a girlfriend for once and maybe start moving out of this dark cold place that you and Sam lived for 5 years."

"Don't push it." I said irritably.

I got up and started packing my bags. Alastair said he will pick me up so I guess I'd have to leave my car keys.

I don't know what's gonna happen but I do hope that I'll have fun.

Five hours and twenty minutes later we got to California. It's bit hot in here. We checked in to our hotel that Carol booked for us.

"Oh look, I got a text from Aunt Carol. She said we should head out to a crab shack near the beach." Said Alastair.

"We just got here." I said in a tired voice.

"Come on! This is gonna be fun! I'm starving!"

"Can we go change first and freshen up a little?" said Greg butting in.

"Great idea! You have a point. Let's change into our most handsome fresh look." said Alastair enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes and went to our designated rooms. Of course, I am alone. My aunt knows me so well. I don't want to be bothered by screaming lesbians talking about the girl they made out with.

I opened my bag and searched for something to wear.

Hmm... What should I wear? I'm on vacation so I think a navy blue sleeveless shirt topped with a white polo opened up will do plus my beach shorts and my sandals. And of course, my trusty aviator. Can't leave without it.

I'm all set.

I went down to the hotel lobby to meet with Alastair and Greg.

"My, my, my... You look so handsome my dear sister. But I must say, I look more dashing. Am I right, Greg?" said Alastair making poses.

"R-right... Let's go ahead. I'm hungry for seafood." Said Greg.

We went to a crab shack near the beach front and immediately I can hear the loud voices of the girls. I sometimes call them skanks.

"My babies are here! You made it!" said Carol standing up to hug us all. "AJ, I thought you weren't coming."

"I wouldn't miss this for the world." I said smiling and hugging back my aunt.

"Indeed, my darling baby. Come and sit down. I'll order some more crab and beer."

This place is nice. It's much like the restaurant from a cartoon series spongebob squarepants. All the waiters and waitresses are wearing a pirate costume complete with an eye patch. I wonder if they could see through those. I hope nobody trips. I sat down between Alastair and Lizzy. I scouted the table to search for Jessie and Kristina but they are nowhere to be found.

"Looking for Jessie?" asked Lizzy.

I immediately looked at her with wonder. How the hell can she sense that? Was I that obvious? This girl is beginning to scare me.

"Jessie and Kristina have a separate table. Look over there to your right." Said Lizzy pointing out to them.

I looked over and saw them laughing and kissing. I quickly turned my head away and said, "Thanks. I can see why they wanted to be alone."

Suddenly, a familiar sound was playing on the restaurants speakers. It's a different version of the original. It's more upbeat.

"There you see her...Sitting there across the way. She don't got a lot to say...But there's something about her..."

Damn it!

Alastair and Greg together with Lizzy started singing along and they were all looking at me.

What the...??

"And you don't know why

But you're dying to try

You wanna kiss the girl..."

What is going on? Alastair is giving me that teasing look and also Greg is now trying to hide his laughter. Something's up.

"Yes, you want her

Look at her, you know you do

It's possible she wants you too

There is one way to ask her

It don't take a word

Not a single word

Go on and kiss the girl..."

All of a sudden everybody... I mean everybody from inside the restaurant got up from their seats and started dancing.

This is ridiculous.

"Sha la la la la la

My oh my

Look like the boy too shy

Ain't gonna kiss the girl

Sha la la la la la

Ain't that sad?

Ain't it a shame?

Too bad, he gonna miss the girl..."

"Come on, AJ dance with us!" shouted Alastair grabbing my hand pulling me up to dance. "Grab a partner! Quick!"

"Now's your moment

Floating in a blue lagoon

Boy you better do it soon

No time will be better

She don't say a word

And she won't say a word

Until you kiss the girl..."

I grabbed my aunt and started dancing with her.

"Alright now, folks! Change partners!!!" shouted a customer.

Suddenly, I was now dancing with Jessie.

"Hey, buddy! You're dancing again! Just like the old days, huh?"

"Yup! Still got the moves!" I said.

"Sha la la la la la

Don't be scared

You got the mood prepared

Go on and kiss the girl"

"CHANGE PARTNERS!!!!" another customer shouted.

Now, I'm dancing with Lizzy.

"Well, well... if it isn't AJ Kingsley... the most eligible bachelorette of all time."

"You're such a tease, Elizabeth." I said smirking.

"It's Lizzy. Just Lizzy...I'm gonna get you for that and it starts now..." Said Lizzy giving me an evil smile. "CHANGE PARTNERS!!!!" shouted Lizzy grabbing Kristina's hand to switch places.

"Sha la la la la la

Don't stop now

Don't try to hide it how

You want to kiss the girl

Sha la la la la la

Float along

And listen to the song

The song say kiss the girl"

I immediately grabbed her from her waist 'cause she is about to trip.

"Gotcha!" I said.

She looked at me with a smile and instantly everything was in slow motion. Once again, she's here in my arms. My heart is beating fast as my breath slows down.

I know I could never be with you. Being your friend is enough for me... I promise I will always be there when you need me, I promise not to hurt you or be mad at you for something that you did, I promise to accept you no matter what and most of all I promise I will never fall in love with you.

I gave her a bit of my smile.

Swifty, we're in between raging dancers pushing me and Kristina closer together.

She laughed and said, "Wow. These people knows how to have fun." Placing her arms around my neck

"S-sure does."

"Shalalalalala music played Hear what the music says... You gotta kiss the girl (THIS SONG SAY GO AHEAD AND KISS HER OH)

Shalalalalala my oh my (SHALALA SHALALA) Look like a point too shy (SHALALA) He gonna kiss the girl"

I don't know if the music is doing this to us but unconsciously our lips are moving closer and closer...

"You've got to kiss the girl

You wanna kiss the girl

You've gotta kiss the girl"

Closer and closer...

"Hey, buddy!" shouted Jessie calling my attention who was coming over to our table together with Kristina. They sat on the other side of the table right in front of me.

FUCK I WAS DAY DREAMING!

I looked over at Alastair and he gave me a closed-lip smile while moving his eyebrows up and down.

What just happened? Was I really day dreaming? What's with Alastair's look?

TO BE CONTINUED...

Author's note:

Hello there, my loving readers. This story was originally to be made into a musical film. But since I have no money to begin with, I just wrote it down the best way that I can. The song from this chapter is kiss the girl covered my peter hollens. Look it up on youtube. You might like it. Ciao!

Ms. Lee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 3.5K 51
β€’ highest rating β€’ #7 in wlw #1 in sapphic #3 in bisexual "Eden- you're not getting my point." She moved closer and glanced to my lips, she gulped an...
104K 4.5K 81
She wanted to change and that's what she did. 17 year old Bailey Skeels has been one to follow rules and go by the book. But after getting accused f...
165K 5.9K 23
In life, there are many firsts. A first kiss. A first love. A first heartbreak. I, Sam, would like to share all of that with you, my life story. My l...
121K 4.7K 30
After spending time in paradise with Megan's money, Lauren and Victoria need to do something productive before they burst. They decide to take on a l...