Silent But Deadly [Black Butl...

By Fallen_Angel_Otaku_

She used to have a name, but she hardly remembers anything. All she knows is that she prefers to be Mute. ... More

Chapt. 1 ~ The Dark Aura
Chapt. 2 ~ Don't Overthink It
Chapt. 3 ~ Prey
Chapt. 4 ~ Encounters
Chapt. 5 ~ Curiosity Kills The Cat
Chapt. 6 ~ So Close
Chapt. 7 ~ Dark Thoughts
Chapt. 8 ~ Withholding
Chapt. 9 ~ Ties
Chapt. 10 ~ Crossing Paths
Chapt. 11 ~ Can't Resist
Chapt. 12 ~ The Fallen Angel
Chapt. 13 ~ Mixed Signals Or Communication?
Chapt. 14 ~ Desires & Regrets
Chapt. 15 ~ To Slowly Give In
Chapt. 16 ~ The Amount Of Chaos
Chapt. 18 ~ It's A Trap
Chapt. 19 ~ Have It Your Way
Chapt. 20 ~ Maeve
Chapt. 21 ~ This Stays Between Us
Chapt. 22 ~ What Would You Know?
Chapt. 23 ~ Failed Vacation
Chapt. 24 ~ Prepare For The Worse
Chapt. 26 ~ Until Next Time
Author Note
Chapt. 27 ~ The Trancy Manor
Chapt. 28 ~ Talk Later
Chapt. 29 ~ The Warning
Chapt. 30 ~ All Aboard!
Chapt. 31 ~ Mysteries Or Secrets?
Chapt. 32 ~ A New Game
Chapt. 33 ~ All Good Things Must Come To An End
Chapt. 34 ~ Endless Night
Chapt. 35 ~ From The Start
Chapt. 36 ~ Deceptions
Chapt. 37 ~ To Take Back What Was Lost
Chapt. 38 ~ What Did You Do?
Chapt. 39 ~ Deal With The Devil
Chapt. 40 ~ Twisted Games

Chapt. 17 ~ No Escape

743 17 1
By Fallen_Angel_Otaku_

'Calm down...' Mute panted as she curled up in bed. She was coughing and crying at the same time. 'I managed to get away... So why am I still freaking out? Why can't I stop?!' 

After attacking the puppets at the Curry Festival, Mute realized the situation she was in and saw the wings on her back. With her ability she turned everything black and made her exit out of the building. She had returned back to Sebastian's bedroom, because at the time it was the only place she could think and buried herself underneath the covers. 

'This has happened before. But I know how to control it. So why can't I calm down?' Mute curled her body under the covers as she grabbed her scalp. Overwhelming emotions and thoughts filled her head. She could barely hear her own thoughts. Mute hugged herself tightly with her nails digging into her arms as she shut her eyes tightly while tears continued to pour down her cheeks. She felt as if everything was out of control until, 

"Calm yourself." She heard an unknown voice. This voice was new to her. When Mute opened her eyes, she found herself surrounded by white. Nothing but white as feathers fell from nowhere. 

'Where am I?' Mute looked around. 

"There we go. That was a close one, wasn't it?" 

Mute turned to the owner of the voice. As she turned around, a tall man dressed in white and in a butler attire, and white wings spread out on his back stood before her. 'He's the butler from the Curry Festival... He's an Angel? A Pure White Angel.' Mute noticed Ash's wings and began to glare. 

"There's no need to be cautious of me, my dear child. I'm only here to help you." He told her as he walked closer to her. "I was sensing you losing control of yourself, so I came as soon as I could. I was so glad I was able to make it in time." 

'What does he know?' Mute continued to glare. She didn't know this angel and she's never met him before. So why would a pure white angel help a fallen angel? The two are different from one another. 

"My apologies, Milady. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ash the Angel. We encountered each other before, but not in the form that I have now. I know much about you, Mute. I've been keeping a close eye on you ever since I felt your presence the first time... I am glad I was able to come to your aid before you could lose control of yourself." He said, causing Mute's eyes to widen before her express turned into a glare. "Before your form could reach its peak-" 

Before Ash could finish his sentence, Mute grabbed his throat and pinned him to the floor. She glared with razor sharp teeth showing as her nails duck into the skin of his neck. Her eyes slowly turned black with hatred as she growled at him. 'You know nothing!' She hissed in her head. 

Ash struggled against the girl's hold as he saw the area around him turn black. His eyes widen with amazement but also shock. How was she able to change the setting of his doing? He underestimated Mute. He had no idea she had the ability to do something like this. Ash began to choke and finding it hard to breathe as Mute tightened her hold on around his throat. 

Black wings began to stretch out from Mute's back as her form slowly began to change. Ash's eyes became wide with horror. Mute raised her other hand to strike, but so quickly, the room had returned back to normal and how it was. Mute had put a hole in the floor with her hand as Ash was nowhere to be seen. It was like he had vanished from her sight. He was no longer being pinned down to the floor by her. 

"We will see each other again very soon." His voice called out to her as Mute stood up from her kneeling position. 

Mute slowly blinked and tried to process what had just happened but sighed to herself. Was it worth finding out in a time like this? 'First a demon, then reapers, and now an angel. How many more creatures are roaming the human world?' She frowned and looked down at her lap. 'He was able to put a stop to it. What did he do to me? Where was I just now?' 

She already had too much on her mind. She wanted answers. But where was she going to get them? How? Obviously she wasn't the only creature roaming this world. Now she didn't know what to do with herself. So, she went to the only person she knew she could go to when so much on her mind and when she needed answers. 

Miko. 

Mute returned home and walked through the front door, and into the living room. "It's about time you returned." Miko smiled as she was sitting near the coffee table with tea already prepared for the two of them. It was like Miko had predicted this would happen. Mute took a seat across from Miko and silently sighed. 

"So, is there something you want to tell me?" Miko smirked while folding her arms over her chest. "Or do I have to guess?" 

Mute shrugged her shoulders. She wanted to see if Miko knew what was talking about, or if she was pushing her buttons like she always did. Mute gestured her head forward, as if she were telling Miko to go ahead guess as she connected with Miko telepathically. "Be my guest." 

"You got yourself into a predicament with a demon and you don't understand what to do because you have already encountered it more than once, and now you find yourself either falling into deeper trouble with the demon or something else that I'm sure you know about, right?" 

Mute's eyes widened and opened her mouth as if she was going to say something.

"Did you forget that I am always watching?" She smirked as her eyes glowed. 

"What to expect from a fox... But in Japanese terms, Kitsune." Mute gave her a deadpan look. 

"You flatter me." Miko giggled. 

"It wasn't a compliment."

"Mute, you know that you and I are not creatures from this world, don't you? And you know that there are other species out there than just humans. There are many creatures living amongst us but in plain sight. You know how some can hide their forms to be more adaptable to the society that they are in, right? Their appearance may have changed, but not their intentions." 

'I know all that stuff...' Mute sighed. "You and I are not from this world, yet we decide to blend in, and for what?"

"You were the one who wanted to get away. Remember that." Miko's voice turned stern. Mute stared at Miko with an intense gaze before glancing away from her. 

"The demon assumes that him and I are meant to be..." Mute changed the subject. 

"So that's why you've been hanging around him, and that boy he seems to be clinging to. Is it fate?" 

"Don't say that. I don't know what to call it... It's not like I planned to run into a demon. And I don't know anything about this mate stuff since I'm not a demon and my kind isn't like that... Do you know what it means?" 

"I know this is something you do not want to hear, but I do believe that this demon has something that you crave deep down." 

"What are you talking about? I don't crave anything." 

"Is that what you keep telling yourself, Mute?" Miko smirked. "You can lie to others, but you cannot lie to yourself." 

"I'm not lying to myself. I don't crave anything." Mute repeated. "When first coming into contact with the demon, I felt this odd aura from him. It was dark. Cold. But at the same time... There was something else, but I can't describe it. It's hard to explain it every time I think back to it. 

"Have you thought about it often?" 

"No." Mute shook her head. "This is the 4th time, I think.. And I still don't know what it is." 

"Hmmm?" Miko hummed. 

"It's not what you think it is. I casted that out a long time ago. I don't want to bring it back now..." Mute frowned. 

"Mute. You can ignore it as much as you like, but don't you see what's happening to you? You're beginning to demon again...And that demon is your mate whether you like or not." Miko said this with concern and a stern look.

"I can control it, and I want nothing to do with this mate thing either." With that said, Mute stood up and went to her room. Miko blinked and watched her friend leave before taking a sip of her tea. 'I'll deny it every time if I have to... Nothing will change for me... No matter how many times I try to escape it,' Mute stopped in the middle of the hallway and slowly opened her eyes. 'I can never forget. I will always be trapped in the past.' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 6K 30
Adalina, the head maid at Phantomhive Manor, is a mute. It's not that she can't speak, it's that she won't and no one knows why. Sebastian suddenly s...
113K 3.1K 40
she only wanted to be loved, but when she had it. she saw it and decided she didn't want it anymore. (female reader, i used her/she pronouns)
150K 4.5K 35
What if Ciel didn't made a deal with one demon, but instead he made a deal with two demons? Expect this one demon is special...meet (Y/n) (L/n), a sp...
424 15 5
𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐀 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒|𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐈 "𝐌𝐲 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐞..." !CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM BLUE MEMORY ARC! Unaware of her unfortunate fat...