Meridia: The Fall (Book 2 Cat...

Av Quietdreamer52

BOOK 2 of Meridia Kaylaya and Cato are back along with the other characters we know and love. Another year a... Mer

1
Guilt
Training
Reaping
Welcome Back
6
7
8
Games
Your Victors of the 77th Hunger Games..
11
12
13
15
16 ( 12 POV)
17
18 ( FYI)
19 (12 POV)
20
21
22 ( 12 POV)
23
24 ( Capitol POV)
25
26 ( 12POV)
27
Hey!
What did they do.. ( Mixed POV)
How to make them believe
I do.
Don't understand ( 12 POV)
34
Round 2
Meet the team
37
Start of a...
... Revolution
Friction
Scores
The end.
Games
i'd killed you by now.
Why?
Fainting hope
The Tree
Finale
13
...you made it

What do you want me to do? ( Mixed POV)

156 4 0
Av Quietdreamer52

Octavia POV

Our wait was only 12 hours long.

When we came back to 12, there was more security, more rules, and more public punishments.

One being a family friend, Gale Hawthorne.

When we were away, they broke through 12.

They destroyed the Hob. All that was left was a pile of soot.

I guess he tackled a Peackeeper, trying to beat on a child.

His whipping day was today.

I just need to find out how to stop it.

All the district was required to go watch, they pulled us all out of work and out houses to circle around our town square.

The Everdeens were by Gale's family, comforting his mother and younger siblings.

Prompt had to give a whole speech before we even did anything, think Octavia!

My hearth dropped when I saw him look my way, shaking his head. Like he knew what I was thinking.

Are we close? No.

But we supplied the Hob with food, same with Katniss Everdeen before she was reaped. When She died, we helped feed his family along with the Everdeens.

It's just an agreement to help each other, or who ever is in need.

And I need to help.

"... Now we will show you what happens to people that defy our demands!" Prompt says pulling me from my thoughts.

I got nothing. So I do what pops in my head at the second.

" Stop!" I yell, running out from the square.

I stand infront of Gale putting my hands out.

" Get out of my way!" Prompt yells.

" You'll need to go through me first." I defend, if I so much as move an inch I'll tremble.

" Move!" He yells punching me in my face.

Evangeline POV

Can this girl get anymore stupid!

I stand there and watch her go out with her stupid plan trying to save that boy. If it was me, it's everyone for themselves.

Peacekeepers are the last thing you want to get hooked up with.

Especially when they come from 2.

She refuses to move, I see Prompt ball his fists before punching her.

Cal runs out in the crowd trying to defend her, "Tavia!" He yells covering her.

" Get this girl out of the way, before she's next!" He yells.

" I'm not leaving Gale!" She yells.

Prompt whips Gale one more time, Octavia went in the way, half her face getting slashed.

You got to be kidding me.

" Tavia!" Cal says grabbing her head, " We need to get you somewhere."

She pushes him out of the way, stubborn.

" GO ahead with another one." She mocks.

You need to be kidding...

He was about to raise his whip again before I intervene.

" Hey!" I yell, running up to the group.

" I see you all want whippings." He mocks.

" Do you really want to mark her up?" I question.

" Doesn't matter to me. I'll happily do it to all of you." He spits.

" Open your eyes Prompt! These two are the newest victors. It's bad enough your giving her a scar for her wedding. What do you think the Capitol and Snow are going to think about that huh?"

His face drops, realizing who she was.

" She intervened with a Peacekeeper."

" I know, I saw. She's dumber then a box of rocks, but she's a victor. And he's the fiancé. Just let them go, this one time." I try to convince. " I'll keep them on a leash."

He swallows, " This one time, next time I don't care who you are. Get him out of here."

**********

Snow POV

My grandchildren sit next to me on the right while Plutarch is on my left.

Those scoundrels are causing quite the quarrel.

" They should be shot." Kieran scolds.

" You said you had a proposition to help with this problem?" I question the new Gamemaker.

" I do." He states simply, smirking at the telegram.

" Well, go on."

He takes the remote, playing and replaying the clip. "They're breed now thinks they're invincible."

" They're not." I say sharply.

" I know. We need to prove they aren't, we need to give them a reminder."

" What do you propose?"

His smile grows brighter. " We need to force them back to their roots. We need to shown them why they fear the Capitol."

I take in Mr. Heavensbee's words very carefully. Their roots..why they feared the Capitol.

The games.

" It's not quell."

Heavensbee shrugs, " Your the President. You can have a quell year after year if you want to."

" We're going to throw them all in there?" Celeste asks.

Plutarch shrugs, " Yes and no. We need our own allies in this fight. We need tributes we know can kill, and have a motive to get rid of 12."

" But...they won't do it unless they get out." Celeste mentions again.

" If they do what we ask them.. They can." I point out.

Plutarch nods, " It'll give excitement, The Capitol will be happy. It'll get rid of our uprising problem, the districts will tremble in fear."

" It's a perfect plan." Kieran smiles. " Who will be our allies?"

I look at Plutarch, " I assume you have some names in mind."

He nods, " Yes, but I want them to feel the risk first. They need motive, and an offer they can't refuse. We need to announce the games first, then go to them."

I nod. " Very well."

**********

Kaylaya POV

Life has been great.

I got engaged, took him long enough. He's been inseparable to me since.

We've been training kids now since 12 came home from tour, they won by pure luck. And since they returned.. Panem rules have never been so strict.

Even here in 2, we have a curfew it's at 9 just in the town square, victors village doesn't count.

Peacekeepers are never here anyways.

I guess there is a national report from Snow tonight, so of course Brutus and Enobaria are coming over to watch it.

They're here so often, I don't bother cleaning the house anymore.

I did notice Enobaria getting paler, and a little bigger in her stomach, but she's been stress eating a lot I guess so I don't mind to her very much. Her mood swings have been crazy.

They got there shortly after, all of us sitting down to have a drink. " What do you think this is about this time?" Brutus asks taking a swig of his beer.

" Maybe they'll announce another death." I mutter.

" District 12, tragically died of natural causes." Cato mocks in a Capitol tone, " How... Unfortunatetastic!"

I laugh, " That's not even a word."

He grins, " That's something they would say."

It would be.

" So, when's the wedding?" Baria asks.

We look at eachother, " We didn't get that far in the conversation." Cato says smugly.

Baria rolls her eyes, " Didn't need to know that."

Cato chuckles putting his hand on my knee, drawing shapes into it.

The channel flashed to life as Snow is standing on his own balcony at his mansion. where he normally stands for the games.

Behind him was what I was guessing officials, two young kids-one being Celeste- and maybe a brother. Then a face I've never seen before.

He was older, gray hair, round face on the other side of Snow. Whoever he is, he must be important enough to be directly next to him.

" Today, I'll like to offically install our new Head Gamemaker..Plutarch Heavensbee. And also have an announcement regarding the games."

I give my full attention when he mentions the games, are they having them early.

I see Plutarch grab a gold piece of paper from his pocket, handing it to him.

Snow clears his throat. " The games will continue as usual, but with a twist of quell."

The Capitol cheers, " Great, so they'll be quell every single year." Baria mumbled.

I feel a lump in my throat as I still watch the tv, why is he announcing this now?

Snow raises his arms mentioning everyone to quiet down. " This year, for the 78th Games.. The Male and Female are to be reaped..from the existing pool of victors!"

My heart stopped.

I feel my face fall as I looked at the screen, my heart was in my head, all I could hear was the thumping.

We could go back there.

I manage to pull my eyes away looking at Cato. He had the same face, Brutus and Enobaria were still looking at the Tv in shock.

All our eyes met, looking at eachother.

I could hear the muffled cheers, but that wasn't even the worst part.

" You, the Capitol will have the decision of who will be picked! IF there is only one victor of a gender they are defaulted to be in the games." Snow continues with that sickening smile.

I bet he's thinking of our expressions looking the the TV.

These people get to pick...

They loved me and Cato, I mentioned it would be cool to see both of us in the arena. What if they remember that?

What if me and Cato go in the games together.

I felt a tightness in my chest getting tighter and tighter, my breathing quickens as my heart seems to go faster then it already was.

I stand up abruptly, I can't see his face, I can't see the people on the screen. I feel a hand but I pull mine away quickly going out the door.

I don't even know where I'm going, my feet take me. I feel hot tears run down my face as the cold air hits me.

I trip on a root or rock, knocking me down. I somewhat catch myself on a small tree, all I could do was cry as I lean my head on the rough bark.

I can't go back in there.

Cato can't go back in there.

Could we volunteer? I don't think they'll allow it, so if he does I won't be able to help him. I know he wouldn't want me to.

I know for a fact he would if I got called.

I don't know what I would do if he does. I'll be a mentor, I can barely make it in general but if it's him..

2 is the safest district. We have so many victors you can't even count. We might be ok.

" Kaylaya!" I hear. Enobaria.

I sniffle getting up. I follow the panicked voice, seeing her visibly relax in the distance when she sees me.

When I get closer, I also realize she could be going back, Brutus could be going back. And without me even knowing it, I cried again as she wraps her arms around me.

" They're really messed up aren't they?" She asks, I could hear the tears in her voice as she talked.

" We can't go back. None of us." I cry.

" I know. Let's get you back inside, it's freezing out here."

I nod as we walk, We were a considerably far distance away. " I'm surprised Cato didn't come." I half joke.

That makes her smile, " He would've. But he couldn't leave the couch."

He relapsed to.

Both of us are in rough shape to go back in there, all of us are.

Once we get back in the house, Brutus had red eyes as he sat by Cato who was a blotchy mess. I probably look the same way.

We go to sit again with them on the couch. All of us stayed quiet as the light chatter of the Tv went on.

" There's no volunteers." I state, though it was more of a question.

" They didn't confirm or deny that we could." Brutus says numbly.

Cato looks over at me, " Your not volunteering if I get picked."

" Same goes for you." I say.

" None of us are. Why would we?" Baria droned. "We all have things to lose." Though I don't think she realized she did it, she rubbed her stomach.

How a girl would rub her stomach if she had a...

I gasped looking at her wide eyed. " Enobaria.."

She slowly looks at me, her tears forming. I look at her then at Brutus, " Oh my gosh..." I feel tears brim as I look at the two of them.

" When we finally decide to start a family." She whispers sourly as tears go down her face.

Cato looked just as surprised as me, so he didn't know either.

" And, no. Your not volunteering for me if I do get picked." She says. " If it's allowed."

I felt my lip tremble, feeling absolutely lost. Now we just need to sit and wait like animals waiting for slaughter.

Enobaria stands up, " I can't.. I can't deal with all of this right now."

" The downstairs is open." Cato says plainly not bothering to look at her.

They both go down, leaving me and Cato. He looks straight ahead occupied with the running thoughts in his head. He must've been listening to their footsteps, as soon as they fade he turns to me.

I was already looking at him, as we made eye contact we both broke down. " Cato.." I sob as we both hand to each other. He hugs me so tight like I could slip away at any moment.

" I can't lose you." He cries, " I can't.."

" I know, I can't lose you either." I whimper.

**********

Callahan

I now know what our punishment is..

My mother hangs onto me as we watched Snow announce that I will be going back in the arena.

I'm the only male victor.

I would try to comfort her but I'm being selfish, I would say it's ok but it's not.

I'm going to die.

I have a good feeling who the female victor was going to be.

I needed to try to stop it.

" Mom.." I tried as she wails. " Mom." I say a little more stern. " I need to go." I give her a kiss on the cheek, " I'll be back soon ok?"

She reluctantly let's go. I need to talk to Evangeline.

I run out of the house, going to hers right down from mine. As soon as I step in her house I smell alcohol mixed with candles.

She was in her living room with Anker. She looks over to me with bloodshot eyes, " I'm guessing you saw the joke Snow has for us?"

I take the liquid on the table giving it a big gulp. " I did."

She laughs to herself, " I will admit, I never thought.. he would go this low."

" This is because of us."

She smirks, " You said it, not me." Her face contorts into something more serious, " I'm guessing your not here for small talk Callahan." She questions.

Anker stares hard at me, his scar running deep reminding me of what he could do. He'd be a good victor, not me.

" She can't go back in there." I say quietly.

Evangeline laughs loudly. The kind of laugh I know isn't good, she's mad.

" So you want me to volunteer if they think it would be cute to have you two together again?"

I stay quiet.

She looked at her drink, probably deciding whether to throw it at me or not.

Anker was eyeing me, maybe wanting to kill me himself, I know how he feels about her.

Just like how I feel about Octavia.

She shakes her head, " No. Now, it's time to be selfish Cal, I'm not. If I don't need to go in there I won't. Maybe you should think the same way."

" I am going back. I don't see Haymitch coming back anytime soon."

" And why are you going back huh?!" She yells. "Who's fault is it?" She points at the door. " It's her fault in that house right across from yours. She dragged all of us in this..mess!"

" Octavia did what she thought was right." I defend.

" Where did that get you?" She questions, " What have you gained?"

I stay silent, she was right nothing positive came out of this besides some money and a new house. But that can't help anyone here now.

She half nods, " It's time to be selfish. If you want to live it's only you in that arena. Both of you aren't getting out this alive. And everyone knows.. It's because of you two they need to come back."

She takes a sip, " I don't think none of you are coming back alive. And though if I go in, they'll still want to kill me for mentoring you so.."

She shrugs dismissively, making my go red from anger.

I stand up going to the door, just as I was going to open, Octavia opened the door.

" Don't bother." I mutter as I walk out.

*********

Kaylaya POV

We went to bed eventually,though both of us were twisting and turning all night.

Cato was mumbling in his sleep, until it was a fit of panic waking himself up. " Hey.." I assure grabbing his arm.

He looked at me wildly, relaxing once he realized it was me. " You mumble in your sleep." I smile.

He sighs laying back down, " Sorry."

I smile, " I hate bad dreams."

I see a small smile creep on his face, " Yea, me too."

I happened to look over at the time, in an half hour the sun would be rising, no sense going back to bed. " How about you take a shower." I wipe his face, "Your a little warm."

He nods going into the bathroom. A couple minutes later I heard stirring from downstairs, then a knock.

Who would be here this early in the morning?

" Can I help you?" Brutus asks bitterly to whoever was at the door, I get up quickly to see whoever it was.

I just came down the stairs to see a Peacekeeper closing the door, Brutus turns pale.

" Who was that?" I ask, concerned at his face.

" A Capitol Guard. We're requested, all of us."

I feel my stomach drop, what does Snow want, with us?

" I'll get Baria up. You get-"

" He's already up. I'll tell him."

Cato was just getting dressed when I came in, he looks over my face before looking towards the door. "What's wrong?" He asks.

" We need to go to the Capitol."

" What?"

" There was just a guard here, Brutus answered it. Snow is requesting us."

Cato looks panicked as he throws on his shirt rapidly, " Us, or District 2 victors?"

I bite the inside of my cheek, " I'm not sure."

We all got dressed quickly going out to a car that was already waiting for us.

There was a driver standing outside when we it there, he had the gold Capitol emblem on his breast pocket. Once we all got in we all looked at eachother.

There was the small window connecting to where we were sitting to the driver. The dark skinned man talked. " You 4 were specifically picked from 2 to talk on behalf of your district. You'll go to the Capitol and return later tonight."

" Great, thank you." I say politely.

They took us right through town to the train. There, Peacekeepers escorted us so we were minimally seen.

" I didn't miss this thing." Brutus uttered looking around at it.

" How do you think I feel?" Baria grits from the side of him, going to sit on the couch. She looks rough, I bet she's getting sick now.

Me and Cato sit on an opposite chair across from them, " What do you think he wants?" I ask.

" I'm guessing it has something to do with the games." Baria snaps looking at em before she rolls her eyes sighing, " Sorry."

I giver her a tight-lined smile, it's just her hormones.

" That driver said we're speaking on behalf of our district. So maybe we are actually picking who's going." Cato thinks aloud.

" Sounds like something they would do."

None of us really wanted to talk about anything Hunger Games related, so we settled for mindlessly watching Tv, it's the only thing that can occupy from thinking.

We arrive later in the day, we go further into the Capitol, I never saw it before. I stay closer to the window watching all the scenery and statues they had.

We stopped at a small secluded station inside the gates on the mansion, More guard were waiting there, we were just walking distance from the entrance.

There was an older women standing infront, the only one without a helmet on. Enobaria opened the door up first eyeing all of them.

" Hello, I'm Commander Annabeth. Capitol Appointer of the Snows." She introduces.

Baria just nods formally, having her 'look' already on. One we all need to have.

A warm hand finds mine, interlocking our fingers together. I look over at Cato nervously, he was already looking at me with the same look, but he gave my hand a squeeze before leading us out.

" Nice too meet you all, if you please all follow me." The commander said walking, her group coming behind us.

She opened the Mansions doors, a strong floral smell hit my senses. She lead us up a flight of stairs then down a long corridor.

There was a round table, Snow, Celeste, a younger boy, and that Game maker were sitting head of. On the sides were multiple Peacekeepers.

" District 2, Welcome!" Snow says warmly flaunting his teeth. Celeste was looking directly at me with a sweet official smile, I don't know if it was genuine or not, but I smiled back.

" What an honor to stand once again in your presence." Brutus says, bowing his head just a little.

" Don't be strangers. Sit." Snow offers.

And we do, all sitting in their view.

" Do you know why I brought you here today?" He questions.

" We have an idea." Enobaria pipes in.

" Which is..Mrs.Blake?"

" We're assuming the games."

" Then you assumed correct. Let me introduce out newest Head, Plutarch Heavensbee." Snow mentions towards the other gray haired man.

" Good to meet you all." He says giving a sly smile.

I nod, Cato does the same.

" We have a proposition for you." Plutarch begins, "Your the favorites of the Capitol, along with your district."

So it'll be any of us going in the games. I feel my heart beat faster.

" We have a problem, one that is taking the entirety of Panem." He continues.

" 12?" Cato asks leaning forward.

Snow nods. " Specifically our Victor of the last game, Octavia Avril. She's a face of a rebellion, one she's just starting to realize she's apart of."

" What do you want us to do?" I blurt. Everyone looks my way. I see Snow smile " Your quite quick, Ms. Musak."

I nod, " You want us to get rid of her? In the games."

" But we're not just asking you to risk your life, there is benefits. Right, Grandpa?" Celeste says looking hopefully at her.. Grandfather?

Snow's smiles completely one that is to soft to be seen. He values his grandchild.

As I looked at their brief encounter I felt eyes on me, eyes of the boy looking directly at me with the same eyes as Snow, these seemed more menacing.

I looked away quickly. " We do." Snow says his eyes hardening into something more business-like.

I raised my chin, waiting for his proposal. " We will be talking to all the careers in order to take down Mrs. Avril. No doubt she will have allies."

" Who are these careers exactly?" Cato asks.

" 1,2,and 4." The boy says quickly, in a harsh tone. He needed to be no older then me and Cato.

" And who is coming from that district?" He asks again.

" It's not yet decided. You are the first ones we are talking to." Plutarch says.

" We are getting distracted. We need two of you to go in the games with the intent on killing the pair. Once you do so there will be a.. glitch." Snow says once again.

I look down at my hands, Enobaria can't go in there she's pregnant. Cato knows to, his grip almost hurts my hand.

" Define..Glitch." Baria retorted.

" Once you kill them, 'rebels' will attack, cutting out power for a breif amount of time. We'll get everyone left out. Games will be canceled for the year. Shortly after you all will be interviewed and back on to your lives." Plutarch explained.

" And your granting us protection, until we kill them?" She asks again.

" As much as we can aide, without suspicion. We can stop mutts, not so much the other tributes, but we can try to keep them at bay."

" Who will be volunteering this year?" The boy asks.

" Kieran." Celests scolds.

I look at Kieran, they have the same eyes. That's about it, maybe siblings, some type of relation.

" I think you might need to ask another." Enobaria says, " I'm pregnant and Kaylaya..." She trails off.

I could do it, but she doesn't want me to volenteer just because of that reason.

" You are?" Snow asks. She manages up a smile, "You can test me all you want. 2 is honest."

" I was thinking Kaylaya." Plutarch says.

I felt a surge of panic as the sentence escaped his lips. Confirming exactly what I feared, Cato to was looking at him wide eyed.

His jaw so so clenched I thought he might actually break a tooth if he does it anymore. I could tell my his expression he wanted to fight it, and hard.

But there was no debate. I had no choice. If I declined I had a feeling something would happen. No way they'd let a pregnant women in the games.

I try to take an even breath giving a small nod.

Plutarch clapped his hand together, " Perfect. And Brutus.. I think you'd be another great candidate. We decided having authentic..couples would only complicate the mission. We need your minds clear for the task ahead."

" I'd be honored to represent my district with Kaylaya as long as we have safety." Brutus says sternly.

" Well that settles that. Thank you all for coming." Snow dismisses.

The guards lead us out of the conference room, I happen to look at Celeste and Kieran who had indescribable faces.

It's confirmed... I'm going back in the games.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

197K 5.8K 21
REVENGE. when everything is ripped from her, a young victor makes it her mission to eliminate the one who tore her apart. CATCHING FIRE
41.8K 1K 33
What if you volunteer for the hunger games for your brother? To give him a better life. What if you plan to come back,but you never do? A clato stoy...
21.8K 304 19
Alexis has trained all her life as an assassin in District 15. When she volunteers for the 74th Annual Hunger Games, she believes that nothing will s...
2.1K 68 21
Book 2 in the Finnick Odair X OC 'Accepting' series. Finnick Odair X OC "You'll never know what twists the Gamemakers will put in for a Quarter Quell...